Jbone shoulda hired Deano.

BS12
4/8/2019 5:33pm
I've stamped Deano to JGR 2020 multiple times (based on theory, not intel), however in recent weeks Deano has been the top performing Husky rider (though Osborne is definitely coming up to speed). Obviously he has been all year with both team mates out, but even with Osborne coming around, Deano has also improved.

Will Husky perhaps want to keep him on? 3 rider team or...?
Brent
4/8/2019 5:47pm
Hill seems like a good kid, Ive spoken with him a couple times and he has always seemed to have his head on straight.

BUT I get the feeling that his heart isn't in racing to win anything?

Why is it that some of the guys with the most natural talent are some of the most inconsistent (Lechien JLaw Stroupe Izzy Justin/Josh Hill and I'm missing a few more)?

If any of those guys just focused and put their head down and won just a couple championships they would never have to work another job again, I just don't get it...
TeamGreen
4/8/2019 5:48pm
BS12 wrote:
I've stamped Deano to JGR 2020 multiple times (based on theory, not intel), however in recent weeks Deano has been the top performing Husky rider (though...
I've stamped Deano to JGR 2020 multiple times (based on theory, not intel), however in recent weeks Deano has been the top performing Husky rider (though Osborne is definitely coming up to speed). Obviously he has been all year with both team mates out, but even with Osborne coming around, Deano has also improved.

3 Riders Outdoors this year!
4/8/2019 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2019 6:57pm
kpiper wrote:
I am not a fan of JHill at all but he has talent and this is his first full year in the 450's. Many great riders...
I am not a fan of JHill at all but he has talent and this is his first full year in the 450's. Many great riders struggled in their first year on the 450 (RV2).

I don't know if he is in shape but he talks about training hard? Chad said the guy is almost two seconds a lap faster than him on the practice track. He does not have the killer mindset though. At least not yet.

Again, not saying I would sign the guy if I were in charge but it is his first full season. Around 10th is what I would have expected.
Around 10th would be a big improvement. He is averaging 13th finish position in a depleted field, and is 14th in the points. He has finished 10th (or better) once.

The Shop

kpiper
4/8/2019 7:27pm
kpiper wrote:
I am not a fan of JHill at all but he has talent and this is his first full year in the 450's. Many great riders...
I am not a fan of JHill at all but he has talent and this is his first full year in the 450's. Many great riders struggled in their first year on the 450 (RV2).

I don't know if he is in shape but he talks about training hard? Chad said the guy is almost two seconds a lap faster than him on the practice track. He does not have the killer mindset though. At least not yet.

Again, not saying I would sign the guy if I were in charge but it is his first full season. Around 10th is what I would have expected.
Around 10th would be a big improvement. He is averaging 13th finish position in a depleted field, and is 14th in the points. He has finished...
Around 10th would be a big improvement. He is averaging 13th finish position in a depleted field, and is 14th in the points. He has finished 10th (or better) once.
Not saying I would but I bet JGR brings Hill back in 2020.
mx216
4/10/2019 9:41pm
kpiper wrote:

Just look at dang ole Cooper Webbs first couple seasons on the big bike too! I know Justin talked some game, but last year was definitely a no pressure situation. This year, its a "must" situation.
Cortami79
4/11/2019 3:36am
BS12 wrote:
I've stamped Deano to JGR 2020 multiple times (based on theory, not intel), however in recent weeks Deano has been the top performing Husky rider (though...

TeamGreen wrote:
3 Riders Outdoors this year!
If Deano get's no contract for 2020 I would be mad as hell lol. He saved Husky big time in SX this year. No offense to Osborne and Anderson ofcourse, they had their injuries
USA
Fantasy
428th
4/11/2019 6:14am
I don’t think Hill will pass Savatgy in the standings with the remaining rounds. I also think Osborne will make up the 24 points he is down on Hill.

That would put Hill finishing 3rd out of the rookies, when he completed by far the most races. Hell, he’s still not in front of Plessinger who has been out over a month.

I wish he’d get a holeshot in a main and give everyone fits. I wonder if he could get anyone off their game mentally (for one race or a few laps) if all of a sudden the 14th place guy was pulling away.
BAMX
4/11/2019 6:48am
Brent wrote:
Hill seems like a good kid, Ive spoken with him a couple times and he has always seemed to have his head on straight. BUT I...
Hill seems like a good kid, Ive spoken with him a couple times and he has always seemed to have his head on straight.

BUT I get the feeling that his heart isn't in racing to win anything?

Why is it that some of the guys with the most natural talent are some of the most inconsistent (Lechien JLaw Stroupe Izzy Justin/Josh Hill and I'm missing a few more)?

If any of those guys just focused and put their head down and won just a couple championships they would never have to work another job again, I just don't get it...
It is just a guess but, I think that often the natural talent comes into play in a negative way. If you don't have to work as hard to reach a goal, you aren't as focused on being successful when you get it.
Ray_MXS
4/11/2019 7:00am
I see nothing wrong. They are (as far as I understand) the by far least funded factory team. That compared with no title sponsor, I don't understand what you guys expected. They don't have the cash to hire a title contender, not even close. They are however providing good bikes and a paycheck for many riders that need it. They took a shot with Hill to get a podium threat for cheap that unfortunately didn't work out. There's nothing wrong with the bike, or I'm sure we'd heard a million hints about that from our old friend Reedy by now Laughing
mikec265
4/11/2019 7:41am
Once Dean is on a Suzuki there will be a video called "Finding Tyler" where Dean gives the kid an RM100.
kpiper
4/11/2019 8:01am
Hill deserves some criticism but I think everyone is being too hard on him in his first full year.

JGR probably brings him back. As the post above said, look at the CW. His results were not great. Even RV2 had trouble his first year on the 450.
4/11/2019 8:20am
kpiper wrote:
Hill deserves some criticism but I think everyone is being too hard on him in his first full year. JGR probably brings him back. As the...
Hill deserves some criticism but I think everyone is being too hard on him in his first full year.

JGR probably brings him back. As the post above said, look at the CW. His results were not great. Even RV2 had trouble his first year on the 450.
I think you are really overselling those guys "struggles"

RV had 5 podiums and 2 wins. Hill is rolling around with the privateers.
motomoto652
4/11/2019 8:50am
Do you think they keep him for outdoors or maybe move up Amart? Reedy already said he wants to race select rounds.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
4/11/2019 9:14am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2019 9:20am
Do you think they keep him for outdoors or maybe move up Amart? Reedy already said he wants to race select rounds.
It's possible, but I don't see them bumping Amart up. He is the best shot that they have on a 250 for podiums, maybe an overall or two. If it were me, I'd grab the best you can find currently on a SX only gig, have Reed do a few rounds, and hope for the best. Hill isn't going to make it 30X2 all summer.....just not happening. If JGR brings him back next year, it should be with a radical pay cut......

Post a reply to: Jbone shoulda hired Deano.

The Latest