James back to the smoker!

stone881
Edited Date/Time 4/22/2016 7:00am
Sorry, I sort of hijacked the last JS post and I know this is going to open a can of worms, but I think it is a relevant point.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see what Stewart would do on a 250 smoker? I mean the bikes were making 60 hp back when Reed was winning championships for Yamaha.

I don't care what anyone says about weight not being a big difference on the 4s vs 2s. If you have ridden both for any amount of time, you can tell the difference in mass from the extra weight and partly from the way the engine works.

You make a mistake on the 4s and it rags doll you. Imo a 2s is a lot less forgiving and JS would benefit from this with how aggressive he rides (or used to).
|
Big Lenny
4/20/2016 5:28pm
He said that SR250 was the scariest bike he's ever ridden...

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/20/2016 5:30pm
well i doubt he could go much worse than this season on one,

but seriously, he would struggle to get starts on one, and that is the only part of his riding that is any good at the moment,
Cygnus
4/20/2016 5:37pm
Oh jeez not this shit again. Stfu noob.
jmx411
4/20/2016 6:42pm
Cygnus wrote:
Oh jeez not this shit again. Stfu noob.
+1
Cygnus
4/20/2016 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/20/2016 7:27pm
I was lucky enough to know some insiders that told me James was going to be testing the unrealeased yet KXF 450 at Lakewood back in 05 I think and was able to get there to watch him testing it. He also rode the SR250 that day and he was so impressive on both. I really hate he ever had to ride that POS Yamaha. I truthfully think he would have much different stats if stayed with Kawasaki.
MX558
4/20/2016 7:26pm
Cygnus wrote:
I was lucky enough to know some insiders that told me James was going to be testing the unrealeased yet KXF 450 at Lakewood back in...
I was lucky enough to know some insiders that told me James was going to be testing the unrealeased yet KXF 450 at Lakewood back in 05 I think and was able to get there to watch him testing it. He also rode the SR250 that day and he was so impressive on both. I really hate he ever had to ride that POS Yamaha. I truthfully think he would have much different stats if stayed with Kawasaki.
Yeah it was the bikes fault, he crashes his brains out on every bike he rides .
jeffro503
4/20/2016 7:29pm
James was definitely a badass on those 2 strokes. The vid with him on the YZ is still one of my all time favorites.
Cygnus
4/20/2016 7:29pm
I meant to add that his lap times were 3-4 seconds faster that day on the 450.
mxb2
4/20/2016 7:30pm
Cygnus wrote:
I was lucky enough to know some insiders that told me James was going to be testing the unrealeased yet KXF 450 at Lakewood back in...
Being greedy ,chasing $$ sometimes backfires. Dont blame the yamaha, he won races,heats etc.
4/20/2016 7:36pm
I think this season stewart has a few more problems than his bike.
Old-Man
4/20/2016 7:41pm
Cygnus wrote:
Know one in front of him to land on?
Dude has more Raw speed than any rider i've seen but get him in the mix it's another story
Big Lenny
4/20/2016 8:28pm
Cygnus wrote:
Old-Man wrote:
Know one in front of him to land on? Dude has more Raw speed than any rider i've seen but get him in the mix it's...
Dude has more Raw speed than any rider i've seen but get him in the mix it's another story
Cat's got an undefeated season..What you got?..
jeffro503
4/20/2016 8:51pm
Cygnus wrote:
Old-Man wrote:
Know one in front of him to land on? Dude has more Raw speed than any rider i've seen but get him in the mix it's...
Big Lenny wrote:
I bet he has a lot less concussions. Laughing
Plugga
4/20/2016 8:56pm
I would love to see one of the top guys bust out a 250 smoker and then proceed not to make the main. Only then will the powers that be see how fucked the current rules are.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
4/20/2016 9:09pm
Cygnus wrote:
Old-Man wrote:
Big Lenny wrote:
He doesn't even have an undefeated season on vital let alone the track.
Old-Man
4/20/2016 9:32pm
Cygnus wrote:
Old-Man wrote:
Big Lenny wrote:
I don't race Moto for a living, what I do for a living i'm very good at. If I wasn't I would be looking for another job that I was good at....You?
Old-Man
4/20/2016 9:35pm
Old-Man wrote:
Big Lenny wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I bet he has a lot less concussions. Laughing
When I did race I had an unfortunate head on collision with a Double at Baja MX in Michigan, Yes it was no fun repeating myself to my girlfriend all the way home (3hrs).
Have no regrets
Old-Man
4/20/2016 9:40pm
Old-Man wrote:
Big Lenny wrote:
He doesn't even have an undefeated season on vital let alone the track.
Is this comment toward me?

If so what the hell is a "Undefeated season on Vital"?
Not getting clicked? Blink
dirtnapper
4/20/2016 10:45pm
Cygnus wrote:
Old-Man wrote:
Big Lenny wrote:
your insightful posts continue to amaze...............Pinch
4/21/2016 12:50am
Old-Man wrote:
Good o'le days! [url=https://mpora.com/videos/AAdgz386jd2p#z4m0PEJfvtjXCemF.97]Check this Vid out from Tony Bazier's site...JS7 on the 125 his first National[/url] VS a few Four Bangers in the mix...2002 GH!
Good o'le days!

Check this Vid out from Tony Bazier's site...JS7 on the 125 his first National

VS a few Four Bangers in the mix...2002 GH!
Cool video...not so cool seeing Grant get passed....

I remember how pissed I was with James's statements the summer before he turned pro. He said he would win 12 motos in his opening season....made me boil

.....and im still not over the wheel collapse in that final moto in 01

On topic: I think James's has proven it's not about results you get...but the exposure you generate that matters to his sponsors at the of the day. Can you imagine the exposure he would generate if he did ride the 2 stroke?? I think he could single handily get the AMA to increase the displacement allowed for 2 strokes.

If the info of Matthes, regarding his sour situation at suzuki, is true, given where he is at now (i.e. not race fit, not in a position to challenge for the outdoors title), why not just have some fun and go race the 2 stroke? The fans would love it!
TannerMxer
4/21/2016 6:50am
A more disappointing question to think about...

Why couldn't GoPro's have existed in 2003?

Imagine watching Stewart at Budds Creed in '03 with GoPro footage...

#depressing
4/21/2016 7:36am
At a pure market sense, If a company such as Honda saw an opportunity within the new 2-stroke realm which could add margin to their offroad lineup, they could utilize their old tech and bring to market a "new" CR250 and likely get decent sales if priced aggressively against it's competitors.

With someone like James, he may not win races, but he would be a value added asset based on his popularity alone. Be it very polarizing for some, it would still bring massive amounts of attention to the bike with ZERO advertising. If they were to hire James and have him race the outdoors on the 2-stroke and tell him to "ring its neck" every race without blowing it up it would be very advantageous. If he were to get inside the top 10 he would be getting just as much airtime as the top 3 quite likely.

To me, today it's hard for manufacturers in the differentiation area from their competitors. Someone like James on a 2-stroke burning castor oil could cut through the static in a positive way.

You can see Yamaha realizing potential through their diversification of existing products.
mxb2
4/21/2016 7:42am
Holy shit james on a 2 stroke,lmao

Post a reply to: James back to the smoker!

The Latest