James Stewart tell-all

scootch
2/14/2019 7:20pm
Here’s a question to think about.. If you could bring back any of the greats to be added to this 2019 championship, the king, the goat, reed in his prime, the Ryan’s, or Stewart, who would you want to add to mix it up? I would bet money 9 out of 10 of you guys (fan or not) would choose James back for the excitement he brings and not the “I won the most championship” type names that would just make it a snooze fest. James probably wouldn’t win the championship, but you can sure as hell bet he would drop jaws multiple times throughout the season with a massive rhythm section or a last to first ride, and while doing it the rest of the field would have to step their games up just to try and keep up.
BikerScars
2/14/2019 9:47pm
If James is talking it's time to shut up and listen. IMHO, the most talented rider I have personally ever seen on 2 wheels. I would buy that book!
ctbale
2/14/2019 10:24pm
Just watched The John Penton Story. Outstanding!!!!!

Would love to see a Stew documentary done to that level of quality.

If it has to come in a book version ..... Sure

The Shop

motomike137
2/15/2019 3:32am
scootch wrote:
Here’s a question to think about.. If you could bring back any of the greats to be added to this 2019 championship, the king, the goat...
Here’s a question to think about.. If you could bring back any of the greats to be added to this 2019 championship, the king, the goat, reed in his prime, the Ryan’s, or Stewart, who would you want to add to mix it up? I would bet money 9 out of 10 of you guys (fan or not) would choose James back for the excitement he brings and not the “I won the most championship” type names that would just make it a snooze fest. James probably wouldn’t win the championship, but you can sure as hell bet he would drop jaws multiple times throughout the season with a massive rhythm section or a last to first ride, and while doing it the rest of the field would have to step their games up just to try and keep up.
James in his "prime" would f-ckin spank these guys.
WDSRCR
2/15/2019 5:01am
ctbale wrote:
Just watched The John Penton Story. Outstanding!!!!! Would love to see a Stew documentary done to that level of quality. If it has to come in...
Just watched The John Penton Story. Outstanding!!!!!

Would love to see a Stew documentary done to that level of quality.

If it has to come in a book version ..... Sure
@ctbale

If you like the Penton movie, check out the book Malcolm about Malcolm Smith. It is awesome!
FARANG
2/15/2019 6:52am
scootch wrote:
Here’s a question to think about.. If you could bring back any of the greats to be added to this 2019 championship, the king, the goat...
He'd win the first 3 rounds against the current field then crash out in a panic induced yardsale when someone (probably Tomac) matched his pace for a few laps at round 4.

His only outdoor title in the premier class was 24-0 against a weak field. He crumbled when challenged, pretty much surrendered to RC in RC's final outdoor season. Claimed he wasnt racing Everts after he got beat at mxdn. The very definition of a flat track bully.

Like someone else said, consistently crashing shows everyone how fast you can't go.
scootch
2/15/2019 7:10am
scootch wrote:
FARANG wrote:
He'd win the first 3 rounds against the current field then crash out in a panic induced yardsale when someone (probably Tomac) matched his pace for...
He'd win the first 3 rounds against the current field then crash out in a panic induced yardsale when someone (probably Tomac) matched his pace for a few laps at round 4.

His only outdoor title in the premier class was 24-0 against a weak field. He crumbled when challenged, pretty much surrendered to RC in RC's final outdoor season. Claimed he wasnt racing Everts after he got beat at mxdn. The very definition of a flat track bully.

Like someone else said, consistently crashing shows everyone how fast you can't go.
Dude.. did you even read and understand the point of my post?

Stew brought a level of excitement to the races that nobody else could. Who do you think the series promoters would choose to add into this championship? The dude also put asses in seats.
peelout
2/15/2019 7:51am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2019 7:53am
Sweendoggy wrote:
MC - 7 RC - 5 RD - 4 RV - 4 Hannah - 3 Stanton - 3 Stew - 2 Reed - 2 Ward -...
MC - 7
RC - 5
RD - 4
RV - 4
Hannah - 3
Stanton - 3
Stew - 2
Reed - 2
Ward - 2
Johnson - 2

That’s a short list of badasses. I sure hope we are allowed to talk about people not on that list, let alone Stew whom is on that list.
Another factor with the titles/win tally is the amount of time that some of the guys raced for. RC and RV weren't racing pro long before...
Another factor with the titles/win tally is the amount of time that some of the guys raced for. RC and RV weren't racing pro long before or after their 1st/last titles and wins. JS, CR and to an extent MC were around for a while past their prime.
that's exactly what i was thinking about when i saw RV on there. dude really wasn't doing it for very long, so to rack up 4 in a row like he did is fuckin' impressive.

RV came in and took the sport by the short-n-curly's and got out.
mxb2
2/15/2019 8:14am
scootch wrote:
He wdnt spank 2015,2017 tomac or a 2016 kroc.
2/15/2019 8:20am
JS7 on a 125 proves to me that it is the perfect size bike. Because the fast man of all time (in my mind) could push it to it's limit. When he got on the 450, the bike was just to fast. When he pushed it, the bike was to much. The guys who are good on 450's and win, are normally the smooth rider who can manage the power. Hope the book or video or what ever is as honest and as good as it can be. Can't wait.
2/15/2019 8:23am
scootch wrote:
As a Reed fan it pains me to say.. when stew is on, no one could ever touch him..... ever
Lucifa.
2/15/2019 11:56am
mxb2 wrote:
Post a list of titles.
Adam43 wrote:
"Is that a hater?" [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b7/5c/7b/b75c7b9ed1deb28087007673deaf7461.jpg[/img]
"Is that a hater?"

mxb2 wrote:
Nope , not at all i just asked for the total sx,mx titles posted. Quick how the sx wins list got posted but not titles. Which...
Nope , not at all i just asked for the total sx,mx titles posted. Quick how the sx wins list got posted but not titles. Which are way better. Pretty sure the teams would agree. Titles are better.
It’s very clear from all of your replies that you are steering towards the negative. This shows you have some hatred for the guy. And it’s not just in this thread.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
2/15/2019 12:16pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/14/325374/s1200_chart_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/14/325373/s1200_chart_2.jpg[/img] There's your book. The rest is useless garbage from people who couldn't accomplish half of what he did.

There's your book.

The rest is useless garbage from people who couldn't accomplish half of what he did.
mxb2 wrote:
Post a list of titles.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
When it comes to James, titles and wins aren't what define his legacy. His legacy is the things he did and brought to the sport. The...
When it comes to James, titles and wins aren't what define his legacy. His legacy is the things he did and brought to the sport. The scrubbing the way he was, the speed, the balls to jump ridiculous stuff no one else would have even thought of. I remember and one Anaheim there was a quad he started doing going from home plate to first base. RV clipped it almost every lap and stopped doing it, but James continued doing it lap after lap after being the first one to do it. It was so sketchy!!

Then there was the scrub at Budd's Creek in 03, I think. Or his wall jump at Daytona. The dude was unreal on a motorcycle. Wins and championships don't matter when it comes to James. He for sure should have had way more, but what he was able to do and the way he pushed everyone to start going bigger and faster are what we will always remember.
You nailed it. James could have so many titles if he “calmed down” but that’s not who James Stewart is. And for some reason he gets hate for it. James will always be the most entertaining rider to watch ride a dirt bike.
mxb2
2/15/2019 12:20pm
Adam43 wrote:
"Is that a hater?" [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b7/5c/7b/b75c7b9ed1deb28087007673deaf7461.jpg[/img]
"Is that a hater?"

mxb2 wrote:
Nope , not at all i just asked for the total sx,mx titles posted. Quick how the sx wins list got posted but not titles. Which...
Nope , not at all i just asked for the total sx,mx titles posted. Quick how the sx wins list got posted but not titles. Which are way better. Pretty sure the teams would agree. Titles are better.
Lucifa. wrote:
It’s very clear from all of your replies that you are steering towards the negative. This shows you have some hatred for the guy. And it’s...
It’s very clear from all of your replies that you are steering towards the negative. This shows you have some hatred for the guy. And it’s not just in this thread.
How would i hate someone i dont know
I just asked for stats and facts on titles. Hmmm then the subject got changed to immature name calling. Why do you defend a total stranger that could careless about you and his fans. Pretty sure a millionaire could careless what vital thinks.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
2/15/2019 12:30pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/14/325374/s1200_chart_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/14/325373/s1200_chart_2.jpg[/img] There's your book. The rest is useless garbage from people who couldn't accomplish half of what he did.

There's your book.

The rest is useless garbage from people who couldn't accomplish half of what he did.
Perfect.
ruy
2/15/2019 1:31pm

motomike137
2/15/2019 3:56pm
scootch wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
He wdnt spank 2015,2017 tomac or a 2016 kroc.
I respectfully disagree.
motomike137
2/15/2019 4:01pm
mxb2 wrote:
Post a list of titles.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
When it comes to James, titles and wins aren't what define his legacy. His legacy is the things he did and brought to the sport. The...
When it comes to James, titles and wins aren't what define his legacy. His legacy is the things he did and brought to the sport. The scrubbing the way he was, the speed, the balls to jump ridiculous stuff no one else would have even thought of. I remember and one Anaheim there was a quad he started doing going from home plate to first base. RV clipped it almost every lap and stopped doing it, but James continued doing it lap after lap after being the first one to do it. It was so sketchy!!

Then there was the scrub at Budd's Creek in 03, I think. Or his wall jump at Daytona. The dude was unreal on a motorcycle. Wins and championships don't matter when it comes to James. He for sure should have had way more, but what he was able to do and the way he pushed everyone to start going bigger and faster are what we will always remember.
You nailed it. James could have so many titles if he “calmed down” but that’s not who James Stewart is. And for some reason he gets...
You nailed it. James could have so many titles if he “calmed down” but that’s not who James Stewart is. And for some reason he gets hate for it. James will always be the most entertaining rider to watch ride a dirt bike.
One of the reasons I loved watching him race was his commitment to going quasar fast damn the torpedoes. He was a joy to watch.
Motodave15
2/15/2019 5:34pm
So when is the tell all coming out?? Besides all of these holier than thou and championship only tards in here.
I want a release date and time lol.

This is a Instabuy
jeffro503
2/15/2019 6:01pm
If and when he ever decides to have a book written , or a video documentary done.....I sure as hell wouldn't miss it! Jame's truly was one of the greatest this sport has ever seen , and like almost every rider out there.....has his own story to tell. I for one , would buy the book or watch the show the very same day it was released. I may of been harsh on him over his 450 years ( as I was with other's too )....but god damn it , I respect that dude a ton , and what he accomplished in this sport! I'm sad the dude is gone from the sport entirely to be honest. I wish he would of stuck around.
BikeGuy321
2/15/2019 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2019 6:39pm
Bubba rode those poor KX125s faster than anyone had ever ridden a 125. Bike screaming near the rev limiter, crazy lean angles through every corner, scrubbing like only he could.

Bubba, RC, Reedy, and TP199 on two strokes is about as entertaining as MX has ever been to me. RC and James were just insanely fast outdoors, Reed made Supercross look way way easier than it is, and TP would just go nuts and send jumps and whoop sections like Bubba. If they had HD cameras back then, I'd probably just watch old races all the time and follow the current races way more casually
MX-LIFE.
2/16/2019 9:07am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 9:08am
James was a faster supercross rider than RC who dethroned McGrath.
James Stewart would have whipped McGrath ass to and he did!! I am a Mc fan but he didn't have anything for James
2/16/2019 9:24am
bad juju wrote:
Let it go man, let it go.....
greenmx5 wrote:
What's to let go? Anyone that wouldn't watch a new documentary where James talks about his career and why he left isn't a moto fan.
bad juju wrote:
Just bustin your balls a bit bro, but js7 has had a long enough time to let his fans know all these things. Now he is...
Just bustin your balls a bit bro, but js7 has had a long enough time to let his fans know all these things. Now he is going to use his fan base to sell them a book? Really? I am a huge fan of the racer he was and will never forget the things i personally witnessed from him while being on the track at the same time as him. But even so i have let it go myself. He hss even stated himself that he owes no one anything and he doesn't. But it would have been nice to hear from him since his retirement #not done yet? I think he is one of the most gifted talents ever, but how he left his fans that supported him, i think he dogged them. Now he what to cash in on them with his book.
He risked his life day in day out to entertain us fans, not even to mention all the sacrifices he made. Your entitlement is crazy man, he didn’t dog anyone. The man can do what he wants.
Johnny Ringo
2/16/2019 10:11am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 10:11am
Stew still has 5 titles. More than most
snackfedbear
2/16/2019 10:26am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 10:27am
mxb2 wrote:
I think fans would agree that watching him win or crash out was more exciting/better than the shit we got going on today where dudes are afraid to take a risk for the glory. Can’t blame them though. I’d probably do the same
2/16/2019 10:38am
scootch wrote:
As a Reed fan it pains me to say.. when stew is on, no one could ever touch him..... ever
Except RC, Stew challenged him, but wasnt his superior.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
2/16/2019 10:43am
Except RC, Stew challenged him, but wasnt his superior.
Indoors he was.
2/16/2019 10:48am
Stew still has 5 titles. More than most
Since you want to throw in lites titles as well, RD had 9, RV had 10, RC had 16, MC had 10, RJ had 8............

Post a reply to: James Stewart tell-all

The Latest