JT$ is right, Denver SX

S.Loyer
Edited Date/Time 2/5/2015 7:36am
Just finished reading JT's PulpMX column

He talks about where SX should head next and I dont know why we dont have one yet but a Denver SX needs to be added without Seattle around. I can't think of a better city.
|
mx836
1/30/2015 5:55pm
I say Lambeau field for convenience purposes.
KMC440
1/30/2015 6:23pm
I see the SX stadium in Minneapolis is coming along nicely ... very generous of them to allow foolsball to be played there on the off weekends.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
1/30/2015 6:27pm
mx836 wrote:
Miller Park in Milwaukee would work, at least it will be covered...
jmx411
1/30/2015 6:42pm
I know if they started moving some of the California races around people will complain about all the travel for volunteers, but Denver, Milwaukee, Nashville, Charlotte, Pittsburgh would all work. I do like that Feld is having a California round late in the year. That is another reason attendance is struggling in Cali is because they are all on back to back weekends.

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/30/2015 6:44pm
We had one in Denver in 1996 and it was a disaster. There is no way they will ever let motocross bikes on the floor of the new mile hi stadium.
mx836
1/30/2015 6:45pm
mx836 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
We can dream, can't we? I would think turnout would be pretty good with Chicago not too far away.
500guy
1/30/2015 6:46pm
lostboy819 wrote:
We had one in Denver in 1996 and it was a disaster. There is no way they will ever let motocross bikes on the floor of...
We had one in Denver in 1996 and it was a disaster. There is no way they will ever let motocross bikes on the floor of the new mile hi stadium.
Not to mention Second hand smoke and the strict drug tests on the riders. =)
KMC440
1/30/2015 6:47pm
mx836 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Unfortunately one of the tenants in the original agreement was that NO motorized sports would be held in the new facility. I doubt that has changed or been amended.
Pinch
skid mark
1/30/2015 6:48pm
Denver definitely needs a race. I thought that Pat Bowlen was pretty opposed to the grass being affected at mile high. Maybe coors field could be a possibility or one of the college stadiums
superorbital
1/30/2015 6:48pm
lostboy819 wrote:
We had one in Denver in 1996 and it was a disaster. There is no way they will ever let motocross bikes on the floor of...
500guy wrote:
Not to mention Second hand smoke and the strict drug tests on the riders. =)
BS we need SX here!!!! Let the fans enjoy being a mile HIGH.
Tpog496
1/30/2015 6:57pm
KMC440 wrote:
I see the SX stadium in Minneapolis is coming along nicely ... very generous of them to allow foolsball to be played there on the off...
I see the SX stadium in Minneapolis is coming along nicely ... very generous of them to allow foolsball to be played there on the off weekends.
Yup
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/30/2015 7:39pm
skid mark wrote:
Denver definitely needs a race. I thought that Pat Bowlen was pretty opposed to the grass being affected at mile high. Maybe coors field could be...
Denver definitely needs a race. I thought that Pat Bowlen was pretty opposed to the grass being affected at mile high. Maybe coors field could be a possibility or one of the college stadiums
No motorsports in Mile high stadium or Coors field but maybe at CU stadium in Boulder.
Cygnus
1/30/2015 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2015 7:52pm
Don't see one back in Denver unfortunately. Baseball season would be underway by the time the weather could work(coors field) and no way The dickface Bowlen let's his precious grass be trampled down by dirt cycles at what ever sponsor field at mile high.
Cygnus
1/30/2015 7:54pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Worst SX track in history. Ran around the apron of the stadium and over where the old sliding stands moved back for base ball. God forbid they covered the grass.
1/30/2015 7:57pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
Worst SX track in history. Ran around the apron of the stadium and over where the old sliding stands moved back for base ball. God forbid...
Worst SX track in history. Ran around the apron of the stadium and over where the old sliding stands moved back for base ball. God forbid they covered the grass.
Sucks but you can't hardly blame them trying to protect the grass on the field. It's not like you have the best "grass growing season" there is it?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/30/2015 8:00pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
Worst SX track in history. Ran around the apron of the stadium and over where the old sliding stands moved back for base ball. God forbid...
I guess you guys don't remember how it worked at the original Superbowl of Motocross events. (Perimeter, no dirt on the field.)
Cygnus
1/30/2015 8:03pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I guess you guys don't remember how it worked at the original Superbowl of Motocross events. (Perimeter, no dirt on the field.)
But they had a peristyle.
1/30/2015 8:10pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Good point!

But there is no way it would pass muster with the crown in here now.

Of course back then the racers just showed up and raced whatever they had in front of them, whether they liked it or not.
stantdm
1/30/2015 8:34pm
I flagged at the 1996 Denver SX and the track was pathetic. What else was really pathetic was the attendance. If the Denver fans would have come out to that race they might have worked hard to have another one but wheat I heard was that it was so low they didn't consider another venue there.

Times change and maybe today one would work but it has to be where the people are. Boulder probably isn't the place..
zook11
1/30/2015 8:44pm
mx836 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
This needs to happen.
Xracerdone
1/30/2015 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2015 9:14pm
Dirt bikes are way more popular now then in 96 & Denver & Coloado Springs have grown so much, almost doubled since then, I bet it would get good attendance now. But like others have said, neither stadium will ever allow it & the Pepsi Center is too small.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/30/2015 9:24pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Sure we do but the LA Coliseum is way bigger than old mile high and 1996 is along way from the 1970s and early 80s. Denver was a last minute substitute for what would have been the first Salt lake SX and it was the last SX of the year and McGrath had his win streak broken but the title tied up so most people didnt even know about it. Turn out was so low that the AMA was going through the pits trying to get anyone they could so they could have qualifiers for the 125 class and then a freak wind storm blew through and took down the finish line banners.....................but the after race BBQ was great.
deadking
Fantasy
657th
2/4/2015 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2015 12:50pm
lostboy819 wrote:
yahh Denver!! Best SX main of my career.......actually the only one haha. Track was like riding a Palm Avenue (Otay Valley, Ca.) supercross. One of the most blue grooved SX tracks ever. I got 10th. Windham won. Crowd there RULES....especially when you introduce yourself for the 125 main as John Elway #7 riding for factory Honda...lol........WILD....will never forget it!!!
Highsider
2/4/2015 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2015 12:58pm
Cygnus wrote:
GuyB wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Sure we do but the LA Coliseum is way bigger than old mile high and 1996 is along way from the 1970s and early 80s. Denver...
Sure we do but the LA Coliseum is way bigger than old mile high and 1996 is along way from the 1970s and early 80s. Denver was a last minute substitute for what would have been the first Salt lake SX and it was the last SX of the year and McGrath had his win streak broken but the title tied up so most people didnt even know about it. Turn out was so low that the AMA was going through the pits trying to get anyone they could so they could have qualifiers for the 125 class and then a freak wind storm blew through and took down the finish line banners.....................but the after race BBQ was great.
lostboy819 wrote: Sure we do but the LA Coliseum is way bigger than old mile high and 1996 is along way from the 1970s and early 80s.

Slight correction(unless I misunderstood you): I attended LA in 1997 when Tortelli passed Henry on lap 19 for the win.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
2/4/2015 12:59pm
Chicago......F it...race in the snow....
peelout
2/4/2015 1:44pm
i'm still bummed the SLC Supercross is no longer
hvaughn88
2/4/2015 1:48pm
Xracerdone wrote:
Dirt bikes are way more popular now then in 96 & Denver & Coloado Springs have grown so much, almost doubled since then, I bet it...
Dirt bikes are way more popular now then in 96 & Denver & Coloado Springs have grown so much, almost doubled since then, I bet it would get good attendance now. But like others have said, neither stadium will ever allow it & the Pepsi Center is too small.
Dirt bikes are more popular now than in '96?
Grieby54
2/4/2015 2:11pm
There isn't a good venue for Denver to have a SX. Heavy snow is possible even into April and neither the football stadium nor the baseball stadium is covered.
2/4/2015 2:13pm
peelout wrote:
i'm still bummed the SLC Supercross is no longer
But you did gain a motocross that everyone whined about. And it turned out to be awesome!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/4/2015 2:18pm
Xracerdone wrote:
Dirt bikes are way more popular now then in 96 & Denver & Coloado Springs have grown so much, almost doubled since then, I bet it...
??? What the heck have you been smoking ? Motocross numbers are WAY down from 1996 and have been declining for years. Have you see the low turnout at most all SRAC and RMXA races ? The only races that draw big numbers are the LL qualifers and a very select few other state races.

Post a reply to: JT$ is right, Denver SX

The Latest