James please come back.

RandyS
10/7/2017 10:05pm
Wow, the delusion is thick here.
10/7/2017 11:11pm
He's a legend. He rates higher than any rider since RC in speed and style. If he honestly thinks he can win then I would tend to believe him. These guys are good but none of them have James Stewart's outrageous speed, guts, or vision to do the impossible - first. Any race he's up to speed in is automatically 50% better to watch. I'll say it again, he's a legend. I miss him too.
Flip109
10/8/2017 5:48am
The problem is the guys now days are riding the razors edge and the best ride just as fast as James used to. He hasn’t kept his racing skills sharp and he’s getting older. I just don’t think he can maintain that edge anymore. He’s been gone to long. I mean his last full season he finished one race I think? I guess if anyone can do it it’d be him. Just don’t think it’ll happen. I’d take him back in any regard though. Announcing. Doing freeride vids. Keeping the fans updated in general?? Lol Something.
Sideways
10/8/2017 6:19am
RandyS wrote:
8 years and 17 series' have come and gone since James Stewart has won a title. Give that a minute to sink in.
Yes but it wasnt that long ago he was winning races in great style. The thing about stewart is his style and skill on the bike. Theres a reason that a guy like RC says that he is the most talented guy ever to ride a dirtbike. When he was(is?) in his zone, theres no one greater to watch!

The Shop

blusmbl
10/8/2017 7:38am
If he doesn't ride straight rhythm this year I'm having my doubts we'll ever see him ride again. I do remember a few years ago he mentioned when he was going to call it quits he was just going to vanish, never to be heard from again. Maybe that time is now?

Regardless it isn't going to change how incredible and influential he was on a dirtbike. Can't deny his influence and mark on the sport. I'm a huge fan and am glad I've personally watched him win races!

Also, to keep with the lighthearted nature of this thread:

IceMan446
10/8/2017 8:08am
RandyS wrote:
Wow, the delusion is thick here.
Nah you are just hung up on the words of Reed.

dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
10/8/2017 11:03am
My wife and I had a nice visit with his parents at Lorettas this year. We were there watching some motos when they pulled up on their UTV to enjoy the day. As we conversed, of course I wanted to ask about James, but I didn’t want to come across as a dick either..... After about three motos of good talk and laughs, I asked how he was doing. His Daddy replied with a big smile, “enjoying his son, and playing golf, in fact we played together just the other day”. That alone told me that the man has shifted his priorities, and there isn’t a damn thing wrong with that. He’s earned the right to step away from this anyway he chooses, whether we like it or not. I admit, there was a time when I actually was aggravated per say because we fans were literally left in the dark as to what his camp was doing, but I was wrong to be that way. The man owes us nothing, and if he has chosen to devote the majority of his time to his family, then he has chosen to try to be the best st something far more important than racing. I learned a ton that afternoon..... and I’ll always be thankful that I was blessed to witness a true master of his craft watching him ride. I miss seeing him out on the track, but also know that he’s earned the right to do what he wants. Whatever he chooses to do, I respect as a fan.
H4L
10/8/2017 11:28am
dadofagun wrote:
My wife and I had a nice visit with his parents at Lorettas this year. We were there watching some motos when they pulled up on...
My wife and I had a nice visit with his parents at Lorettas this year. We were there watching some motos when they pulled up on their UTV to enjoy the day. As we conversed, of course I wanted to ask about James, but I didn’t want to come across as a dick either..... After about three motos of good talk and laughs, I asked how he was doing. His Daddy replied with a big smile, “enjoying his son, and playing golf, in fact we played together just the other day”. That alone told me that the man has shifted his priorities, and there isn’t a damn thing wrong with that. He’s earned the right to step away from this anyway he chooses, whether we like it or not. I admit, there was a time when I actually was aggravated per say because we fans were literally left in the dark as to what his camp was doing, but I was wrong to be that way. The man owes us nothing, and if he has chosen to devote the majority of his time to his family, then he has chosen to try to be the best st something far more important than racing. I learned a ton that afternoon..... and I’ll always be thankful that I was blessed to witness a true master of his craft watching him ride. I miss seeing him out on the track, but also know that he’s earned the right to do what he wants. Whatever he chooses to do, I respect as a fan.
Well said. What he chooses to do with his life is his choice. As an MX fan I was fortunate to watch a rare talent like him on a dirt bike..
jeffro503
10/8/2017 11:55am
Lotta love and hate in here. Both are a little creepy. Some pretty outrageous claims coming from both sides too.

It's good to be in the middle. Smile
mb60
10/8/2017 12:13pm
dadofagun wrote:
My wife and I had a nice visit with his parents at Lorettas this year. We were there watching some motos when they pulled up on...
But he writes a letter to the AMA saying he plans on racing this year. I think it's great that James is enjoying being a dad and playing golf. But come on man and just do a interview and say it's over.
ruy
10/8/2017 1:28pm

wfo4ever
10/8/2017 3:39pm
dadofagun wrote:
James Stewart comes from a great family. His parents are some of the nicest people you could ever meet, and Mookie is the same.They are a very down to earth family. I used to race James Stewart Sr. at Dade City MX in Florida. He was a good rider and a very aggressive racer. He was not scared to move you a couple of lines over if you were in the line he liked and wanted to be in. Also RC was on 60's back then and so very fast. He would enter the open money class racing A and Pro riders on 125cc, 250cc, & 500cc motorcycles, he was a little red headed kid on a KX-60 and he would always be in the top 3. Those were good times back in the late 80's, early 90's at Dade City MX.
davistld01
10/8/2017 3:41pm
sherro24 wrote:
Few beers, just miss the guy ya know? all you guys are good coz I know you love mx but I just wish James would just...
Few beers, just miss the guy ya know? all you guys are good coz I know you love mx but I just wish James would just show up and be bubba again. Im a reedy fan to so take that into consideration

newmann wrote:
Few? Wall jump? Pffffttttttt....OP be like

https://youtu.be/IB7OU0MlIvs
OMG! That’s hysterical! Still lmao. Laughing
ruy
10/9/2017 1:31am

davistld01
10/9/2017 7:21am
greenmx5 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/03/11/48091/s1200_js7.jpg[/img]
^^^THAT!^^^

I think the amazing thing about James, aside from his sheer amazing speed, is that he could do stuff that looked absolutely buck-wild and out of control...but had the absolute God-given talent to pull it off. This wall jump reminds me of this. Nobody else was even close to doing the sky shot James was doing, and probably nobody but James could have done it as consistently as he was doing it without dire results.

Sure, I'd like to see him come back...but only if he can ride at the level that we've seen him capable of, and only if he wants to. If he really can't, or doesn't really want to...I respect that, and I wish him well with his new family and life.
resetjet
10/9/2017 10:14am
It should be obvious now that we watched his farewell tour his last 4 years or so.
ruy
10/9/2017 10:20am

rosebud441
10/9/2017 10:29am
I just want James to be happy, he doesn't owe us anything..

James, do whatever the fart you want you have earned it and i will always be a fan.. This sport is full of assholes anyway... And sure maybe i am one of them.

ruy
10/9/2017 2:31pm

Lucifa.
10/9/2017 3:44pm
Just popped in to see if James is back yet bro?
MR. X
10/10/2017 2:10am

ruy
10/10/2017 2:53am

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
10/10/2017 3:48am
ruy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/10/219154/s1200_stewart_scrub.jpg[/img]

When people say the MEC race sucks I always think of Moto 2 at that years race. Was everything you want a battle to be. The two big guns going at it, jumping stuff no one else is doing and every once in awhile Bubba reminded everyone how to really scrub.
tprice07
10/10/2017 8:53am
dadofagun wrote:
If we only had the slightest clue what James and his family have gone through in this sport. I think many of us might actually understand why the guy ghosted the sport. One of the first years I went to Millville there were guys flipping off James every lap through the whoops yelling the n word at him. There have been incidents in the pits where people say something to James, Big James, and even his mom. I'll never understand it. People heckle him about his kid on instagram as well...

10/10/2017 9:10am
RandyS wrote:
And Stewart never went the speed Roczen and Tomac in SX or Herlings outdoors are going when they're on.
tprice07 wrote:
There is no way to know that. It's impossible to say.
RandyS wrote:
Stewart never went that much faster than Reed and the rest, people just thought he was. They are going faster now than Stewart ever did on...
Stewart never went that much faster than Reed and the rest, people just thought he was. They are going faster now than Stewart ever did on his best day, is Reed lying? He's said it multiple times.
You must be in denial, or it's possible that he didn't sign an autograph for you which left you with distaste for James. I've never seen anyone try to discredit someone so hard.

Reed is lying, Reed never even went as fast as James! How many times have we seen James come from almost dead last and still come up to beat Reed!

You are delusional at best if you think anyone had the flat out speed of James in his prime. I don't believe there is anyone in this sport that could master sections so quickly and the Raw coner speed that he had was crazy. James flat out changed the sport as we know it.
motomike137
10/10/2017 9:32am
tprice07 wrote:
There is no way to know that. It's impossible to say.
RandyS wrote:
Stewart never went that much faster than Reed and the rest, people just thought he was. They are going faster now than Stewart ever did on...
Stewart never went that much faster than Reed and the rest, people just thought he was. They are going faster now than Stewart ever did on his best day, is Reed lying? He's said it multiple times.
You must be in denial, or it's possible that he didn't sign an autograph for you which left you with distaste for James. I've never seen...
You must be in denial, or it's possible that he didn't sign an autograph for you which left you with distaste for James. I've never seen anyone try to discredit someone so hard.

Reed is lying, Reed never even went as fast as James! How many times have we seen James come from almost dead last and still come up to beat Reed!

You are delusional at best if you think anyone had the flat out speed of James in his prime. I don't believe there is anyone in this sport that could master sections so quickly and the Raw coner speed that he had was crazy. James flat out changed the sport as we know it.
2WheelsForTheMasses has it right imho. I've been spectating at pro races since the seventies and I've seen literally everybody ride that has ridden is the USA over those years right up to the present day. There was nobody before him and nobody since with the raw speed, talent, and style of James Stewart in his prime. His days on a 125 were otherworldly.

Post a reply to: James please come back.

The Latest