James

Hank_Thrill
8/19/2012 9:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2012 9:48pm
yota wrote:
I've lived about 40 minutes from where James grew up for 25 years. Seen him ride many times. Watched him rail Gatorback on a 60 which...
I've lived about 40 minutes from where James grew up for 25 years. Seen him ride many times. Watched him rail Gatorback on a 60 which was a sight to see. One thing I've noticed is that James never seems happy just winning. He seems to need to win by a huge margin, almost like he feels the need to show the other guys how slow they really are compared to him. Like he wants to humiliate the guy in 2nd place. fire away.
You are absolutely right. Now the talent pool has caught up to him, I think it puts pressure on him to step things up another level either, dominate others like you say, or because he grew up with such huge leads, he only feels comfortable when way out in front. Either way, he seems to be pushing the limits extremely hard.

Take Daytona 2011 for example - one week after his Atlanta incident with Reed, going from first to fourth on the final lap - he had a huge lead over Villopoto that night until he went over the bars (I think it was 9 seconds in 4 or 5 laps). He could have totally put it in cruise control, but he seemed to be trying to send a message to the competition by murdering everyone else on the track. He probably would have won by 25 plus seconds had he not crashed.
adastra
8/20/2012 5:03am
At 26 years old, James should be in the absolute competitive prime of his riding and racing. A combination of a mature physicality and all his cumulative e, experience. Granted, he has done a lot of racing in those 26 years. However, If you examine the recent number of crashes and the repeated "misjudgements" and bad decisions, things just do not add up. He started the outdoor season looking good, but all it takes is another head bonk and the issues return. The thing about repeated head trauma is that the collective negative symptoms are so subtle, but yet they are there. In both Supercross and Outdoors he has had so many unusual and uncharacteristic (for him) get offs. At one time he would have saved all of them. Also, once you have had a few serious concussions (and James has), then getting the next one is so easy and the hit can be almost anything. I stick by my statement that the greatest part of the down slide we are observing in James Stewart's racing abilities is neurological.

Big Dog
8/20/2012 5:56am
Flip109 wrote:
2006 FIM World Supercross Grand Prix Champion 2007 FIM World Supercross Grand Prix Champion 2006 Motocross of Nations Champion 2008 Motocross of Nations Champion 2009 FIM...
2006 FIM World Supercross Grand Prix Champion
2007 FIM World Supercross Grand Prix Champion
2006 Motocross of Nations Champion
2008 Motocross of Nations Champion

2009 FIM World Supercross Champion
Regional finals
2003 AMA 125 West Supercross Champion

2004 AMA 125 East Supercross Champion
National finals
2002 AMA 125 Motocross National Champion
2004 AMA 125 Motocross National Champion
2007 AMA Supercross Champion
2008 AMA Motocross National Champion

2009 AMA Supercross Champion

One badass lawn dart. Lol I just enjoy he's still out there. Crash or win he brings it! I say we just
enjoy him while we have him Wink
I really hope James has a successful 2013 SX series & is challenging for wins.
If he starts crashing out of too many more races IMHO he should retire.
He will go down as one of the greats of the sport when he does decide to hang up his boots.
BobbyM
8/20/2012 7:46am
ocscottie wrote:
I seriously dont even understand it anymore....it is practically beyond comprehension.
a repeatedly concussed brain can be beyond comprehension too...literally that may be part of it.

The Shop

jeffro503
8/20/2012 8:09am
adastra wrote:
At 26 years old, James should be in the absolute competitive prime of his riding and racing. A combination of a mature physicality and all his...
At 26 years old, James should be in the absolute competitive prime of his riding and racing. A combination of a mature physicality and all his cumulative e, experience. Granted, he has done a lot of racing in those 26 years. However, If you examine the recent number of crashes and the repeated "misjudgements" and bad decisions, things just do not add up. He started the outdoor season looking good, but all it takes is another head bonk and the issues return. The thing about repeated head trauma is that the collective negative symptoms are so subtle, but yet they are there. In both Supercross and Outdoors he has had so many unusual and uncharacteristic (for him) get offs. At one time he would have saved all of them. Also, once you have had a few serious concussions (and James has), then getting the next one is so easy and the hit can be almost anything. I stick by my statement that the greatest part of the down slide we are observing in James Stewart's racing abilities is neurological.

Big Dog
I think what this dude posted here has more truth to it than what most people know.

I have said this before in the past and got flamed in saying it. And to me it's a very logical explanation of what's going on with some of the wrecks he has. James tends to push it past his limits , and takes unnecessary risks with very little reward.......and if your reaction time is slightly slower than it used to be......bad things can happen.

IF Suzuki is going ahead with a full 3yr contract with James ......he could have another full 3 yrs of this stuff happening.

The selfish side of me wants to see him keep racing because I love watching the guy ride. But the other side of me worries about the dudes health. How many more hits like that can a human body take?

People keep saying " He'll get it figured out ".........it's been 10yrs of this stuff.......when do you think that's actually going to happen?

Shit......I hate saying this......but I highly doubt we'll see James finish out a full 3yrs more of this stuff. I don't see how it could be physically and mentally possible. The next 3yrs could be a really rough ride.
peelout
8/20/2012 8:23am
adastra wrote:
Looking at the type and number of judgement errors and the number of crashes, I have this strong suspicion that James Stewart's numerous concussions over his...
Looking at the type and number of judgement errors and the number of crashes, I have this strong suspicion that James Stewart's numerous concussions over his career have resulted in sufficient long-term damage so that his balance and reflexes are now compromised, and will not allow him to race consistently at the level of his competition. Only time will tell, but I think the wonderful skills that Bubba once demonstrated will now only be memories.

Big Dog
Interesting perspective given the fact that today had more casualties than the Battle of Normandy....you may want to check in with his doctors as well to...
Interesting perspective given the fact that today had more casualties than the Battle of Normandy....you may want to check in with his doctors as well to have your head examined since it appears that you suffer from amnesia.

Do you remember the first 4 races?...Do you remember early in moto 1 today where in the span of 2 laps he was already in Tokyo?
this post is exactly what is wrong with this place.

someone gives their opinion and they just get personal attacks.

try debating a point without coming across like a prick.

regarding James, i agree with some of the other guys that we have seen the best of James already. but props to him for even going to Unadilla, especially with his history there and crashing. bring on SX-2013
8/20/2012 8:34am
adastra wrote:
Looking at the type and number of judgement errors and the number of crashes, I have this strong suspicion that James Stewart's numerous concussions over his...
Looking at the type and number of judgement errors and the number of crashes, I have this strong suspicion that James Stewart's numerous concussions over his career have resulted in sufficient long-term damage so that his balance and reflexes are now compromised, and will not allow him to race consistently at the level of his competition. Only time will tell, but I think the wonderful skills that Bubba once demonstrated will now only be memories.

Big Dog
Interesting perspective given the fact that today had more casualties than the Battle of Normandy....you may want to check in with his doctors as well to...
Interesting perspective given the fact that today had more casualties than the Battle of Normandy....you may want to check in with his doctors as well to have your head examined since it appears that you suffer from amnesia.

Do you remember the first 4 races?...Do you remember early in moto 1 today where in the span of 2 laps he was already in Tokyo?
peelout wrote:
this post is exactly what is wrong with this place. someone gives their opinion and they just get personal attacks. try debating a point without coming...

regarding James, i agree with some of the other guys that we have seen the best of James already. but props to him for even going to Unadilla, especially with his history there and crashing. bring on SX-2013

Irony and hypocrisy
peelout
8/20/2012 8:47am

peelout wrote:
this post is exactly what is wrong with this place. someone gives their opinion and they just get personal attacks. try debating a point without coming...

Irony and hypocrisy
did i call him a prick?

no, i simply said his style came across like one.

move on
8/20/2012 8:50am
peelout wrote:

Irony and hypocrisy
peelout wrote:
did i call him a prick?

no, i simply said his style came across like one.

move on
LMAO. Sure thingWhistling

Post a reply to: James

The Latest