Jason Anderson hurt?

ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/31/2018 8:23pm
Got a little more info but can't share details. He's outta surgery now, it wasn't his leg but I'm gonna wait until the PR is dropped for them to release what exactly was injured.
mauidex
5/31/2018 8:26pm
GH better get a clue quick..............because someone in a situation like this is gonna get a very very good ambulance chaser lawyer and end up owning GH...........you think FTE?!??!!
Bruce372
5/31/2018 8:33pm
mauidex wrote:
GH better get a clue quick..............because someone in a situation like this is gonna get a very very good ambulance chaser lawyer and end up owning...
GH better get a clue quick..............because someone in a situation like this is gonna get a very very good ambulance chaser lawyer and end up owning GH...........you think FTE?!??!!
It was like this when I rode there in 2002. They won't change. Mr info will be along soon to spin it
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
5/31/2018 8:36pm
ML512 wrote:
Got a little more info but can't share details. He's outta surgery now, it wasn't his leg but I'm gonna wait until the PR is dropped...
Got a little more info but can't share details. He's outta surgery now, it wasn't his leg but I'm gonna wait until the PR is dropped for them to release what exactly was injured.
Fuckkkkk. Hip please. We know it ain't an arm injury

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
5/31/2018 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 8:47pm
mauidex wrote:
GH better get a clue quick..............because someone in a situation like this is gonna get a very very good ambulance chaser lawyer and end up owning...
I can’t understand how in the land of sue everything this has not happened yet
5/31/2018 8:44pm
I was at a practice day at Glen Helen a while back, years ago. Was with some fireman guys in the pits after riding a bit and a track worker drove over to him (he knew he was a fireman) and ask if he could help, they had a rider down. We went over to the injured rider and they started CPR. I took his bike and we blocked off that section of track. I had riders still riding and got pissed at me for blocking the track. Guy stopped with his bike and start yelling at me to move the injured rider so they could practice. I then explained to him that we could not move him yet, because he was DEAD, you stupid *uck.
Mr. Info
5/31/2018 8:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 8:46pm
Why mauidex what are they going to sue for. 2 riders collided off the track sent there to avoid a downed rider. Sign at the gates no flaggers. Each rider signs a release accepting this.
Flagging was not the issue here. The Fire Dept could have asked them to stop for safety reasons if they felt threatened or in danger but did not ask for that and they can and have done so before. The Fire Paramedic and Truck was there in 7 minutes from first call from staff and started treatment that an EMT could not. It sounds like the rider who turned in front of Jason did not see him coming. I don’t know about a speed issue with Jason cause I was not there. Why is it always sue, I guess if your under 40 you don’t have to accept any responsibility for your own actions. My last post on this because to many people making comments about 2nd hand information.
Beeby
5/31/2018 8:57pm
I honestly don’t understand what the country of origin of a person involved in an accident has to do with anything. This whole ‘kiwi tourist’ thing. Motorsport is dangerous, we accept there are risks when we take part. If the track is negligent that is one thing but it sounds like this was an accident and I’m sure the person(s) involved feel shit.

Anderson and the other parties. I mean, imagine being the guy involved in the ruining of JA’s season!
JoePit
5/31/2018 8:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 9:01pm
We get over 100 riders at our track and have no flaggers on practice days. They do split practice small bike/big bike though. If it gets real busy they will split 3 ways. They do have a medic present but I just can't see how they could afford to pay flaggers. I love how easy some of you make this all sound. Huge freaking facility making $2500 and you think there is money left over to pay for 20 flaggers.

I do wish they would split the practice I would love to bring my son out there to ride but 50's and 65's running on tracks with 450's is like playing Russian Roulette. Practice needs to be split and that's the bottom line.

Bruce372
5/31/2018 9:16pm
Mr. Info wrote:
Why mauidex what are they going to sue for. 2 riders collided off the track sent there to avoid a downed rider. Sign at the gates...
Why mauidex what are they going to sue for. 2 riders collided off the track sent there to avoid a downed rider. Sign at the gates no flaggers. Each rider signs a release accepting this.
Flagging was not the issue here. The Fire Dept could have asked them to stop for safety reasons if they felt threatened or in danger but did not ask for that and they can and have done so before. The Fire Paramedic and Truck was there in 7 minutes from first call from staff and started treatment that an EMT could not. It sounds like the rider who turned in front of Jason did not see him coming. I don’t know about a speed issue with Jason cause I was not there. Why is it always sue, I guess if your under 40 you don’t have to accept any responsibility for your own actions. My last post on this because to many people making comments about 2nd hand information.
Dude. It's a shit show . Please stop defending.
JVT357
Fantasy
3153rd
5/31/2018 9:29pm
Compound fracture of foot according to JA21 instagram
Ted722
5/31/2018 9:31pm
Too bad it takes an incident like this to gain visibility on the problem. If it was Joe C Class would we have ever heard about it? When we go into and sign the waiver at the gate we all don’t expect an outcome such as this. But, it happens.

Life and riding/racing/practicing is all about choices. If I lived down there, there’s no way in hell I spend another dollar at Glen Helen. Hindsight’s 20/20, but it’s crystal clear to this old Vet.

Are we immune to this up here? Hell no. I’ve witnessed practice days where I can’t believe certain sections don’t have a flagger.

This isn’t 1998 on a mellow track with 20 less hp and every class and its brother (thankfully) not being mixed together.

It’s been mentioned here, but riders should have the opportunity for volunteering to man an area. Promoted/required and possibly reciprocally compensated by the track owner and/or organizer, too. Would cost a lot less than losing a shit ton of riders never showing up again or litigation in a lawsuit.

There’s a reason the MXoN won’t be there ever again. Your dollars are more important than any of you.
gnarwhip
5/31/2018 9:44pm
We have an eye-witness account of what happened, yet we still have people making outrageous claims. Ok
loftyair
5/31/2018 9:48pm
So sorry to all involved. I have to say though, split practice...sucks! Talk about being antsy, and 'having' to ride over your head just to get as many laps in as possible before getting the boot. Ive ridden both northwest and southwest, alot. The split practice is shit. Seems like a good idea, but doesn't work that way.
slipdog
5/31/2018 9:49pm
gnarwhip wrote:
We have an eye-witness account of what happened, yet we still have people making outrageous claims. Ok
I never liked those little green fruits
willie838
5/31/2018 9:53pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Meanwhile Tomac pounding out laps in privacy of Colorado and Marvin hammering down with Aldon in Florida. Why these guys risk riding on open tracks is...
Meanwhile Tomac pounding out laps in privacy of Colorado and Marvin hammering down with Aldon in Florida. Why these guys risk riding on open tracks is beyond me. And why can't Glen Helen just have two 1 hour sessions on Thursdays for pros only?? That place seems so greedy....already selling every square inch at the National, then letting every squid in so Cal on for practice. JFC.
for real...

having a multi million dollar contracted rider riding with joe blow from scuzzlebutt montana seems like a recipe for disaster.

it's like driving a ferrari at race pace around a parking lot filled with student drivers.

who could see something going wrong here.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
5/31/2018 10:05pm
JVT357 wrote:
Compound fracture of foot according to JA21 instagram
Thanks for the update. A broken foot ain't the end of the world.
swtwtwtw
5/31/2018 10:23pm
F1prerun wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/31/265094/s1200_50516A9C_8CF0_49C9_8D67_AEBC1DFCD35D.jpg[/img]

Been there done similar when I was 31. I was back at it in 15 days. I was quite happy. Dr said there was good blood flow. I wish you same ja21. Back in 3 weeks. ??
5/31/2018 10:24pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Meanwhile Tomac pounding out laps in privacy of Colorado and Marvin hammering down with Aldon in Florida. Why these guys risk riding on open tracks is...
Meanwhile Tomac pounding out laps in privacy of Colorado and Marvin hammering down with Aldon in Florida. Why these guys risk riding on open tracks is beyond me. And why can't Glen Helen just have two 1 hour sessions on Thursdays for pros only?? That place seems so greedy....already selling every square inch at the National, then letting every squid in so Cal on for practice. JFC.
willie838 wrote:
for real... having a multi million dollar contracted rider riding with joe blow from scuzzlebutt montana seems like a recipe for disaster. it's like driving a...
for real...

having a multi million dollar contracted rider riding with joe blow from scuzzlebutt montana seems like a recipe for disaster.

it's like driving a ferrari at race pace around a parking lot filled with student drivers.

who could see something going wrong here.
Musquin was at Glen Helen not in Florida with Aldon
5/31/2018 10:36pm
JoePit wrote:
We get over 100 riders at our track and have no flaggers on practice days. They do split practice small bike/big bike though. If it gets...
We get over 100 riders at our track and have no flaggers on practice days. They do split practice small bike/big bike though. If it gets real busy they will split 3 ways. They do have a medic present but I just can't see how they could afford to pay flaggers. I love how easy some of you make this all sound. Huge freaking facility making $2500 and you think there is money left over to pay for 20 flaggers.

I do wish they would split the practice I would love to bring my son out there to ride but 50's and 65's running on tracks with 450's is like playing Russian Roulette. Practice needs to be split and that's the bottom line.

Your track ain't Glen Helen. Highly doubt you take anywhere close to the risks that locals at GH do with some of the stuff they're riding 5 days after a freaking national.
5/31/2018 10:40pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Marvin was at Glen Helen..
I don’t get why everyone chooses to ride at Glen Helen- Everyone supposedly hates it and has more public on it than any other track. Stupid
make1go
5/31/2018 10:46pm
booth112 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/31/265089/s1200_8C8D3291_14F5_4467_BAF0_D62ACA48B63D.jpg[/img]

hope theres no "in hospital" testing or he has tue for morf..

juzjoshin.

i assume there IS some clause that means his career isnt under threat by testing right now?
captmoto
5/31/2018 10:50pm
I was at a practice day at Glen Helen a while back, years ago. Was with some fireman guys in the pits after riding a bit...
I was at a practice day at Glen Helen a while back, years ago. Was with some fireman guys in the pits after riding a bit and a track worker drove over to him (he knew he was a fireman) and ask if he could help, they had a rider down. We went over to the injured rider and they started CPR. I took his bike and we blocked off that section of track. I had riders still riding and got pissed at me for blocking the track. Guy stopped with his bike and start yelling at me to move the injured rider so they could practice. I then explained to him that we could not move him yet, because he was DEAD, you stupid *uck.
That might have been me. Was is it going back into the canyon? The guy was on and old XR?
drt410
6/1/2018 3:35am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2018 3:37am
109 wrote:
This isn’t a track/rider ability issue. There was a rider on the track with a broken femur, two broke ankles and. Compound fracture to his heel...
This isn’t a track/rider ability issue.
There was a rider on the track with a broken femur, two broke ankles and. Compound fracture to his heel.
A rider blocked the blind jump to protect him and without direction from staff (as there are none), the riders cut the jump out and continued there Moto at full speed without due care of the downed rider, other riders helping or spectators helping during the 20 minutes it took for ambulance to arrive.
Musquin’s bike didn’t leave the pits and Roczen went and played on the hip jump out back.
Everyone else held Race pace blasting passed medics and fire dept guys.
The pros need to set a better example and be held to a higher standard than squids and goons, they are the face of the sport and looked like a bunch of idiots today riding without due care and attention.

Oh boy.....first hand witness.....totally slayed this thread.

can't argue that.
Jeeezzz thats bad. How is that guy going to work for the next 6 months with his entire lower body destroyed? Sounds like JA was being an idiot. Sucks to hear. Like someone mentioned on the other thread there was literally a rider DEAD on the track at GH and people were still ripping around with no regard for anybodys safety and even bitching about the guy being in the way. They complained about a dead body being in the way of their riding..... Are you f***** serious? Is getting in a couple more laps THAT important that you need to literally risk everybodys life at the track including your own? Smarten the hell up. Sucks to say but sounds like JA got some karma if the other riders knew to stay off and he had to go out and ride like a dick while this guy is destroyed on the track.

Post a reply to: Jason Anderson hurt?

The Latest