Jalek Swoll on Gypsy Tales

sandtrack315
What an incredible young man. I am really excited for the movie he mentions with Troy Adamitis.

|
10/8/2021 12:06pm
I watched some previews yesterday. Then I got really curious what his dad did to get locked up. It appears that he was a MAJOR drug trafficker for cocaine back in the day.
G-man
10/8/2021 1:27pm
Funny this thread came up as I've been listening to it this morning.

Always like a underdog and Jalek has been one his whole life. Not easy trying to be a Pro without your Dad being there to support you through your journey.

Was a fan before he won his first National and when he finally did it I was stoked for him and his Mom.

He is mature and level headed way beyond his age. 👍

The Shop

USA
Fantasy
507th
10/8/2021 2:58pm
Jalek is my absolute favorite guy to root for in a while. I like his personality and his sense of humor is right on the money. Thanks for sharing this, I will listen to the whole interview.

Seriously, Jalek is awesome, I hope he has a great year next year.
three9zero
10/8/2021 4:00pm
I watched some previews yesterday. Then I got really curious what his dad did to get locked up. It appears that he was a MAJOR drug...
I watched some previews yesterday. Then I got really curious what his dad did to get locked up. It appears that he was a MAJOR drug trafficker for cocaine back in the day.
Yikes....
10/8/2021 4:04pm
I didn’t know anything about Jalek until I listened to this. It is unbelievable what he has been able to accomplish considering the cards he was dealt. I also earned a newfound respect for both Chuck Bell and the Ferrys for stepping up and providing the guidance and support that was necessary at such a critical time in Jalek’s life. I can’t wait to see the movie Troy Adamitis is producing with Jalek about his rise to success.

I only wish the Gypsy guy would stop talking about himself so much. For some reason he felt compelled to match every story Jalek had about his upbringing with one of his own. It got pretty cringeworthy after a while.
10/8/2021 4:22pm
I didn’t know anything about Jalek until I listened to this. It is unbelievable what he has been able to accomplish considering the cards he was...
I didn’t know anything about Jalek until I listened to this. It is unbelievable what he has been able to accomplish considering the cards he was dealt. I also earned a newfound respect for both Chuck Bell and the Ferrys for stepping up and providing the guidance and support that was necessary at such a critical time in Jalek’s life. I can’t wait to see the movie Troy Adamitis is producing with Jalek about his rise to success.

I only wish the Gypsy guy would stop talking about himself so much. For some reason he felt compelled to match every story Jalek had about his upbringing with one of his own. It got pretty cringeworthy after a while.
Yea he always does that. It’s okay to do it at times but he overdoes it for all his guest
10/8/2021 7:42pm
I didn’t know anything about Jalek until I listened to this. It is unbelievable what he has been able to accomplish considering the cards he was...

I agree. He has some great guests on and some rad stories but he always has a yarn about himself to go with it.

I’m having a moan yes, but I still enjoy the podcast just find old mate a bit hard to listen too.

Maybe pump the brakes on the cone before the show ….
Sully
10/8/2021 8:25pm
I watched some previews yesterday. Then I got really curious what his dad did to get locked up. It appears that he was a MAJOR drug...
That’s crazy. I watched a bit of it yesterday, and was thinking something white collar based off of him telling Jalek he ‘may being going away for awhile.’
10/9/2021 2:55am

Now I may be biased being an Aussie but the way I took the conversation was that he was trying to relate to Jalek not match him. Is that not the core of a good conversation? Building and understanding and relationship with who you are talking to to maximise the conversations potential? I dunno I thought Jase did a good job but I do understand what people are saying, but try and think of it as a way to maximise the conversations potential not a comparison.
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
10/9/2021 7:13am

Now I may be biased being an Aussie but the way I took the conversation was that he was trying to relate to Jalek not match...
Now I may be biased being an Aussie but the way I took the conversation was that he was trying to relate to Jalek not match him. Is that not the core of a good conversation? Building and understanding and relationship with who you are talking to to maximise the conversations potential? I dunno I thought Jase did a good job but I do understand what people are saying, but try and think of it as a way to maximise the conversations potential not a comparison.
Why would you being Australian make you biased? I’ve literally never in my life ever said “I may be American so I may be biased…” when talking about another person.

I can’t even wrap my head around that.
kage173
10/9/2021 7:28am

Now I may be biased being an Aussie but the way I took the conversation was that he was trying to relate to Jalek not match...
Agreed. This seems to be Gypsy's way of getting guys to open up. And obviously by this thread, it works. I've heard others interview Jalek a few times and never got close to this depth of what has shaped Jalek and how he handles it so well.

This is why I say the more podcasts the better. Different styles lead to better content
10/9/2021 7:39am

kage173 wrote:
Agreed. This seems to be Gypsy's way of getting guys to open up. And obviously by this thread, it works. I've heard others interview Jalek a...
Agreed. This seems to be Gypsy's way of getting guys to open up. And obviously by this thread, it works. I've heard others interview Jalek a few times and never got close to this depth of what has shaped Jalek and how he handles it so well.

This is why I say the more podcasts the better. Different styles lead to better content
Yes agreed, people have to understand that these are kids riding dirt bikes their social skills aren't the best and the environment of being a pro rider genera puts these dudes into a very closed and sheltered life, I do think Jase talks too much at times but yeah it's a way of getting them to open up.

Jase on other guests like the politician he had on recently he barely talked compared to when he's talking to riders.
Richy
10/9/2021 8:14am
To give Jase his due, he seems to be working on / has worked on not talking over people, chilling out a little on the BJJ chatter and going off on 3 minute tangents... on the flip side like someone already mentioned it does make it personal and gets folks talking, so it does work.

I'm sure it's still a work in progress and I get it that it riles some people up, but the dude's doing what he can and for the most part it seems to help the process more than it hinders it.
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
10/9/2021 8:20am
agn5008 wrote:
Why would you being Australian make you biased? I’ve literally never in my life ever said “I may be American so I may be biased…” when...
Why would you being Australian make you biased? I’ve literally never in my life ever said “I may be American so I may be biased…” when talking about another person.

Thats because Americans think they are the only country in the world. The rest of the world thinks more like Toby Williams from Australia.
snackfedbear
10/9/2021 8:40am
agn5008 wrote:
Why would you being Australian make you biased? I’ve literally never in my life ever said “I may be American so I may be biased…” when...

That’s because America fucking rules and everywhere else is just a territory
Sandusky26
10/9/2021 2:16pm
That’s because America fucking rules and everywhere else is just a territory
Fuckin tell em
CPR
10/9/2021 3:23pm
agn5008 wrote:

motokiwi wrote:
Thats because Americans think they are the only country in the world. The rest of the world thinks more like Toby Williams from Australia.
Thanks Kiwi, I was just about to reply to agn’s comment, probably a little more diplomatically, but I like your direct approach 😂
10/10/2021 3:55pm
CPR wrote:
Thanks Kiwi, I was just about to reply to agn’s comment, probably a little more diplomatically, but I like your direct approach 😂
Wow I knew that comment would cop some flak but jeeez there’s some touchy people here. Motokiwi standing tall with the Aussies like we always have!! haha legend
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
10/10/2021 4:01pm
another gypsy tales podcast another forum, another whole bunch of people hating..

loved this podcast, was wicked. say what you want but he manages to get some great interviews and good insights we dont get from others.

GypsyGang
fanger
10/10/2021 4:43pm
The way I see it, old mate gypsy is having a conversation with his guest and not an interview. We're literally listening to some guy talk to people for a living. Would be kinda dumb if he didn't have much to say himself.
Crush
10/10/2021 5:45pm
fanger wrote:
The way I see it, old mate gypsy is having a conversation with his guest and not an interview. We're literally listening to some guy talk...
The way I see it, old mate gypsy is having a conversation with his guest and not an interview. We're literally listening to some guy talk to people for a living. Would be kinda dumb if he didn't have much to say himself.
Yeah that's it... podcasts can be done different ways. Gypsy is actually going for a loosely structured personal conversation, albeit with a lot of cuss words, rather than interview or an interview with some level of relationship finding, ala Weege or Matthes.

I'm fine with it, it's free content that on the most part is good and he's getting views and reviews going so mustn't be that bad.
10/10/2021 6:25pm
Mathes does a great job with race recaps, getting riders on after a race to get the more honest take on situations that went down and how they really felt about it, or hearing about little situations that TV didn't catch. Pulp has more of a "shoot the shit" vibe, which is fun to listen to to wind down after a race weekend.

Ping and Jase have the pods to check out when you want to know the start-to-back story of a rider. Learned a lot about Jalek from this one, from the struggle coming up with his family dynamic to the overall maturity and humbleness that you hear from him when he speaks about it. I was a fan before hearing the pod, but I'm a bigger fan now.
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
10/10/2021 9:37pm
Judge all you want, he isn't perfect nor is Matthes, swap or anyone else but fuck he is pulling all the guest to provide everyone with shit to listen too.

How many other podcast where they dive into deep conversations like what Jase does?

Well you got WTS but he doesn't have the guest that Jase has
Fourth_Floor
10/11/2021 12:24pm
Just imagine for a minute how much work goes into getting to the pro, factory rider level of the sport. Jalek had to work about 5 times harder than that. Much respect.
Hudd_421
10/11/2021 12:44pm
Y'all do realize Steve does in-depth, career-spannng, one-on-one conversations right???

Virtually every guest WTS has had, has already done a long-form pod, some even 10 years ago.

I like Steve/Swap/DMXS/WTS all, and would encourage everyone to listen to them all. I think you would all be surprised the cool little facts or stories Steve gets out of the riders/mechanics because he was usually in the trenches, or had studied extensively.
B Lenny
10/11/2021 3:45pm
Did he wear that "Ice Cube" shirt to be cool?...Dry

Post a reply to: Jalek Swoll on Gypsy Tales

The Latest