James

bd
8/18/2012 4:22pm
JS7 has an awesome line and it bit him. I believe he was jumping three braking bumps.

According to this thread: JS7, RV2, TC41, and CR22 should be labeled as crashers. All them were out with injuries.

Forgot.... RD5 missed a few SX rounds.
jock
Fantasy
1st
8/18/2012 4:26pm
Hando wrote:
lol @ fools saying he didnt transistion good to the big bikes UM..he's won every title there is to win in motocross .. more than 99.9%...
lol @ fools saying he didnt transistion good to the big bikes

UM..he's won every title there is to win in motocross .. more than 99.9% of the people that will ever walk this earth, let alone ride a motorcycle
True Hando, after he went 24-0 in 2008, everyone in the big boy class better lookout when he does get the transition to the big bikes sorted out. Laughing
level
8/18/2012 4:56pm
I hate that James keeps crashing. He just brings so much excitement to the sport. He may be riding over his head a little bit. Thing about James is he rides so hard. That's how he has always been. He never really plays it safe and it has made him one of the fastest riders ever but the sacrifice is he crashes a lot also. That is Stewart for ya.
Mr. G
8/18/2012 5:11pm
slipdog wrote:
If you don't crash, you ain't riding hard enough!
BAMX wrote:
Or you could use your head and ride within your limits like Dungey. It seems to be working for him even on a bike that half...
Or you could use your head and ride within your limits like Dungey. It seems to be working for him even on a bike that half the people here said wouldn't win a race this year.
A Supercoss only tact is supposed to extend your career as it limits ones exposure, is the wisdom used in his case right? I am beginning to think a guy that goes out and races both series and rides within his limits as has a better chance as he is always out there gaining speed even with the added exposure. But my theory is bunk the moment you consider McGrath. Hmmmm

The Shop

MDMCG
8/18/2012 5:25pm
Hope he heals fast! Loved seeing him out there. He's my favorite 450 rider!
8/18/2012 6:18pm
My theory is that Stewart has lost his 'base'. Base being the years of practice and competition that is stored in your body that allows you to perform at this level. His mind still thinks he is capable but his body is not cooperating. IMO we have already seen the best of James Stewart.
orangecrush
8/18/2012 6:24pm
My theory is that Stewart has lost his 'base'. Base being the years of practice and competition that is stored in your body that allows you...
My theory is that Stewart has lost his 'base'. Base being the years of practice and competition that is stored in your body that allows you to perform at this level. His mind still thinks he is capable but his body is not cooperating. IMO we have already seen the best of James Stewart.
And your reasoning behing Byrne's, Wiemer's and Dungey's crashes? How is it that Dungey goes down and bounces up, yet some don't have quite the luck? What's your deep theory?

Thanks
chrisbuehler
8/18/2012 6:25pm
My theory is that Stewart has lost his 'base'. Base being the years of practice and competition that is stored in your body that allows you...
It's not hard to draw a parallel between his lack of racing and the crashes. Not sure why he skipped Southwick? The sand would have been a more forgiving surface to blow the cobwebs out on. Get into the race flow a little and if he blow a couple line there you aren't hitting the deck
Braaap14
8/18/2012 6:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2012 6:56pm
James cannot race without throwing away.

I do not think we will ever see " bubba " again. Just james, a man lost in his own image who will never know that 4 th & healthy is more valuable that " 1st " and injured.

He has had so many greats to learn from, ricky, even dungey in a sense. . . Think he would learn

Sometimes you have to go slow to go fast.
8/18/2012 7:33pm
M-M wrote:
PR - We'll be back for 2013 sx............wait for it.
And what's wrong with that if that's what they want to do?
TannerMxer
8/18/2012 8:40pm
Wow. The guy is riding out of a contract for the summer to gain some experience to prepare for the 2013 season, which he is doing both series'. He then wins the first 4 motos over the eventual champ. He then gets hurt, tries to come back to early, then takes a break. He then comes back, again without any real need to do so other than be out there for the fans and learn the bike, and leads the race. So what if he crashed. Cut the dude some slack.

Everyone that is complaining about Stewart being out there are the same people complaining that he wasn't out there last year. G*d damn f*cking hypocrites here. Geezus f*cking chr*st.
adastra
8/18/2012 8:46pm
Looking at the type and number of judgement errors and the number of crashes, I have this strong suspicion that James Stewart's numerous concussions over his career have resulted in sufficient long-term damage so that his balance and reflexes are now compromised, and will not allow him to race consistently at the level of his competition. Only time will tell, but I think the wonderful skills that Bubba once demonstrated will now only be memories.

Big Dog
orangecrush
8/18/2012 9:28pm
adastra wrote:
Looking at the type and number of judgement errors and the number of crashes, I have this strong suspicion that James Stewart's numerous concussions over his...
Looking at the type and number of judgement errors and the number of crashes, I have this strong suspicion that James Stewart's numerous concussions over his career have resulted in sufficient long-term damage so that his balance and reflexes are now compromised, and will not allow him to race consistently at the level of his competition. Only time will tell, but I think the wonderful skills that Bubba once demonstrated will now only be memories.

Big Dog
Interesting perspective given the fact that today had more casualties than the Battle of Normandy....you may want to check in with his doctors as well to have your head examined since it appears that you suffer from amnesia.

Do you remember the first 4 races?...Do you remember early in moto 1 today where in the span of 2 laps he was already in Tokyo?
8/18/2012 9:32pm
Interesting perspective given the fact that today had more casualties than the Battle of Normandy....you may want to check in with his doctors as well to...
Interesting perspective given the fact that today had more casualties than the Battle of Normandy....you may want to check in with his doctors as well to have your head examined since it appears that you suffer from amnesia.

Do you remember the first 4 races?...Do you remember early in moto 1 today where in the span of 2 laps he was already in Tokyo?
The Battle of Normandy had over 500,000 causalities so I think you're mistaken.
TerryK
8/18/2012 10:01pm
409,000 between the Allies and the Germans. Just sayin' Tongue \
orangecrush
8/18/2012 10:15pm
Interesting perspective given the fact that today had more casualties than the Battle of Normandy....you may want to check in with his doctors as well to...

only someone with 11 posts and that signed up on August 12th could have known this.
8/18/2012 10:18pm
I don't get it. He really didn't crash this much when he was racing Ricky. I mean he had his Stewart moments but it hasn't ever been this bad. You think he would've crashed more chasing Ricky all that time then hitting the deck while way out front. Maybe there is something to this brain damage thing and not quite having the balance and reflexes he used to have. Who knows. Just makes you wonder.
orangecrush
8/18/2012 10:33pm
Then again, Dungey NEVER crashes and he went down last week (and today) in the same fashion as Stewart in CO and knocks off his gas cap, fuel pours out, he gets a refill, and still finishes 2nd...Gotta be some luck with this stuff too I think. Heck, look sat Townley....And the list goes on. But usually stewie crashes tend sto be more dramatic.

As for reflexes, getting top 3 starts, on a new bike, and after missing most of the season doesn't seem to indicate he lost his speed.

He has one speed and that's really fast. It's his biggest asett and biggest impediment at the same time.
Law 131
8/19/2012 4:14am
I admire the commitment, drive and cohesiveness of the Stewart clan to the goal of winning.

Somewhere along the way, it appears that the value of finishing, at all cost, was lost.
Enduring Champions in our sport have all subscribed to this concept.

Recently, Alessi, has recaptured that concept and his results show it.
FIREfish148
8/19/2012 4:17am
All I know is I hope that kid races till he is older than Roger D. That dude has been and still is 10x more exciting to watch than any other rider out there.

Altough I will admit that watching Burner in the lead was pretty damn cool to watch too. Dudes style it filthy.
Drtbykr
8/19/2012 5:15am
JS7 is my favourite rider since Hannah, but he is different than anyone else who has even thrown a leg over an MX bike. He rides in a fashion that takes a higher level of motor skills than anyone else.

But, those high level skills have a very short and finite time frame in an elite athletes life.

Since I am from Canada, I'll put it in hockey terms. Young NHL goal scorer gets 32 goals his first season, has his peak year of 48 goals at 25, then it is downhill for every year after thay until 20 is a good year at 33 years of age. All about reaction time and motor skills peaking and degressing in humans. In hockey, the term is for goal scorers and skill players, "the hands go first". That is that unbelievable reaction time and skill set that allows a player to rip apart NHL goalies.

James does such high level moves on a bike that no one has ever seen before, but his mind and skills and reaction time can't keep up now due to age. In elite athlete terms, he is old

It's sad, I love the guy because his riding is so out of this world. I love his riding, but JS7 will never be the old James again. He makes moves his reflexes and motor skillscan't cash. He can't stop riding like he has his whole life.

That is my Sunday AM MX philosophy. Hope his spends his millions wisely.
Pryda
8/19/2012 5:54am
JS7 is also my fav. rider.

I think that his lack off racing the past 2 years and the race-to-win mentality he got is what keeps him crashing.
He havent even finished a series for like what? Soon 3 years? Tongue
yota
8/19/2012 6:24am
I've lived about 40 minutes from where James grew up for 25 years. Seen him ride many times. Watched him rail Gatorback on a 60 which was a sight to see. One thing I've noticed is that James never seems happy just winning. He seems to need to win by a huge margin, almost like he feels the need to show the other guys how slow they really are compared to him. Like he wants to humiliate the guy in 2nd place. fire away.
machine
8/19/2012 6:28am
Law 131 wrote:
I admire the commitment, drive and cohesiveness of the Stewart clan to the goal of winning. Somewhere along the way, it appears that the value of...
I admire the commitment, drive and cohesiveness of the Stewart clan to the goal of winning.

Somewhere along the way, it appears that the value of finishing, at all cost, was lost.
Enduring Champions in our sport have all subscribed to this concept.

Recently, Alessi, has recaptured that concept and his results show it.
Good point man....
machine
8/19/2012 6:29am
yota wrote:
I've lived about 40 minutes from where James grew up for 25 years. Seen him ride many times. Watched him rail Gatorback on a 60 which...
I've lived about 40 minutes from where James grew up for 25 years. Seen him ride many times. Watched him rail Gatorback on a 60 which was a sight to see. One thing I've noticed is that James never seems happy just winning. He seems to need to win by a huge margin, almost like he feels the need to show the other guys how slow they really are compared to him. Like he wants to humiliate the guy in 2nd place. fire away.
No fire here, it's true, his reflexes just can't bail him out like they used to.
MX558
8/19/2012 6:31am
yota wrote:
I've lived about 40 minutes from where James grew up for 25 years. Seen him ride many times. Watched him rail Gatorback on a 60 which...
Your probably right but those days are gone as everyone else is just as fast or faster now. I just hope he doesn't have a serious injury.
bultokid
8/19/2012 6:51am
yota wrote:
Actually great point. Watch the dvd Senna, Alain Prost said Senna's strength was his drive to beat him and his weakness was his desire to just completely crush him. He wanted to destroy him so badly that he actually threw away some wins where he could have cruised to say a 10 second victory but crashed out trying to win by 30 seconds.......just way some cats are wired.
JLong
8/19/2012 7:12am
Moto history is merely repeating itself. We've watched all the greats short of RC be injured and retire (Bailey, Magoo) or ultimately fade (Hannah, RJ, MC) from their former glory. James has always been held to a higher standard as if he's super human; and while his abilities have been amazing to watch he is mortal.

Most didn't want to believe it at the time, but the guard began to change the last few rounds of SX in 2009, and at A1 in 2010.

It's always good to see James line up, but it's beginning to have a Travis Pastrana feel to it.
jtomasik
8/19/2012 7:32am
I hate to say it (again), but Stew should retire before he is seriously injured. The guy pushes the riding edge like few others, and lately he's spent more time on the back of the mule than on the bike. He's a great rider...always was. He left his mark as one of the fastest to ever throw a leg over a bike. 'Nuff said.
426Hemi
Fantasy
2757th
8/19/2012 7:37am
Perhaps like others have said, he is just getting older and still wants to ride like he is 16.

Everyone gets old, guys like him and Reed are at the end of the road, while Dungey is hitting his prime.

Next year if all the riders are healthy, will we see Reed and James on the podium? Or will it be RV, Dungey and Canard, Barcia, Wilson?

Post a reply to: James

The Latest