Jalek Swoll O/A at High Point? That's kinda HUGE!

TeamGreen
Edited Date/Time 6/21/2021 12:44pm
1st time on the box & he does it with an over-all? Damn!

The first thing I noticed was that it's the 1st time I've seen him ride loose the entire moto/motos & he went WHERE-EVER he had to in order to maintain his speed and...like they say on TV all day..."keep his momentum". There was a bit of good ol' fashioned Reckless Abandon that I haven't seen until yesterday, also.

Consistently Great Starts certainly help get things going in both motos, too. But, let's not over-look the fact that the track was gnarly and he made his way to the front of the 1st moto and stayed there. 2nd Moto? He got a good start and did an excellent job of "survival". That late 2nd moto charge by Marchbanks deserves a mention here, too.

On the podium he was a class act: He started off dedicating it to Rocky...a very cool dude and a class-act as a race dad, too. RIP, Rocky.

I was stoked seeing how the ENTIRE TEAM was celebrating the win. Nice.
Or DeanO cheering while rolling up to Jalek's 1st moto podium on his way to the gate for his (Dean's) 2nd moto? Classic Dean.

They are an amazing group of people and it's damn nice to see them have a great day.

Congrat's to Jalek & Jeb, his mechanic, and the entire Team.
|
ridge
6/20/2021 9:52am
I was stoked...seems like a good kid. It's so cool to see that kind of emotion.
jgmxdad251
6/20/2021 10:06am
That was impressive! It’s awesome to have another young winner!
luke11
Fantasy
2280th
6/20/2021 10:14am
Don’t know how you could not like that kid. Very well done, came out of nowhere but if he keeps building on that he’ll have a good future!
philG
6/20/2021 10:21am
TeamGreen wrote:
1st time on the box & he does it with an over-all? Damn! The first thing I noticed was that it's the 1st time I've seen...

The first thing I noticed was that it's the 1st time I've seen him ride loose the entire moto/motos & he went WHERE-EVER he had to in order to maintain his speed and...like they say on TV all day..."keep his momentum". There was a bit of good ol' fashioned Reckless Abandon that I haven't seen until yesterday, also.

Consistently Great Starts certainly help get things going in both motos, too. But, let's not over-look the fact that the track was gnarly and he made his way to the front of the 1st moto and stayed there. 2nd Moto? He got a good start and did an excellent job of "survival". That late 2nd moto charge by Marchbanks deserves a mention here, too.

On the podium he was a class act: He started off dedicating it to Rocky...a very cool dude and a class-act as a race dad, too. RIP, Rocky.

Or DeanO cheering while rolling up to Jalek's 1st moto podium on his way to the gate for his (Dean's) 2nd moto? Classic Dean.

They are an amazing group of people and it's damn nice to see them have a great day.

You could say that its the first time ever he has been able to go where he wanted, to maintain his speed, instead of the follow my leader Rut Fests we have seen in the past.

The ability for riders to actually race each other, instead of the track, was apparent in both classes at High Point.

Good to see him back up his first race result, Hampshire didnt manage to get anywhere near his first race speed in Moto 2 when he should have been in the position Swoll was.

Always good to see a new winner.

The Shop

LKHill
6/20/2021 10:43am
High Point has a way of keeping things interesting.
TeamGreen
6/20/2021 10:51am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2021 10:52am
LKHill wrote:
High Point has a way of keeping things interesting.
The track was BRUTAL. It kinda "even'd out the playing field". Also, it was extremely demanding, physically, and that seems...to me, at-least, to have made Eli's head go "Click". As in his Attack-Mode Switch going "Click".He laid down a 2:03.580 on a track that was HAMMERED.

That "Brutally Nasty Assed" track is what has me soooo blown away at "how" and on "what day" Jalek seems to have said..."It's time. Let's do this!"

Damn

That was real Out-Door Racing.

That was some old-school kinda stuff.
Mavetism
6/20/2021 11:32am
Hard to not root for a guy that has this level of excitement, you can tell this meant the world to him. Hope we see more of this!
H4L
6/20/2021 11:32am
Congratz to Jalek ! That was an impressive ride by him. He rode with a lot of composure for a young rider. Hope he keeps it up the rest of the mx series.
gt80rider
6/20/2021 11:33am
Fantastic ride...!! Stoked to see him with success so early in his career
SCC
6/20/2021 12:00pm
Such a great story. The man rides with heart. Really improved the 250mx series parity for the rest of the year. That track was awesome to watch.
mxracer816
Fantasy
2864th
6/20/2021 12:10pm
The live video of him and his mechanic directly after said it all to me. Hope to see him continue to knock out podium finishes and do well the rest of the summer!
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
6/20/2021 12:11pm
Was very happy for him seeing he got the overall. I hope this gives him a big confidence boost. Lot of first time winners this year.
HuskyEd
6/20/2021 1:43pm
I was uber stoked for Jalek. A lot of people had written him off. I'm hoping he continues with this momentum.
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
6/20/2021 1:53pm
I became a fan during SX when they did a story on him. Seems like a great kid. Congratulations Jalek!!!
9bro9
6/20/2021 1:59pm
1st win on Father's Day weekend, that's got to be a special one for Jalek, Husky and the Swoll fam.
Nairb#70
6/20/2021 5:59pm
I wouldnt say he came out of nowhere but damn close. He must have been hiding something somewhere.
8tensolutions
6/20/2021 6:42pm
TeamGreen wrote:
1st time on the box & he does it with an over-all? Damn! The first thing I noticed was that it's the 1st time I've seen...

Great post and 100% agree. That was awesome to watch.
davistld01
6/21/2021 4:51am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2021 4:52am
Forgive my ignorance, but was James Stewart ever involved with Jalek Swoll as a coach or mentor? Seems like I read that somewhere.

Whether he is/was or not…Swoll is the real deal.
The Moto Log
6/21/2021 5:26am
davistld01 wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but was James Stewart ever involved with Jalek Swoll as a coach or mentor? Seems like I read that somewhere. Whether he is/was...
Forgive my ignorance, but was James Stewart ever involved with Jalek Swoll as a coach or mentor? Seems like I read that somewhere.

Whether he is/was or not…Swoll is the real deal.
He is a MotoSandbox/Tim Ferry kid.
Payup_199
6/21/2021 5:44am
They have been saying the championship starts at highpoint as of lately... But after the results of both classes this weekend I have no F'ing clue what to think anymore of the season. HAHA. Underdog wins and Eli came out of his hole for 1 moto.
Stoneface
6/21/2021 10:16am
Big win for Team Husky, especially after losing Anderson and Osbourne to injury so early in the season. I’m shocked by Swoll’s win. Putting two motos together like that on a such a demanding track is badass! It will be great to see how his race craft progresses from here.

You’ve got to think that Hampshire could and should win a National for Husky this season too. His bad luck streak has to break sometime doesn’t it?

I wonder if the team will adjust their support of Dean Wilson now that he is their sole 450 rider? Would love to see him up in the top ten.
TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
6/21/2021 10:21am
Stoneface wrote:
Big win for Team Husky, especially after losing Anderson and Osbourne to injury so early in the season. I’m shocked by Swoll’s win. Putting two motos...
Big win for Team Husky, especially after losing Anderson and Osbourne to injury so early in the season. I’m shocked by Swoll’s win. Putting two motos together like that on a such a demanding track is badass! It will be great to see how his race craft progresses from here.

You’ve got to think that Hampshire could and should win a National for Husky this season too. His bad luck streak has to break sometime doesn’t it?

I wonder if the team will adjust their support of Dean Wilson now that he is their sole 450 rider? Would love to see him up in the top ten.
Wait, do you think lack of support from his employer is why Dean Wilson isn't up front?

I guarantee you he has had every single resource that Ando and Osbourne have been provided by Rockstar.
9bro9
6/21/2021 10:52am
Stoneface wrote:
Big win for Team Husky, especially after losing Anderson and Osbourne to injury so early in the season. I’m shocked by Swoll’s win. Putting two motos...

Dean has been dealing with some "personal issues" that he's not disclosing. He's been saying it on Instagram, and says he'll open up about it when the time is right.

Leads me to believe this is part of why his results have been lackluster...

Hope he can figure it out, this is a big year for him as he's been training at Baker's TF this year... shelled out some good money for that.
Stoneface
6/21/2021 11:21am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2021 12:44pm
Wait, do you think lack of support from his employer is why Dean Wilson isn't up front? I guarantee you he has had every single resource...
Wait, do you think lack of support from his employer is why Dean Wilson isn't up front?

I guarantee you he has had every single resource that Ando and Osbourne have been provided by Rockstar.
No, I phrased it poorly. I’m wondering if being in the spotlight as the sole Team Husky 450 rider will do positive things for him. By team adjustments I was thinking they might have a bigger pool of people helping with his program.

Post a reply to: Jalek Swoll O/A at High Point? That's kinda HUGE!

The Latest