Jake Canada

TerryK
Edited Date/Time 1/14/2013 12:40pm
Is he riding without his helmet done up??
|
M-M
1/12/2013 8:33pm
Yeah, just been black flagged
1/12/2013 8:52pm
Yeah saw that one coming too. I'm surprised he didn't take his time to do it up, they were never gonna let that one slide.

The Shop

Thelen20
1/12/2013 8:54pm
How does somebody put that much money into going racing and not have his helmet ready when he is on the gate for the second time??? I mean who took his hats off device out and didn't put it back???
1/12/2013 8:54pm
Its ironic. The whole reason he didnt have it on was because he was waiting for the safety release thing. Then he ends up racing without it strapped up which is about as risky as it gets.
1/12/2013 8:56pm
Its ironic. The whole reason he didnt have it on was because he was waiting for the safety release thing. Then he ends up racing without...
Its ironic. The whole reason he didnt have it on was because he was waiting for the safety release thing. Then he ends up racing without it strapped up which is about as risky as it gets.
Grinning
1/12/2013 10:42pm
Was it that communication transmitter or something else. I'd be seriously pissed if I was cutting a check as a sponsor!
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
1/12/2013 11:02pm
Was it that communication transmitter or something else. I'd be seriously pissed if I was cutting a check as a sponsor!
Its was the hats off device that allows the medics to remove his helmet without putting strain on his neck.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/12/2013 11:14pm
mx510 wrote:
Its was the hats off device that allows the medics to remove his helmet without putting strain on his neck.
It's now called Eject and made by Shock Doctor.
1/12/2013 11:16pm
mx510 wrote:
That's odd cause normally all the helmets are inspected for the hats off way before the race and are installed under the liner. Why would his be out like that? The reason I thought the transponder thing cause isn't Alessi and the team running something like that and sponsored by a company that makes them?
Lone Wolf
1/12/2013 11:19pm
He's not the first and probably won't be the last to race without doing up the chin strap:

shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/12/2013 11:33pm
I couldn't believe it when I saw him take off without his helmet done up. Maybe it's just me. But I saw some kid at a local race a few years ago almost lose his ear. His helmet wasn't done up, and he took a tumble. It popped off. He got up and rode back to the pits with his ear dangling by the bottom of his earlobe. That was the first thing I thought off when I saw Canada rip off the gate without doing his helmet up.
Fat Fingers
1/12/2013 11:44pm
You would have to be thick as pig shit to take off without fastening your helmet.
dehann
1/12/2013 11:58pm
My uncle raced alot of flat track back in the day & his traveling buddy got killed when he didn't fasten up his helmet. It's all dangerous enough as it is without tempting fate.
Old Mate
1/13/2013 1:14am
Never heard of it before, this device is famous now. So is it a spine protector for removing the helmet?
nytsmaC
1/13/2013 1:28am
Bad move. After dropping his bike last weekend and pulling a dumb move like this at Phoenix Mike Genova has got to be frustrated!
b2
1/13/2013 1:42am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2013 1:43am
Its required by ama not a option, they check them before the race now, I just think its ridiculous that they couldnt wait 3-5 mins for him because of live tv
MX45
1/13/2013 2:52am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2013 2:53am
Old Mate wrote:
Never heard of it before, this device is famous now. So is it a spine protector for removing the helmet?
Air bladder that goes in the top of the helmet under the liner. When inflated, it lifts the helmet off the head vs. pulling it.
jleews6
1/13/2013 5:36am
I thought you had 2 minutes to get ready if you put your hand up? Also, did anyone else notice that Jake went from dead last to 12th in like three laps?
level
1/13/2013 4:33pm
I understand him wanting to not get left behind for too long but damn brother you have to put your freakin chin strap on.
1/13/2013 4:42pm
b2 wrote:
Its required by ama not a option, they check them before the race now, I just think its ridiculous that they couldnt wait 3-5 mins for...
Its required by ama not a option, they check them before the race now, I just think its ridiculous that they couldnt wait 3-5 mins for him because of live tv
Actually its ridiculous that he didn't have his shit together before he got to the line.
nytsmaC
1/13/2013 4:43pm
level wrote:
I understand him wanting to not get left behind for too long but damn brother you have to put your freakin chin strap on.
Exactly. I'd like to know exactly what he thought would happen, they would just let him go and ignore the huge liability risk?

I too wondered why they didn't hold up the start for a minute or two for him, but perhaps they already did?
okieonayamaha
Fantasy
1246th
1/13/2013 5:12pm
mx510 wrote:
That's odd cause normally all the helmets are inspected for the hats off way before the race and are installed under the liner. Why would his...
That's odd cause normally all the helmets are inspected for the hats off way before the race and are installed under the liner. Why would his be out like that? The reason I thought the transponder thing cause isn't Alessi and the team running something like that and sponsored by a company that makes them?
I believe the communication deal was just for MEC. I think its not allowed for SX or MX under ama rules.
CSherman48
1/13/2013 6:49pm
jleews6 wrote:
I thought you had 2 minutes to get ready if you put your hand up? Also, did anyone else notice that Jake went from dead last...
I thought you had 2 minutes to get ready if you put your hand up? Also, did anyone else notice that Jake went from dead last to 12th in like three laps?
Not while they are on live TV. During every riders meeting they inform everyone that if the race is televised live; there is simply no holding of the gate for any reason. All riders know that by now.

With all the different gear/helmet combos these guys run in a night I would ASSUME that someone just dropped the ball and forgot to swap the Eject from helmet to helmet.

To answer someone else's question; Yes the ama does check every helmet before the event. but like I said riders might wear 2 or 3 different helmet/gear combos in a night,

For those of you who didn't put Canada on your fantasy last week, Do it this week!
DownSouth
1/13/2013 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2013 7:07pm
jleews6 wrote:
I thought you had 2 minutes to get ready if you put your hand up? Also, did anyone else notice that Jake went from dead last...
CSherman48 wrote:
Not while they are on live TV. During every riders meeting they inform everyone that if the race is televised live; there is simply no holding...
Not while they are on live TV. During every riders meeting they inform everyone that if the race is televised live; there is simply no holding of the gate for any reason. All riders know that by now.

With all the different gear/helmet combos these guys run in a night I would ASSUME that someone just dropped the ball and forgot to swap the Eject from helmet to helmet.

To answer someone else's question; Yes the ama does check every helmet before the event. but like I said riders might wear 2 or 3 different helmet/gear combos in a night,

For those of you who didn't put Canada on your fantasy last week, Do it this week!
In Matthes' post race podcast Canada said it was his fault. He said he has 3 helmets and used one with out the air bladder device thinking it was in there.

He tried to ignore the first time they black flagged him and pulled off the second time when the flagger stood in the middle of the track.

According to another tweet the AMA black flagged him to make him stop and strap the helmet with the intention of letting him rejoin the race but Canada just kept going and left the track without talking to the officials thinking he was DQ'd.
TX24
1/13/2013 7:10pm
That would have been fair by them, too bad he didn't stop.
wildbill
1/13/2013 7:39pm
you gotta admit that us motocrossers, aren't the smartest kids in class.

Post a reply to: Jake Canada

The Latest