Nerd
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:10pm
|
MT MX
3/29/2011 11:45am
Very good. Thanks for posting that.
mikem
3/29/2011 11:46am
Agreed. Extremely stupid but not malicious or criminal. Or the least bit funny for that matter. Fine and community service.
4mxonly
3/29/2011 11:46am
Well done. Appropriately titled as well.

The Shop

MT MX
3/29/2011 11:48am
I think because of all the work he does with the Boys & Girls clubs. He'll be let off pretty easy.
EmDub425
3/29/2011 11:49am
So because he is famous it's ok? I am so tired of famous people thinking they can do whatever the fuck they want and it's ok. There would be a lot less issues in this country if people followed laws.

I have never done anything like this, not would I. For people like me who try to be good citizens and always do the right thing, this kind of shit pisses me off. ya he wasn't harming anyone but he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing plain and simple.

By the way Cox, I wanted to back Dunes last night before you guys went on Pulp, But you owned him. IMO
mikem
3/29/2011 11:51am
EmDub425 wrote:
So because he is famous it's ok? I am so tired of famous people thinking they can do whatever the fuck they want and it's ok...
So because he is famous it's ok? I am so tired of famous people thinking they can do whatever the fuck they want and it's ok. There would be a lot less issues in this country if people followed laws.

I have never done anything like this, not would I. For people like me who try to be good citizens and always do the right thing, this kind of shit pisses me off. ya he wasn't harming anyone but he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing plain and simple.

By the way Cox, I wanted to back Dunes last night before you guys went on Pulp, But you owned him. IMO
Nobodys saying it's okay. They are saying it's a really dumb thing to have done.
EmDub425
3/29/2011 11:54am
EmDub425 wrote:
So because he is famous it's ok? I am so tired of famous people thinking they can do whatever the fuck they want and it's ok...

mikem wrote:
Nobodys saying it's okay. They are saying it's a really dumb thing to have done.
plenty of people are saying it's no big deal, because he is rich and famous and just having some fun. This guy has millions, if I had that I am sure I could find something perfectly legal to do.
mikem
3/29/2011 11:55am
EmDub425 wrote:

mikem wrote:
EmDub425 wrote:
plenty of people are saying it's no big deal, because he is rich and famous and just having some fun. This guy has millions, if I...
plenty of people are saying it's no big deal, because he is rich and famous and just having some fun. This guy has millions, if I had that I am sure I could find something perfectly legal to do.
True. And a lot more entertaining.
zippy895
3/29/2011 11:57am
i dont agree. because he is not winning? come on.
its because , he is the most recognized racer on 2 wheels and he knew they were real cops.and then fled !otherwise ,why the hiding of the lights. stupid, plain and simple.
a smarter person with his credentials of being in the media world wide, would of stopped and it would never of gotten this far.
3/29/2011 11:58am
I agree with most of this article but bringing up Pastrana seems kinda lame. Totally irrelevant.

James screwed up in a stupid move and he'll now have to deal with the fallout and move on.....I suspect he will make amends in a big way and one day this whole thing will be turned in to a positive.
zippy895
3/29/2011 12:06pm
and by the way, what t.p. did with the passenger in his car was fucked up!
stupid in a big way.unless the passenger was all for it at the time,then shit happens.
numba1 fan
3/29/2011 12:07pm
cox were you at the court house when you reported this? I dont think this is accurate if you weren't there hahahaha
OldTiddler
3/29/2011 12:09pm
Yeah. I don't think it needs to be argued how what he did wasn't morally reprehensible. People are just starting to characterize his decisions as being self-destructive, like JLaw or Lechien. They care when their idols tear themselves down a little bit.
motosmith
3/29/2011 12:15pm
Cox is a nut hugger.

Good way to make himself look good.
abn166
3/29/2011 12:16pm
speaking as a police officer for the past 18 years, this is a big nothing. bubba got caught doing something really stupid that is also against the law, nothing more nothing less. he wasn't caught robbing a bank or hurting someone, just being stupid.
oldAFI
3/29/2011 12:17pm
Oh Stewart and J-Law... everybody rags on them but they'll be just fine. Slammers have revolving doors anyway.
oldAFI
3/29/2011 12:18pm
abn166 wrote:
speaking as a police officer for the past 18 years, this is a big nothing. bubba got caught doing something really stupid that is also against...
speaking as a police officer for the past 18 years, this is a big nothing. bubba got caught doing something really stupid that is also against the law, nothing more nothing less. he wasn't caught robbing a bank or hurting someone, just being stupid.
dam, you sound like the nicest pig ever!
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
3/29/2011 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2011 12:34pm
numba1 fan wrote:
cox were you at the court house when you reported this? I dont think this is accurate if you weren't there hahahaha
Hahaha!

I'm sure the local news journalists around here who were there are offended. LOL Smile
Let's hope they don't stalk him.

However,I as a fan enjoyed the read.
Thanks, Cox.
3/29/2011 12:31pm
Swing and a miss Mr. Cox.

I respect your opinion on this, but... Bubba answers to the same authorities we do. Run from the law... pay the price. Unless he didnt see the badge.. which is entirely possible, but highly unlikely. He's getting crucified, because most of us wouldnt do something that stupid. He will probably get less penalty than you or I would, simply because he is a bit of a celebrity, and has some cash to afford good lawyers.

With so much at stake, it was a real brainiac move. It has nothing to do with winning or losing. It has everything to do with being stupid. Jeff Emig comes to mind. Because Emig sacked up and stated publicly that he screwed up, he was sorry, and felt he let his fans down, ( and with Emig, you knew he meant it) he became one of my all time favorites. Im betting Bubba does the same.

Winning or losing has nothing to do with it.
Sully22
3/29/2011 12:36pm
sounds like some creative writing....WinkWhistling
Nerd
3/29/2011 12:39pm
Swing and a miss Mr. Cox. I respect your opinion on this, but... Bubba answers to the same authorities we do. Run from the law... pay...

I respect your opinion on this, but... Bubba answers to the same authorities we do. Run from the law... pay the price. Unless he didnt see the badge.. which is entirely possible, but highly unlikely. He's getting crucified, because most of us wouldnt do something that stupid. He will probably get less penalty than you or I would, simply because he is a bit of a celebrity, and has some cash to afford good lawyers.

With so much at stake, it was a real brainiac move. It has nothing to do with winning or losing. It has everything to do with being stupid. Jeff Emig comes to mind. Because Emig sacked up and stated publicly that he screwed up, he was sorry, and felt he let his fans down, ( and with Emig, you knew he meant it) he became one of my all time favorites. Im betting Bubba does the same.

Did you read it? I don't get how people are reading this and concluding that I'm saying it's okay because he's rich, or that he did the right thing, etc.

And winning and losing has a lot to do with it. Emig is a perfect example. He was getting smoked and then had his arrest, and that's why he was fired. If he was leading the championship, not a problem.
raddad
3/29/2011 12:40pm
abn166 wrote:
speaking as a police officer for the past 18 years, this is a big nothing. bubba got caught doing something really stupid that is also against...
oldAFI wrote:
dam, you sound like the nicest pig ever!
Your response is a bit to simple to be believed IMO. Tell me if you are indeed an officer, do you know why there is a law against impersonating an officer? Can you think of some scenarios where doing what he did could cause harm to others? My question is not about if bubba did this or if he was just playing etc etc. its about the law and why it was created.

I think if you or anyone answers my questions you will see its not such an innocent deal and how things could get out of hand real fast..
3/29/2011 12:49pm
I think Stewart will come out of this okay, but his Manfriend may be seeking new employment. I didn't realize that guy was so old (in comparison to Stewart).

And Pastrana swerved to miss a deer!
JLong
3/29/2011 12:52pm
Swing and a miss Mr. Cox. I respect your opinion on this, but... Bubba answers to the same authorities we do. Run from the law... pay...

Nerd wrote:
Did you read it? I don't get how people are reading this and concluding that I'm saying it's okay because he's rich, or that he did...
Did you read it? I don't get how people are reading this and concluding that I'm saying it's okay because he's rich, or that he did the right thing, etc.

And winning and losing has a lot to do with it. Emig is a perfect example. He was getting smoked and then had his arrest, and that's why he was fired. If he was leading the championship, not a problem.
Not always true. Lechein was sent packing shortly after a weed bust in a Japan airport.
3/29/2011 12:58pm

Nerd wrote:
Did you read it? I don't get how people are reading this and concluding that I'm saying it's okay because he's rich, or that he did...

I sure did read it. Its an interesting piece.

Even you know, that if Emig was winning, they would have canned his arse due to the example it sets for the youth of the sport. No team wanted THAT on their image.

Winning or losing... not a thing to do with it.

I bet you it was just boys being stupid. They just pulled a dumb assed move, and got bit.

I agree with you in your frustration that people are reading into it and concluding that you are saying it's okay because he's rich, or that he did the right thing. I didn't do that. I said what I think will be the result because of his celebrity status, and his thick wallet. I also said, that if Bubba comes out and sacks up, I think things will be fine. ( I bet you dollars to donuts he will do just that too. He appears well raised and James senior seems like a straight shooter)

In a way, I will be a bigger James Stewart fan if he does. It shows character, something I value in a person.
OH-MY-GATO
3/29/2011 1:03pm
I think he is out of control. James needs a team manager since they hushed Larry Brooks he is been doing worse and now this stupid prank that he pulled. James should report to somebody or even have fear of getting fired for poor performance, or for pulling stupid pranks. He is to young to be on his own. There should be someone pulling his ear and telling him what to do and how to behave at this level.
peelout
3/29/2011 1:05pm
fired from his own team? that would be a first.

hey cat, wanna get high?

Post a reply to: James Stewart Arrest Perspective

The Latest