Jeff Emig forgets

Evans
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:00am
I was watching the Lites from Budds Creek last night and Jeff Emig bashed on Jlaw. I was just wondering if Jeff has smoked so much weed that he forgets about the great lake havasu trip that lost him his Kawaski ride. I think that he would have been a little more understanding, but i guess not. Oh how people in glass houses love to throw rocks.
|
BDOG
7/25/2008 10:23am
I agree, he has no room to talk.
coolhand
7/25/2008 10:23am
Ditto..and shows up like an assclown at LL's to cherry pick
flarider
7/25/2008 10:28am
Fro partied in private, like they all do/did.
He got popped once and paid the price.

That is where you guys need to make the distinction, public and private

Pretty much all of the riders party to some extent.
Few if any ever do so publicly

Jason should have kept his playtime, private
and no one would give a shit

Fro, if anyone, has every right to talk shit
He's been there, done that, and knows the trouble it causes
mx836
7/25/2008 10:29am
coolhand wrote:
Ditto..and shows up like an assclown at LL's to cherry pick
How is it cherry picking? He has every right to be there.

The Shop

Evans
7/25/2008 10:33am
He was walking down the street drunk off his ass and the cops came up to him and started talking to him they ended up searching him and found a crunched up beer can in his pocket with pot resedue on it. Whats so private about that, and because you tickle your own ass in private FLARIDER doesnt make it ok
Jabjr222
7/25/2008 10:44am
Just face it, everyone is a hypocrite. It just depends on the audience.
socalmx716
7/25/2008 10:47am
What do you want him to say on National TV? "I did it I don't see the big problem"????

He is more mature now and knows that you can't do that stuff. He should be able to tell J-Law he needs to get his chet together better than anyone else.
rucka356
7/25/2008 10:48am
Evans wrote:
He was walking down the street drunk off his ass and the cops came up to him and started talking to him they ended up searching...
He was walking down the street drunk off his ass and the cops came up to him and started talking to him they ended up searching him and found a crunched up beer can in his pocket with pot resedue on it. Whats so private about that, and because you tickle your own ass in private FLARIDER doesnt make it ok
Fro is just like anybody else walking down the street. You go to the races and they're celebrities. That is the difference. I bet the cops didn't even know who fro was when they arrested him. MX is so small you could throw every factory racer in 1 mall and I bet less then a handful if any are noticed.
Adam43
7/25/2008 10:49am
Fro was definitely a partier, but he was a winner and a champion at the highest level in the sport. Big difference between him and Lawrence in their ability to perform. At this point Lawrence has only won a handful of regional supercrosses.
Evans
7/25/2008 10:55am
For sure not trying to take anything away from the guy, he is a badass it was just wierd to hear him jump on the wagon and bash jlaw then maybe shed a little light on the situation once coming from a guy who has faced this. Jlaw needs a guy like Jeff Emig to be on his side and not on the hipocryte side of things. And Adam43 Jlaw is the westcoast lites supercross champion and nobody can take that away from him. He was the best lites rider on that coast for the year.
flarider
7/25/2008 10:57am
Evans wrote:
He was walking down the street drunk off his ass and the cops came up to him and started talking to him they ended up searching...
It wasn't, and Jeff knows he fucked up
So, knowing he fucked up gives him every right to talk about someone else fucking up.

Havasu was not Fro's first time partying like a rockstar
It was his first time getting busted doing it publicly

Red Bud was not Jason's first public run in, was it?
Was a lesson learned from it?

Ask Jeff about the lessons he learned from Havasu
Evans
7/25/2008 11:03am
You Know Jlaw provided us with great racing on the westcoast side of things. Now he has some trouble and the same people that were cheering for him now want to curse him. Lets all get together and and stand up for the guy, he needs help. They are trying to kick him out of the ama.
WSR
7/25/2008 11:03am
flarider wrote:
Fro partied in private, like they all do/did. He got popped once and paid the price. That is where you guys need to make the distinction...
Fro partied in private, like they all do/did.
He got popped once and paid the price.

That is where you guys need to make the distinction, public and private

Pretty much all of the riders party to some extent.
Few if any ever do so publicly

Jason should have kept his playtime, private
and no one would give a shit

Fro, if anyone, has every right to talk shit
He's been there, done that, and knows the trouble it causes
X2
And Fro redeemed himself with a win in Vegas about a week later.
While JLaw rode not so hot and got popped again, soon after the first incident.
I like JLaw, but he needs to get it together if he wants to be a top pro MXer.
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
7/25/2008 11:07am
socalmx716 wrote:
What do you want him to say on National TV? "I did it I don't see the big problem"???? He is more mature now and knows...
What do you want him to say on National TV? "I did it I don't see the big problem"????

He is more mature now and knows that you can't do that stuff. He should be able to tell J-Law he needs to get his chet together better than anyone else.
haha. That would have been cool. Imagine...

"Yamaha of Troy rider Jason Lawrence is out indefinitely with suspension following some off-track activities"

Emig: "Yeah, that sucks for J-Law. I used to smoke all sorts of shit in between motos. But those were the days before the AMA ruled our entire lives. Fuck the AMA, they can suck my balls. Free J-Law."

That would have went down awesome on national tv.

But I definitely agree that we can't be seen condoning that sort of behavior. Not in professional sport. If you want to be a pot-smoking jerkoff, stick to freestyle.
Larry
7/25/2008 11:09am
Adam43 wrote:
Fro was definitely a partier, but he was a winner and a champion at the highest level in the sport. Big difference between him and Lawrence...
Fro was definitely a partier, but he was a winner and a champion at the highest level in the sport. Big difference between him and Lawrence in their ability to perform. At this point Lawrence has only won a handful of regional supercrosses.
X1
Evans
7/25/2008 11:10am
socalmx716 wrote:
What do you want him to say on National TV? "I did it I don't see the big problem"???? He is more mature now and knows...

TheWeapon wrote:
haha. That would have been cool. Imagine... "Yamaha of Troy rider Jason Lawrence is out indefinitely with suspension following some off-track activities" Emig: "Yeah, that sucks...
haha. That would have been cool. Imagine...

"Yamaha of Troy rider Jason Lawrence is out indefinitely with suspension following some off-track activities"

Emig: "Yeah, that sucks for J-Law. I used to smoke all sorts of shit in between motos. But those were the days before the AMA ruled our entire lives. Fuck the AMA, they can suck my balls. Free J-Law."

That would have went down awesome on national tv.

But I definitely agree that we can't be seen condoning that sort of behavior. Not in professional sport. If you want to be a pot-smoking jerkoff, stick to freestyle.
Thats the kind of TV i want o see. The weapon needs his own show.
flarider
7/25/2008 11:10am
By the way, let's not forget Fro was essentially busted during off-season, after the Nationals were done.
The only race left was the US Open and it wasn't even considered a big race at that time.

Jason has had his troubles during the season

TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
7/25/2008 11:15am
flarider wrote:
By the way, let's not forget Fro was essentially busted during off-season, after the Nationals were done. The only race left was the US Open and...
By the way, let's not forget Fro was essentially busted during off-season, after the Nationals were done.
The only race left was the US Open and it wasn't even considered a big race at that time.

Jason has had his troubles during the season

Good point.
7/25/2008 11:17am
Emig was not warned, He was just let go. Kawi needed a reason to dump him and they found it.

After that he did not get into trouble again. Also He was found with marajuana, but just paraphenalia. Not saying he is right, but Jlaw has had many chances to straighten out. Jlaw had last years incident with villipoto (villipoto got off easy), the supercross incident, and finally the red bud incident. Comparing Jlaw to Emig is not exactly the same thing.
Evans
7/25/2008 11:18am
I dont know if he is kicked off of YOT but if he is I hope he comes back on an orange bike and wins the west again, just to shut everybody up. The kid has mad skills on a bike
BobbyM
7/25/2008 11:22am
Evans wrote:
I was watching the Lites from Budds Creek last night and Jeff Emig bashed on Jlaw. I was just wondering if Jeff has smoked so much...
I was watching the Lites from Budds Creek last night and Jeff Emig bashed on Jlaw. I was just wondering if Jeff has smoked so much weed that he forgets about the great lake havasu trip that lost him his Kawaski ride. I think that he would have been a little more understanding, but i guess not. Oh how people in glass houses love to throw rocks.
it wasn't at a race event Einstein. big diff imho
Evans
7/25/2008 11:22am
Fucking up is fucking up, I would rather have a fighter on my team then a doper. But Emig is a bad dude he can definetly haul ass on a bike and win championships. Just thought it wasnt a coool move on emigs part to join the jlaw bashing club
flarider
7/25/2008 11:23am
Jason was released from YOT
Evans
7/25/2008 11:24am
Damn that sucks have you guys seen the front of the 2009 dirtbike brochure i will look for a picture.
BobbyM
7/25/2008 11:24am
Evans wrote:
Fucking up is fucking up, I would rather have a fighter on my team then a doper. But Emig is a bad dude he can definetly...
Fucking up is fucking up, I would rather have a fighter on my team then a doper. But Emig is a bad dude he can definetly haul ass on a bike and win championships. Just thought it wasnt a coool move on emigs part to join the jlaw bashing club
it ain't cool to join the emig hating fan club either...bfd

and i bet emig couldn't give a flying fuck what some wanker thinks from texas.
jtomasik
7/25/2008 11:26am
Evans wrote:
I was watching the Lites from Budds Creek last night and Jeff Emig bashed on Jlaw. I was just wondering if Jeff has smoked so much...
Maybe Fro's simply speaking from experience. After the Havasu incident, he was gone from Kawi, wasn't he?
coolhand
7/25/2008 11:27am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:46pm
coolhand wrote: Ditto..and shows up like an assclown at LL's to cherry pick

mx836 wrote: How is it cherry picking? He has every right to be there.

Quote Last Post Only

Not going to be a very popular statement buy me but,

LL is an Amateur event, as in NOT PROFESSIONAL.

I know Doc D. and others attend..They should be at the

Vet Nats in So Cal…LL was never intended to be for Pros

flarider
7/25/2008 11:30am
Then they need to drop A/Pro Sport

By the rules, he was legal
500guy
7/25/2008 11:40am
flarider wrote:
Jason was released from YOT
You sure about that ? Lots of people don't seem to thing he was let go.
coolhand
7/25/2008 11:41am
By the rules, yes it is Dave...I agree

Same type rules that allow kids with A speed run B for 2 years.

Post a reply to: Jeff Emig forgets

The Latest