Jason Anderson signs with Rockstar Energy Husqvarna through 2022...

APerry151
1/9/2018 5:08pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Why? Is it because the guy that raced MXoN for No Pay might back off? Not! Is it because he's ridden since then on a plated...
Why?
Is it because the guy that raced MXoN for No Pay might back off? Not!
Is it because he's ridden since then on a plated foot that's been painful to ride on?
(Removed last fall/had to miss '17 MXoN and was bummed about it.)
Is it because he's riding so well?

Seriously, that's a dip-shit response when you realize he's been on the same contract these last few years. So...
Why?
No, "dip-shit"... I like the guy... It's about balancing incentives and security. Reward him for his loyalty with a nice guaranteed amount, fine. But we see it all the time, when a rider cashes in and has another year or two on the deal (this one is four?!) they mail it in until they HAVE to perform. I don't feel like I need to explain this any further, many examples to point to.

I like Anderson, rooted for him since he went pro. I love that Bobby Hewitt believes in him that much. But I strongly believe contracts need to be incentive based for athletes to perform in this sport. The results don't lie.
snackfedbear
1/9/2018 6:01pm
APerry151 wrote:
No, "dip-shit"... I like the guy... It's about balancing incentives and security. Reward him for his loyalty with a nice guaranteed amount, fine. But we see...
No, "dip-shit"... I like the guy... It's about balancing incentives and security. Reward him for his loyalty with a nice guaranteed amount, fine. But we see it all the time, when a rider cashes in and has another year or two on the deal (this one is four?!) they mail it in until they HAVE to perform. I don't feel like I need to explain this any further, many examples to point to.

I like Anderson, rooted for him since he went pro. I love that Bobby Hewitt believes in him that much. But I strongly believe contracts need to be incentive based for athletes to perform in this sport. The results don't lie.
I agree with this in a sense. Seems like some dudes constantly sign and get "injured and out" while still collecting that check.

I think it was your delivery that sounded dip-shit.

I'm really pumped for Anderson though. Seems like he gets slept on but he is always in the fight and deserves to be rewarded for it. For a team to acknowledge that says a lot about the dudes running it. Kudos Bobby. He'll get a championship and run a #1 watch.
APLMAN99
1/9/2018 6:13pm
Anderson definitely seems like the guy who'd get extra motivation knowing that he's got that contract security rather than someone who'd start dogging it. I get the impression that he'd put his own grandma over a berm in a heartbeat if it meant a single dollar in purse/contingency or one extra point.

This could be one of those "rest of your career" contracts, and probably sort of a payback for how quickly he helped put Husky back in the conversation here in the US. He probably had an "out" when RockStar switched to Husky, but he stayed with that group and he made them look pretty competitive on the race track, that's for sure!

I'm an Anderson fan, even if I sometimes can't condone some of his moves on the track. But the idea that he's going to rest on this contract doesn't seem likely.
aeffertz
1/9/2018 6:21pm
Daaayummm! He seems like a guy that would be pretty loyal to his sponsors. I don't remember, is Bobby Hewitt involved with this deal at all?
Because he listens to rap music or what?

Name another team he's been on since he turned pro...

The Shop

tcallahan707
1/9/2018 6:22pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Anderson definitely seems like the guy who'd get extra motivation knowing that he's got that contract security rather than someone who'd start dogging it. I get...
Anderson definitely seems like the guy who'd get extra motivation knowing that he's got that contract security rather than someone who'd start dogging it. I get the impression that he'd put his own grandma over a berm in a heartbeat if it meant a single dollar in purse/contingency or one extra point.

This could be one of those "rest of your career" contracts, and probably sort of a payback for how quickly he helped put Husky back in the conversation here in the US. He probably had an "out" when RockStar switched to Husky, but he stayed with that group and he made them look pretty competitive on the race track, that's for sure!

I'm an Anderson fan, even if I sometimes can't condone some of his moves on the track. But the idea that he's going to rest on this contract doesn't seem likely.
I'd argue that KTM and Dungey put Husky back on the map.
stonerb
1/9/2018 6:32pm
Daaayummm! He seems like a guy that would be pretty loyal to his sponsors. I don't remember, is Bobby Hewitt involved with this deal at all?
aeffertz wrote:
Because he listens to rap music or what?

Name another team he's been on since he turned pro...
I think he meant to type “does seem like a guy that would be pretty loyal...”, I could be wrong though.
vetmxr
1/9/2018 6:42pm
I'm sure the money is nice......but I get the feeling Anderson isn't motivated by $..... He rides like 2nd place is a death sentence......To some guys, even second place is nothing more than a sign of failure. Unacceptable. The only thing that computes is to have no one in front of you ever. Smile

TeamGreen
1/9/2018 6:47pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Why? Is it because the guy that raced MXoN for No Pay might back off? Not! Is it because he's ridden since then on a plated...
Why?
Is it because the guy that raced MXoN for No Pay might back off? Not!
Is it because he's ridden since then on a plated foot that's been painful to ride on?
(Removed last fall/had to miss '17 MXoN and was bummed about it.)
Is it because he's riding so well?

Seriously, that's a dip-shit response when you realize he's been on the same contract these last few years. So...
Why?
APerry151 wrote:
No, "dip-shit"... I like the guy... It's about balancing incentives and security. Reward him for his loyalty with a nice guaranteed amount, fine. But we see...

My apologies. I only know what I see...and read in the media & on the web; hence, the TRUE HISTORY on the matter at hand. I'm just another El Hombré fan.

He ain't no quitter and he's one of the few that seems to have developed a mature and self-imposed work ethic. He was one of those guys that had a bit of a reckoning...early...hell, VERY EARLY in his career. He's with the SAME TEAM he's been with since he left Loretta's. Sooooo...there's always that!

Now, if knowing this and calling into question your silly statement makes me a dip-shit? Fine.

Hey, EVERYBODY!?!?
I'm Manny.
I'm a true fan of El Hombré.
And...
I'm a Dip Shit!

And I AM...HLTN and I still ride, Bitches.
Are you Happy?
TeamGreen
1/9/2018 6:48pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Anderson definitely seems like the guy who'd get extra motivation knowing that he's got that contract security rather than someone who'd start dogging it. I get...

Damn

The Apple Man NAILS IT!
APerry151
1/9/2018 6:59pm
I agree with this in a sense. Seems like some dudes constantly sign and get "injured and out" while still collecting that check. I think it...
I agree with this in a sense. Seems like some dudes constantly sign and get "injured and out" while still collecting that check.

I'm really pumped for Anderson though. Seems like he gets slept on but he is always in the fight and deserves to be rewarded for it. For a team to acknowledge that says a lot about the dudes running it. Kudos Bobby. He'll get a championship and run a #1 watch.
I suppose I could've explained my stance in detail from the get-go but I figured it was obvious enough why I said what I did... I'm all for the guys getting paid, but the only guarantees I believe in are injury guarantees. You take care of your guys when they go down laying it on the line for you because it's the right thing to do.

However, when a guy is getting guaranteed money to show up, it is natural to want to play it a bit safer, not take any extra risks, keep the money rolling in. I mean no disrespect to the riders or their passion for winning but it's simple human nature.

Rider A: $750,000 guaranteed at signing. $250,000 bonus to win the title.

Rider B: $250,000 guaranteed at signing. $750,000 bonus to win the title.

Which rider has more incentive to play it safe? Which rider has more incentive to perform the best he can?
APerry151
1/9/2018 7:10pm
TeamGreen wrote:
My apologies. I only know what I see...and read in the media & on the web; hence, the TRUE HISTORY on the matter at hand. I'm...
My apologies. I only know what I see...and read in the media & on the web; hence, the TRUE HISTORY on the matter at hand. I'm just another El Hombré fan.

He ain't no quitter and he's one of the few that seems to have developed a mature and self-imposed work ethic. He was one of those guys that had a bit of a reckoning...early...hell, VERY EARLY in his career. He's with the SAME TEAM he's been with since he left Loretta's. Sooooo...there's always that!

Now, if knowing this and calling into question your silly statement makes me a dip-shit? Fine.

Hey, EVERYBODY!?!?
I'm Manny.
And...
I'm a Dip Shit!

Are you Happy?
Cool. He's still the exception not the rule, if the way you've characterized him is accurate. For every guy like that there's five who would get complacent in the same situation.

Again, I like the guy, Manny. Not sure how me hoping he has a deal that keeps him hungry has you up in arms..?
APLMAN99
1/9/2018 7:30pm
I agree with this in a sense. Seems like some dudes constantly sign and get "injured and out" while still collecting that check. I think it...

APerry151 wrote:
I suppose I could've explained my stance in detail from the get-go but I figured it was obvious enough why I said what I did... I'm...
I suppose I could've explained my stance in detail from the get-go but I figured it was obvious enough why I said what I did... I'm all for the guys getting paid, but the only guarantees I believe in are injury guarantees. You take care of your guys when they go down laying it on the line for you because it's the right thing to do.

However, when a guy is getting guaranteed money to show up, it is natural to want to play it a bit safer, not take any extra risks, keep the money rolling in. I mean no disrespect to the riders or their passion for winning but it's simple human nature.

Rider A: $750,000 guaranteed at signing. $250,000 bonus to win the title.

Rider B: $250,000 guaranteed at signing. $750,000 bonus to win the title.

Which rider has more incentive to play it safe? Which rider has more incentive to perform the best he can?
Well, the absolute worst hire in your scenario is rider B after he has a couple of bike issues or doesn't feel that the team is working with him to get the bike set up to his liking, so there's that.......
APLMAN99
1/9/2018 7:33pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

You could try, right after you show us a results sheet showing Dungey racing a Husky or even a Husky advertisement featuring Dungey.......
rohleder644
1/9/2018 7:33pm
Not sure where you got that impression. The dude seems loyal as fuck to all his sponsors. Not to mention, he's talked about how loyal he...
Not sure where you got that impression. The dude seems loyal as fuck to all his sponsors. Not to mention, he's talked about how loyal he is to Hewitt.
Ah shit, I totally mistyped that. I'm glad you caught it so I don't continue to look like a douche haha
TeamGreen
1/9/2018 7:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 7:41pm
TeamGreen wrote:
My apologies. I only know what I see...and read in the media & on the web; hence, the TRUE HISTORY on the matter at hand. I'm...

Hey, EVERYBODY!?!?
I'm Manny.
And...
I'm a Dip Shit!

Are you Happy?
APerry151 wrote:
Cool. He's still the exception not the rule, if the way you've characterized him is accurate. For every guy like that there's five who would get...
Cool. He's still the exception not the rule, if the way you've characterized him is accurate. For every guy like that there's five who would get complacent in the same situation.

Again, I like the guy, Manny. Not sure how me hoping he has a deal that keeps him hungry has you up in arms..?
Here's something that may bring you some "Satisfaction" in that Rolling Stones sort of way...

He's quite aware of what he's got and just how long it might...or...might not last. He's not like everyone-else in that very obvious way...he doesn't subscribe to the usual way of doing things...

He has HIS OWN expectations. He knows all too damn well that he has the ability to be "the guy". That's what he's pursuing and that's why he's here. I've seen him chase this dream for almost a decade...

My favorite thing about Jason is that he's grown up and become an amazing athlete on his own terms and with very few demons. He's just a dude. A dude that loves riding his dirt bike.

Oh, and he REALLY, REALLY REALLY...loves to win.

And, yes, I'm a fan.
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
1/9/2018 8:15pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Anderson is the only person keeping husky alive in the 450 class
Still shocked they didn't find room for Davalos after his outdoor season.
tcallahan707
1/9/2018 8:32pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
You could try, right after you show us a results sheet showing Dungey racing a Husky or even a Husky advertisement featuring Dungey.......
I can show a results sheet and ad showing the bike that Dungey and KTM took from the bottom and turned into the premier bike in the class. I can also show a press release about KTM's parent company buying Husky. I think you can see where this is going.
gnarwhip
1/9/2018 8:34pm
Hopefully now he'll sack up and actually try and pass his buddy/ training partner Marvin. Dude always seems to give up when he's near Marv.
APLMAN99
1/10/2018 1:41am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I can show a results sheet and ad showing the bike that Dungey and KTM took from the bottom and turned into the premier bike in...
I can show a results sheet and ad showing the bike that Dungey and KTM took from the bottom and turned into the premier bike in the class. I can also show a press release about KTM's parent company buying Husky. I think you can see where this is going.
Oh I knew where it was going, just disagree with it being quite as big in the marketing/reintroduction to the public of the "old" brand as having a guy like Jason sign on and show its competitiveness.
Jmicmoto13
1/10/2018 4:13am
gnarwhip wrote:
Hopefully now he'll sack up and actually try and pass his buddy/ training partner Marvin. Dude always seems to give up when he's near Marv.
Yeah I’d like to see him step past Marvin as well. Makes you wonder if the friendly training partner relationship is a detriment at this stage of the game for him? I always liked getting along with my competitors and cutting up, but when it’s time to work and win, you’re just another guy. I can see JA21 being too kind to Marvin because he has to see him on Monday morning.
BobbyM
1/10/2018 5:59am
TeamGreen wrote:

Hey, EVERYBODY!?!?
I'm Manny.
And...
I'm a Dip Shit!

Are you Happy?
APerry151 wrote:
Cool. He's still the exception not the rule, if the way you've characterized him is accurate. For every guy like that there's five who would get...

I hope he signed 10million up front bonus money. At any time he could be shittin in a bag... Anytime.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
1/10/2018 7:07am
Well he's gonna retire on that contract before its fulfilled... 4 year extension? How dumb is husky? Do they really believe there won't be upcoming talent for 4 years? Bad business move by them. Not thinking outside the box.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
1/10/2018 7:15am
gnarwhip wrote:
If anything, this will make him lazier. He doesn't need to pass Marv, he's got a contract he can ride into the sunset...
Phantom 661
1/10/2018 8:26am
gnarwhip wrote:
nrosso391 wrote:
If anything, this will make him lazier. He doesn't need to pass Marv, he's got a contract he can ride into the sunset...
Its post Dungey 101 training residuals.... "don't get stupid when we're all fixing to podium".
1/10/2018 9:32am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2018 9:33am
Wow! The dudes consistently top 5. Maybe he’s gonna be the next Dungey. Don’t win em all but start winning championships.

Awesome contract. well deserved.
BobPA
1/10/2018 9:33am
nrosso391 wrote:
Well he's gonna retire on that contract before its fulfilled... 4 year extension? How dumb is husky? Do they really believe there won't be upcoming talent...
Well he's gonna retire on that contract before its fulfilled... 4 year extension? How dumb is husky? Do they really believe there won't be upcoming talent for 4 years? Bad business move by them. Not thinking outside the box.
You know Husky is a multi rider team right? Who do you see in the near future who can compete with the big boys? Anderson is a proven winner, and always puts in 100% effort.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
1/10/2018 10:25am
nrosso391 wrote:
Well he's gonna retire on that contract before its fulfilled... 4 year extension? How dumb is husky? Do they really believe there won't be upcoming talent...
BobPA wrote:
You know Husky is a multi rider team right? Who do you see in the near future who can compete with the big boys? Anderson is...
You know Husky is a multi rider team right? Who do you see in the near future who can compete with the big boys? Anderson is a proven winner, and always puts in 100% effort.
Yeah they have who on the team?, Osborne (250 Class Life-r), Wilson (injury prone), Harrison (unproven), Mosiman (who?) Then there's Anderson, the punk who only has 1 more win than Barcia. He's no Champ. Will never be with who he's up against. (5) 250 guys could be moving up within 2 years. Craig, Plessinger, A Martin, J Hill, Osborne already on Husky...
jeffro503
1/10/2018 10:26am
Man....4 years!!?? That's crazy , but congrat's to Jason , and to Husky for nailing him down. 4 years is super long in this sport.

Post a reply to: Jason Anderson signs with Rockstar Energy Husqvarna through 2022...

The Latest