Jace Owen's Bike?

RCB33
Fantasy
139th
OK, so I know that arenacross isn't super popular or anything on here but I couldn't help but notice that Jace Owen's bike the last couple of weeks has one pipe, not the standard dual pipe of the Honda. Is this for weight savings? Is there a power advantage I don't know about? Cheaper? Here is a picture from his Instagram if you all are curious or haven't noticed.

|
Zycki11
1/31/2017 7:04am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 7:05am
Rumor has it that the single exhaust has more mid-top end power and actual horsepower than the dual exhaust. However, the duals provide more bottom which is ironic coming from arenacross. Also, it is much cheaper for the single
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
1/31/2017 7:21am
Zycki11 wrote:
Rumor has it that the single exhaust has more mid-top end power and actual horsepower than the dual exhaust. However, the duals provide more bottom which...
Rumor has it that the single exhaust has more mid-top end power and actual horsepower than the dual exhaust. However, the duals provide more bottom which is ironic coming from arenacross. Also, it is much cheaper for the single
So you are saying that it is a combo of factors...Does anyone know if Honda has a problem this and if not, why doesn't the factory supercross and outdoor teams do the same things?
1/31/2017 7:22am
Realistically I bet if you used single or duel none of us would know the difference. Duel looks better so I'll always stick to duel haha
jbrass715
1/31/2017 7:34am
I had noticed the last year or so it seems like the AX guys on Hondas were running single pipes mostly

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/31/2017 7:37am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 7:39am
Zycki11 wrote:
Rumor has it that the single exhaust has more mid-top end power and actual horsepower than the dual exhaust. However, the duals provide more bottom which...
RCB33 wrote:
So you are saying that it is a combo of factors...Does anyone know if Honda has a problem this and if not, why doesn't the factory...
So you are saying that it is a combo of factors...Does anyone know if Honda has a problem this and if not, why doesn't the factory supercross and outdoor teams do the same things?
I'm not sure if Honda has a problem with it in is case because I have no idea if he's on a factory Honda or factory supported team. If he's got no support directly from Honda I doubt that they care.

As to why the factory Honda team and Honda supported teams don't run the single exhaust I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that the riders are paid to promote the products you see on the showroom floor.
gt80rider
1/31/2017 8:15am
No idea on the pipe but Jace has been hauling ass, nice to see a red Rider up front in ax....
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/31/2017 9:18am
Well then I have no idea. I'd imagine they are not too thrilled on the idea. What exhaust is he running? Looks like an FMF in that pic. If it's an FMF not sure why he's not running the twin system.

I don't follow arenacross. Does he have any teammates? If so, are they also running the single exhaust or the twin system? If he's the only one running the single exhaust I'm sure it's just a preference thing.
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
1/31/2017 9:22am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well then I have no idea. I'd imagine they are not too thrilled on the idea. What exhaust is he running? Looks like an FMF in...
Well then I have no idea. I'd imagine they are not too thrilled on the idea. What exhaust is he running? Looks like an FMF in that pic. If it's an FMF not sure why he's not running the twin system.

I don't follow arenacross. Does he have any teammates? If so, are they also running the single exhaust or the twin system? If he's the only one running the single exhaust I'm sure it's just a preference thing.
He has Been Lamay as a team mate on Jack Links American Honda backed by tilube(or something to that effect) and I'm not sure about Lamay's etc up, I'll look.

ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/31/2017 9:30am
It's a FMF single-sided system.

Here's my thought... I don't believe they sound test (or with the same strict levels) at Arenacross like they do in Supercross. In Supercross, you'd have to run a pretty large single can on the CRF250R to pass sound, but in Arenacross they could get away with a shorty that wouldn't be much bigger than a dual can. I'd have to guess that can is shorter than the one sold to the public and works well with their engine package.

Can someone who's more involved with AX correct me if I'm wrong on the sound limit rules or enforcement?
MX Culture
1/31/2017 10:02am
ML512 wrote:
It's a FMF single-sided system. Here's my thought... I don't believe they sound test (or with the same strict levels) at Arenacross like they do in...
It's a FMF single-sided system.

Here's my thought... I don't believe they sound test (or with the same strict levels) at Arenacross like they do in Supercross. In Supercross, you'd have to run a pretty large single can on the CRF250R to pass sound, but in Arenacross they could get away with a shorty that wouldn't be much bigger than a dual can. I'd have to guess that can is shorter than the one sold to the public and works well with their engine package.

Can someone who's more involved with AX correct me if I'm wrong on the sound limit rules or enforcement?
I've seen them sound test before, but it's not as stringent.
I'm going this weekend, i'll check it out and let you guys know.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/31/2017 10:33am
MX Culture wrote:
I've seen them sound test before, but it's not as stringent.
I'm going this weekend, i'll check it out and let you guys know.
Check the decimal limit if you can, and ask if they ever test after the race. Quite a few guys cheat their way through the SX test even though they test randomly afterwards. If AX doesn't test after races, anyone could cheat through the initial test.
racer495a
1/31/2017 10:49am
I remember a story where the TLD honda bikes were faster than the Geico bikes one year because they were able to run single pipes outdoors. Twin pipes are for looks/gimic that makes the pipe heavier and more expensive.
kiwifan
1/31/2017 11:28am
racer495a wrote:
I remember a story where the TLD honda bikes were faster than the Geico bikes one year because they were able to run single pipes outdoors...
I remember a story where the TLD honda bikes were faster than the Geico bikes one year because they were able to run single pipes outdoors. Twin pipes are for looks/gimic that makes the pipe heavier and more expensive.
I dont think the single pipe was due to the TLD bikes being faster (if indeed they were). Double pipes actually serve a purpose (mass centralization, quieter sound, etc), whether you believe it or not is up to you, if you dont like them you never will believe it.

Personally I think twin pipes look fucking awesome...but hey perhaps I am a minority...
Tpog496
1/31/2017 11:33am
racer495a wrote:
I remember a story where the TLD honda bikes were faster than the Geico bikes one year because they were able to run single pipes outdoors...
kiwifan wrote:
I dont think the single pipe was due to the TLD bikes being faster (if indeed they were). Double pipes actually serve a purpose (mass centralization...
I dont think the single pipe was due to the TLD bikes being faster (if indeed they were). Double pipes actually serve a purpose (mass centralization, quieter sound, etc), whether you believe it or not is up to you, if you dont like them you never will believe it.

Personally I think twin pipes look fucking awesome...but hey perhaps I am a minority...
I don't think TLD ever ran singles. Unless they did 08-09 but in 14 outdoors they had duals.
kiwifan
1/31/2017 3:58pm
racer495a wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
I dont think the single pipe was due to the TLD bikes being faster (if indeed they were). Double pipes actually serve a purpose (mass centralization...

Tpog496 wrote:
I don't think TLD ever ran singles. Unless they did 08-09 but in 14 outdoors they had duals.
thats what I initially thought, but then again I thought racer495a had the facts...
twotwosix
1/31/2017 4:37pm
Or less to bend up or replace in a common AX crash?
wsc96
Fantasy
451st
1/31/2017 4:46pm
ML512 wrote:
Check the decimal limit if you can, and ask if they ever test after the race. Quite a few guys cheat their way through the SX...
Check the decimal limit if you can, and ask if they ever test after the race. Quite a few guys cheat their way through the SX test even though they test randomly afterwards. If AX doesn't test after races, anyone could cheat through the initial test.
Check the decibel limit too Laughing
mx836
1/31/2017 4:53pm
Repacing twice pipes every time you get off in AX can get spendy!
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
1/31/2017 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2017 6:27pm
Maybe Ben LaMay will see this thread and give us the 411.
hvaughn88
1/31/2017 7:17pm
kzizok wrote:
Maybe Ben LaMay will see this thread and give us the 411.
TongueCool
rrjr
1/31/2017 11:38pm
Realistically I bet if you used single or duel none of us would know the difference. Duel looks better so I'll always stick to duel haha
duel~ a fight between two people usually involving weapons.
dual~ having two different parts
Jrewing
2/1/2017 2:11am
Bullshit. You'd know your wallet is heavier straightaway
romain524
2/1/2017 10:02am
We get more power out of the single, factory wants guys to run duals.
Are you Ben Lamay?

Because we don't see many Alaskan Assassin that lives in Texas! haha

Post a reply to: Jace Owen's Bike?

The Latest