Jason Lawrence Video

thewrizzle
Edited Date/Time 5/31/2022 8:36am
He posted an Instagram video with some dude talking, curious who the guy was. Anyone know?

|
5/27/2022 3:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2022 8:52pm
Pretty sure that’s Ricky Carmichael.

Edit: this was sarcasm, thought that was obvious.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/27/2022 3:28pm
thewrizzle wrote:
He posted an Instagram video with some dude talking, curious who the guy was. Anyone know? View this post on Instagram A post shared by Jason...
He posted an Instagram video with some dude talking, curious who the guy was. Anyone know?

Pretty sure that’s Cooksey
moto711
5/27/2022 3:29pm
Good ol' Chris Cooksey stirring the pot.

The Shop

thewrizzle
5/27/2022 3:38pm
Heard the name and never seen the face. Seems pretty shady to throw the Astars group under the bus like that…
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
5/27/2022 4:11pm
Not sure how Nicco Izzi did not make that list . Its actually pretty sad how things unraveled for these guys .
Coggl
5/27/2022 4:39pm
Is Cooksey wrong in this video though? The video is about wasted talent in mx/sx. JLAW is did really go in the gutter
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
5/27/2022 5:37pm
OR Racer46 wrote:
Not sure how Nicco Izzi did not make that list . Its actually pretty sad how things unraveled for these guys .
He did. He mumbles Nico Izzi right after Stroupe
Harv379
Fantasy
1988th
5/27/2022 6:19pm
Sometimes the truth hurts but this isn't really unique to Jlaw. I'm sure we've all had our own hardships and faults that could be pointed at and gawked at. We might have not all 'wasted' an sx career or done drugs but I'm sure we all did stupid things. Sucks the guy can't just live his life in peace and not have his past actions defining him today. Maybe that's still him idk, i don't care, but if anything this is just a cheap shot from Cookesy trying to get clicks and views aka $$.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
5/27/2022 6:32pm
Guys, the issue isn’t him saying J-law wasted his talent. The issue is that Cooksey is spreading an untrue rumor that riders could just walk over to the medical unit and get opioids.
HD1200
5/27/2022 6:48pm
Harv379 wrote:
Sometimes the truth hurts but this isn't really unique to Jlaw. I'm sure we've all had our own hardships and faults that could be pointed at...
Sometimes the truth hurts but this isn't really unique to Jlaw. I'm sure we've all had our own hardships and faults that could be pointed at and gawked at. We might have not all 'wasted' an sx career or done drugs but I'm sure we all did stupid things. Sucks the guy can't just live his life in peace and not have his past actions defining him today. Maybe that's still him idk, i don't care, but if anything this is just a cheap shot from Cookesy trying to get clicks and views aka $$.
What has he done that would make people see him differently, change their opinion of him? In my opinion, absolutely nothing.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/27/2022 8:10pm
731chopper wrote:
Guys, the issue isn’t him saying J-law wasted his talent. The issue is that Cooksey is spreading an untrue rumor that riders could just walk over...
Guys, the issue isn’t him saying J-law wasted his talent. The issue is that Cooksey is spreading an untrue rumor that riders could just walk over to the medical unit and get opioids.
^^ this !!

thewrizzle
5/27/2022 8:48pm
What are you talking about? Lawrence didn’t disagree with him and the issues he had. I brought it up because of the Asterik comment by the guy. That’s just straight BS he’s talking.
Hank_Thrill
5/27/2022 11:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2022 11:15pm
Coggl wrote:
Is Cooksey wrong in this video though? The video is about wasted talent in mx/sx. JLAW is did really go in the gutter
Why judge him? He obviously didn’t chase titles like the other guys but is it really wrong? He did things his own way and I’m sure he probably had fun doing it. I think his pro career is pretty unique and interesting. I think other people might feel the same considering he gets more attention than many other racers from the past with more titles.
Leave Us To
5/28/2022 6:28pm
Apparently, rumor has it, etc. What a joke Lawrence didn't have any opioid issues and the crap he said about Asterisk medical labs handing out painkillers is libelous.
Leave Us To
5/28/2022 6:31pm
Coggl wrote:
Yes he is wrong on the details on more than one rider and team. First and last time I will watch or listen to anything from this rumor monger.
5/29/2022 10:10am
Fine I will bite, I know how easy it was to get Vicodin from the medical rig, I broke my foot trying to qualify for GH in 2007 and after my trip inside the rig I left with a fat bottle of meds. Add this to what I heard from other guys who had issues it wasn’t hard to get meds from the rig. Unfortunately opiates were everywhere in that era, not saying the medical personal did anything out of the regular, but addicts know how to manipulate people into giving them meds. It is more indicative to the era rather than any one persons wrong doing. I am a huge fan of J-Law and hope life is treating him well, but he left a lot of talent on the table when his addiction took over. It’s unfortunate, but not uncommon.
5/29/2022 10:35am
Apparently, rumor has it, etc. What a joke Lawrence didn't have any opioid issues and the crap he said about Asterisk medical labs handing out painkillers...
Apparently, rumor has it, etc. What a joke Lawrence didn't have any opioid issues and the crap he said about Asterisk medical labs handing out painkillers is libelous.
Actually, you’re incorrect. It was slanderous.

Libel and slander are types of defamatory statements. Libel is a defamatory statement that is written. Slander is a defamatory statement that is oral. At common law, libel and slander were analyzed under different sets of standards, with libel recognized as the more serious wrong.
Johnny Ringo
5/29/2022 11:18am
Fine I will bite, I know how easy it was to get Vicodin from the medical rig, I broke my foot trying to qualify for GH...
Fine I will bite, I know how easy it was to get Vicodin from the medical rig, I broke my foot trying to qualify for GH in 2007 and after my trip inside the rig I left with a fat bottle of meds. Add this to what I heard from other guys who had issues it wasn’t hard to get meds from the rig. Unfortunately opiates were everywhere in that era, not saying the medical personal did anything out of the regular, but addicts know how to manipulate people into giving them meds. It is more indicative to the era rather than any one persons wrong doing. I am a huge fan of J-Law and hope life is treating him well, but he left a lot of talent on the table when his addiction took over. It’s unfortunate, but not uncommon.
Different tune than you’re singing in that video. You’re something else, pal.
5/29/2022 11:38am
Apparently, rumor has it, etc. What a joke Lawrence didn't have any opioid issues and the crap he said about Asterisk medical labs handing out painkillers...
Actually, you’re incorrect. It was slanderous. Libel and slander are types of defamatory statements. Libel is a defamatory statement that is written. Slander is a defamatory...
Actually, you’re incorrect. It was slanderous.

Libel and slander are types of defamatory statements. Libel is a defamatory statement that is written. Slander is a defamatory statement that is oral. At common law, libel and slander were analyzed under different sets of standards, with libel recognized as the more serious wrong.
Sue me bitch!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/29/2022 11:38am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 11:40am
731chopper wrote:
Guys, the issue isn’t him saying J-law wasted his talent. The issue is that Cooksey is spreading an untrue rumor that riders could just walk over...
But it’s not untrue for that time. Opiates were everywhere in the pits throughout the 2000s. I know 2 team managers that had problems with them because they were easy to get at the races.

BUT, they really didn’t understand what they were doing at that time with them. I’ll also say that, I don’t think Jason had a pill problem.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
5/29/2022 11:57am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 11:58am
UpTiTe wrote:
But it’s not untrue for that time. Opiates were everywhere in the pits throughout the 2000s. I know 2 team managers that had problems with them...
But it’s not untrue for that time. Opiates were everywhere in the pits throughout the 2000s. I know 2 team managers that had problems with them because they were easy to get at the races.

BUT, they really didn’t understand what they were doing at that time with them. I’ll also say that, I don’t think Jason had a pill problem.
That is different than what Chris implied in the video that anyone could go get opioids at the medical unit. Even then there were laws that had to be followed to give somebody that class of drug. Yes, there was a huge problem across the entire world with these drugs being prescribed, legally, too frequently but there were still laws that had to be followed.

Chris, if you went into the asterisks medical unit and got opioids illegally then say it but if it was legal, that isn’t the way your presented it. You could also walk into an urgent care clinic and say you had horrible pain to get opioids legally and quite easily back then (probably still can) but that is different than saying anyone can walk in there and leave with class A narcotics for no reason at all.
Zycki11
5/29/2022 12:04pm
THERES A DRUG RING INSIDE MX SPORTS!
Zycki11
5/29/2022 12:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2022 12:06pm
Also cooksey is a chode who has no other means to be relevant, otherwise he would take different angles to all of this. Anyone can be the tmz of moto. Only tool bags who have nothing to offer choose to do so.
aeffertz
5/29/2022 3:20pm
Fine I will bite, I know how easy it was to get Vicodin from the medical rig, I broke my foot trying to qualify for GH...
So you’re surprised you were given a pain medication from the doctors that diagnosed your broken bone?
Zycki11
5/29/2022 5:31pm
aeffertz wrote:
So you’re surprised you were given a pain medication from the doctors that diagnosed your broken bone?
At this point I don’t blame the guy, with a face of a bricklayer and nothing else going for him. Why not dig a bunch of BS up and sell it on the internet. He is basically the real housewives of moto hoes
Johnny Ringo
5/29/2022 5:32pm
aeffertz wrote:
He’s really blowing the lid off the sport. Wait till he hears you can buy cold medicine over the counter

Post a reply to: Jason Lawrence Video

The Latest