January motocross trip// Where to go?

12/10/2017 8:51am
Hey Guys,

I live in Quebec, Canada and its pooring snow here so I am planning a trip in the US with a sprinter motorhome during the month of january. I was thinking about California
What do you think?

I am looking for a nice track to improve for someone that has been riding for the last 2-3 years and with a lot of riding time avalaible.
Maybe a place I could get some coaching as well?

Thanks for your advice

Pierre
|
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
12/10/2017 8:53am
Much ty
moto314
12/10/2017 9:28am
The southeast might be better?
mtl
12/10/2017 9:30am
Clubmx is closer than Cali. So is all of North Florida.

Dirt is better too.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
12/10/2017 9:56am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 7:27pm
California would be amazing but a long haul from Quebec.

Lots of good tracks in Florida. Every heard of Durhamtown in Georgia?

The Shop

NorCal 50+
12/10/2017 10:32am
I have been in Idaho/Utah for work lately. Probably the most beautiful part of the country I have ever seen. I don't know what tracks are there, but there is lots of off-road.

12/10/2017 10:34am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 10:51am
mtl wrote:
Clubmx is closer than Cali. So is all of North Florida.

Dirt is better too.
ClubMX is a-maz-ing. Lots of other top notch facilities here in the Southeast too... I recommend reconsidering your choice of coasts. Moto-Vated in Columbia, SC has a lot to offer, and Durhamtown in Georgia would be a 2hr trip from Moto-Vated
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
12/10/2017 10:50am
Hey Guys, I live in Quebec, Canada and its pooring snow here so I am planning a trip in the US with a sprinter motorhome during...
Hey Guys,

I live in Quebec, Canada and its pooring snow here so I am planning a trip in the US with a sprinter motorhome during the month of january. I was thinking about California
What do you think?

I am looking for a nice track to improve for someone that has been riding for the last 2-3 years and with a lot of riding time avalaible.

Thanks for your advice

Pierre
Pierre combien de temps off que tu prend? Californie c'est loin en criss du Quebec. Si je serai toi je regarderai a Caroline du Sud, Georgie/Floride. Plein de choix.
Yzf916
12/10/2017 11:28am
Monster Mountain. Tallassee, Alabama.
crc245
12/10/2017 11:53am
Check one off the bucket-list and do it! With some planning you'll be able to watch a few SX races, ride some amazing tracks, and enjoy California's beautiful Winter weather. Most SoCal tracks (Pala, Cahuilla Creek, Elsinore, Perris, Milestone, Glen Helen, Competitive Edge, Sunrise, LACR) have a Vet track option for a less experienced (2-3 years riding) riders.

There are also TONS of coaching options as well (Though I would’t recommend singing up for a Jeff Alessi session anytime soon)…

http://www.stapomx.com/

https://www.slmxschool.com/

http://championmx.com/

http://www.dubachracing.com/riding-schools/

https://motocross.transworld.net/news/mx-university-athlete-progression/
12/10/2017 12:17pm
I have been researching a similar trip. Right now these tracks are on the radar:

MP County Line
North Florida Motocross
Mesa Motocross Park
Pax Trax (uniqe dirt it appears)
Bartow Motocross
Dade City (they do Thursday night practices)

Leave on a Wednesday morning from Michigan. Thursday night Dade City practice. Then any of the tracks above that do open practice on Saturday.
tobz
12/10/2017 3:13pm
Hey Guys, I live in Quebec, Canada and its pooring snow here so I am planning a trip in the US with a sprinter motorhome during...
Hey Guys,

What do you think?

Thanks for your advice

Pierre
I'll be around CA from the 17th of Jan, till early Feb Silly can't wait, keep as up to date with your movements!
team186
12/10/2017 3:54pm
Killer new where to ride off road app. Races tracks riding areas maps web site links phone numbers user calendar, etc. Used it on recent riding trip to Texas. Worked great. I'm from KY two practice spots on app I didn't know we had in east KY. Rode at one this past weekend. Emailed app guys to thank turns out they're moto freaks sent me Black Friday bike graphics coupon. Free for tracks and practice places to get found or listed. Users (us) got to pay small amount to get app. Check it out.

https://www.motoguideapp.com/
MattyVicious
Fantasy
508th
12/10/2017 4:31pm
Hey Guys,

What do you think?

Thanks for your advice

Pierre
Pouring*
Zoom
12/10/2017 6:18pm
Three Palms near Houston. The Houston area has some of the warmest weather in the U.S. Open 7 days a week 52 weeks out of the year. 5 full size tracks and a pit bike track.
loftyair
12/10/2017 7:02pm
Milestone open every day. Other tracks not far worth checking out. I know a guy that does lessons, real personable and helps you learn and get better.
12/11/2017 12:15pm
Wow, thank you all for taking the time to help me out with my trip and alslo with my english skills! lol

I am planning on leaving for 1 month or a little more. I dont really care about the driving to get to california, its gonna be part of the trip to discover the US at the same time because I already drove down to Florida for the last couple of year.
I will also bring my sport bike in the trailer as I race sportbike here. I figure there might be more race track option in california.
I think there will be more stuff to enjoy for my girlfriend also.

Anyway thanks again, I will let you know on my planning as soon as I am all set!

Pierre

Post a reply to: January motocross trip// Where to go?

The Latest