Jason Anderson allready in Europe preparing for Assen MXoN?

mxactive
Edited Date/Time 9/10/2019 1:10pm

"Hopping on my flight to get ready for MXON! Just wanted to say thanks for all the fan support all summer. 2019 has been a roller coaster year personally just dealing with life and injuries but all the support helped me have the most fun summer I’ve ever had and my most successful summer!
Thank you all! #teamfried"

Almost full month of preperation in Europe? How about Zach Osborne and Justin Cooper? When are they coming to Europe?

|
ayearinmx
9/2/2019 5:29am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2019 5:31am
damn..... the MXGP series needs to finish their season earlier so that the American riders don't get such an advantage with all this sand prep time... while they're riding hard pack in Turkey and China Whistling

i'm kidding.... i think it's awesome that Anderson is coming over and I'm sure he'll make a bunch of new fans when he's out and about in Holland
tcallahan707
9/2/2019 5:53am
ayearinmx wrote:
damn..... the MXGP series needs to finish their season earlier so that the American riders don't get such an advantage with all this sand prep time...
damn..... the MXGP series needs to finish their season earlier so that the American riders don't get such an advantage with all this sand prep time... while they're riding hard pack in Turkey and China Whistling

i'm kidding.... i think it's awesome that Anderson is coming over and I'm sure he'll make a bunch of new fans when he's out and about in Holland
#teamfried and Holland are gonna vibe fo sho.
9/2/2019 5:56am
Anderson and Osborne are beasts. I really think that they'll work their arses off this next month and surprise everyone. I'm gonna say that USA is on the podium this year. Saying that, Cooper might need to have his ass handed to him before he realises what he's up against. I saw a clip of him saying that if he could have the traits of ANY previous rider, he'd still pick his own raw speed. Even over Stewart, Carmichael, Villopoto, Tomac, etc., he'd pick himself. It's great to have self confidence, but that's something else. I hope he takes the challenge ahead of him seriously and knuckles down. If not, USA might be lucky to get fourth!

The Shop

Markee
Fantasy
1890th
9/2/2019 6:02am
Anderson and Osborne are beasts. I really think that they'll work their arses off this next month and surprise everyone. I'm gonna say that USA is...
Anderson and Osborne are beasts. I really think that they'll work their arses off this next month and surprise everyone. I'm gonna say that USA is on the podium this year. Saying that, Cooper might need to have his ass handed to him before he realises what he's up against. I saw a clip of him saying that if he could have the traits of ANY previous rider, he'd still pick his own raw speed. Even over Stewart, Carmichael, Villopoto, Tomac, etc., he'd pick himself. It's great to have self confidence, but that's something else. I hope he takes the challenge ahead of him seriously and knuckles down. If not, USA might be lucky to get fourth!
Coop is there to get good starts, if he does that and just does his best, thats all anyone could ask.

I really could have cared less about this years race, UNTIL.. Ando and Zacko were picked and then are going early, awesome. Now Im stoked on watching.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/2/2019 6:06am
Awesome! With this approach they are a threat to win the whole thing. The Netherlands are going to be tough to beat, but anything can happen at that race.
DonM
9/2/2019 6:06am
mxactive wrote:
Jason Anderson allready in Europe preparing for Assen MXoN? "Hopping on my flight to get ready for MXON! Just wanted to say thanks for all the...

"Hopping on my flight to get ready for MXON! Just wanted to say thanks for all the fan support all summer. 2019 has been a roller coaster year personally just dealing with life and injuries but all the support helped me have the most fun summer I’ve ever had and my most successful summer!
Thank you all! #teamfried"

Almost full month of preperation in Europe? How about Zach Osborne and Justin Cooper? When are they coming to Europe?

Zach will be there next week and Cooper the week after they all plan on riding and training together.
Bidirella
9/2/2019 6:12am
Then he can line up at the Dutch championship in Lierop this sundayLaughing
motogrady
9/2/2019 6:21am
Bidirella wrote:
That might not be a bad idea.
steed 2.0
9/2/2019 6:25am
ayearinmx wrote:
damn..... the MXGP series needs to finish their season earlier so that the American riders don't get such an advantage with all this sand prep time...

If my intel is correct ( why not?! it’s straight for the horse mouth ) they are in Eindhoven.
Journos let the hunt begins 😜... 🚐 look out for black Mercedes vans with 🏴 🇬🇧 numberplates 😂🖕
9/2/2019 6:36am
Bidirella wrote:
Seriously. You can't truly replicate race conditions in practice.
tek14
9/2/2019 7:00am
Month... bet he will do testing week or so and goes back to home. Or does he just hop on plane from Cali to Florida.. im missing something you see.
GODZILLA
9/2/2019 7:04am
Bet he's gonna party for 3 weeks testing belgian and dutch beers...
Laughing
agn5009
9/2/2019 7:09am
What’s the question mark for? He literally says what he’s doing in his post. Anyways, I have so much respect for JA. It’s awesome he’s putting this much time into the MXDN.
Zooki
9/2/2019 7:31am
Anderson and Osborne are beasts. I really think that they'll work their arses off this next month and surprise everyone. I'm gonna say that USA is...
Markee wrote:
Coop is there to get good starts, if he does that and just does his best, thats all anyone could ask. I really could have cared...
Coop is there to get good starts, if he does that and just does his best, thats all anyone could ask.

I really could have cared less about this years race, UNTIL.. Ando and Zacko were picked and then are going early, awesome. Now Im stoked on watching.
For sure, that's all that can be asked of him but he's still the wild card on the team.

In defense of ProbablyDave, Cooper is the last team member going to the NL so he'll have the least amount of prep on European soil. Add to that his overall inexperience and the chance that his confidence gets shaken quickly against tough competition in deep sand.

Maybe Barcia would have been a less risky pick for MX2?
agn5009
9/2/2019 7:38am
Markee wrote:
Coop is there to get good starts, if he does that and just does his best, thats all anyone could ask. I really could have cared...

Zooki wrote:
For sure, that's all that can be asked of him but he's still the wild card on the team. In defense of [i]ProbablyDave[/i], Cooper is the...
For sure, that's all that can be asked of him but he's still the wild card on the team.

In defense of ProbablyDave, Cooper is the last team member going to the NL so he'll have the least amount of prep on European soil. Add to that his overall inexperience and the chance that his confidence gets shaken quickly against tough competition in deep sand.

Maybe Barcia would have been a less risky pick for MX2?
Stop man. Seriously. Cooper is our guy, get over it and support him.
9/2/2019 7:49am
He and Zacho had said several times they were going over for 4+ weeks to train and ride. Cooper will join them for 2 weeks. It's still a challenge, but to say we're not committed won't be the excuse this time.
9/2/2019 8:01am
This is great news, I hope they win and revitalise the American enthusiasm for the MXDN.
An American win for a so called B team in the sand can only be good for the sport as a whole in the long run.
Barrett57
9/2/2019 8:07am
They represent America well, there's no whinging or lack of effort on their part and they are obviously going to put the work in.

I genuinely hope they do well.
9/2/2019 8:10am
This is not a B team. 450sx champ. 250sx champ with GP experience and solid top 3 250 guy. Let's call them what they are. Americas best riders willing to represent our country. That alone makes them our A team.
Fox88
Fantasy
22nd
9/2/2019 8:22am
We probably watched the same clip - I think it was a piece about what would make the perfect rider, and Justin Cooper said he would take his own raw speed and Carmichael's preparation, or something of that matter. I thought it was a perfect attitude for him to have. The kid has demonstrated plenty of raw speed via lap times, holeshots and laps led early, but could benefit from some GOAT mentality.
steed 2.0
9/2/2019 8:27am
This is not a B team. 450sx champ. 250sx champ with GP experience and solid top 3 250 guy. Let's call them what they are. Americas...
This is not a B team. 450sx champ. 250sx champ with GP experience and solid top 3 250 guy. Let's call them what they are. Americas best riders willing to represent our country. That alone makes them our A team.
Germany, Great Britain and France all weakened...
I call it they podium ( you know what they say, when you least expect it expect the unexpected )
TeamGreen
9/2/2019 8:32am
They're gonna enjoy themselves and I'm quite sure they'll be ready for the Assen Whoop-De-Do-Cross.
mxracer71
Fantasy
2442nd
9/2/2019 8:46am
we all know cooper can get starts and he is super fast. He's a super light small kid so that will help him little i think. I think the biggest thing that will hurt him is his fitness. Assen is going to separate the men from the boys no doubt.
Maestro
9/2/2019 10:26am
Fantastic attitude from Anderson, Whacko, and Cooper. I imagine that Roger will be more than happy with that level of commitment. USA should hopefully do much better than last year....I hope so anyway. You gotta respect the effort the team are putting in. Zach would be my pick for a semi-surprise podium result. I expect to see both him and Anderson towards the front. Its gonna be an awesome race for sure!
9/2/2019 10:45am
This is awesome. I’m not the biggest JA fan, but this is the kind of guy I would love to have on my team.
kkawboy14
9/2/2019 10:47am
Anderson won over there the last time he raced........the first moto.....
steed 2.0
9/2/2019 11:24am
TeamGreen wrote:
They're gonna enjoy themselves and I'm quite sure they'll be ready for the Assen Whoop-De-Do-Cross.
Just for the Euros Cooper rode this stuff as kid well, I call it sand...

https://youtu.be/VftRtOR22R4

oh and a fun fact Cooper is a language corruption of Kuyper + New Jersey dah... wouldn't surprise me one bit If he had some Dutch roots as well.

Post a reply to: Jason Anderson allready in Europe preparing for Assen MXoN?

The Latest