Jason Anderson hurt?

6/1/2018 11:30am
early wrote:
I believe in an interview with Weege when Tickle got popped he said that he is under the full-time wada surveillance program this year so wada...
I believe in an interview with Weege when Tickle got popped he said that he is under the full-time wada surveillance program this year so wada can show up at any time/any place and request a test, so the point is valid.
Look at the list of WADA banned substances. There are two categories: Prohibited In Competition, and Prohibited At All Times. Anderson is not in competition, so the only list that matters right now is the Prohibited at all times list. https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content/what-is-prohibited/prohibited-at-al…. What on that list do you think a doctor is going to give to a patient for with a compound fracture? I'll give you a hint. None of it.
early
Fantasy
2231st
6/1/2018 11:38am
Look at the list of WADA banned substances. There are two categories: Prohibited In Competition, and Prohibited At All Times. Anderson is not in competition, so...
Look at the list of WADA banned substances. There are two categories: Prohibited In Competition, and Prohibited At All Times. Anderson is not in competition, so the only list that matters right now is the Prohibited at all times list. https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content/what-is-prohibited/prohibited-at-al…. What on that list do you think a doctor is going to give to a patient for with a compound fracture? I'll give you a hint. None of it.
Well, I never saw that list. Guess ya got me.
hamncheeze
6/1/2018 12:45pm
early wrote:
So it's up to riders to make their own line off the track around a downed rider and it's up to the firemen/EMTs to stop practice...
So it's up to riders to make their own line off the track around a downed rider and it's up to the firemen/EMTs to stop practice and it's up to riders to stay safe because they sign a waiver that there are no flaggers and the track has nothing to do with any of these issues and still this statement is thrown out there "I guess if your under 40 you don’t have to accept any responsibility for your own actions"
This posting summarizes the absolute ridiculousness of this whole situation at Glen Helen. I cannot believe people pay good money to go ride at a place that is unwilling to provide the basics in safety.
plowboy
6/1/2018 5:10pm
A very unfortunate incident. We'd all like to be able to point a finger, assign blame, and fix the problem. It isn't that easy. Glen Helen, like any track must pay their bills AND make a profit or it goes away...plain and simple. 100 riders X 25 bucks probably barely covers equipment, fuel, utilities. I have no idea how much on site EMT's cost for 10 or 12 hours not to mention 10 flaggers. What I do believe is that a national caliber track that hosts "numerous" moto vacations and has national riders in attendance SHOULD be charging at least twice the current fee. Not trying to throw the local folks under the bus but it's an iconic track sprinkled with pro stars. The extra income might afford some additional safety features.

I also hope that earlier reports that Jason was hauling balls around the accident and nailed that poor dumbass kiwi aren't true. No slight to kiwi's...dumbass is a term of affection where I'm from. I'd of said "shit stain" if I was trying to be mean.

The Shop

dkg
6/1/2018 5:20pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Thank you all for your thoughts and opinions. My choice to defend the track I work at is that just mine. You have the right to...
Thank you all for your thoughts and opinions. My choice to defend the track I work at is that just mine. You have the right to attack the track and voice your opinion. From all I was told and read they did everything they could do to keep the downed rider safe. That’s the most important job they had to do.
What happened between Jason and the other rider happened off the track and and the other rider gave his statement. I know nothing about any of the riders speed so I cannot comment.
If you choose not to ride there that’s your choice. All I can ask is let’s keep it civil. Let’s hope Jason heals up, the rider who went down at the start of this is ok. There is no intent to hurt anyone but it’s a sport or profession that injuries happen.
Thank you for your calm and reasoned response. Glad to see you defending your employer. A lot of the criticism is way out of line. Only hope I have is that the best thing that can happen from this incident is it be used as an opportunity to review all aspects and used to develop procedures and personal rider responsibilities so similar things don’t occur in the future. It’s difficult to forseee how an off track incident like this can even occur.
ledger
6/1/2018 5:57pm
^^^ Agree with dkg. I would sure hate to see it go away.
6/1/2018 6:29pm
plowboy wrote:
A very unfortunate incident. We'd all like to be able to point a finger, assign blame, and fix the problem. It isn't that easy. Glen Helen...
A very unfortunate incident. We'd all like to be able to point a finger, assign blame, and fix the problem. It isn't that easy. Glen Helen, like any track must pay their bills AND make a profit or it goes away...plain and simple. 100 riders X 25 bucks probably barely covers equipment, fuel, utilities. I have no idea how much on site EMT's cost for 10 or 12 hours not to mention 10 flaggers. What I do believe is that a national caliber track that hosts "numerous" moto vacations and has national riders in attendance SHOULD be charging at least twice the current fee. Not trying to throw the local folks under the bus but it's an iconic track sprinkled with pro stars. The extra income might afford some additional safety features.

I also hope that earlier reports that Jason was hauling balls around the accident and nailed that poor dumbass kiwi aren't true. No slight to kiwi's...dumbass is a term of affection where I'm from. I'd of said "shit stain" if I was trying to be mean.
Fuck this, it's really easy to assign blame. Bud Feldman can join the 21st century and hire some goddamn flaggers. Get outta here with this.
swtwtwtw
6/1/2018 6:45pm
Well, the only sure change to make would be to empty the track until the injured rider is removed. Simple.
plowboy
6/1/2018 6:56pm
plowboy wrote:
A very unfortunate incident. We'd all like to be able to point a finger, assign blame, and fix the problem. It isn't that easy. Glen Helen...

Fuck this, it's really easy to assign blame. Bud Feldman can join the 21st century and hire some goddamn flaggers. Get outta here with this.
You didn't read my post. He SHOULD have flaggers/EMT's any time the track is open....but THE RIDERS are gonna have to pay for it vis a vis an increased gate fee. No track can run at a loss.
rmoto003
6/1/2018 7:01pm
wow

such vitrol...

easy way to fix this, which will cost exactly $0.00...

split practice!! crazy idea i know

its almost like you could break the day up into 3 20 minute segments for A/B, C/D, and minis

and just cycle them! Who woulda thunk it?
js451
6/1/2018 7:06pm
The exact same thing would of happened with flaggers , they went around the downed rider. It was an accident
plowboy
6/1/2018 7:20pm
rmoto003 wrote:
wow such vitrol... easy way to fix this, which will cost exactly $0.00... split practice!! crazy idea i know its almost like you could break the...
wow

such vitrol...

its almost like you could break the day up into 3 20 minute segments for A/B, C/D, and minis

If I hadn't been out to GH a few weeks ago...I'd agree with you. I saw kids on minis hucking all the jumps and carrying speeds the B guys couldn't match. I swear I thought those things were gonna blow on the big hills but those kids were scary fast. My point is...dividing by bike size may not fix the problem. Skill level might be better.
PEPE001
6/1/2018 7:58pm
Getting hurt while medical service is on the track on practice day is just stupid!
Flaggers or not!

If i read it right they have blocked the jump and they have to pass by.
Why in race speed or almost race speed.

Talking about boots.
A friend of mine lost a food by hitting a pole and ripped of the boot but the food was still in!
A boot will never be a 100% protection. It just can prevent some injuries not all!
slipdog
6/1/2018 8:52pm
Glenn Helen is rad, I'll still ride there. Shit happens all the time, just try not to step in it!
rmoto003
6/1/2018 10:02pm
rmoto003 wrote:
wow such vitrol... easy way to fix this, which will cost exactly $0.00... split practice!! crazy idea i know its almost like you could break the...
wow

such vitrol...

plowboy wrote:
If I hadn't been out to GH a few weeks ago...I'd agree with you. I saw kids on minis hucking all the jumps and carrying speeds...
If I hadn't been out to GH a few weeks ago...I'd agree with you. I saw kids on minis hucking all the jumps and carrying speeds the B guys couldn't match. I swear I thought those things were gonna blow on the big hills but those kids were scary fast. My point is...dividing by bike size may not fix the problem. Skill level might be better.
at (my) local track, the fast mini riders ride with the C/D big bikes or the A/B big bikes depending on how hard they send it.

Typically all somewhat-coherent 80'cc riders ride with the C/D practice. The mini practice is for like 65's, 50's, and pure beginners.
6/2/2018 12:38pm
PEPE001 wrote:
Getting hurt while medical service is on the track on practice day is just stupid! Flaggers or not! If i read it right they have blocked...
Getting hurt while medical service is on the track on practice day is just stupid!
Flaggers or not!

If i read it right they have blocked the jump and they have to pass by.
Why in race speed or almost race speed.

Talking about boots.
A friend of mine lost a food by hitting a pole and ripped of the boot but the food was still in!
A boot will never be a 100% protection. It just can prevent some injuries not all!
Every track I have ever been at, when first responders are on the track, the track is shut down. If the track staff does not shut it down, the first responders will insist on it. Something sounds strange about this situation.

As for JA, a compound fracture in the foot could take a long time to heal. Strange injury. Usually bone breaks in the foot are very stable because of all the soft tissue and other bones. Crazy to have a compound fracture in the foot.
Johnny Depp
6/14/2018 10:51am
Came across this photo I found interesting from MX Tech's facebook, they were right there too.

bvm111
6/15/2018 11:05am
Any updates on Jason's condition and prognosis for return?

How about the NZ dude that broke the shit out of his legs and ankles?

Post a reply to: Jason Anderson hurt?

The Latest