Jason Anderson most to benefit from new format? I hope so

hyler199
Edited Date/Time 11/8/2017 7:25pm
I think Jason is going to be potential title contender this year. I honestly see him being more consistent than Eli and potentially more consistent than Marvin. I see a lot of wins on ET3 and MM25 but I do see a few DNFs or terrible motos.

The 6min +1 lap first moto where it might be carnage and it got me thinking of the highest skilled rider whos down to scrap. I think with Jasons top 5 starts and spider monkey passes he'll dominate those first heats or wtvr they call them now. I know Anderson is bout punchin peoples tickets and I really like that on the track, as long as its somewhat safe. Hell be clutch.

Listening to the PulpMx show and Luke Renzland aka El Dozer made a few hilarious comments on how he wont be afraid to trade plastics with guys. I'll let you guys listen to the podcast to get more details but it was hilarious. I was already becoming a new fan of his because of the posts I saw of him doing GNCC and JDay events, his interview sealed the deal hes a cool guy.

I dont know but I hope there will be the signature Steve Matthes Safety Nets because there will be blood!!
|
The Candyman
11/7/2017 9:41pm
Bro not sure where to begin, but im going to pack a bowl and smoke it to get on your level.
11/7/2017 10:01pm
Problem is the new format is only going to be used at 3 races so it won't even have much of an effect on the championship.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
11/7/2017 10:36pm
The 450 first moto will be 8 minutes + 1 lap. The 250s will be 6 minutes + 1 lap. There seems to be confusion there. 450s are 8/12/15 minutes +1 lap. 250s are 6/10/12 + 1 lap.

It will definitely help the sprinters. And hurt the guys that are bad starters or riders down in a first turn pile up. Then again we've seen Stew come from down in the first turn to win an 8 lap heat race. So anything could happen.

Anderson will be a title contender as long as he doesn't have one of those "nights". He needs to avoid another Freise incident. That ruined last years Supercross season at race 3.
hyler199
11/7/2017 11:06pm
Bro not sure where to begin, but im going to pack a bowl and smoke it to get on your level.
My parents didnt name me Hyler for nothing!! Dam I just started listening to Pulp and the way it came across was that all the events were going to be like that.

and Kirk yeah he needs to avoid that shit and I think he will. What happened in the tunnel was cringe worthy.

Im just a fan of his because everyones getting so boring. Especially most of the 250 guys minus the savage Zacho.

The Shop

51xc
11/7/2017 11:10pm
jasons top 5 starts? he's not a good starter. he definitly improved but mm25 is a very good starter and he will have the biggest advantages with multiple starts/races. tomac has the speed advantage but shorter mains might hurt him a little bit. although he has to be the fav coming into a1.
hyler199
11/7/2017 11:33pm
51xc wrote:
jasons top 5 starts? he's not a good starter. he definitly improved but mm25 is a very good starter and he will have the biggest advantages...
jasons top 5 starts? he's not a good starter. he definitly improved but mm25 is a very good starter and he will have the biggest advantages with multiple starts/races. tomac has the speed advantage but shorter mains might hurt him a little bit. although he has to be the fav coming into a1.
yeah true maybe i shouldnt of said top 5 starts but maybe his ability to get into top 5 quickly for the most part. I think his game is upped this year.
OT
Fantasy
3059th
11/8/2017 3:53am
Problem is the new format is only going to be used at 3 races so it won't even have much of an effect on the championship.
It could have a massive effect on the championship, just look at Tomac at Monster Cup... one mistake in one moto and you could be out for that whole round.... = 0 points
51xc
11/8/2017 5:28am
OT wrote:
It could have a massive effect on the championship, just look at Tomac at Monster Cup... one mistake in one moto and you could be out...
It could have a massive effect on the championship, just look at Tomac at Monster Cup... one mistake in one moto and you could be out for that whole round.... = 0 points
I thought the overall points for the triple crown rounds will be the same points as any other round. it's not like they are getting 3 times the points...
BobKerr
11/8/2017 5:29am
Eli will probably suffer the most as he has historically not been a good starter.

Too bad Mike Alessi isn't racing this year. He could probably podium or even win some of those short motos with his crazy holeshots.
Donovan759
11/8/2017 7:25am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2017 7:25am
Chad Reed is going to have a perfect season and win every race (even heats). And then retire. Oh and he's going to ride KTM and be sponsored by Bud Light.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
11/8/2017 7:41am
OT wrote:
It could have a massive effect on the championship, just look at Tomac at Monster Cup... one mistake in one moto and you could be out...
51xc wrote:
I thought the overall points for the triple crown rounds will be the same points as any other round. it's not like they are getting 3...
I thought the overall points for the triple crown rounds will be the same points as any other round. it's not like they are getting 3 times the points...
That's my understanding too.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/8/2017 7:47am
OT wrote:
51xc wrote:
I thought the overall points for the triple crown rounds will be the same points as any other round. it's not like they are getting 3...
You're correct it's the same points structure as every other round. The overall winner for the night will be decided like any amateur race that have the 3 moto format with the difference being the moto's will be scored with the Olympic system. 1st place = 1 point, 2nd place = 2 points, etc.

The rider with the lowest score across all 3 moto's/main events will be awarded the overall for the night and receive maximum points (25 pts?).

Points structure changed so not sure if it's 25 pts or 26 pts for an overall win.

3 main events just gives a chance for more guys to score a better overall.
kkawboy14
11/8/2017 7:50am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2017 7:50am
If Kawasaki doesn’t win the Championship this year I’m selling my KX and buying a KTM.........as if that’s gonna happen Smile
aees
11/8/2017 7:56am
BobKerr wrote:
Eli will probably suffer the most as he has historically not been a good starter. Too bad Mike Alessi isn't racing this year. He could probably...
Eli will probably suffer the most as he has historically not been a good starter.

Too bad Mike Alessi isn't racing this year. He could probably podium or even win some of those short motos with his crazy holeshots.
There is zero chance Alessi could win a heat, zero.

Out of 384 laps last season, some one else than Tomac, Dungey, Roczen and Musquin was in the lead for - wait for it - 6 laps.

So no, there is no chance the middle to end pack guys en up on the box for 10 lap events.

Andersson led 2 laps, of 384.
kkawboy14
11/8/2017 7:58am
BobKerr wrote:
Eli will probably suffer the most as he has historically not been a good starter. Too bad Mike Alessi isn't racing this year. He could probably...

aees wrote:
There is zero chance Alessi could win a heat, zero. Out of 384 laps last season, some one else than Tomac, Dungey, Roczen and Musquin was...

Out of 384 laps last season, some one else than Tomac, Dungey, Roczen and Musquin was in the lead for - wait for it - 6 laps.

So no, there is no chance the middle to end pack guys en up on the box for 10 lap events.

So your saying there’s a chance? Smile
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/8/2017 8:03am
BobKerr wrote:

aees wrote:
There is zero chance Alessi could win a heat, zero. Out of 384 laps last season, some one else than Tomac, Dungey, Roczen and Musquin was...

kkawboy14 wrote:
So your saying there’s a chance? Smile
No chance whatsoever. Alessi is not even lining up lol.
TeamGreen
11/8/2017 8:24am
kkawboy14 wrote:
If Kawasaki doesn’t win the Championship this year I’m selling my KX and buying a KTM.........as if that’s gonna happen Smile
Kawi riders, obviously, go to Husky.

Pfffft!

Dude, you should'a known!

6 demerits & 200 push ups.

Laughing
bvm111
11/8/2017 9:11am
kkawboy14 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Kawi riders, obviously, go to Husky.

Pfffft!

Dude, you should'a known!

6 demerits & 200 push ups.

Laughing
That's what I said Manny!

I said to my wife I can only get the Husky 350 as it would fit with my Kawasaki... she doesn't understand and just looked at me like I'm weird.

Not my fault she is from Brazil and doesn't get it! Tongue
51xc
11/8/2017 12:49pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
don't count out the honda :p
11/8/2017 2:03pm
OT wrote:
Yeah... that's no different than crashing out of any of the other 14 races, the winner will still only get 26 points.
resetjet
11/8/2017 4:47pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
I just dont understand brand loyalty. Do they write you checks??????
agn5009
11/8/2017 4:52pm
I like Anderson a lot but what makes anyone think that he can consistently match speed with tomac and musquin? Hate to be a Debbie downer but this will be a tomac vs musquin show.
TeamGreen
11/8/2017 6:09pm
Jason is benefiting from:
Getting a bunch of hardware out of his foot...
Having a smart & sane MEC...
Getting plenty of time on his '18 race bike...
Heading to a few fun races and taking plenty of gates against some good competition in the "off season"...
Learning to Surf...
Jus' being happy...

11/8/2017 7:10pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Jason is benefiting from: Getting a bunch of hardware out of his foot... Having a smart & sane MEC... Getting plenty of time on his '18...
Heading to a few fun races and taking plenty of gates against some good competition in the "off season"...
Learning to Surf...
Jus' being happy...

Hell be clutch bro. Punching fucking tickets like pizza naps.
hyler199
11/8/2017 7:15pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Jason is benefiting from: Getting a bunch of hardware out of his foot... Having a smart & sane MEC... Getting plenty of time on his '18...
Learning to Surf...
Jus' being happy...

11/8/2017 7:25pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Learning to Surf...
Jus' being happy...

hyler199 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/08/224078/s1200_tgf.jpg[/img]

Smile I love that show! Wish there were more seasons. Anderson will be fun to watch This year.

Post a reply to: Jason Anderson most to benefit from new format? I hope so

The Latest