Jake Nicholls to compete at RedBud!

7/8/2018 11:32am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Is he racing any more AMA nationals ?
I think he’s planning to do at least one more. He told Matthes during Red Bud post race interview that he wants to race Ironman.
Whip
Fantasy
3248th
7/8/2018 1:57pm
Robgvx wrote:
Not bad for a part-timer who works through the week.
Your definition of work is obviously different to mine.

Nothing wrong with riding on dad's dime, he rode solid at RedBud!
RG1
7/8/2018 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2018 2:55pm
Beeby wrote:
I was there, he looked pretty solid. He didn’t seem to have any issues with any sections and rode a tough track well. I bet he...
I was there, he looked pretty solid. He didn’t seem to have any issues with any sections and rode a tough track well. I bet he enjoyed the experience. A solid top ten and experience at red bud does make you wonder if he could be a consideration for the mxdn. Perhaps a stand in if the first choice GP riders don’t get to it healthy?
Definitely worth considering as a stand in rider, but both Searle and Anstie have rode there and both seem to be getting better as the season...
Definitely worth considering as a stand in rider, but both Searle and Anstie have rode there and both seem to be getting better as the season goes on and we have some very solid mx2 riders Watson, Sterry and Mewse.
I feel a podium again this year
moto#52 wrote:
At the moment for me Nicholls and Watson should be definite picks then the last one out of Searle and anstie
I would love to know how you arrived at the decision to say that Nicholls should be a definite pick for MXoN. Watson is the only definite, Anstie and Searle are highly probable the way things are going. If Simpson gets himself fit and finds some form he could get in there. I like Nicholls, but it's going to take multiple injuries for him to be on the team

The Shop

philG
7/9/2018 1:17pm
Definitely worth considering as a stand in rider, but both Searle and Anstie have rode there and both seem to be getting better as the season...
Definitely worth considering as a stand in rider, but both Searle and Anstie have rode there and both seem to be getting better as the season goes on and we have some very solid mx2 riders Watson, Sterry and Mewse.
I feel a podium again this year
moto#52 wrote:
At the moment for me Nicholls and Watson should be definite picks then the last one out of Searle and anstie
RG1 wrote:
I would love to know how you arrived at the decision to say that Nicholls should be a definite pick for MXoN. Watson is the only...
I would love to know how you arrived at the decision to say that Nicholls should be a definite pick for MXoN. Watson is the only definite, Anstie and Searle are highly probable the way things are going. If Simpson gets himself fit and finds some form he could get in there. I like Nicholls, but it's going to take multiple injuries for him to be on the team
Look on the bright side, at least its not Brad Anderson.

Watson is a no brainer this year, the other 2 are from Jake, Max and Tommy, As it stands now, Jake is the reserve but not by much.. any injuries and he is in, which s a good place to be, he is in front of Shaun Simpson , who has had a wretched year , with injury and illness.
500guy
7/9/2018 1:52pm
Watson is really impressive.
TymeMoto
7/9/2018 3:06pm
BobPA wrote:
Anyone have a pic of his bike? I always wondered what my number would look like at a national...(454)
TymeMoto
7/9/2018 3:07pm
BobPA wrote:
Anyone have a pic of his bike? I always wondered what my number would look like at a national...(454)

7/10/2018 4:32am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not sure what you're trying to say here but I'm fairly certain that when he came to Canada he had the same bike Facciotti is riding...
Not sure what you're trying to say here but I'm fairly certain that when he came to Canada he had the same bike Facciotti is riding. GDR Honda has one of the best bikes lining up.

Were you expecting him to come over here and just wax everyone?
philG wrote:
Jake said on the pulp show, they bought suspension , bolted that in , and that was it, and while it wasnt a bad bike, it...
Jake said on the pulp show, they bought suspension , bolted that in , and that was it, and while it wasnt a bad bike, it was a lot different to what he has in the UK.. this time they are building a bike; with all the parts they use on his own bike, including ECU and other bits that simply wernt able to be done in Canada. And they will have bit more test time too.

Locurcio went 7-7 last week, it's not a deep field.
Jake raced the exact same bike at Red Bud as he did at Round 2 of the Canadian Nationals which is a bike that Colton races the Canadian Arenacross rounds in and now uses for some testing. Colton and Jake use quite similar bike setups and the only parts that were changed were suspension and handlebar bend. Colton uses KYB and Jake use Showa. Hope that clears it up for you.
Bearuno
7/10/2018 5:57am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2018 7:31am
Robgvx wrote:
Not bad for a part-timer who works through the week.
Whip wrote:
Your definition of work is obviously different to mine.

Nothing wrong with riding on dad's dime, he rode solid at RedBud!
This exchange interests me.

I've been reading Brit Mags for years now - Moto (gone) Dirt Bike Rider, TMX and others.

I've always got the impression Jake comes from quite a deal of 'money'. Nothing wrong with that, as our sport really doesn't lend itself to those without access to it - Money.

I think I recall a nickname for him being "The Reverend" - I think that came from the house he lived in - an 'Estate', perhaps?

Some criticism I've read of him, for a long time now, hinted at how he really didn't need to succeed in racing.

Me: I, saw a fair few injuries always getting in the road, at the worst possible time.

He's riding for Dave Thorpes team this year, isn't he? I thought they were the Official Honda Britain Team. Yet, Rob implies he's a working man between races. Interesting, I thought he'd be a full time rider.

Perhaps he's in the process of setting himself up with businesses for his future out of racing? Though, I've never read much about anything like that in his writings each month in DBR - just racing, training, holidaying and his girl, Blu.

I follow the British Championships pretty avidly - well, a damned sight more than I do with the OZ series. And, with that, I have a lot of interest in the many very, very good British riders, and the Euros that race in it. But, it always seems injuries really hit them - the Brits - hard. I'd like to see a Brit get a World Championships again - despite them being a bunch of Pommie B*****ds.......

If he wins the Brit title, and now has done well at RedBud, and perhaps Ironman, and is healthy, he'd seem to be a shoe-in for the Brit Team.

Watson ( the brothers are fantastic - though one had to pursue a living in another branch of the sport), if he's healthy, is the logical 250F rider.

So then it's for the other '450' rider. Deano ready by then, and back up to speed? Searle healthy and firing? Simpson, the same? * Oops - forgot Anstie in my first writings * Deano, if healed and 'on it', would be a significant saving in cost, that's for sure, being already there.

DoubleA
7/10/2018 6:06am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2018 6:08am
Jake is a pen pusher for his Dads company. Looks like he works 3-4days a week, surprisingly there is a lot of British riders who work during the week as well.
DC
7/10/2018 7:22am
Good guy, rode his ass off, would have done better without a second-motor spill. He was stoked on tenth but bummed about the fall, it cost him his momentum and a couple spots in the overall tally. It's always cool to see guys come in for a race or two, whether it's Herlings or DeSalle or Jake. I think he enjoyed the whole experience, and he was pumped when I told him England had gone through in the World Cup that morning...

DC
Racer X
Bearuno
7/10/2018 7:39am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2018 9:10am
DoubleA wrote:
Jake is a pen pusher for his Dads company. Looks like he works 3-4days a week, surprisingly there is a lot of British riders who work...
Jake is a pen pusher for his Dads company. Looks like he works 3-4days a week, surprisingly there is a lot of British riders who work during the week as well.
What's his dad's company / companies doing?

Was it some sort of property development? I think I have read once or twice in his DBR writings that he was doing up a house or two, himself. But, that may have been just about his own house / residence.

It's logical to move into the coming rest of your life, a bit more gradually than the sudden 'cold turkey' many racers have. Jake seemed to be downscaling his racing after dropping out of the GPs. Though, if he wins the Brits, he might keep on for a while yet.

Post a reply to: Jake Nicholls to compete at RedBud!

The Latest