James Stewart is not a cheater

Nerd
6/21/2014 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2015 8:41am
New column on the site.

http://m.vitalmx.com/community/Nerd,3790/blog/06/21/2014/entry/3849

I'd love your input specifically, FreshTopEnd. I respect your thoughts on everything.
|
mojoman42
6/21/2014 12:39pm
100% agree, and this is coming from a guy who isn't a big Stewart fan.
level
6/21/2014 12:41pm
It depends on whether he was taking it to focus more out on the track or for real issue.

We all know the stories of Ritalin and Adderall to help you study better, etc. He might of found an advantage that it helped him with motocross.
OW38B
Fantasy
148th
6/21/2014 12:41pm
Bravo Steve!

A precise, lucid column pertaining to this whole SX/MX drug testing fiasco.
Dirtydane
6/21/2014 12:42pm
I will just say "Word cox word" on that.

To spell it out for the slow people: I agree with it all. Smile

GO kill it next weekend JS7!!!

The Shop

fullfloater
Fantasy
14th
6/21/2014 12:50pm
That was really good but how did you get it finished without a deadline? j/k
ns503
6/21/2014 12:57pm
Great read - nice work.
CR250Rider
6/21/2014 1:07pm
you sir are an industry kiss ass
the first thing you will say is did you read the whole thing in which case I will honestly say hell f****** no I didn't..waay too long and just verbose...but I read most of it....a rule is a rule and James Stewart broke one. giving him a pass is unfair to the other riders, but like everything else, follow the money.
CR250Rider
6/21/2014 1:07pm
sorry for the negative opinion
Hoov
6/21/2014 1:09pm
Thank you for writing up what was going through my head. I couldn't have said it better myself. This needed to be said. BAD!
Bob693
6/21/2014 1:11pm
Nice write up. I Couldn't agree more.
Big Lenny
6/21/2014 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2014 1:22pm
CR250Rider wrote:
you sir are an industry kiss ass the first thing you will say is did you read the whole thing in which case I will honestly...
the first thing you will say is did you read the whole thing in which case I will honestly say hell f****** no I didn't..waay too long and just verbose...but I read most of it....a rule is a rule and James Stewart broke one. giving him a pass is unfair to the other riders, but like everything else, follow the money.
I'll bet you started reading it and a fly landed on the window sill and you spent the next hour wondering what he was up to...
6/21/2014 1:12pm
If you can show me the place in the WADA code that says it is OK to use Adderall, or other drugs you don't agree should be on the list if your doctor says you need it and just let WADA or USADA know that after you get caught, then I'm with you. I missed that part. What I read said you can't use stuff on the banned list unless you are granted a TUE. For me it comes down to three things:

1. Adderall is on the banned list.

2. James did not get a TUE for Adderall

3. James tested positive for Amphetamines.

I'm pretty sure those three things are undisputed. There doesn't seem to be any grey area here, just black and white.

Would Nerd have spent the time to create this document if it were Nathan Winegar (40th qualifier at High Point) who got popped?

If people truly want to be objective there should be the same amount of people defending a three digit privateer as there are defending James and we all know that would not be the case.
ns503
CR250Rider wrote:
you sir are an industry kiss ass the first thing you will say is did you read the whole thing in which case I will honestly...
He's critical of what the Industry is doing - and that is an Industry ass kiss?
Big Lenny
Good shit Steve...
Bob693
6/21/2014 1:15pm
CR250Rider wrote:
You must be one of those people that believe a second grader should be expelled from school because he has nail clippers in his backpack. Rules are rules Unsure
Flatliner
6/21/2014 1:22pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
If you can show me the place in the WADA code that says it is OK to use Adderall, or other drugs you don't agree should...
If you can show me the place in the WADA code that says it is OK to use Adderall, or other drugs you don't agree should be on the list if your doctor says you need it and just let WADA or USADA know that after you get caught, then I'm with you. I missed that part. What I read said you can't use stuff on the banned list unless you are granted a TUE. For me it comes down to three things:

I'm pretty sure those three things are undisputed. There doesn't seem to be any grey area here, just black and white.

Would Nerd have spent the time to create this document if it were Nathan Winegar (40th qualifier at High Point) who got popped?

If people truly want to be objective there should be the same amount of people defending a three digit privateer as there are defending James and we all know that would not be the case.
I'm not getting into the whole back and forth with this issue, but I agree with you.
Nerd
6/21/2014 1:23pm
level wrote:
It depends on whether he was taking it to focus more out on the track or for real issue. We all know the stories of Ritalin...
It depends on whether he was taking it to focus more out on the track or for real issue.

We all know the stories of Ritalin and Adderall to help you study better, etc. He might of found an advantage that it helped him with motocross.
Those drugs only help people study because they use them to stay up all night and not sleep.
Nerd
6/21/2014 1:23pm
That was really good but how did you get it finished without a deadline? j/k
Vyvanse. Smile
Nerd
6/21/2014 1:25pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
If you can show me the place in the WADA code that says it is OK to use Adderall, or other drugs you don't agree should...

The only way that guy would've been tested is if he got on the podium.

But the column clearly says the testing isn't done well or for the right purpose. That includes anyone tested.
Nerd
6/21/2014 1:27pm
CR250Rider wrote:
Bob693 wrote:
You must be one of those people that believe a second grader should be expelled from school because he has nail clippers in his backpack. Rules...
You must be one of those people that believe a second grader should be expelled from school because he has nail clippers in his backpack. Rules are rules Unsure
Bob gets it. Thanks. It's nice to see people use their brains instead of blindly following the letter of the rule and ignoring the spirit of the rule.
agn5009
6/21/2014 1:27pm
CR250Rider wrote:
Bob693 wrote:
You must be one of those people that believe a second grader should be expelled from school because he has nail clippers in his backpack. Rules...
And you must be one of those people who think a second grader should be held as accountable as a 28 year old for his actions. It's a bit different when a child that young makes a dumb mistake and a grown man makes a dumb mistake. Hold him accountable for his actions. If he has a script, fine him for not presenting it to the proper officials and following a well known protocol. If he doesn't have a script, suspend him for taking an illegal narcotic. Like it or not, by him possessing and taking adderal without a prescription is illegal.
Nerd
6/21/2014 1:32pm
CR250Rider wrote:
Bob693 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
And you must be one of those people who think a second grader should be held as accountable as a 28 year old for his actions...
And you must be one of those people who think a second grader should be held as accountable as a 28 year old for his actions. It's a bit different when a child that young makes a dumb mistake and a grown man makes a dumb mistake. Hold him accountable for his actions. If he has a script, fine him for not presenting it to the proper officials and following a well known protocol. If he doesn't have a script, suspend him for taking an illegal narcotic. Like it or not, by him possessing and taking adderal without a prescription is illegal.
I actually agree with your assessment of how this should be handled. I advocated exactly that in the column. Is loan you a pill to help you finish the column, but that's illegal... Smile
zippy895
6/21/2014 1:34pm
steve cox you asshole.after reading your article,i'm convinced I need to see a psychologist.FUCK!
oldAFI
6/21/2014 1:38pm
Nerd, we don't know the reason why JS didn't file a TUE, thus we don't know if he's a cheater.
I think you're jumping the gun to defend him.
Also, just because Lance got around testing negative, doesn't mean the system is broken. It's much more complicated than that... but to argue that we shouldn't test riders because Lance didn't test positive is a misguided notion.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
6/21/2014 1:40pm
I don't think anyone thinks he was cheating, more that it's just a paperwork issue. He should have showed the prescription and gotten the TUE. The rules say it could be just a warning for that, or a more stern penalty. We'll see what happens.
ocscottie
6/21/2014 1:40pm
zippy895 wrote:
steve cox you asshole.after reading your article,i'm convinced I need to see a psychologist.FUCK!
HA! same here, he described me to a "T"
agn5009
6/21/2014 1:41pm
Bob693 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
And you must be one of those people who think a second grader should be held as accountable as a 28 year old for his actions...
Nerd wrote:
I actually agree with your assessment of how this should be handled. I advocated exactly that in the column. Is loan you a pill to help...
I actually agree with your assessment of how this should be handled. I advocated exactly that in the column. Is loan you a pill to help you finish the column, but that's illegal... Smile
Ha I wasn't bashing your assessment at all. I haven't gotten time to read it yet, but I will shortly. I just don't see how Bob could compare a 2nd grader to a grown adult. I don't agree with that. But I'm hoping everything works out for James and we see him on the line for a long, long time.
6/21/2014 1:47pm
I liked this article Steve. Well thought out, and clear, critical thought applied in my opinion.

My thoughts on this situation are as such:

I really want this to go away, because James is one of my favorite riders, and whether his persona in interviews, interactions, etc is any indication, he seems like a genuinely good dude, with a great sense of humor. He's the anti-RV in public.

However... I know.... "here it comes". I wonder where the line is. Maybe he started taking it because he truly can't concentrate, etc in daily life. Or, he had a doctor, psychologist prescribe it because he couldn't focus in a full race. There seems to be a clear time in the past year, where he quit making the brain-fade mistakes of the past. Was it the adderol? Was it maturity? I don't know, and I don't care to guess. Saying that however, where do they draw the line. If a drug allows one guy to think clearer on the track.. what about other physical deficiencies? One guy has a bit of a stamina problem, so can they drug to match the competitors? Maybe Stewy was taking it due to concussion issues.... I'm speculating too much.

My point is, WADA was put in place to control drug use. Prescription or otherwise. James knew that. He continued to use it. He did not clear it with the sanctioning body or WADA, that I know of. So, in essence, he's not a cheater, but he's walking on the edge.

I just hope he is allowed to race, they clear it up, and honesty prevails.
6/21/2014 1:56pm
Dude, Michael Pineda is not a cheater. Every pitcher uses pine tar from time he just happened to put it in to visible of a place. Hard to consider the rest of the article after that.

As far as Stewart goes, it's impossible for any of us to make an informative decision without all the facts. You would need to see medical records with his diagnoses, you would need to know exactly what he tested positive for, you would need to know the amount, you would need to know the results of other drug tests, and I am sure there are several other things as well. If you don't know all those things than it's just guess work. If all those things are consistent with his story than no he is not a cheater just someone who didn't think the rules applied to him, slap him on the wrist, send him on his way. If not then well, you might want to change your title. I will believe him until WADA and or the FIM proves otherwise.

Post a reply to: James Stewart is not a cheater

The Latest