Jeff Emig!!!!!

Racer111
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:03pm
Is it me just me, or does he really sound a lot more relaxed announcing? I am loving him more and more each weekend. It seems he is starting to loosen up and add a little more sense of humor to the mix.

I like it. It isn't so dry and "Corporate" like passed MX/SX Champs have been. David Bailey was great, but he was ALL business. It's nice to have someone who is serious, knows what he is talking about, and can add a little humor in as well.

Now all we need is PING as the color commentator!! That would be perfect!
|
jeffro503
7/5/2010 7:41am
I agree Emig has gotten a lot better over the past couple years. But i still really dig DB as an announcer as well. If I had to pick between either one though , I still think i'd pick David. I just think he is the perfect announcer for this sport , and usually says what's on his mind. I think Emig holds back a little and doesn't always say what he wants to say. Both are really good as far as that goes.
MrMJS
7/5/2010 7:55am
I think Emig does a great job
Racer111
7/5/2010 7:57am
jeffro503 wrote:
I agree Emig has gotten a lot better over the past couple years. But i still really dig DB as an announcer as well. If I...
I agree Emig has gotten a lot better over the past couple years. But i still really dig DB as an announcer as well. If I had to pick between either one though , I still think i'd pick David. I just think he is the perfect announcer for this sport , and usually says what's on his mind. I think Emig holds back a little and doesn't always say what he wants to say. Both are really good as far as that goes.
I am just happy we have someone who knows what he is doing. I think he gets better all the time.
jeffro503
7/5/2010 8:03am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2010 8:03am
Those two Canadian dudes were friggin' hilarious ! Had a lot of energy for sure! And honestly I always enjoyed watching the Canadian rounds .....always some good bar bangin' racing going on.

The Shop

7/5/2010 8:26am
I actually cringe when I listened to Emig on the Red Bud broadcast. I even went so far as to just turn the volume down when he was speaking a few times.

Why is Bailey not doing the color commentary for the rest of the nationals?
Is he sick again?

ocscottie
7/5/2010 8:44am
* wrote:
I actually cringe when I listened to Emig on the Red Bud broadcast. I even went so far as to just turn the volume down when...
I actually cringe when I listened to Emig on the Red Bud broadcast. I even went so far as to just turn the volume down when he was speaking a few times.

Is he sick again?

David is not sick, he is a busy dude and actually has some pretty cool things he is working on.
Racer111
7/5/2010 8:46am
* wrote:
I actually cringe when I listened to Emig on the Red Bud broadcast. I even went so far as to just turn the volume down when...

Is he sick again?

I have no earthly idea why you would feel the need to do that. I see nothing irritating about his broadcasting whatsoever.
RMZ819
7/5/2010 8:48am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2010 9:54am
Emig is OK. He is much better than Ping or Cameron S. The problem with Emig is he does not have a moto IQ close to Bailey. Bailey explains whats going on during the race as if he were sitting next to you. Emig on the other hand is a extension of Weege. He just talks about the same shit that Weege does. Emig's out of the box move today was saying I would not want to be a shock tech or a rear shock today. REALLY JEFF??? Also, These teams have amazing chassis setups was a bold statement.

WFO
7/5/2010 9:01am
Agree 100%!
That comment about not wanting to be a rear shock was interesting at best.
Gramatically speaking Bailey is heads and shoulders above Emig as well.
7/5/2010 9:38am
RMZ819 wrote:
Emig is OK. He is much better than Ping or Cameron S. The problem with Emig is he does not have a moto IQ close to...
Emig is OK. He is much better than Ping or Cameron S. The problem with Emig is he does not have a moto IQ close to Bailey. Bailey explains whats going on during the race as if he were sitting next to you. Emig on the other hand is a extension of Weege. He just talks about the same shit that Weege does. Emig's out of the box move today was saying I would not want to be a shock tech or a rear shock today. REALLY JEFF??? Also, These teams have amazing chassis setups was a bold statement.

You're touching on some of the reasons why I don't like Emig as color commentary. He just doesn't engage in much analysis about what's happening. Yelling, stuttering, and screaming and getting hyped up about what's going on on the track is Weege's job. In sum, Emig, surprisingly, is not really that technical or insightful considering his background. That, and there are a few "Emig-isms" that I just don't like - i.e., "Okay?"
nytsmaC
7/5/2010 9:52am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2010 9:53am
jeffro503 wrote:
Those two Canadian dudes were friggin' hilarious ! Had a lot of energy for sure! And honestly I always enjoyed watching the Canadian rounds .....always some...
Those two Canadian dudes were friggin' hilarious ! Had a lot of energy for sure! And honestly I always enjoyed watching the Canadian rounds .....always some good bar bangin' racing going on.
Here's a great clip of the Canadian guys flippin their wigs, it's hilarious! Giggling, stammering, talking over each other, it's too funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Dv9PHLzRY
karnivool
7/5/2010 11:01am
He mentioned in the lites class with 8:47 left in the moto that this is the 'kids class'....

now I wonder what all the Euros who claim they are dominating america think about that?
Chris_ONeal
7/5/2010 11:14am
Emig does a great job! It's not as easy as people think. I've covered a couple races on BCSN in Ohio on TV and it's nerve racking at first but once you get comfortable its much easier.

He brings an inside knowledge of what it is like to be at the top of the sport which not many people can do. Only thing I noticed is he says "Okay" a lot but he is still great at it.
ocscottie
7/5/2010 11:41am
bobby397 wrote:
you guys are bi-polar
Classic response, and pretty much spot on. Cool
bobby397
7/5/2010 11:47am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2010 11:47am
bobby397 wrote:
you guys are bi-polar
ocscottie wrote:
Classic response, and pretty much spot on. Cool
one week they hate him, the next he is god! i think he does well.....atleast ralph isnt doing it
BAD10
7/5/2010 1:43pm
Emig does a great job. Dont understand why people feel the need to bitch about him. I would much rather listen to him than some clown with no true moto experience. Emig has racing cred, and I enjoy his input.
slowvet
7/5/2010 2:10pm
BAD10 wrote:
Emig does a great job. Dont understand why people feel the need to bitch about him. I would much rather listen to him than some clown...
Emig does a great job. Dont understand why people feel the need to bitch about him. I would much rather listen to him than some clown with no true moto experience. Emig has racing cred, and I enjoy his input.
Couldn't agree more, he's come a long way and deserves the props.
burnside
7/5/2010 2:40pm
I think Weege + Bailey was an awesome combo, Emig is still great though.

I think you just need to watch the GP coverage to see how good you guys have it! I'm a 'Euro' and have far more interest in the Nationals, I watch them religiously and geek out on the results + bench racing. I couldn't list half the riders in the top 10 in the GPs!

rocrac
7/5/2010 3:11pm
I'm happy he remembered what Larocco's leap is this year.
Racer111
7/5/2010 3:19pm
BAD10 wrote:
Emig does a great job. Dont understand why people feel the need to bitch about him. I would much rather listen to him than some clown...
slowvet wrote:
Couldn't agree more, he's come a long way and deserves the props.
That's what I thought!!
JB 19
7/5/2010 3:44pm
I think Weedge is a good combo with Emig. His personality seems to loosen Emig up.

The comment about Emig saying he liked winning because he got big bonuses was funny.

How cool would it be if Barcia won a race and Erin was like, hows it feel to get the win today? ....and Justin is like, " I don't know, but when the 50g's arrive in the mail its gonna be sweet."
cloverdale
7/5/2010 4:17pm
I am cool with both Emig and Bailey. If people only knew just how far Emig has progressed in life...I mean the guy could barely talk in front of a mike when he started as a pro! I am impressed.
That said...I hope Grant Langston gets more air time..he is a natural. Also, very funny in the Racer X post show adverstisement. Besides...I really do not want to see Grant get hurt. All the pros crash...but Grant seems to do it in a very big way (and the law of averages is not on his side)....
Trent179
7/5/2010 6:29pm
Jeff Emig Rocks! I agree with adding Pingree, that would be very entertaining! I don't really consider Bailey to be ahead of Emig in any way! They both rocked in their day, and Emig had MC to deal with his whole career. And don't forget he is the only rider to take a sx championship from him. Well RC did too, but he is the GOAT!!!! haha
7/5/2010 8:35pm
Trent179 wrote:
Jeff Emig Rocks! I agree with adding Pingree, that would be very entertaining! I don't really consider Bailey to be ahead of Emig in any way...
Jeff Emig Rocks! I agree with adding Pingree, that would be very entertaining! I don't really consider Bailey to be ahead of Emig in any way! They both rocked in their day, and Emig had MC to deal with his whole career. And don't forget he is the only rider to take a sx championship from him. Well RC did too, but he is the GOAT!!!! haha
"I don't really consider Bailey to be ahead of Emig in any way!"

Ha! Friend, you're not even on topic. The thread is about his color commentary and the level of analysis he provides.
oldAFI
7/5/2010 8:45pm
Emig needs to stop saying "OK". He sounds like a pretentious douche. He should do like Joe Rogan and smoke one down and just let the intensity fly. I bet that's what those Canadian bros do!!
wet paint
7/5/2010 9:19pm
I think Weege is the best thing to come along since Art. I like Emig and he and Weege are a good combo,and it would be nice to be able to throw another one in with them like Bailey.
I would like to see a cut away bike or stripped down one so when they are talking about riding on the balls of your feet or rear shock adj. they could show people watching who are not familiar with the sport what they are talking about.
Nascar did it so the people watching could understand what is going on and gain fans. Whe all know what he is talking about but the other people don`t have a clue.I just think it would help the sport for the people watching who are new.

Post a reply to: Jeff Emig!!!!!

The Latest