Jason to Europe

Team Euro
5/26/2010 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 4:52pm
Not a fact only a statement..

He needs to get away from all the hoopla and commercialization and just become a rider again, He`s got talent and he would benefit from the attitude adjustment and camaraderie associated with the circus on it`s travels around the world. I could really see him becoming a World Champion contender after a few years
|
BobbyM
5/26/2010 2:34pm
doubt if he can cross the border
pie8man
5/26/2010 2:36pm
Fake passport and a one way ticket baby.
There is always Mexico... Think of how easy it will be for him to get back.
Fat Fingers
5/26/2010 2:53pm
BobbyM wrote:
I agree. He would have trouble getting visa's.
DanDunes818
5/26/2010 2:55pm
Team Euro wrote:
Not a fact only a statement.. He needs to get away from all the hoopla and commercialization and just become a rider again, He`s got talent...
Not a fact only a statement..

He needs to get away from all the hoopla and commercialization and just become a rider again, He`s got talent and he would benefit from the attitude adjustment and camaraderie associated with the circus on it`s travels around the world. I could really see him becoming a World Champion contender after a few years
I totally agree with that and posted that opinion a few weeks ago. That would be by far the best case scenario for JLaw and I think it would serve him so well. Unfortunately with his troubles with the law I think he wouldn't be able to go out of the country for a few years. I'm pretty sure he was sentenced to 3 years felony formal probation which requires monthly if not weekly check ins with his probation officer.

The Shop

500guy
5/26/2010 3:26pm
Yes

they hardly drink in Europe
jasonv43
5/26/2010 4:00pm
2011 Amsterdam SX Champ!!!
burnside
5/26/2010 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2010 4:44pm
I finally lost hope with this guy, I was hanging on by a thread waiting for 2010 SX.. If a stint in jail didn't give him a new appreciation for his fucking awesome well paid day job - what would?
Gardner37
5/26/2010 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:08pm
Sorry, He's not the Euro type.

Shitty weather, shitty food, small semi's, no money, french people and green netting to keep you on the track will all conspire to keep JLaw and his ankle bracelet on US shores for the near future.

Hello Military!
englishman
5/26/2010 5:26pm
He wouldn't get a visa .

Nobody in Europe would put up with his bullshit.
line-up
5/26/2010 5:34pm
BobbyM wrote:
doubt if he can cross county line
CeeTee
5/26/2010 6:10pm
No way the European union would grant him entry. He is a convicted felon now!
5/26/2010 6:55pm
burnside wrote:
I finally lost hope with this guy, I was hanging on by a thread waiting for 2010 SX.. If a stint in jail didn't give him...
I finally lost hope with this guy, I was hanging on by a thread waiting for 2010 SX.. If a stint in jail didn't give him a new appreciation for his fucking awesome well paid day job - what would?
Me too I now could care less about this dude, and I used to be a fan. I now just feel bad for GL.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
5/26/2010 6:59pm
One huge issue is that he's got to want to do it.

He fired Randy Lawrence, and I was told it really bugs him that he can't do whatever he wants.

No Fear clipped him not long ago.

There was huge hope among his management when he was exiting jail about a big turnaround, and that everyone loves a comeback story. Here's hoping that he can make one happen, and if not, that he can find something non-destructive to do with his life that makes him happy.
Rooster
5/26/2010 7:53pm
What makes anybody think the euros want an unmotivated, ex-con, primma donna to ride for their teams?
aminkman
5/26/2010 8:06pm
GuyB wrote:
One huge issue is that he's got to want to do it. He fired Randy Lawrence, and I was told it really bugs him that he...
One huge issue is that he's got to want to do it.

He fired Randy Lawrence, and I was told it really bugs him that he can't do whatever he wants.

No Fear clipped him not long ago.

There was huge hope among his management when he was exiting jail about a big turnaround, and that everyone loves a comeback story. Here's hoping that he can make one happen, and if not, that he can find something non-destructive to do with his life that makes him happy.
Boy, way to inject some positive thought. You messed up a perfectly good negative thread.
OSJ
5/26/2010 8:09pm
Gardner37 wrote:
Sorry, He's not the Euro type. Shitty weather, shitty food, small semi's, no money, french people and green netting to keep you on the track will...

Shitty weather, shitty food, small semi's, no money, french people and green netting to keep you on the track will all conspire to keep JLaw and his ankle bracelet on US shores for the near future.

Hello Military!
shitty weather? ever lived anywere other than florida? pretty shitty weather all over the usa.
shitty food? where do you think the majority of the food eaten in the us came from? euro's make the best food.
small semis and no money are no big deal. some do it for the love of the sport and dont mind getting payed a little ess to do it rather than a regular 9-5 gig.

i hope you were being sarcastic, most would kill to race anywhere for a living. i know i would, be just a bonus to get to travell europe and do it.
Team Euro
5/26/2010 8:28pm
Gardner37 wrote:
Sorry, He's not the Euro type. Shitty weather, shitty food, small semi's, no money, french people and green netting to keep you on the track will...

Hello Military!
OSJ wrote:
shitty weather? ever lived anywere other than florida? pretty shitty weather all over the usa. shitty food? where do you think the majority of the food...
shitty weather? ever lived anywere other than florida? pretty shitty weather all over the usa.
shitty food? where do you think the majority of the food eaten in the us came from? euro's make the best food.
small semis and no money are no big deal. some do it for the love of the sport and dont mind getting payed a little ess to do it rather than a regular 9-5 gig.

i hope you were being sarcastic, most would kill to race anywhere for a living. i know i would, be just a bonus to get to travell europe and do it.
GP`s are world wide, Weather shitty everywhere except USA! Shitty food, GP riders are healthier and eat a well balanced diet ,USA is the #1 unhealthy obese nation there is.Small semis...they are the same size and have a higher quality of professionalism surrounding the entire depo area. No money..you are kidding I hope, you can`t be that ignorant.

OSJ..Not only do they travel and race Europe they go to nations all over the world ,Africa, South America, North America
FTW 674
5/26/2010 8:29pm
He is still riding and training and hoping to do good enough at the last 3 nationals that he can get a ride for next year.

It makes sense not to waste money doing the whole season when you can do the last few, and do pretty good, so the teams remember who does what at the end of the season.

This is a " your only as good as your last race" kind of sport so who knows. We can only hope, just not to hard.

mx.jah
5/26/2010 8:36pm
Gardner37 wrote:

Hello Military!
OSJ wrote:
shitty weather? ever lived anywere other than florida? pretty shitty weather all over the usa. shitty food? where do you think the majority of the food...

thanks, this guy has not clue what he's talking about, weather in spain, italy and half of france is as good as in southern states.
curmudgeon
5/26/2010 8:47pm
OSJ wrote:

Ya, but this is JLaw we are talking about.
Gardner37
5/26/2010 8:51pm
Maybe I was being sarcastic, maybe not.
MX479Guy
5/26/2010 8:56pm
Sounds like JLaw is running out of money and he realizes he can't afford this entire season.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
5/26/2010 8:59pm
Europe doesn't want him either.
DrSweden
5/26/2010 9:26pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Europe doesn't want him either.
The smaller teams maybe? But as GuyB said, he has to feel the urge to start with.

The only thing this kid needs in my book is the motivation to go and see a good therapist. Nothing so far indicates that he has the mental strength to turns things around for the better. He needs to ged rid of his bad influence homies as well? Move to new place and again most importantly see a therapist.

Focus on that and get back to this circus next year, and maybe become a top five guy...
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
5/26/2010 11:08pm
DrSweden wrote:
The smaller teams maybe? But as GuyB said, he has to feel the urge to start with. The only thing this kid needs in my book...
The smaller teams maybe? But as GuyB said, he has to feel the urge to start with.

The only thing this kid needs in my book is the motivation to go and see a good therapist. Nothing so far indicates that he has the mental strength to turns things around for the better. He needs to ged rid of his bad influence homies as well? Move to new place and again most importantly see a therapist.

Focus on that and get back to this circus next year, and maybe become a top five guy...
Did you ever think HE may be the bad influence.
Team Euro
5/27/2010 8:30am
Good point, But if someone had the competing mentality to get as far as he has then there is still a burning desire there it may be sidetracked and overwhelmed by circumstances but there, possibly it can be rekindled under a different environmental situation

Post a reply to: Jason to Europe

The Latest