Jeannie Carmichael

BB67
5/12/2017 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2017 7:06pm
Back when RC was on 60s I would see him and his mom at state run forest near me. It was all sand except one small area that was red clay, he would be pound laps and she was standing on a mound holding a stick as he rode by. Prolly just showing him the "good" line.
olds cool
5/12/2017 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2017 7:16pm
I would have loved to have heard Joey's explanation to her on how things "went down" Wink in Vegas. Silly

Yes Harry, this one probably will have a short shelf life...
cali11
5/12/2017 7:20pm
Guess she was not very mean, dude had plenty of chances to win that title! Maybe she better start hitting him with that stick!

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
5/14/2017 4:38am
I'm guessing you are just asking what credibility she has as a trainer other than being a mean moto mom?

She trained RC and he turned out pretty good.
davistld01
5/14/2017 5:59am
I don't think Jeannie was "mean", but she would not let Ricky halfass or ride at less than the potential she knew he had. I'm quite sure RC's intense desire & determination to win came from good genes...and his Mom's equal desire & determination to build a champion.
dirtnapper
5/14/2017 8:44am
If this thread disappears, along with the RC one from last week, then something is up for sure.....
Dry
5/14/2017 9:06am
dirtnapper wrote:
If this thread disappears, along with the RC one from last week, then something is up for sure.....
Dry
I don't think so, Bronapper. If it disappears it will be because it degenerates into something worse than it already is - which essentially - is gossip. I chimed in above right away because I figured the mods were not going to let a thread about a mother stay for long - especially around Mother's Day.

Guess I was wrong.
slipdog
5/14/2017 9:20am
Everyone always thinks the boss is mean. Keeping the monkeys from slinging poo isn't mean, it's being a strong leader.

P.S. GuyB is a meanie!
Lastander
5/14/2017 9:37am
slipdog wrote:
Everyone always thinks the boss is mean. Keeping the monkeys from slinging poo isn't mean, it's being a strong leader.

P.S. GuyB is a meanie!
GuyB is mean? Picture ML when he is coming down from one of his drug binges, i even heard monster was looking to hire him to help get rid of the mounds of heroin....
Cygnus
Il chance to say RC spends the day with her and got her something real nice today.
Cygnus
slipdog wrote:

P.S. GuyB is a meanie!
Lastander wrote:
GuyB is mean? Picture ML when he is coming down from one of his drug binges, i even heard monster was looking to hire him to...
GuyB is mean? Picture ML when he is coming down from one of his drug binges, i even heard monster was looking to hire him to help get rid of the mounds of heroin....
Gotta come down from the coke somehow.
5/14/2017 11:52am
I've always wondered whether RC's mom was actually his "riding coach" when he was young, or if she just kept him disciplined and focused. Women/moms who operate in this capacity fascinate me, since it goes against the norm.
MXMattii
5/14/2017 12:59pm
SAM642 wrote:
I hear her name come up quite a bit, especailly about how mean she can be and how intense she is. im just curious what the...
I hear her name come up quite a bit, especailly about how mean she can be and how intense she is.

im just curious what the stories are, what she did before she went full moto mum and if she ever rode or anything
The question "did she ever rode or anything" is so stupid. Did Colleen Millsaps ever rode? Did Aldon ever rode? Nope both are just good in analyzing how the best are doing it and tell people how they need to replicate that. Idem with Jeannie Carmichael who's probably more coach then Ricky. I guess a lot of race mums could be great trainers, also the same way that cyclists or swimmers could be great coaches for motocross riders. The same way that motocross riders could be idiotic bad coaches for motocross riders.

I know bye the way for a fact that Harry Everts once coached Yanina Wickmayer (Belgian Tennisplayer). Just to say, if you know your stuff, you can help people. If you are a ass clown you better stay away.
Mini Elsinore
5/14/2017 1:09pm
I've always wondered whether RC's mom was actually his "riding coach" when he was young, or if she just kept him disciplined and focused. Women/moms who...
I've always wondered whether RC's mom was actually his "riding coach" when he was young, or if she just kept him disciplined and focused. Women/moms who operate in this capacity fascinate me, since it goes against the norm.
Not in CA-----bitches run the whole game. HuhWink
Samuel
5/14/2017 1:44pm
SAM642 wrote:
I hear her name come up quite a bit, especailly about how mean she can be and how intense she is. im just curious what the...
I hear her name come up quite a bit, especailly about how mean she can be and how intense she is.

im just curious what the stories are, what she did before she went full moto mum and if she ever rode or anything
MXMattii wrote:
The question "did she ever rode or anything" is so stupid. Did Colleen Millsaps ever rode? Did Aldon ever rode? Nope both are just good in...
The question "did she ever rode or anything" is so stupid. Did Colleen Millsaps ever rode? Did Aldon ever rode? Nope both are just good in analyzing how the best are doing it and tell people how they need to replicate that. Idem with Jeannie Carmichael who's probably more coach then Ricky. I guess a lot of race mums could be great trainers, also the same way that cyclists or swimmers could be great coaches for motocross riders. The same way that motocross riders could be idiotic bad coaches for motocross riders.

I know bye the way for a fact that Harry Everts once coached Yanina Wickmayer (Belgian Tennisplayer). Just to say, if you know your stuff, you can help people. If you are a ass clown you better stay away.
Take a deep breath, everything will be okay.
ge217
5/14/2017 3:01pm
MXMattii wrote:
The question "did she ever rode or anything" is so stupid. Did Colleen Millsaps ever rode? Did Aldon ever rode? Nope both are just good in...

You're actually wrong. Colleen did race. If you knew your stuff like you think you do, you would know this.
I want to stay she stopped racing about 1995.
MXMattii
5/14/2017 3:23pm
ge217 wrote:
You're actually wrong. Colleen did race. If you knew your stuff like you think you do, you would know this. I want to stay she stopped...
You're actually wrong. Colleen did race. If you knew your stuff like you think you do, you would know this.
I just wanted to state that being a former rider doesn't make you automatically a great trainer. Just like being Kurt Coubains daughter doesn't makes you automatically a great musician or being a former police men makes you automatically makes you a great bodyguard.

That one of the three examples I gave is false doesn't mean much in this case. Because you can replace that name with Yves Demeulemeester or Paul Van Den Bosch (Belgian coaches)
JustMX
5/14/2017 4:09pm
I wo4ked events down in Florida when Ricky was on 65 and 85 machines.

I would go and ride at Croom when I could, most often on saturdays. Rc would be out there riding the whole time. The only time he stopped is when he ran out of gas. I don't mean he went to the truck and fueled up. I mean you would see Jeannie with a gas can looking for him.

I wish there was some way to accurately document how much is training and how much is genetics. The boy was just born with something. Some people seem destined.

I think one important thing she did was keep him grounded. I know he got in trouble one time for showboatiing at the finish.

What is really odd about the genetic equation is that is hard to imagine a more laid back individual than ricky's dad.
MX_Andrew83
5/14/2017 6:14pm
I heard one time at the dinner table he refused to eat his broccoli and she made him sit in the same spot for hours until it was all gone.
brewrabb
5/14/2017 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2017 6:33pm
Some say Mrs Carmichael owns at least 1 set of brass knuckles! Oh, almost forgot. Happy mothers day Mrs Carmichael.
F.B
5/14/2017 6:43pm
RC's mom doesn't worry about high gas prices. Her vehicles run on fear.
SEE ARE125
5/14/2017 7:22pm
F.B wrote:
RC's mom doesn't worry about high gas prices. Her vehicles run on fear.
I heard she got bit by a rattlesnake, and after 5 days of excruciating pain, the snake finally died.
JW381
5/14/2017 9:42pm
ge217 wrote:
You're actually wrong. Colleen did race. If you knew your stuff like you think you do, you would know this. I want to stay she stopped...
MXMattii wrote:
I just wanted to state that being a former rider doesn't make you automatically a great trainer. Just like being Kurt Coubains daughter doesn't makes you...
I just wanted to state that being a former rider doesn't make you automatically a great trainer. Just like being Kurt Coubains daughter doesn't makes you automatically a great musician or being a former police men makes you automatically makes you a great bodyguard.

That one of the three examples I gave is false doesn't mean much in this case. Because you can replace that name with Yves Demeulemeester or Paul Van Den Bosch (Belgian coaches)
You don't think much when you post, do you? Just kinda blackout and let your fingers do the walkin?
SAM642
5/15/2017 2:33am
SAM642 wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

I see being a total bellend is in your genetics buddy nice one.

it was a simple question. i wasnt saying she had to of ever been on an MX bike to understand it, i was just asking what made her want to push her son into moto, maybe she used to ride, maybe her mum or dad used to ride. im sure she didnt just wake up one day and go "i bet id be really fucking good at telling my son how to race MX"

also i was wondering what you have to do to gain the nickname 'meanie jeannie' i dont think she got it by bringing all of the boys warm apple pie
IWreckALot
5/15/2017 6:00am
ge217 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
I just wanted to state that being a former rider doesn't make you automatically a great trainer. Just like being Kurt Coubains daughter doesn't makes you...

JW381 wrote:
You don't think much when you post, do you? Just kinda blackout and let your fingers do the walkin?
He's missing a log of perspective here. . . If she's training Joey Savatgy, I'd say she's doing pretty good. There are certain elements between Joey's ears that Colleen can't control.
doghouse
5/15/2017 6:20am
JW381 wrote:
I lol'd.
kkawboy14
5/15/2017 6:59am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2017 7:11am
RCs mom didn't push or be mean to RC. That kid and James loved riding, what she did is create the opportunity for him to ride as much as he wanted. She and his dad would take him to ride all the time.

He got his skilz from Randy Yoho, Kenny Yoho, Vince Devine, Kenny Keylon, Ezra Lusk, Tim Ferry and other Pros.

It was all the little tiny things that those Pros told him and showed him and then he went out and just plowed lap after lap, turn after turn, jump after jump!

After he went Pro, Mitch Payton took over where his mom left off, creating an opportunity for RC to ride lap after lap as much as he wanted.

Jeanne is now creating an opportunity for other Pros to pound out laps, they either want it or they don't!

I'm all Kawasaki but Savatgy seemed burnt out at the end, and Osborne seemed fresh!

Post a reply to: Jeannie Carmichael

The Latest