Weege Man Crush

Log Hopper
Fantasy
1517th
Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 8:01pm
nohomo. What would this sport be like without Jason Weigandt? His commentary, articles and videos are all topnotch. We're lucky to have him. I'll buy you a beer at Spring Creek if I see ya.
|
tprice07
7/13/2018 7:34am
"Sounds gay" (berluti drop from PulpMX)
BobKerr
7/13/2018 7:36am
I agree that we are lucky to have him providing great information for all of us. He is very good at what he does.
Flip109
7/13/2018 7:38am
Yup kudos to him for the awesome work

The Shop

Lightning78
7/13/2018 8:30am
Weege is pure gold 100% of the time and his stories of epic cheapness are second to none LaughingLaughingLaughing

This sport is really lucky to have such a naturally talented dude handling media.... Matthes as well, our sport has a very small few of great media people and writers that really complement the sports coverage quite well.
peelout
7/13/2018 8:33am
even Weege thinks Ridgelines are mini-vans with a bed. because of that he and i are bros
7/13/2018 8:44am
Welcome to VitalMX, JUSTIN BRAYTON!
Oh shit I just giggled like a school girl behind my desk at work... Nice one...

Seriously though - Weege is the fucking man. His journalistic skills and announcing are absolutely top notch.... and now, he's absolutely crushing it with these RacerX Exhaust podcasts he's doing. I love his approach of focusing on the "why/how" /historical aspect of whatever the subject is each week. Really, really, really good stuff. When I saw he was at ClubMX this week with JB, I wanted to tweet him or something saying to do a JB podcast... he read my mind though.

Who would've thought that a WWF loving Jewish kid from New Jersey would turn into such a core motohead??
7/13/2018 8:49am
peelout wrote:
even Weege thinks Ridgelines are mini-vans with a bed. because of that he and i are bros
totally about the ridge line - weigandt is awesome - but Langston is the chuck Norris of motocross - wish I could sport the belly like he does
peelout
7/13/2018 8:57am
peelout wrote:
totally about the ridge line - weigandt is awesome - but Langston is the chuck Norris of motocross - wish I could sport the belly like...
totally about the ridge line - weigandt is awesome - but Langston is the chuck Norris of motocross - wish I could sport the belly like he does
i love when GL is in the picture, guy looks like he just polished off a 30 and is ready for more
early
Fantasy
2231st
7/13/2018 9:04am
peelout wrote:
i love when GL is in the picture, guy looks like he just polished off a 30 and is ready for more
Real men set their alarm to it
7/13/2018 9:14am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2018 9:16am
I heard Weege commentates the quadtard series races by hiding under a bedsheet in his hotel room with the complimentary lavender scented hand lotion and a bottle of Boones Strawberry Hill.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/13/2018 9:34am
Log Hopper wrote:
nohomo. What would this sport be like without Jason Weigandt? His commentary, articles and videos are all topnotch. We're lucky to have him. I'll buy you...
nohomo. What would this sport be like without Jason Weigandt? His commentary, articles and videos are all topnotch. We're lucky to have him. I'll buy you a beer at Spring Creek if I see ya.
There were probably a handful of us working late in the press room after the Daytona Supercross, when Jason did a very outstanding post-race analysis commentary in one take. No fumbling, no stumbling.

We all applauded.
Jesse318NW
7/13/2018 9:40am
Oh shit I just giggled like a school girl behind my desk at work... Nice one... Seriously though - Weege is the fucking man. His journalistic...

Seriously though - Weege is the fucking man. His journalistic skills and announcing are absolutely top notch.... and now, he's absolutely crushing it with these RacerX Exhaust podcasts he's doing. I love his approach of focusing on the "why/how" /historical aspect of whatever the subject is each week. Really, really, really good stuff. When I saw he was at ClubMX this week with JB, I wanted to tweet him or something saying to do a JB podcast... he read my mind though.

Who would've thought that a WWF loving Jewish kid from New Jersey would turn into such a core motohead??
Jason is so good at everything he does. His RacerX print and website stuff and his commentating are world class. The MX world and RacerX are so lucky he is in our sport. He is a great and valuable contributor when on podcasts with Matthes but I've tried really hard to get into the Exhaust podcasts and while he is good I can't get into them like I can the Pulp stuff where I can't wait to listen. Anyone else feeling the same?
7/13/2018 9:52am
Jesse318NW wrote:
Jason is so good at everything he does. His RacerX print and website stuff and his commentating are world class. The MX world and RacerX are...
Jason is so good at everything he does. His RacerX print and website stuff and his commentating are world class. The MX world and RacerX are so lucky he is in our sport. He is a great and valuable contributor when on podcasts with Matthes but I've tried really hard to get into the Exhaust podcasts and while he is good I can't get into them like I can the Pulp stuff where I can't wait to listen. Anyone else feeling the same?
I *think* I know what you mean about the podcast... but I really geek out over learning about the historical aspect of moto stuff - so his podcast about this history of the Outdoor Nationals and how they came to be, and the one about how Supercross got to where it is today with the FIM were mind way wayyyy cool to me. The one with Bobby Hewitt was amazing, as were several others. I'll agree that anything other than Steve's Pulp pods does hit my ears differently, but Weege's approach to most of the exhaust pods keeps me anxiously awaiting more of them
BobKerr
7/13/2018 10:07am
Not to dilute this thread, but I really enjoy listening to Weege, JT, and Steve do the post race podcasts. The three of them together are a great combination. It just isn't the same without the three of them.
dimetime
7/13/2018 3:36pm
I just liked that he proved that you don't have to be a connected ex-pro to thrive in this sport.

Super cool dude who just slowly made his way in and excelled at what he does.

He and Grant are my favorite duo. Although Grant does look like he slams a 30 pack evey night now. Such a blue collar guy. Love it.

Ted722
7/14/2018 8:48am
Log Hopper wrote:
nohomo. What would this sport be like without Jason Weigandt? His commentary, articles and videos are all topnotch. We're lucky to have him. I'll buy you...
GuyB wrote:
There were probably a handful of us working late in the press room after the Daytona Supercross, when Jason did a very outstanding post-race analysis commentary...
There were probably a handful of us working late in the press room after the Daytona Supercross, when Jason did a very outstanding post-race analysis commentary in one take. No fumbling, no stumbling.

We all applauded.
rongi#401
7/14/2018 9:18am
And he also rides Moto, he borrowed by bike for a day years ago, I think like 2006
JM485
7/14/2018 9:37am
We've and GL absolutely kill it, I'm busting out laughing at least once every broadcast without fail. The fact that they have something insiteful to say about every guy on the track is pretty telling.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
7/15/2018 8:21am
i heard he pushed an old lady down because she almost stepped on a penny Whistling
7/15/2018 8:56am
Jesse318NW wrote:
Jason is so good at everything he does. His RacerX print and website stuff and his commentating are world class. The MX world and RacerX are...
100% agree
Dougy1
7/15/2018 9:00am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2018 9:01am
Oh shit I just giggled like a school girl behind my desk at work... Nice one... Seriously though - Weege is the fucking man. His journalistic...

Jesse318NW wrote:
Yep. Don't Mind his commentary outdoors but his pod casts are an absolute punish. I enjoy Steve's podcasts much better and can sit and listen to the whole episode's. I last about a minute for Weeges
Just don't think that hat suits him... Leave the pods to Pulp...
Roogs
7/16/2018 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2018 7:27pm
There is a reason I made this back in 2014, Weege RULES!

crusher773
7/16/2018 7:49pm
I subscribe to many of Weege's theories of saving money and other things such as "transfer of power". I love it when Weege is in studio on pulp.
TJMX947
7/17/2018 5:30am
About 4 years ago I was looking for a mountain bike via craigslist. I emailed a guy, and got a response...the email signature had a RacerX logo and it was none other than Weege.

I was like "Dude...is this really Weege?" He was nice and responded, said he had lived in Charlotte for a while. I thanked him for his contribution to the sport. Ever since then I've hoped I would run into him, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who holds him in such high esteem!
WarrenMX
7/17/2018 10:42am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2018 10:42am
I wish he would talk more about confidence levels. I don't need to know all the unnecessary details, I just need to know if the rider on screen is riding with CONFIDENCE or without!!

Post a reply to: Weege Man Crush

The Latest