JT$ and PulpMX

Moto Norcal
12/18/2019 10:34am
My impression is Matthes has a beef with Ping. I heard him mention it once and the fact he doesn't discuss it makes me think there's more to it. Perhaps he's pissed the Whiskey Throttle show took the Live Pulp Show format and ran with it? (Just my random musing). I haven't heard anything about live Pulp shows since WT started up.
greenmx5
12/18/2019 10:56am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2019 10:56am
My impression is Matthes has a beef with Ping. I heard him mention it once and the fact he doesn't discuss it makes me think there's...
My impression is Matthes has a beef with Ping. I heard him mention it once and the fact he doesn't discuss it makes me think there's more to it. Perhaps he's pissed the Whiskey Throttle show took the Live Pulp Show format and ran with it? (Just my random musing). I haven't heard anything about live Pulp shows since WT started up.
I can't remember what episode it was, but I remember Steve subtly saying Ping complained about not having enough time for "Ask ping" and racer x but then is doing the same workload at the new job. Could be on to something there with what you said. Usually if there's no real beef, there's jabbing going on. But he doesn't mention it at all now.
8tensolutions
12/18/2019 9:57pm
My impression is Matthes has a beef with Ping. I heard him mention it once and the fact he doesn't discuss it makes me think there's...
They disagreed on some political stuff and thats all. As far as live shows, Pulp is live every Monday and they have live appearances at select SX rounds. Nothing to do with Whiskey Throttle and I don't think Steve cares, nor does Ping. Nothing there, move on.

The Shop

hamncheeze
12/19/2019 9:57am
They disagreed on some political stuff and thats all. As far as live shows, Pulp is live every Monday and they have live appearances at select...
They disagreed on some political stuff and thats all. As far as live shows, Pulp is live every Monday and they have live appearances at select SX rounds. Nothing to do with Whiskey Throttle and I don't think Steve cares, nor does Ping. Nothing there, move on.
The political banter on Twitter got a bit ugly between Steve and Ping, then I think David threw a bit of shade at Steve's shows on one of the early Whiskey Throttle shows and that firmly solidified the beef.

Too bad, as much as I like Whiskey Throttle I really do miss Ping on the Pulp Show and even his occasional appearances on the RacerX race wrap-up podcasts. Some of the funniest shit I've heard has been courtesy of Ping on these shows. His impersonation of Baggett doing interviews with the mouthguard still in, I start to laugh just replaying it from memory.
greenmx5
12/19/2019 10:41am
They disagreed on some political stuff and thats all. As far as live shows, Pulp is live every Monday and they have live appearances at select...
hamncheeze wrote:
The political banter on Twitter got a bit ugly between Steve and Ping, then I think David threw a bit of shade at Steve's shows on...
The political banter on Twitter got a bit ugly between Steve and Ping, then I think David threw a bit of shade at Steve's shows on one of the early Whiskey Throttle shows and that firmly solidified the beef.

Too bad, as much as I like Whiskey Throttle I really do miss Ping on the Pulp Show and even his occasional appearances on the RacerX race wrap-up podcasts. Some of the funniest shit I've heard has been courtesy of Ping on these shows. His impersonation of Baggett doing interviews with the mouthguard still in, I start to laugh just replaying it from memory.
Could be what they were referring to in the last show then talking about how you can't just have separate views on political stuff anymore.
jasonward73
12/19/2019 11:55am
There was beef with Ping's podcast because it directly competed (time) with one of the PuplMx shows and Racerx promoted it when Ping was on the payroll. Steve mentioned it on one of his shows. He was disappointed with Ping and Racerx for choosing the time they did as it was not necessary and they knew Steve had show at the same time.
CalRMX
12/28/2019 11:28am
I hope he's back cos I have a major crush on JT$. i had one on Matthes too, but since he got married I don't find him quite so attractive anymore, plus he's overweight.
Me+lube+JT$, now that's a date!
12/28/2019 11:48am
CalRMX wrote:
I hope he's back cos I have a major crush on JT$. i had one on Matthes too, but since he got married I don't find...
I hope he's back cos I have a major crush on JT$. i had one on Matthes too, but since he got married I don't find him quite so attractive anymore, plus he's overweight.
Any chance you like cleaning really, dirty, dirty boots?
High_bend
12/28/2019 12:23pm
CalRMX wrote:
I hope he's back cos I have a major crush on JT$. i had one on Matthes too, but since he got married I don't find...
Blink
APLMAN99
12/28/2019 4:33pm
There was beef with Ping's podcast because it directly competed (time) with one of the PuplMx shows and Racerx promoted it when Ping was on the...
There was beef with Ping's podcast because it directly competed (time) with one of the PuplMx shows and Racerx promoted it when Ping was on the payroll. Steve mentioned it on one of his shows. He was disappointed with Ping and Racerx for choosing the time they did as it was not necessary and they knew Steve had show at the same time.
Ironically, I was always under the impression that the big benefit of a podcast was that the "time slot" was virtually irrelevant.

Other than a handful of callers, aren't the vast majority of listeners doing so at a later date? Maybe I've got it all wrong because I'm not really a devoted podcast listener, but I don't think I've ever listened to one "live".
wildbill
12/28/2019 5:42pm
99, science can't even equate linear time.

Post a reply to: JT$ and PulpMX

The Latest