JT$ Power Rankings

Edited Date/Time 2/15/2022 12:57pm
I cannot wait to hear Jason Thomas telling us that Webb is still 3rd in his power rankings πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ Apparently dirt and the number 1 plate and the West Coast is the reason for him being passed and left behind πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
|
2/13/2022 5:33am
I can’t understand what JTs power rankings even mean? Aren’t the POINT STANDINGS the only rankings that mean anything?
BMc914
2/13/2022 7:07am
He only does power ranking to talk about the other guys racing. Also to keep the podcast moving along.
tomlopez
2/13/2022 10:43am
1911 wrote:
I can’t understand what JTs power rankings even mean? Aren’t the POINT STANDINGS the only rankings that mean anything?
They're a mix of current standings with recent performance. It's a concept that is a lot bigger in team sports. An example of how they differ from points standings is let's say rider A is 3 points ahead of rider B. However, B has won three straight races and has closed up a points gap that was previously 18 points. A standard power rankings would likely have rider B above rider A because of a huge momentum swing.

The Shop

nskerb
2/13/2022 10:59am
What’s JT smoking lol he has Webb at #3
KTMBRO362
Fantasy
3237th
2/13/2022 11:37am
I kinda feel like Webb is 6th and about 31 points behind
biglad
2/13/2022 11:37am
That podcast is a painful listen. I love JT on pulp, but I feel he isn't the best as a solo host. And his power rankings are stupid, we have a points system for gods sake...
2/13/2022 1:54pm
1911 wrote:
tomlopez wrote:
They're a mix of current standings with recent performance. It's a concept that is a lot bigger in team sports. An example of how they differ...
They're a mix of current standings with recent performance. It's a concept that is a lot bigger in team sports. An example of how they differ from points standings is let's say rider A is 3 points ahead of rider B. However, B has won three straight races and has closed up a points gap that was previously 18 points. A standard power rankings would likely have rider B above rider A because of a huge momentum swing.
Your explanation did not learn me anything. Until the factories start paying bonuses on these fantasy power rankings, then I might understand it.

Just finished listening to, A3 Industry seating. I think JT does a great job and I look forward to them. Especially like his info on the GPs. He and Malin do a great job when they can work together. I just find his power ranking amusing.
mx313
2/13/2022 2:58pm
Factories kinda do.
Look at Ac9 for example.
Based on his points he should be paid about 30k per season.
He is paid based on his potential.
Power rankings is pretty much like betting odds.
If ac was to be healthy and race next week. His betting odds for a podium wouldn't be less then Oldenburg or chiz but that's where his points rank him.
2/13/2022 3:14pm
1911 wrote:
he explains it and caveats it for 10 mins before each listing, how could you miss that?
2/13/2022 3:23pm
he explains it and caveats it for 10 mins before each listing, how could you miss that?
Yes he does, I hear it every time. Every time I don’t understand understand it. Every time, I understand POINT STANDINGS, if his β€œpower rankings” help him, good.
2/13/2022 4:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2022 9:44pm
It’s really not a confusing concept. It’s his subjective rankings, often taking in more into consideration than current season (see webb's ranking).

Apparently you want him to just spend 15m repeating the point rankings? That sounds exhilarating.
ktmdan
2/13/2022 5:02pm
Webb in third is a joke. I like the pod and his power rankings.
2/13/2022 5:30pm
In a sport like nfl football it makes sense as not all teams play each other. Now if you go back to the days of the nationals having a 125, 250 and open class it would be a cool concept.
sandtrack315
2/13/2022 5:40pm
He’s explained the logic behind the rankings over and over don’t be so gd dense people
WillyB
2/13/2022 9:30pm
I like the podcast. Especially since he usually gets his stuff out before anyone else which I really appreciate. Thanks for all that you do JT$. Webb at 3rd is off though hahaha
tomlopez
2/13/2022 10:49pm
He’s explained the logic behind the rankings over and over don’t be so gd dense people
What I've been saying all along.
tomlopez
2/13/2022 10:51pm
1911 wrote:
tomlopez wrote:
They're a mix of current standings with recent performance. It's a concept that is a lot bigger in team sports. An example of how they differ...
1911 wrote:
Your explanation did not learn me anything. Until the factories start paying bonuses on these fantasy power rankings, then I might understand it. Just finished listening...
Your explanation did not learn me anything. Until the factories start paying bonuses on these fantasy power rankings, then I might understand it.

Just finished listening to, A3 Industry seating. I think JT does a great job and I look forward to them. Especially like his info on the GPs. He and Malin do a great job when they can work together. I just find his power ranking amusing.
What
biglad
2/15/2022 1:08am
I'm out on JT now, he just said that Hunter is faster than Craig besides in the whoops. Craig has wiped the floor with Hunter in every section on every track of the year JT. Stop being a moron come on.
mx313
2/15/2022 1:24am
biglad wrote:
I'm out on JT now, he just said that Hunter is faster than Craig besides in the whoops. Craig has wiped the floor with Hunter in...
I'm out on JT now, he just said that Hunter is faster than Craig besides in the whoops. Craig has wiped the floor with Hunter in every section on every track of the year JT. Stop being a moron come on.
Only real way to confirm is comparing lap times. Let's looks at A3.
Lap times don't lie.
Whoops were in segment 2.
Hunter was faster on average and fastest time in all 3 other segments.
Who's the moron now?

CPR
2/15/2022 1:42am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2022 1:48am
biglad wrote:
I'm out on JT now, he just said that Hunter is faster than Craig besides in the whoops. Craig has wiped the floor with Hunter in...
mx313 wrote:
Only real way to confirm is comparing lap times. Let's looks at A3. Lap times don't lie. Whoops were in segment 2. Hunter was faster on...
Lap times don't lie.
Who's the moron now?

Well there ya go, I think a few people will be shocked by those facts. Hunter did look good until he near destroyed himself.
Although to be fair you’d have to average out Craig’s first 6 laps to compare averages.
Still Hunters quickest segment times were all faster, except the whoops.
mx313
2/15/2022 3:05am
biglad wrote:
mx313 wrote:
Only real way to confirm is comparing lap times. Let's looks at A3. Lap times don't lie. Whoops were in segment 2. Hunter was faster on...
Lap times don't lie.
Who's the moron now?

CPR wrote:
Well there ya go, I think a few people will be shocked by those facts. Hunter did look good until he near destroyed himself. Although to...
Well there ya go, I think a few people will be shocked by those facts. Hunter did look good until he near destroyed himself.
Although to be fair you’d have to average out Craig’s first 6 laps to compare averages.
On the 6 laps hunter did, craig was faster in segment 1 once. segment 2 (the whoops) every lap, segment 3 twice and segment 4 zero times. So in total that's 3 times in 17 segments.
I wouldn't go as far to say hunter is better then Craig other then the whoops.
I would say hunter is close to craig in most areas but craig has an advantage in the whoops.
But I think craig has improved a fair bit in the last season or so.
GD350
Fantasy
1525th
2/15/2022 9:58am
I enjoy listening to his opinions, he goes over why they are what they are when they will move.
Mr. Afterbar
2/15/2022 10:05am
1911 wrote:
Yes he does, I hear it every time. Every time I don’t understand understand it. Every time, I understand POINT STANDINGS, if his β€œpower rankings” help...
Yes he does, I hear it every time. Every time I don’t understand understand it. Every time, I understand POINT STANDINGS, if his β€œpower rankings” help him, good.
Obviously we aren't all going to agree with JT's picks. If we did, there would be no reason to discuss it. I like his rankings. He talks about why he puts them there. What he sees that he likes and doesn't. If you don't like it, don't listen. Your problem will be solved.
2/15/2022 10:46am
Obviously we aren't all going to agree with JT's picks. If we did, there would be no reason to discuss it. I like his rankings. He...
Obviously we aren't all going to agree with JT's picks. If we did, there would be no reason to discuss it. I like his rankings. He talks about why he puts them there. What he sees that he likes and doesn't. If you don't like it, don't listen. Your problem will be solved.
Don’t listen, problem solved? Then I would have to look for another random, unimportant thing to not understand and complain about. I am to busy!!SillySilly Hold on, I think I hear some kids playing on my lawn.

WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2889th
2/15/2022 11:13am
I like JT's Power Rankings, sure I don't agree with them all but that's the point. Its just his opinions and the rankings gives his podcast a nice easy format to talk a little about each top guy.

My advice to a couple of you, stop taking it so serious.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
2/15/2022 11:25am
WoodsRacer wrote:
I like JT's Power Rankings, sure I don't agree with them all but that's the point. Its just his opinions and the rankings gives his podcast...
I like JT's Power Rankings, sure I don't agree with them all but that's the point. Its just his opinions and the rankings gives his podcast a nice easy format to talk a little about each top guy.

My advice to a couple of you, stop taking it so serious.
I like them too. I dont agree with the Webb ranking but lets see after Minneapolis.
CPR
2/15/2022 12:57pm
mx313 wrote:
Lap times don't lie.
Who's the moron now?

CPR wrote:
Well there ya go, I think a few people will be shocked by those facts. Hunter did look good until he near destroyed himself. Although to...
mx313 wrote:
On the 6 laps hunter did, craig was faster in segment 1 once. segment 2 (the whoops) every lap, segment 3 twice and segment 4 zero...
On the 6 laps hunter did, craig was faster in segment 1 once. segment 2 (the whoops) every lap, segment 3 twice and segment 4 zero times. So in total that's 3 times in 17 segments.
I wouldn't go as far to say hunter is better then Craig other then the whoops.
I would say hunter is close to craig in most areas but craig has an advantage in the whoops.
But I think craig has improved a fair bit in the last season or so.
Looks like Hunter just needs to hire Reedy (Mrs) πŸ˜‚

Post a reply to: JT$ Power Rankings

The Latest