James outdoors

Feldspar
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2012 7:29pm
I was listening to the Pulpmx show like I do every week and when Matthes asked Jbone if James would be doing outdoors, his response was we haven't discussed that with him yet.

I am not a JS hater at all, but that response is pathetic. Last couple years he was on a SX only team. He probably could have done outdoors if he wanted to bad enough. One of his excuses was that he wasn't prepared enough to fully commit to the outdoors or something like that.

What could possibly be his reason this year for not running the outdoors? JGR does outdoors, therefore JS should do outdoors. When Jbone was asked the response should have been " of course he is doing outdoors, our team is not SX only and he is on our team so that means he will be in for the outdoors". If they had Roger on or Kawi's Manager it wouldn't even be a question they would ask about RD or RV.

ThIs year when James doesn't do outdoors (yeah I would be shocked if he does) will prove that it had nothing to do with the team he was on the last 3 years. It will show that the whole time he didn't want to race outdoors. I know someone during an interview last year asked him if he would race outdoors this year and he said even if he has to drive his own pickup truck to the races he will be doing outdoors. You know if James told Jbone or Gibbs that he wanted to race outdoors they would be excited so that isn't holding him back. I am curios what the excuse will be this year. And for some crazy reason if he does race outdoors, why wouldn't he have said it was definite when he signed with JGR?

We all hear it is the bike why he isn't doing well in SX. To me I think he is loosing out by not racing outdoors. The other guys are racing and competing all summer and getting better while he is taking all that time off.

I am probably going to get lambasted from all the JS fans on here, but I would just really like to see him do the outdoors especially now with Reed out.
|
EastFlorida
3/6/2012 6:02pm
If James doesn't race outdoors this season, he has lost me as a fan. Done... I'll go to reed, dungey, canard, etc... I don't see how this will help JS7"s popularity when he attempts NASCAR...
86honda
3/6/2012 6:19pm
He needs to relax and just have more fun. Quit trying so hard to be on the edge and just be cool.
Moto331
3/6/2012 6:22pm
Feldspar wrote:
I was listening to the Pulpmx show like I do every week and when Matthes asked Jbone if James would be doing outdoors, his response was...
I was listening to the Pulpmx show like I do every week and when Matthes asked Jbone if James would be doing outdoors, his response was we haven't discussed that with him yet.

I am not a JS hater at all, but that response is pathetic. Last couple years he was on a SX only team. He probably could have done outdoors if he wanted to bad enough. One of his excuses was that he wasn't prepared enough to fully commit to the outdoors or something like that.

What could possibly be his reason this year for not running the outdoors? JGR does outdoors, therefore JS should do outdoors. When Jbone was asked the response should have been " of course he is doing outdoors, our team is not SX only and he is on our team so that means he will be in for the outdoors". If they had Roger on or Kawi's Manager it wouldn't even be a question they would ask about RD or RV.

ThIs year when James doesn't do outdoors (yeah I would be shocked if he does) will prove that it had nothing to do with the team he was on the last 3 years. It will show that the whole time he didn't want to race outdoors. I know someone during an interview last year asked him if he would race outdoors this year and he said even if he has to drive his own pickup truck to the races he will be doing outdoors. You know if James told Jbone or Gibbs that he wanted to race outdoors they would be excited so that isn't holding him back. I am curios what the excuse will be this year. And for some crazy reason if he does race outdoors, why wouldn't he have said it was definite when he signed with JGR?

We all hear it is the bike why he isn't doing well in SX. To me I think he is loosing out by not racing outdoors. The other guys are racing and competing all summer and getting better while he is taking all that time off.

I am probably going to get lambasted from all the JS fans on here, but I would just really like to see him do the outdoors especially now with Reed out.
excellent post.

He aint doin em

The Shop

mx510
Fantasy
1707th
3/6/2012 6:24pm
I dont think he will ride the outdoors. I want him in there to add to the "drama" of the series, and by drama I mean simply another guy on the gate that can win. It is also what is best for the sport.
EastFlorida
3/6/2012 6:28pm
mx510 wrote:
I dont think he will ride the outdoors. I want him in there to add to the "drama" of the series, and by drama I mean...
I dont think he will ride the outdoors. I want him in there to add to the "drama" of the series, and by drama I mean simply another guy on the gate that can win. It is also what is best for the sport.
I agree, but do you think James will do what is best for the sport? I suspect he will move to NASCAR expecting support from the MX community, but he may be losing that support based on his actions the past few years not participating in MX...
Feldspar
3/6/2012 6:28pm
mx510 wrote:
I dont think he will ride the outdoors. I want him in there to add to the "drama" of the series, and by drama I mean...
Exactly! Otherwise it will be another Ryan vs. Ryan show.
CR250Rider
3/6/2012 6:43pm
We all see how much skipping the outdoors has hurt JS7 in SX

I hope he doesn't make the same mistake again
Ron_Shuler
3/6/2012 6:50pm
Great post !

I think the reason JS is struggling is because of this very thing, James for the past few years has been a part time racer.

He will not be able to keep his edge against the rest of the top riders if he only races part time.

It is only obvious that RV RD have raised the bar, and you know when some of the top lites rider's move up it will only get harder for him to win

James is now one the veterans of the 450 class he should not be in this position trying to explain on Speed every Sat night what went wrong

I am not a JS hatter, I would love to see JGR win a Championship
kong0036
3/6/2012 7:04pm
Ron_Shuler wrote:
Great post ! I think the reason JS is struggling is because of this very thing, James for the past few years has been a part...
Great post !

I think the reason JS is struggling is because of this very thing, James for the past few years has been a part time racer.

He will not be able to keep his edge against the rest of the top riders if he only races part time.

It is only obvious that RV RD have raised the bar, and you know when some of the top lites rider's move up it will only get harder for him to win

James is now one the veterans of the 450 class he should not be in this position trying to explain on Speed every Sat night what went wrong

Chad is in the veterans class now and he was the only 1 pushing RV and that is indoors and outdoors last year. So i don't think it has to do with age my friend. Chad has only got faster and smarter with age i just wish James would take a leaf out of Chad's book
Crush
3/6/2012 7:09pm
Yeah I don't think James will beat RV indoors till he rides outdoors again...

the intensity RV is bringing at the moment is at least as heavy as RC did and James didn't beat RC for a season either...
karnivool
3/6/2012 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 7:12pm
Feldspar wrote:
I was listening to the Pulpmx show like I do every week and when Matthes asked Jbone if James would be doing outdoors, his response was...

@FELDSPAR

I am a pretty much die-hard Stewart fan, i have been since 1993 when I saw him on a PW50 at Ponca City...

and NO you aren't going to get blasted for your post, because you aren't posting HATE...you are posting an honest opinion that wasn't just an attack on him...but a rational explanation from the outside looking in. Obviously there is a frustration in your post...every moto fan that happens to like stew will agree...if being honest

and i believe you are correct from top to bottom...as a stewart fan...I am losing interest in him more every summer...

the only thing you messed up is 'loosing' should be 'losing'...carry on
RF219
3/6/2012 7:14pm
he aint doing no outdoors. He still waiting to drop the mic in sx
C.Worthy
3/6/2012 7:15pm
I completely agree with your post. I am a js7 fan and have been since he was riding 80s. But recently James has been like that old ex girlfriend who tries to win you back over and over and says she's changed but then ends up letting you down every time. I really hope James doesn't let his fans down this summer.
Ron_Shuler
3/6/2012 7:30pm
Ron_Shuler wrote:
Great post ! I think the reason JS is struggling is because of this very thing, James for the past few years has been a part...
Great post !

kong0036 wrote:
Chad is in the veterans class now and he was the only 1 pushing RV and that is indoors and outdoors last year. So i don't...
Chad is in the veterans class now and he was the only 1 pushing RV and that is indoors and outdoors last year. So i don't think it has to do with age my friend. Chad has only got faster and smarter with age i just wish James would take a leaf out of Chad's book
My reference about JS being a veteran was not about his age it was about his experience

And No Chad was not the only one pushing RV are you forgetting RD??
Hando
3/6/2012 7:31pm
if i was him i wouldnt do them either, fuck that bike!!
BobbyM
3/6/2012 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 7:50pm
Well fuck larry brooks i say!!
Wink

Seems ole james is more full of shit than a xmas turkey. And you wonder....wow.
CherryGirl
3/6/2012 8:08pm
Even if he does a few outdoor races he will not do all of them. Him and his family have been through allot of racial stuff and it's not worth it. The southwick incident was the last straw, and there have been many others.
EastFlorida
3/6/2012 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 8:13pm
CherryGirl wrote:
Even if he does a few outdoor races he will not do all of them. Him and his family have been through allot of racial stuff...
Even if he does a few outdoor races he will not do all of them. Him and his family have been through allot of racial stuff and it's not worth it. The southwick incident was the last straw, and there have been many others.
Are you serious? That is all the more reason. Competing defuses the ignorant actions by showing them up. By hiding and not participating simply empowers these ignorant few.

MLK didn't hide, he delt with any prejudice up front. Don't tell us James must hide...
Xsenter
3/6/2012 8:12pm
I dont think James have the hart for it anymore. He tries to make it look like he's still has it, but he has lost it.

James still rides super good. But when he isnt dominating he gets frustrated...and it shows.

And those who blame the bike are wrong. The most blame for James position is his own mind. If he only rode more smart and patient I promise he would have been in a much better position.

It so obvious that most crashes comes when making bad decisions. If James can ride so damn good, and his bike look so dialed in his heatraces , why would it not do the same in the finals !?
C.Worthy
3/6/2012 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 8:22pm
CherryGirl wrote:
Even if he does a few outdoor races he will not do all of them. Him and his family have been through allot of racial stuff...
So basically you're saying James and HIS family are weak and not strong enough to overcome some racial incidents by a few "fans" of the sport? They've been dealing with that his whole career starting when he rode 50s and it hasn't stopped them. I would let James and his family decide if it's "worth" it and not leave it up to some vitard to decide if it's "worth" it. Thanks for playing.
2thefront
3/6/2012 8:24pm
I think he's gonna do em. I believe it until I hear otherwise. Is it an easy decision at this point? Probably not. He's not comfortable on the bike and he knows the injury risk outdoors if things aren't good. They're getting there and I believe as long as James feels they can make progress he'll be doing the outdoors.
Cook441
3/6/2012 8:33pm
I think this weekend will be a factor or a gauge of what work lies ahead and maybe they could go from there- correct me if I am wrong but many teams bring their outdoor setups to the Daytona race and I am pretty sure at least some run them.

He looked spot on last year up until he took that kick funny-

my 2cents-
fader418
3/6/2012 8:36pm
James said he is gonna race the nats even if he has to do it out of his pick up truck. And he ALWAYS does what he says...
kong0036
3/6/2012 8:38pm
Cook441 wrote:
I think this weekend will be a factor or a gauge of what work lies ahead and maybe they could go from there- correct me if...
I think this weekend will be a factor or a gauge of what work lies ahead and maybe they could go from there- correct me if I am wrong but many teams bring their outdoor setups to the Daytona race and I am pretty sure at least some run them.

my 2cents-
I agree with you Cooky this weekend will have a big bearing on his approach for the outdoors.

And YES he was so bloody FAST last year at Daytona if he hadn't fallen he would have won that race by 20 seconds but that's the BIG if in james's riding.

Either way i say it's better to have James racing than not. So fingers crossed he's on the starting gates come May at Hangtown .
pilotdude
3/6/2012 8:42pm
I hope he does them. It would better for the sport and better for himself too. He would come into supercross next year stronger. I also think that if he really got into it he would be a great MXdN selection for the sand at Lommel.
Cook441
3/6/2012 8:51pm
Cook441 wrote:
I think this weekend will be a factor or a gauge of what work lies ahead and maybe they could go from there- correct me if...

my 2cents-
kong0036 wrote:
I agree with you Cooky this weekend will have a big bearing on his approach for the outdoors. And YES he was so bloody FAST last...
I agree with you Cooky this weekend will have a big bearing on his approach for the outdoors.

And YES he was so bloody FAST last year at Daytona if he hadn't fallen he would have won that race by 20 seconds but that's the BIG if in james's riding.

Either way i say it's better to have James racing than not. So fingers crossed he's on the starting gates come May at Hangtown .
I remember Poto saying that there was no way he was gonna try and do that pace on that course at night- like James was. He was 1.5 seconds faster at one point if I remember correctly. Now it worked out for poto but what would he have said if James hadn't crashed because he was like you said headed for a 20 sec rewind back to the old days kind of win.

New year and Poto has some mean confidence going but that florida sand is new to one guy and home to another so we will see-Smile
bents
Fantasy
909th
3/6/2012 8:54pm
fader418 wrote:
James said he is gonna race the nats even if he has to do it out of his pick up truck. And he ALWAYS does what...
James said he is gonna race the nats even if he has to do it out of his pick up truck. And he ALWAYS does what he says...
Fool me once, shame on me, fool me, say 10 times and shame on you! I so want to believe he will show up at Hangtown fully loaded, but if I had to bet my last 100 bucks on it, I'd keep it in my pocket. I just don't believe the guy and I so badly want to. His participation would make for an even more incredible series, although we have already seen that one rider doesn't make a series. I'm almost more stoked for the 250 class with Barcia, Wilson, Bagget, Ratray, and Kenny!
3/6/2012 9:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 9:02pm
CherryGirl wrote:
I dont know if what you say is credible or not. But I do know this: Champions dont care about "racial stuff".

Post a reply to: James outdoors

The Latest