Jason Ellis has been fired....there goes MX on Sirius

ti473
11/27/2020 7:32am
Maybe Marx hooks him up with a job on pulp now...
aeffertz
11/27/2020 7:47am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2020 7:58am
Bummer for me. His 3 hour show was a daily listen for me at work. A lot of shows contracts were up this year but were temporarily extended due to covid stuff but it looks like they didn’t reup. Feel bad for the rest of the co hosts as well, hopefully everyone lands on their feet and finds something moving forward. Also hope the other talk show I listen to on SXM that is in contract negotiations doesn’t get the boot as well!

I have the full package subscription in my car and the mobile app for on demand listening and it’s like $125 a year. Easy to justify the cost when I spend 6 to 8 hours on the Sirius app daily.
MX558
11/27/2020 9:39am
I pay 12 bucks a month for me and the wife a car , totally worth it as I drive a ton for work and riding

The Shop

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
11/27/2020 11:11am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2020 11:11am
I used to listen to him, but got tired of it. I pay $60 a year and usually just listen to the comedy channels and occasionally Lithium if the kids are with me. It’s definitely great on road trips.
jk367
11/27/2020 11:15am
Electro21 wrote:
I used to listen to him, but got tired of it. I pay $60 a year and usually just listen to the comedy channels and occasionally...
I used to listen to him, but got tired of it. I pay $60 a year and usually just listen to the comedy channels and occasionally Lithium if the kids are with me. It’s definitely great on road trips.
I’m a comedy channel man myself. Also like Jim and Sam in the morning
djc
11/27/2020 3:40pm
I love satellite radio. I had Xm and felt when Sirius took it over they kind of ruined it. For the channels I listen to xm was way better I felt.
Johnny Ringo
11/27/2020 3:53pm
What was the story involving him and Marx? I remember it being funny
aeffertz
11/27/2020 4:15pm
I only listened to that story once when it was being revealed on the show so this is just from memory but here’s what I remember. At one of Ellis’s events, Travis’s gf asked Jason if she could go to his after party at the hotel and he gave her the details. Travis and his GF show up to the hotel and it’s basically just a handful of people hanging out in a hotel room and Travis just kind of sat off to the side because it was an awkward scene.

Jason thought it was awkward and asked them to leave after a bit. Grinning

Maybe Marx will see this post and fix any details I may have missed or got confused.
bvm111
11/27/2020 4:48pm
never heard of her!
Johnny Ringo
11/27/2020 4:51pm
aeffertz wrote:
I only listened to that story once when it was being revealed on the show so this is just from memory but here’s what I remember...
I only listened to that story once when it was being revealed on the show so this is just from memory but here’s what I remember. At one of Ellis’s events, Travis’s gf asked Jason if she could go to his after party at the hotel and he gave her the details. Travis and his GF show up to the hotel and it’s basically just a handful of people hanging out in a hotel room and Travis just kind of sat off to the side because it was an awkward scene.

Maybe Marx will see this post and fix any details I may have missed or got confused.
Sounds pretty close! Thanks bro
11/27/2020 4:59pm
Didn’t realize how many people actually subscribe to it. I do like turbo when the free trials come about.
ti473
11/27/2020 5:07pm
aeffertz wrote:
I only listened to that story once when it was being revealed on the show so this is just from memory but here’s what I remember...

He kicked him out because he thought he was on drugs but he was just tried
zlowery
11/28/2020 6:16pm
Listened to every episode from 2009 on. I do alot of driving. Got hooked right away with his interesting guests and perspective on things. Was a very refreshing show for many years. Often talked about moto and had moto guests.

Past years have been a train-wreck. The immaturity level went up exponentially. He’s a giant baby that could pick a fight with a saint. Show moved to a talk station and he had to do sponsor reads. He made a mockery of every read. He would say/joke/instigate some terrible stuff about anyone and everyone. Undoubtedly someone tuned in and personally offended someone or the came to the realization “we’re paying him for this?!”.

Based on what i gathered from hints on the show, he was making 800-900 a year. Was renting in beverly hill but just bought in hermosa beach. Spends every penny. The firing was a blindside. Wife already started an onlyfans. He will be fully committed to a podcast soon. I dont see things working out well for him. Think dave chappelle’s famous skit “when keeping it real goes wrong” - thats him. Shame cause i use to love listening to him. Tully is brilliant. Kevin is bleh. Will pendarvis gave jason a million warnings to pull it back. At the end of the day sirius is a corporation and jason wore his welcome out.

Post a reply to: Jason Ellis has been fired....there goes MX on Sirius

The Latest