Jason Anderson's Season

Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 2:53pm
Came out and fought for a 2nd place finish at A1, had a solid ride for a 6th at Phoenix. Good results, but he faded back and got a 7th and 9th when A2 and A3 rolled around. He has also suffered some crashes lately, notably at Atlanta in the whoops and again last night at Detroit. That was brutal get off! Happy to hear he is okay. With all the hype around Cole Seely stepping up, I feel Anderson will make a statement sometime soon- possibly in the last few races or at Hangtown for Outdoors.
What are your thoughts about his season so far?
|
Fat Fingers
3/22/2015 1:19pm
Anderson is definitely under performing this year. Night and day difference to the way he rode and owned the 250 class last year.

Makes me wonder if it comes down to bike set up or overall confidence. Seely on the other hand is excelling. Is It simply that Seely is on a better team than Anderson and has good people in his corner and better riders to train with, therefore giving him the confidence to race with the leaders.
Dx3moto
3/22/2015 1:28pm
Confidence and momentum, in my opinion.
davistld01
3/22/2015 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2015 2:06pm
Jason is getting it figured out. I think he pushed it too hard at Detroit, but I think he's got what it takes to be a real contender. He needs to chill a bit on the 250 aggression and riding style...but I think crashing for him has been educational. Maybe now he sees where the edge is. Glad he's ok.
A. DLeary
3/22/2015 2:29pm
He's finished on the podium, shown bursts of speed, been on the ground a few times and made some bad decisions. He sits in 8th in the points right behind Baggett.

It's his rookie year, how exactly did you expect him to do?

The Shop

Drtbykr
3/22/2015 2:41pm
Was hoping to see the beautiful Husky up front more, especially afterA1 tease.
Shows how tough the bike boy class is. I'm sure he is taking good notes.
JeepnMike
3/22/2015 10:46pm
Start of the season, my thoughts for him (and Husky) were "hell yeah after A1!!". With the way he totally attacked every obstacle, every turn, and every rider last year, I was hoping that was just the start of his season this year. Since then he has struggled. I know that pretty much everything is new to him so we need to give him a break with how he has done since. I also know that our beloved RV2 struggled his first year on the big bike too, and that wasn't a brand change for him like it was for Anderson.

I hope he can figure out his starts, get up front for once, and not have to constantly panic over track position.
struth
3/22/2015 11:16pm
A. DLeary wrote:
He's finished on the podium, shown bursts of speed, been on the ground a few times and made some bad decisions. He sits in 8th in...
He's finished on the podium, shown bursts of speed, been on the ground a few times and made some bad decisions. He sits in 8th in the points right behind Baggett.

It's his rookie year, how exactly did you expect him to do?
Considering he beat seely for 250 title,
You would think be higher then 8th.
3/23/2015 12:18am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 12:18am
Gone from Chocolate to Boiled Lollies.
ChrisB10
3/23/2015 3:24am
His season has been disappointing especially after the way he started at A1. I'm not saying it's a "bad" season though because it's only his first season on the 450!
3/23/2015 4:54am
He'll get there. As far as unexpected seasons go, Milsaps, who really saw that coming? Also did we really think Eli would be 3 full races behind Dungey in points with only 2 race wins on the season so far? Or see Kenny go on the downward slope?

I like Anderson, he brings a different feel to the races but, its no secret he struggled up until last year with endurance and whatever else.
Crush
3/23/2015 4:57am
He's made a couple comments about getting his bike more comfortable. He was also building outdoors last year so will be interesting to see what happens next year.
BD233
3/23/2015 5:04am
I think once he develops a smoother riding style he'll be ok, all the super aggresive 250 guys have had to smooth out their style when moving up to the 450. Seely already had a smooth style, easier transition for him.
wanglimp
3/23/2015 6:17am
Does anyone else think that the Husky is part of the problem? Look at the rest of the team and how they are doing. Davalos went from Kawi and almost always winning at least the heat races, to this year where he has just struggled, especially in Detroit. Osborne was supposed to be one to watch on the west coast and that hasn't really panned out either. I am curious if it is the bike or the team.
IWreckALot
3/23/2015 6:22am
wanglimp wrote:
Does anyone else think that the Husky is part of the problem? Look at the rest of the team and how they are doing. Davalos went...
Does anyone else think that the Husky is part of the problem? Look at the rest of the team and how they are doing. Davalos went from Kawi and almost always winning at least the heat races, to this year where he has just struggled, especially in Detroit. Osborne was supposed to be one to watch on the west coast and that hasn't really panned out either. I am curious if it is the bike or the team.
If Davalos is your comparison, you might want to rethink your argument. Lol. Kidding man but a little serious too. I think his calling in life was to be a geologist with all of the soil samples he's taken.

From what I understand, The Husky still needs some development. Of course that is just the perception I've perceived from the Vital shootout and a handful of other reports I've seen. It's difficult to say whether it's just a typical rookie season or if there's much more to it than meets the eye. Maybe it's just the perfect storm.
wanglimp
3/23/2015 6:28am
wanglimp wrote:
Does anyone else think that the Husky is part of the problem? Look at the rest of the team and how they are doing. Davalos went...
IWreckALot wrote:
If Davalos is your comparison, you might want to rethink your argument. Lol. Kidding man but a little serious too. I think his calling in life...
If Davalos is your comparison, you might want to rethink your argument. Lol. Kidding man but a little serious too. I think his calling in life was to be a geologist with all of the soil samples he's taken.

From what I understand, The Husky still needs some development. Of course that is just the perception I've perceived from the Vital shootout and a handful of other reports I've seen. It's difficult to say whether it's just a typical rookie season or if there's much more to it than meets the eye. Maybe it's just the perfect storm.
I do realize that Davalos has a history of hitting the ground. I was just comparing last years results to this years. I would think after last year he would be a little better.
3/23/2015 1:08pm
wanglimp wrote:
I do realize that Davalos has a history of hitting the ground. I was just comparing last years results to this years. I would think after...
I do realize that Davalos has a history of hitting the ground. I was just comparing last years results to this years. I would think after last year he would be a little better.
Agreed. I've mentioned this multiple times as well. Davalos has his moments where he is completely dialed in and then suddenly, he gets a mouth full of dirt. Maybe he is just having trouble adapting to the Husky, but I can clearly remember him decking it on the Kawi quite a bit too. Or, maybe the competition is psyching him out and he's pushing it too hard.
zook11
3/23/2015 2:53pm
Figured he would be dominating since Aldon baker is his trainer. Aldon can make any rider win championships.

Post a reply to: Jason Anderson's Season

The Latest