Jeff Alessi?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2017 3:14 PM

What ever happened with Jeff Alessi and his injury that required a GoFundMe.com page?

|

9/15/2017 3:28 PM

I'm not sure. He will probably pop in and let us know though. Hopefully he healed up quick

|

9/15/2017 3:32 PM

It cost way more money than anybody who isn't rich could hope to pay. Need a few stitches and an overnight in the er? Better have 60000 laying around. Too bad you aren't poor, a non citizen, or rich Jeff otherwise u would've been covered.

|

when in doubt, pin it out

9/15/2017 4:09 PM

He asked for help. What's wrong with that? Some people get overwhelmed with bills from time to time.

As far as that goes , I hope he healed up good.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/15/2017 4:16 PM

I didn't mean to give him a hard time for asking for help, but just wanted to know if he healed up or not? Figured it must have been a serious injury if he was faced with some unexpected medical bills, but couldn't recall what happened to him or how he is now.

|

9/15/2017 4:16 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

He asked for help. What's wrong with that? Some people get overwhelmed with bills from time to time.

As far as that goes , I hope he healed up good.

Generally GoFundMe threads are frowned upon here unless it's really serious like the one posted earlier today about the 16 year old kid.

You've been here long enough to know that.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/15/2017 5:05 PM

If he would ride a two-stroke he'd get money for nuthin and chicks for free.

|

9/15/2017 5:47 PM

Time to get a job and some insurance

|

Washed up mid pack B rider

9/15/2017 6:00 PM

gsxr6 wrote:

It cost way more money than anybody who isn't rich could hope to pay. Need a few stitches and an overnight in the er? Better have 60000 laying around. Too bad you aren't poor, a non citizen, or rich Jeff otherwise u would've been covered.

I literally did this about a month ago and it cost me $100

And when I broke my femur, it also only cost me $100 and I got 60% of my pay in short term disability

And SHOCKER!!! I live in the UNITED STATESSSSS!!!!

|

9/15/2017 6:02 PM

gsxr6 wrote:

rmoto003 wrote:

I literally did this about a month ago and it cost me $100

And when I broke my femur, it also only cost me $100 and I got 60% of my pay in short term disability

And SHOCKER!!! I live in the UNITED STATESSSSS!!!!

How? My shoulder cost thousands after insurance

|

9/15/2017 6:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 6:08 PM

^^ I had to pay 1400 for knee surgery. And I had the blue shield gold plan lol. I think I got scammed.. when I was in pre op, some lady came up and said I'd have to pay 1400, she swiped my card right then and there. Never saw her or heard about her again

|

9/15/2017 6:10 PM

Not sure my wrist will ever heal right but all my injuries have healed, I had 2 seperated shoulders and a badly broken wrist. At the time I had no health insurance and just had a random crash that was bad. I wasn't out on a supercross track or riding motos, I was just at a friend's birthday party n they asked me if I wanted to ride so I got geared up for a couple laps, unfortunately the bike got me hurt in less then 2 corners. Big eye opener, as a proffessional you should know riding someone's bike can get uou hurt and that's exactly what happened. It also left me 10 grand in debt. At the time I didn't know how I was going to even get around, pay bills... Really bad time if my life and I sincerely thank anyone who helped me. I for one know how it goes when you ask for money online and it wasn't easy, fortunately there are good people and it paid for me to heal up n get back east and do some really positive classes and get myself back up, this also gave me the chance to keep my bike and race in 2018. So it did work out. Unfortunately my wrist seems to be the only thing I'm worried about, probably going to need a good wrist brace when I get back to racing.

|

9/15/2017 6:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 6:14 PM

Anytime I even appeared at an er and it was five grand. My silver insurance was 750 a month and between a surgery, 3 er visits associated to it( wife) and got an MRI on my bad knee after spraining it, that was over 1000 copay, each visit to the er she had was over 5000 copay afterwards, and all they did was shoot her with Dilaudid and throw her in a room for the weekend. The simple surgery she had took two hours, insurance paid 22000, and we owed 8 afterwards. I could go on and on how it was a burn, after insurance it seemed like they're only interest was to admit her to a room and stall for 3 days. The insurance payed over ten grand each time. No answers, no diagnosis, symptoms still present to this day. No wonder they wouldn't solve the problem, pays much better for it to not be figured out.

|

when in doubt, pin it out

9/15/2017 6:14 PM

Jeff alessi wrote:

Not sure my wrist will ever heal right but all my injuries have healed, I had 2 seperated shoulders and a badly broken wrist. At the time I had no health insurance and just had a random crash that was bad. I wasn't out on a supercross track or riding motos, I was just at a friend's birthday party n they asked me if I wanted to ride so I got geared up for a couple laps, unfortunately the bike got me hurt in less then 2 corners. Big eye opener, as a proffessional you should know riding someone's bike can get uou hurt and that's exactly what happened. It also left me 10 grand in debt. At the time I didn't know how I was going to even get around, pay bills... Really bad time if my life and I sincerely thank anyone who helped me. I for one know how it goes when you ask for money online and it wasn't easy, fortunately there are good people and it paid for me to heal up n get back east and do some really positive classes and get myself back up, this also gave me the chance to keep my bike and race in 2018. So it did work out. Unfortunately my wrist seems to be the only thing I'm worried about, probably going to need a good wrist brace when I get back to racing.

You probably already know, but wrists never seem to heal right. I'm glad you're mostly good though.

|

9/15/2017 6:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 6:29 PM

What I learned from my experience after having a femur surgery is that all the prices for hospital costs are completely made up

The first bill I got was when the hospital processed it as if I didnt have insurance, so they sent me the bill directly. Around $3500

Then after I called the hospital and gave them my insurance info, they said ok thanks, tear up that bill and we will send you a new one.

New bill comes in, now for ~ $35,000, but I only had to pay $100.

How does this ~10x difference exist? The bill had some rediculous charges on it- $7000 for 12 hours worth of "observation".

To me that says the procedure only "actually" cost the hospital $3500, but they bill the insurance company $35,000 for the procedure, then the insurance company negotiates and settles on an amount closer to the $3500

Its a weird system, a bunch of smoke and mirrors

|

9/15/2017 6:35 PM

Jeff alessi wrote:

colintrax wrote:

You probably already know, but wrists never seem to heal right. I'm glad you're mostly good though.

I wonder how true this really is. Of all my injuries, the one that still causes the most trouble is a wrist dislocation. I'm just praying it never gets to the fusion stage.

|

9/15/2017 6:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 6:42 PM

Try going for a motorcycle ride, stopping to help a fellow rider that waved me down, getting run over by a state park ranger, having the cops falsify a police report, getting stuck with a $45,000 surgery bill after having surgery on both legs at the same time and being stuck in a wheel chair for 3-4 weeks. Then crutches.

That will piss you off about the "system".

|

9/15/2017 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 6:44 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

What I learned from my experience after having a femur surgery is that all the prices for hospital costs are completely made up

The first bill I got was when the hospital processed it as if I didnt have insurance, so they sent me the bill directly. Around $3500

Then after I called the hospital and gave them my insurance info, they said ok thanks, tear up that bill and we will send you a new one.

New bill comes in, now for ~ $35,000, but I only had to pay $100.

How does this ~10x difference exist? The bill had some rediculous charges on it- $7000 for 12 hours worth of "observation".

To me that says the procedure only "actually" cost the hospital $3500, but they bill the insurance company $35,000 for the procedure, then the insurance company negotiates and settles on an amount closer to the $3500

Its a weird system, a bunch of smoke and mirrors

....and the hospital takes a "write off" on the "discharged balance". Everybody wins except those paying premiums....

|

9/15/2017 7:03 PM

I just can't believe some people pay this much for insurance. I just don't get it. I pay $36 per pay check, so $72 per month for my family plan. My plan is $3,000 high deductible. My employer gives me a $3,000 health savings account visa card to use toward that deductible. Once the deductible is met essentially everything in network is $0.

I have yet to pay a penny for anything medical related. That includes my wife's child birth, her tonsilectamy, ear surgery etc. I guess I don't realize how good I have it. I just assumed everyone who had a full time job was provided with decent insurance. I'm fully aware that most isn't as good as mine, but I thought for the most part everyone (with a job) had it pretty decent.

|

9/15/2017 7:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 7:14 PM

agn5009 wrote:

I just can't believe some people pay this much for insurance. I just don't get it. I pay $36 per pay check, so $72 per month for my family plan. My plan is $3,000 high deductible. My employer gives me a $3,000 health savings account visa card to use toward that deductible. Once the deductible is met essentially everything in network is $0.

I have yet to pay a penny for anything medical related. That includes my wife's child birth, her tonsilectamy, ear surgery etc. I guess I don't realize how good I have it. I just assumed everyone who had a full time job was provided with decent insurance. I'm fully aware that most isn't as good as mine, but I thought for the most part everyone (with a job) had it pretty decent.

If you own your own business and make any money you take it in the ass in the USA. No lube is provided. I paid $168 per month with a $1200 deductible before obama care. After OBC it shot up to $550 per month and a $5000 out of pocket deductible. Now the deductible is $6500 out of pocket. $642 per month. For just me... no kids, wife or dog. Thinking about getting a dog through.

Further the good surgeon's are most often out of network at their preferred surgery center (which they own part of). So bend over baby and act like it's pleasurable.

|

9/15/2017 7:30 PM

agn5009 wrote:

PTshox wrote:

If you own your own business and make any money you take it in the ass in the USA. No lube is provided. I paid $168 per month with a $1200 deductible before obama care. After OBC it shot up to $550 per month and a $5000 out of pocket deductible. Now the deductible is $6500 out of pocket. $642 per month. For just me... no kids, wife or dog. Thinking about getting a dog through.

Further the good surgeon's are most often out of network at their preferred surgery center (which they own part of). So bend over baby and act like it's pleasurable.

Jeez. For once I'm glad I don't work for myself.

|

9/15/2017 7:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 7:37 PM

HSA bros...... my "premium" goes to my account, and once I spend 6k in a year it takes over 100%. So $500 a month into the account, and my wife and I are covered. Best case scenario I roll 4-5k over into next year after our few Dr. visit and prescriptions.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

9/15/2017 7:39 PM

PTshox wrote:

Yep I pay $2300 a quarter and have to pay the first $7500 out of pocket.

So if I need medical it cost me $16,700 a year.

|

9/15/2017 7:46 PM

agn5009 wrote:

PTshox wrote:

Yep! And that is why Obamacare is a failure. It's good for those who are being subsidized, but an incredibly stupid BAD value to those who aren't.

|

9/15/2017 8:27 PM

agn5009 wrote:

That's what I had up until about 5 years ago. I even worked in healthcare industry but it became ridiculously high.

|

9/16/2017 12:05 AM

Jeff alessi wrote:

Thank you for the report. I am glad you are healing well. Good luck on your continuing recovery.

|

9/16/2017 12:06 AM

Radical wrote:

Yep! And that is why Obamacare is a failure. It's good for those who are being subsidized, but an incredibly stupid BAD value to those who aren't.

I got a raise halfway through the year after being on Obamacare for 6 months and I had to pay all my subsidies back because I made too much at the end of the year. Even though at the time of my Obamacare enrollment I needed it because I made $10 an hour.

It just seems like another way to keep people down

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

9/16/2017 12:08 AM

PTshox wrote:

Try going for a motorcycle ride, stopping to help a fellow rider that waved me down, getting run over by a state park ranger, having the cops falsify a police report, getting stuck with a $45,000 surgery bill after having surgery on both legs at the same time and being stuck in a wheel chair for 3-4 weeks. Then crutches.

Geez, have you talked to a lawyer?

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

9/16/2017 1:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2017 10:03 AM

PTshox wrote:

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

Geez, have you talked to a lawyer?

Yea.... If I can talk about EXACTLY what happened I will when it is all said and done. And it's an amazing story.

I would have never believed it could happen as a story... till it happened to me.

Give me a year. And I will insist that there is no "gag" order on me in any potential settlement. I want everyone to know what can happen.

|

9/16/2017 1:16 AM

I just had surgery two days ago. They fixed my shoulder and it was a pretty complicated surgery.

It cost med 30usd including meds and rehab afterwards. We pay alot of fucking tax here but this is one of those times im thankfull.

|