Jake Nicholls to compete at RedBud!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2018 3:03 PM

Current redplate holder here in the UK flying over to race redbud to check an item off his bucket list.

Redbud always been my favourite race of the year so it's cool to see a British rider give it a go. Interested to see how he will do for sure!

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

7/4/2018 1:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 1:46 PM

Crickets on this, disappointing!

Hopefully he can turn a few heads though, I figure he'll be around the 10th-15th range.

|

7/4/2018 1:45 PM

Awesome, looking forward to see how he does. Surely a top 10 is possible?

|

7/4/2018 1:57 PM

Teejay wrote:

Looking at the field in 450s, he should be around 8th-12th.

|

7/4/2018 2:04 PM

He has been really good on the Honda this year, from a recent interview seems to have changed priorities and is not interested in gps anymore
Hope it goes well for him, i remember him always at my local track flying on a 65 !

|

7/4/2018 2:17 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

6-6 He is bringing a mechanic and proper parts this time.. wont be like Canada. Jake is a solid rider, good starts he will be up there, If Kenny is still a bit off, he could even be top Honda.

|

7/4/2018 2:18 PM

There were a couple threads about this earlier. Looking forward to see how he does .

|

7/4/2018 2:30 PM

Teejay wrote:

devindavisphoto wrote:

philG wrote:

6-6 He is bringing a mechanic and proper parts this time.. wont be like Canada. Jake is a solid rider, good starts he will be up there, If Kenny is still a bit off, he could even be top Honda.

6-6 in Pro AMA nationals is like winning both motos in the Canadian nationals by 30 seconds....., he finished 30 seconds behind the winner both motos in Canada. The Michigan heat and humidity will be insane, I'd love to see him 6-6 though.

|

7/4/2018 2:30 PM

Teejay wrote:

devindavisphoto wrote:

philG wrote:

Not sure what you're trying to say here but I'm fairly certain that when he came to Canada he had the same bike Facciotti is riding. GDR Honda has one of the best bikes lining up.

Were you expecting him to come over here and just wax everyone?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/4/2018 2:55 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

philG wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not sure what you're trying to say here but I'm fairly certain that when he came to Canada he had the same bike Facciotti is riding. GDR Honda has one of the best bikes lining up.

Dude, he would have been 2 sec a lap faster with "proper parts" on his bike, thus easily smoking Colton both motos.

|

7/4/2018 3:00 PM

Peick went 6-6 in Tennesee . Bloss went 6-6 at Southwick....Can he beat those guys ?

|

7/4/2018 3:07 PM

philG wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

three9zero wrote:

Dude, he would have been 2 sec a lap faster with "proper parts" on his bike, thus easily smoking Colton both motos.

LOL. Totally dude.

Wouldn't have made much of a difference if you ask me. Colt was on it.

|

7/4/2018 3:37 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Peick went 6-6 in Tennesee . Bloss went 6-6 at Southwick....Can he beat those guys ?

Doubtful, he could top ten but 6-6 is a bit optimistic. Although I'm interested to see what proper motocross parts look like, maybe someone should let GDR Honda know that they're using the wrong parts?

|

7/4/2018 3:42 PM

So a Brit wants to come over here around July 4th and impose colonial rule?

|

7/4/2018 3:58 PM

three9zero wrote:

Haha ya ok. I was at the race, I don’t see how he would have gained 2 seconds a lap with a few more parts. He seems like a great rider and great guy but he’ll be lucky to get a top 10.

|

7/4/2018 4:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 4:03 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

three9zero wrote:

jbrown15 wrote:

Haha ya ok. I was at the race, I don’t see how he would have gained 2 seconds a lap with a few more parts. He seems like a great rider and great guy but he’ll be lucky to get a top 10.

He was being sarcastic.

|

7/4/2018 4:06 PM

three9zero wrote:

jbrown15 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

He was being sarcastic.

Haha gotcha.

|

7/4/2018 4:11 PM

12-12 on the day is my guess.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

7/4/2018 6:45 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

three9zero wrote:

jbrown15 wrote:

You need "proper parts" for your sarcasm detector, for sure 2 seconds a lap faster.

|

7/4/2018 8:55 PM

three9zero wrote:

You need "proper parts" for your sarcasm detector, for sure 2 seconds a lap faster.

I've seen the error of my ways, I'm thinking its probably more like 3 secs a lap...lol

|

7/4/2018 10:50 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Jake said on the pulp show, they bought suspension , bolted that in , and that was it, and while it wasnt a bad bike, it was a lot different to what he has in the UK.. this time they are building a bike; with all the parts they use on his own bike, including ECU and other bits that simply wernt able to be done in Canada. And they will have bit more test time too.

Locurcio went 7-7 last week, it's not a deep field.

|

7/4/2018 11:04 PM

Racer111 wrote:

12-12 on the day is my guess.

I'll go with 9-12.

|

7/4/2018 11:21 PM

philG wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

philG wrote:

Jake said on the pulp show, they bought suspension , bolted that in , and that was it, and while it wasnt a bad bike, it was a lot different to what he has in the UK.. this time they are building a bike; with all the parts they use on his own bike, including ECU and other bits that simply wernt able to be done in Canada. And they will have bit more test time too.

Do you know if he's contracted to race the British MX series next year? Kind of hoping he comes here full time next year.

|

7/4/2018 11:36 PM

6-12

|

7/4/2018 11:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 11:59 PM

philG wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

philG wrote:

You are correct but he was still on a Factory GDR Honda bike, it's not like they threw his suspension on a stock 2018 Honda and sent him out to race.

|

7/5/2018 12:09 AM

he will be top 10 in both motos i reckon,

ill go 7-9

|

7/5/2018 12:42 AM

Drove to Sherwood on Sunday to watch and he was flying. Fell off first lap in the 1st moto, 20sec back on the next guy and managed to finish 3rd. I'm going 7-8.

|

7/5/2018 7:54 AM

9-14

|

7/5/2018 8:55 AM

philG wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

philG wrote:

I agree with you on the field depth, never before has there been a need to move riders out of the development class as there is this year.

|

7/5/2018 11:58 AM

three9zero wrote:

I agree with you on the field depth, never before has there been a need to move riders out of the development class as there is this year.

Shaun Simpson went 4-8 in a deep field that had Anderson go 7-14 in 2015 at Unadilla, its nothing like that now. The fact that guys can pull down huge bucks on a 250 and earn fuck all on a 450 needs sorting.

And while i said Locurcio went 7-7 , it wasnt meant to deride him, he made up a bunch of places to get there, passing Peick and Webb in one moto, he is riding well, his privateer island interview was cool.

I just think Jake is in a good place and riding well, and will make the most of it.

|