Jason Anderson hurt?

RandyS
5/31/2018 3:13pm
Mr. Info wrote:
And 500guy what he does for Business has nothing to do with any of this. And the Business is his son's. Dr. Feldkamp is retired. And...
And 500guy what he does for Business has nothing to do with any of this. And the Business is his son's. Dr. Feldkamp is retired. And what was said between Davey and Bud talked about by other people on other shows is their business and not ours to make bigger issues of it.
I am pretty sure Davey will tell you the same thing. For one I was there and somewhat involved and I also spoke to Davey Saturday night and shook hands and said we will talk later and Davey being a Man of his Word we did and all is good.
I am pretty sure they will discuss some issues and all will be resolved.
It make a difference to me.
Lucifa.
5/31/2018 3:15pm
Mr. Info wrote:
As with all normal Thursday practices at Glen Helen this time of year, the Pros were in full force testing for the AMA Nationals. Unfortunately, someone...
As with all normal Thursday practices at Glen Helen this time of year, the Pros were in full force testing for the AMA Nationals. Unfortunately, someone crashed overt he Wall Jump before the finish line. People were flagging riders around the jump. Jason Anderson, as well as the other riders, were going around the rider at a slow and cautious pace through the infied. When Jason approached the site of the downed rider, another rider was on the right side of him, and all of sudden Jason and the other rider collided. It was a strange crash because neither rider was on the race track, but instead were on the infield going around the fallen rider and firemen on the scene.
Jason Anderson was on the ground after he and another rider collided while riding by a fallen rider being attended to by medics.
Both riders lay on the ground, with Jason getting carried out by his mechanice. Jason was holding his right foot. We hope he is okay.
Jason left the track immediately and we did not get a chance to talk to him, but we did talk to the other rider involved in the collision. He did not want his named mentions because he did not want “everyone to hate me.” He was a vacationing rider from New Zealand who was in SoCal on a motocross holiday with one of the many Moto-Vacation companies.

This is how he described what happened, “A rider went down beyond the Wall Jump before the finish line jump. The track crew blocked the Wall Jump and made us go around it and the fallen rider before re-entering the track. I was going slow and when I looked over at the injured rider I saw that it as my friend. I wasn’t on the track, but on the infield, I turned towards the track and didn’t realize that Jason Anderson was behind me. He came out of nowhere.. He clipped my bars and we went down. I think his foot got wedged in my front end. I landed on my left side and was down for a bit, I’m a little bit bruised.”

The rider who crashed over the Wall Jump had two broken ankles. Jason’s injuries are unconfirmed at this time, but it should be noted that not all media reports are accurate. Neither Anderson or the Kiwi rider that he collided with were going to the aid of rider who crashed over the Wall Jump. They were just riding by in the infield to get around the original crash site. And as reported above, the New Zealand rider suffered only minor injuries in the collision. We will have to wait for a medical update from Rockstar Husqvarna on Anderson’s condition.

This information was provided by Dennis , Daryl and Jody. The riders were not riding that fast through the infield when the accident happened

That Damned Kiwi.........

Get well soon JA21.
RandyS
5/31/2018 3:21pm
RandyS wrote:
disbanded wrote:
Then don't ride there
Haven't in 20 years and won't, I'm responding to him saying it has nothing to do with a discussion about GH.

The Shop

jgmxdad251
5/31/2018 3:28pm
Pretty sure Jay started that and I don't like it either but, it's the Vital way!
m121c
5/31/2018 3:35pm
Im from the midwest, but spent some time out west a couple of years ago and was it an adjustment getting used to the general public. I'm no pro but I'm a decent A rider and was basically training to spend my summer chasing Pro-Ams for points. It was definitely a big change getting used to open track all day, mixed in with the bike vacation people, minis, kids being trained/schooled that cut the track and run sections, etc.

In the midwest, at least the tracks I go to (MC-Motopark is probably the best at this), practices are split depending on number of riders, skill set of riders, and minis. With 20-30min practice sessions it works out well, allows for track maintenance, and gives riders a good break.

In addition, on-site EMT and on the large jumps/blind spots (MC Motopark at least) there are caution lights that can be flipped from the spectator viewing area. Usually there is always someone on hand (generally Reid the owner) in a mule watching everything going on and is quick to react if a large crash happens. Keep in mind, this is in Illinois, we don't have the population of riders like California...

In my time out there though, GH is the one track I never got to ride. I went there twice, first time I went it was super cloudy with a small chance of rain, as soon as we parked it started to dump rain. There was only 3 other trucks there plus Ken Roczen with the RCH crew, they would not give a refund (to be fair there was a sign) but we spent literally 20 minutes there watching KR94 pound out a mud moto on the REM track with a stock 450. Second time, I blew my wheels apart the two days before at Perris and couldn't ride.

The most annoying thing was when the trainers would have their kids do sections. Don't know how many times I about got cleaned out when some one would come flying on the track after a large jump or something.

Pretty much always unorganized chaos it seemed like.

xr70
5/31/2018 3:37pm
There is something about the riders on vacation here ! Couple months ago rider from Germany on vacation here enter the track in milestone in wrong direction and got hit head on over double by one of the local pros. The pro was ok but not the German, he was injured really bad.
Jrewing
5/31/2018 3:40pm
Don't mess with Kiwis aye bro!

Poor fella two broken ankles
NorCal 50+
5/31/2018 3:41pm
motoxxx599 wrote:
The photoshoppers could have fun with his one: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/31/264997/s1200_9A777FC7_AF85_4663_87BC_7E3009380F5E.jpg[/img]
The photoshoppers could have fun with his one:

Look at how short his arm looks. That will dig up some old post.
I am sure someone else said this, but going straight to memes and jokes on this pic is lame. The guy is injured, it's not really humorous.
RandyS
5/31/2018 3:46pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I am sure someone else said this, but going straight to memes and jokes on this pic is lame. The guy is injured, it's not really...
I am sure someone else said this, but going straight to memes and jokes on this pic is lame. The guy is injured, it's not really humorous.
I see what you did there, probably tib/fib but someone did say something about his arm. In all seriousness, JA21 has been my #2 since Dungey retired, will probably be #1 when/if Reed retires but WTF. These guys would never get on a SX track with a bunch of amateurs, what are they doing riding outdoors with them.
plowboy
5/31/2018 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 4:09pm
Crap, I posted something witty and tried to edit to correct misspellings and deleted the whole thing.

Basically, Jason had a freak accident at a national level track that should probably charge a bit more so they can provide flaggers and EMT's. And the track is owned by a fella that has business interests in something that is highly divisive in our country, but is totally legal. If this thread can avoid the dumbgeon....it may be the mother lode fellas.
Tonynz
5/31/2018 3:52pm
The couple of times I have been to Glen Helen to ride, I always ride the REM track, only ever done 1 lap around the main track.
BMSOBx2
5/31/2018 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 3:57pm
Mr. Info wrote:
And 500guy what he does for Business has nothing to do with any of this. And the Business is his son's. Dr. Feldkamp is retired. And...
And 500guy what he does for Business has nothing to do with any of this. And the Business is his son's. Dr. Feldkamp is retired. And what was said between Davey and Bud talked about by other people on other shows is their business and not ours to make bigger issues of it.
I am pretty sure Davey will tell you the same thing. For one I was there and somewhat involved and I also spoke to Davey Saturday night and shook hands and said we will talk later and Davey being a Man of his Word we did and all is good.
I am pretty sure they will discuss some issues and all will be resolved.
RandyS wrote:
In what way? I fail to see any relevance to the subject at hand. Why Jay felt the need to put that out there is beyond me. Wow
plowboy
5/31/2018 3:56pm
If I paid my entry fee and signed a release to ride a national track with badass pros....I'd be out there till the sun went down. But I also am VERY aware of what I'm doing and how to get passed safely....it happens often enough I'm an expert.Pinch
JVT357
Fantasy
3149th
5/31/2018 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 3:59pm

from dean Wilson IG
hamncheeze
5/31/2018 4:04pm
Mr Info there is a bit of a conflict in your report. Clipped sections:

This is how he described what happened, “A rider went down beyond the Wall Jump before the finish line jump. The track crew blocked the Wall Jump and made us go around it and the fallen rider before re-entering the track. I was going slow and when I looked over at the injured rider I saw that it as my friend. I wasn’t on the track, but on the infield, I turned towards the track and didn’t realize that Jason Anderson was behind me. He came out of nowhere.. He clipped my bars and we went down. I think his foot got wedged in my front end. I landed on my left side and was down for a bit, I’m a little bit bruised.”

The rider who crashed over the Wall Jump had two broken ankles. Jason’s injuries are unconfirmed at this time, but it should be noted that not all media reports are accurate. Neither Anderson or the Kiwi rider that he collided with were going to the aid of rider who crashed over the Wall Jump. They were just riding by in the infield to get around the original crash site. And as reported above, the New Zealand rider suffered only minor injuries in the collision. We will have to wait for a medical update from Rockstar Husqvarna on Anderson’s condition.

Now to me it seems that the Kiwi guy saw his buddy and made a quick turn that Anderson was probably not expecting. The story in the next paragraph sounds like damage control. Man, I hope JA is OK to keep racing. This 450 class is already way too lean and we aren't even in June yet.

RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
5/31/2018 4:06pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Mr Info there is a bit of a conflict in your report. Clipped sections: This is how he described what happened, “A rider went down beyond...
Mr Info there is a bit of a conflict in your report. Clipped sections:

Now to me it seems that the Kiwi guy saw his buddy and made a quick turn that Anderson was probably not expecting. The story in the next paragraph sounds like damage control. Man, I hope JA is OK to keep racing. This 450 class is already way too lean and we aren't even in June yet.

At first I thought that was conflicting, but since the riders were being routed off the track, when he said "turned towards the track" he may have meant that he was turning to get back on the track after the bypass. But just a guess.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/31/2018 4:16pm
Jason Anderson heads into surgery in two hours.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/31/2018 4:18pm
ML512 wrote:
Getting plated? Was it tib/fib?
Kyle_McNab
5/31/2018 4:19pm
That’s stupid. Is it that hard to not split practice for the pros shit. Thought someone would get that after wilson
hamncheeze
5/31/2018 4:24pm
ML512 wrote:
Damn ML, this is not the news I wanted to be reading. This really sucks for JA, Rockstar and the Pro Motocross series.
Johnny Depp
5/31/2018 4:29pm
Early reports here indicate JA21 was speeding in an accident scene controlled area.

I hate that he’s hurt, but the throttle goes both ways.
mxpro252
5/31/2018 4:34pm
ML512 wrote:
Wow, well hoping for a fast recovery.
5/31/2018 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 4:44pm
Gutted for JA21....

Depending on the severity of the injury, I wonder if this hurts or helps his chances at riding for USA at MXoN. Could be fresh (healed and not burnt out from the Outdoors) and ready to go, or still on the mend and his team not wanting to take any chances before Monster Cup (as blasphemous as I find the latter to be, it is indeed "a thing")
plowboy
5/31/2018 4:47pm
Early reports here indicate JA21 was speeding in an accident scene controlled area.

I hate that he’s hurt, but the throttle goes both ways.
From what I've read in this thread already....unless you were there and witnessed it first hand...let's not throw shade just yet. Peace.
MR. X
5/31/2018 4:47pm
Now that he's injured ,its a good thing he doesn't live at altitude .
JRT812
5/31/2018 4:53pm
Good grief. This year has been rough
KBOLTZ
5/31/2018 4:57pm
Stupid not to have flaggers at GH not that it had anything to do with this incident because it seems that Fire was already on scene and the riders were being routed off the area of track with the downed rider.

Regardless of that fact, every track needs flaggers at all times and split practice on busy days.

Sad to say but nothing will happen until riders get together and protest these safety issues... but even more sad is that prob will never happen.
5/31/2018 5:20pm
I don't get these factory teams going to these tracks when they are open to the public. Rent the track one day a week if you feel like it is that good for testing. Or by some land somewhere and build your own track. If I can afford my own land and private place to ride on my measly income, I know they could figure out some way to fund it. Now Husky is riderless, seems like a no brainer to me.
jeffro503
5/31/2018 5:28pm
UpTiTe wrote:
If it hasn't been posted yet, it's for sure a broken leg.
Ryno23 wrote:
well shit... Thanks for the info. Get well soon JA21
Well son of a bitch! Ok , now this really sucks!

Post a reply to: Jason Anderson hurt?

The Latest