James' New Forks

dak446
Edited Date/Time 4/5/2013 6:24am

From his Twitter.
|
dak446
3/30/2013 2:41pm

Didn't see 'em on his bike in this new video of his.
petegrath
3/30/2013 2:54pm
Awesome vid! James looks really, really good.

Don't know why the push to air forks though, as the "light feeling" in the front end of his YZF didn't suit him.
DrSweden
3/30/2013 2:59pm
Holy crap, James looks AMAZING in that vid. I kind of make the the J-Love vids looks a bit silly in the light of this. I dislike the 450s, but seems any other bike wouldn't be up for the task for James. Seely looks good as well, Rattray, well glad he's riding at least...

Damn, I wonder how it would feel to be this good on a bike.

The Shop

dak446
3/30/2013 3:03pm
I'm surprised this is the first 'sighting' of the fork. Seems he's taken a page out of Reedy's book and is announcing things over Twitter
JBods
3/30/2013 4:02pm
Finally technology that can keep up with James
Ripper02
3/30/2013 4:57pm
Nagl and Bobryshev have been running these forks so far this year in the GP's.
mellonhs
3/30/2013 6:03pm
Man... You can really see stewarts speed when slower riders are on the track. Tyla didn't look so good... Maybe that was becausestewart was in the vid too tho.
AS64
Fantasy
2175th
3/30/2013 6:15pm
James was hallin the mail!
bigborefan
3/30/2013 7:18pm
JS7, the fastest practice rider on the planet.

He always looks good until the gate drops in the main event.

I think he is just sandbagging until the outdoors though. He's using SX for practice. He's gonna bring it outdoors.
petegrath
3/30/2013 7:21pm
bigborefan wrote:
JS7, the fastest practice rider on the planet. He always looks good until the gate drops in the main event. I think he is just sandbagging...
JS7, the fastest practice rider on the planet.

He always looks good until the gate drops in the main event.

I think he is just sandbagging until the outdoors though. He's using SX for practice. He's gonna bring it outdoors.
Define "always"...

The dude went 24-0 in the outdoors, not to mention all his SX wins.
bigborefan
3/30/2013 7:48pm
McLoud OK, I grew up there, It's a small world.

Always = lately I guess. He's the fastest man in timed practice, wins a truck load of heats, and sandbags the mains.

It ain't like he's setting the world on fire this year, although he does look smooth. But you fanboys still hold him up as the SX messiah. Anyone looks fast riding a SX track all by themselves and whipping and scrubbin it.

Plus, don't get all riled up, I said he was gonna bring it outdoors didn't I?
RandyS
3/30/2013 7:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2013 7:57pm
petegrath wrote:
Define "always"...

Who go second? ..........Exactly.

James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Kawasaki, 600
Timmy Ferry, Largo, Fla., Kawasaki, 414
Andrew Short, Smithville, Teas., Honda, 392
Michael Byrne, Newman, Ga., Suzuki, 377
Cody Cooper, Tallahassee, Fla., Suzuki, 266
Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., KTM, 264
Josh Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Yamaha, 234
Jeff Alessi, Victorville, Calif., Honda, 233
Sean Hamblin, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha, 225
Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., Suzuki, 221
bigborefan
3/30/2013 8:00pm
petegrath wrote:
Define "always"...

RandyS wrote:
Who go second? ..........Exactly. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Kawasaki, 600 Timmy Ferry, Largo, Fla., Kawasaki, 414 Andrew Short, Smithville, Teas., Honda, 392 Michael Byrne, Newman...

A long time ago, in an MX series, far, far away.......lol!
dak446
3/30/2013 8:04pm
petegrath wrote:
Define "always"...

RandyS wrote:
Who go second? ..........Exactly. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Kawasaki, 600 Timmy Ferry, Largo, Fla., Kawasaki, 414 Andrew Short, Smithville, Teas., Honda, 392 Michael Byrne, Newman...

Who got second when RC did it? Does anyone detract from his wins? You're an idiot. And to activeMX, I didn't know it was out there, but it's not old news. A top rider using new forks is interesting news Imo
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
3/30/2013 8:06pm
dak446 wrote:
[embed][/embed] Didn't see 'em on his bike in this new video of his.

Didn't see 'em on his bike in this new video of his.
phs, who care about js, how about rattray and davalos!
mynewcr250
3/30/2013 8:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2013 8:10pm
DrSweden wrote:
Holy crap, James looks AMAZING in that vid. I kind of make the the J-Love vids looks a bit silly in the light of this. I...
Holy crap, James looks AMAZING in that vid. I kind of make the the J-Love vids looks a bit silly in the light of this. I dislike the 450s, but seems any other bike wouldn't be up for the task for James. Seely looks good as well, Rattray, well glad he's riding at least...

agree on the 450 part...thats a guy that has a right to pilot a big factory 450 around a track.

the downhill wheelie at 5:46, so much style
bigborefan
3/30/2013 8:14pm
DrSweden wrote:
Holy crap, James looks AMAZING in that vid. I kind of make the the J-Love vids looks a bit silly in the light of this. I...

mynewcr250 wrote:
agree on the 450 part...thats a guy that has a right to pilot a big factory 450 around a track. the downhill wheelie at 5:46, so...
agree on the 450 part...thats a guy that has a right to pilot a big factory 450 around a track.

the downhill wheelie at 5:46, so much style
He has looked very smooth this year.
RandyS
3/30/2013 8:32pm
petegrath wrote:
Define "always"...

RandyS wrote:

dak446 wrote:
Who got second when RC did it? Does anyone detract from his wins? You're an idiot. And to activeMX, I didn't know it was out there...
Who got second when RC did it? Does anyone detract from his wins? You're an idiot. And to activeMX, I didn't know it was out there, but it's not old news. A top rider using new forks is interesting news Imo
You fanboys have been hanging your hat on 24-0 for the last 5 years. I'm more impressed with the bike than the rider on that. James is a great rider, he was ahead of the curve the way MC was, then RC and Reed were. In 2008 outdoors he had zero comp, he was that much better. A good second seat factory guy on this way out, and another on his way in. I watched half the video and didn't really think he looked that good, certainly not for him. But you guys see it how you want so it doesn't matter. If everyone is healthy I doubt he'll win more than a handful of motos. The James Stewart as the FMOTP is just tired and hasn't been fact for years.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
3/30/2013 8:41pm
RandyS wrote:

dak446 wrote:
Who got second when RC did it? Does anyone detract from his wins? You're an idiot. And to activeMX, I didn't know it was out there...
RandyS wrote:
You fanboys have been hanging your hat on 24-0 for the last 5 years. I'm more impressed with the bike than the rider on that. James...
You fanboys have been hanging your hat on 24-0 for the last 5 years. I'm more impressed with the bike than the rider on that. James is a great rider, he was ahead of the curve the way MC was, then RC and Reed were. In 2008 outdoors he had zero comp, he was that much better. A good second seat factory guy on this way out, and another on his way in. I watched half the video and didn't really think he looked that good, certainly not for him. But you guys see it how you want so it doesn't matter. If everyone is healthy I doubt he'll win more than a handful of motos. The James Stewart as the FMOTP is just tired and hasn't been fact for years.
But why do you give a shit? As Dak said, who did RC, Reed and Dungey beat to win their championships? By trying to discredit any of those guys accomplishments you only make yourself look stupid.
BigDaddyG
3/30/2013 8:50pm
Stewie only looked good because RV wasnt there.
rcm406
3/30/2013 8:57pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Stewie only looked good because RV wasnt there.
Yea, because RV has won so many 450 outdoor races!DryBlink
RandyS
3/30/2013 9:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2013 9:04pm
dak446 wrote:
RandyS wrote:
You fanboys have been hanging your hat on 24-0 for the last 5 years. I'm more impressed with the bike than the rider on that. James...
gsxrcr28 wrote:
But why do you give a shit? As Dak said, who did RC, Reed and Dungey beat to win their championships? By trying to discredit any...
But why do you give a shit? As Dak said, who did RC, Reed and Dungey beat to win their championships? By trying to discredit any of those guys accomplishments you only make yourself look stupid.
Not trying to discredit any ones accomplishments a tenth of what the James Stewart fan club tries to do to every rider who is not Stewart. Perhaps you missed something I try to make clear whenever I post something about Stewart. Great rider, one of the best ever, not the best ever, one of. Couldn't find either of RCs perfect seasons, only the one where he got 2 seconds. He beat Windham, Fonseca, Vuillemin, Preston, Byrne, Dowd, and Reed/Stewart both who went out halfway through. He got second to Reed and KW one moto each, thanks for asking. Reed and Dungey had a less stacked gate, closer to what Stewart had but they were only slightly better than their comp so neither had a cakewalk and it makes not one bit of difference in 2013 what they did in past years.

This thread was actually quite tame, you have to read into some of the posts to see the fanboys. But it's an off Saturday night, I was bored.
willie838
3/30/2013 9:18pm
so gnarly that on some of the flat corners he's backing it in like a dirttrack rider/ motard/ sportbike racer.

For a florida boy he rides that california hard pack pretty quickly haha
SMITH201
3/30/2013 9:36pm
James looked awesome, but he is always awesome in practice. Especially at his practice track in Florida! Looked like he was having alot of fun Smile

Seely looked solid as well! Hope he has a good run this year outdoors!

Davalos and Rattray looked good, but more like they were just going through the motions of testing.
dak446
3/30/2013 11:40pm
RandyS wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
But why do you give a shit? As Dak said, who did RC, Reed and Dungey beat to win their championships? By trying to discredit any...
RandyS wrote:
Not trying to discredit any ones accomplishments a tenth of what the James Stewart fan club tries to do to every rider who is not Stewart...
Not trying to discredit any ones accomplishments a tenth of what the James Stewart fan club tries to do to every rider who is not Stewart. Perhaps you missed something I try to make clear whenever I post something about Stewart. Great rider, one of the best ever, not the best ever, one of. Couldn't find either of RCs perfect seasons, only the one where he got 2 seconds. He beat Windham, Fonseca, Vuillemin, Preston, Byrne, Dowd, and Reed/Stewart both who went out halfway through. He got second to Reed and KW one moto each, thanks for asking. Reed and Dungey had a less stacked gate, closer to what Stewart had but they were only slightly better than their comp so neither had a cakewalk and it makes not one bit of difference in 2013 what they did in past years.

This thread was actually quite tame, you have to read into some of the posts to see the fanboys. But it's an off Saturday night, I was bored.
Your comment was clearly meant to discredit his accomplishments. Making your last comment as silly as your first one. If you don't think a 24-0 is impressive, regardless of the competition's level, you're a jackwagon.

Post a reply to: James' New Forks

The Latest