JS7 monster kawi deal...

yz133rider
1/22/2020 7:54am
MOTO1313 wrote:
James wouldn't ever represent Monster because of his loyalty to Red Bull...when he isn't on their payroll any longer? Lol...that's funny. And Favre would never go...
James wouldn't ever represent Monster because of his loyalty to Red Bull...when he isn't on their payroll any longer? Lol...that's funny. And Favre would never go to Minnesota too, right?
Or dungey would never leave ktm and decoster...
OFalk280
1/22/2020 8:14am
rileymx wrote:
i bet that barcias results sells way more yzfs then those few laps on a old 125 that rv does once in a while....... i guess...
i bet that barcias results sells way more yzfs then those few laps on a old 125 that rv does once in a while.......
i guess in usa it works like that, whatever the way, whatever the result, as long as it looks big !!!!!! and then its like mtv, its huge, but it doesn`t have music anymore.......
being the mecca of dirtbikes last decade, with the dream series of all motocross racers.....now its only about supercross inside big stadiums, and even there are foreigners at title level.......
maybe its like the music channel, in a few years you will have huge internet shows of old tech bikes in a little straith with all the megastars of yesterday, and youl just the motocross shit all toghether !!!!!!
i know i am being a bit dramatic, but i think its about time to start looking at the big picture of the sport of motocross in usa.....lots of litle things make a big one, and they are not going the best way.....
off road racing is growing way more and is getting way better results worldwide, even the biggest offroad races in the world are now being won by americans, isde, dakar......
OFalk280 wrote:
Think of it like what the X Games and freestyle were in their prime. There were a whole lot of core motocross racers that never thought...
Think of it like what the X Games and freestyle were in their prime. There were a whole lot of core motocross racers that never thought it would blow up the way it did. It would never be a legitimate “sport” and never be able to sell the way racing did. And, well sure enough any body under likely 30 years old in motocross has likely had the question “so do you do backflips and stuff?” when they mention they ride/race dirt bikes. Freestyle exposed more of the mainstream audience to dirt bikes that motocross did for a bit there and got a whole lot of kids wanting to ride dirt bikes..brands are just trying to capitalize on the popularity of the faces of the sport while dedicating relatively low resources to them compared to their racers. I don’t even think RV gets free bikes if you listen to his recent interviews with media outlets...
GPR245 wrote:
RV is definitely getting free bikes, he's mentioned he has access to do projects with any of Yamaha's media fleet. He's a paid ambassador so I...
RV is definitely getting free bikes, he's mentioned he has access to do projects with any of Yamaha's media fleet. He's a paid ambassador so I highly doubt he's giving that money right back to buy bikes.
Pretty sure Yamaha “loans” him bikes every year, aside from his 125. I could’ve sworn that he said that on the Swap Moto Live show this pst spring, but even if I’m wrong and they give him bikes, along with an ambassador salary that’s a whole lot less resources than it takes to run their Factory 450 team
Claerhout
Fantasy
296th
1/22/2020 8:28am
I would pay good money to see him race a 125 again
brocster
1/22/2020 8:37am
When you sign a contract with an energy drink sponsor there are certain stipulations that need to be met and certain projects to be completed within a set timeframe (contract) if neither or both are not accomplished you no longer draw a salary and are no longer affiliated with the company in any kind of way. i.e. James has done nothing for a couple years (racing, social media or other) and is a “free agent” I would presume and I would also lean more towards him repping the claw than not...

The Shop

sandtrack315
1/22/2020 8:42am
If anyone thinks Monster and Kawasaki won't throw money at James to do this if he has the interest, you are irrationally underestimating the marketing appeal of James. He wants to be at the races / doing something in the sport, and he has gone from making a lot to living off of passive income. Surely Monster and Kawasaki can come up with enough money to make it appealing for him.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
1/22/2020 8:48am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2020 8:48am
ktmwoods wrote:
I can guaranfuckintee that James will not rep Monster Energy. You all know that Red Bull bought that man a Bentley, right?? A BENTLEY. And then...
I can guaranfuckintee that James will not rep Monster Energy. You all know that Red Bull bought that man a Bentley, right?? A BENTLEY. And then about $8mil lifetime salary. He aint gonna rock a stupid claw for a few zeros no way no how. And Matthes and Weege know better too.
Sully wrote:
It wasn't a Bentley, it was a Rolls Royce. And they didn't buy it for him, they leased it for him (which means he gave it...
It wasn't a Bentley, it was a Rolls Royce. And they didn't buy it for him, they leased it for him (which means he gave it back) during his last year/Monster's first year on Kawasaki.
Whoah whoah. Easy with the actual facts bro. Accusations and assumptions only!
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
1/22/2020 9:43am
ktmwoods wrote:
I can guaranfuckintee that James will not rep Monster Energy. You all know that Red Bull bought that man a Bentley, right?? A BENTLEY. And then...
I can guaranfuckintee that James will not rep Monster Energy. You all know that Red Bull bought that man a Bentley, right?? A BENTLEY. And then about $8mil lifetime salary. He aint gonna rock a stupid claw for a few zeros no way no how. And Matthes and Weege know better too.
Sully wrote:
It wasn't a Bentley, it was a Rolls Royce. And they didn't buy it for him, they leased it for him (which means he gave it...
It wasn't a Bentley, it was a Rolls Royce. And they didn't buy it for him, they leased it for him (which means he gave it back) during his last year/Monster's first year on Kawasaki.
stremme12 wrote:
Whoah whoah. Easy with the actual facts bro. Accusations and assumptions only!
Didn't he also get a gold plated ZX 14? Again, I don't see it happening, but with all the crazy brand association changes the last couple years, I guess it wouldn't be the most surprising thing ever.
1/22/2020 9:45am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2020 9:47am
I wouldn't doubt it. His bank account might be getting low enough to think about a new revenue stream.
Sideways wrote:
Just because you want to work doesnt mean your bank account is low. Is dungey, Rv, MC in need of money? No. They still work though...
Just because you want to work doesnt mean your bank account is low. Is dungey, Rv, MC in need of money? No. They still work though.

I think James kids are older and hes getting bored of just playing golf and wants to be involved in the sport again.
You could be very well correct. Maybe he just wants to work again or maybe it's a combination of both wanting to work and wanting to have an income again. Just because you make several million during your career does not mean you are set for life. The more you make the more you spend. No one knows what Dungey/RV/MC or JS's overhead or spending habits are and or how good they are at saving/investing. There are tons of stars/musician/athletes who made much more than JS7 ever did and pissed it all away.

There are endless examples of this. For anyone on Vital who thinks Dungey/RV/MC/JS or any rider that might have made 10/ 20/30 million (net would be half) during their career go lookup people like MC Hammer, Mike Tyson, Michael Jackson, etc who made mega millions and went bankrupt:

https://www.businessinsider.com/rich-famous-celebrities-who-lost-all-th…

To put things in perspective I have a friend who nets 100K per month and he has zero savings because him and his wife spend every penny they make.
yz133rider
1/22/2020 10:21am
I wouldn't doubt it. His bank account might be getting low enough to think about a new revenue stream.
Sideways wrote:
Just because you want to work doesnt mean your bank account is low. Is dungey, Rv, MC in need of money? No. They still work though...
Just because you want to work doesnt mean your bank account is low. Is dungey, Rv, MC in need of money? No. They still work though.

I think James kids are older and hes getting bored of just playing golf and wants to be involved in the sport again.
You could be very well correct. Maybe he just wants to work again or maybe it's a combination of both wanting to work and wanting to...
You could be very well correct. Maybe he just wants to work again or maybe it's a combination of both wanting to work and wanting to have an income again. Just because you make several million during your career does not mean you are set for life. The more you make the more you spend. No one knows what Dungey/RV/MC or JS's overhead or spending habits are and or how good they are at saving/investing. There are tons of stars/musician/athletes who made much more than JS7 ever did and pissed it all away.

There are endless examples of this. For anyone on Vital who thinks Dungey/RV/MC/JS or any rider that might have made 10/ 20/30 million (net would be half) during their career go lookup people like MC Hammer, Mike Tyson, Michael Jackson, etc who made mega millions and went bankrupt:

To put things in perspective I have a friend who nets 100K per month and he has zero savings because him and his wife spend every penny they make.
100k a month thats wild. They need to get on dave ramseys plan lol
1/22/2020 10:32am
Sideways wrote:

You could be very well correct. Maybe he just wants to work again or maybe it's a combination of both wanting to work and wanting to...

yz133rider wrote:
Handbags, heels, cars, catered parties, lavish vacations, nuff said...I will send him the Dave Ramsey link but not sure if he'll ever be able to discipline himself and his wife. Some people are like that for life. Then you have the Warren Buffet's of the world who have billions and still drive an old Cadillac:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/21/why-these-5-billionaires-still-drive-th…
Goofy Foot
1/22/2020 10:38am
Sideways wrote:

Damn. Nicholas Cage burned 150 Million in 15 years! Spending 10 Mil per year must have been quite the party!
yz133rider
1/22/2020 10:41am

yz133rider wrote:
Handbags, heels, cars, catered parties, lavish vacations, nuff said...I will send him the Dave Ramsey link but not sure if he'll ever be able to discipline...
Handbags, heels, cars, catered parties, lavish vacations, nuff said...I will send him the Dave Ramsey link but not sure if he'll ever be able to discipline himself and his wife. Some people are like that for life. Then you have the Warren Buffet's of the world who have billions and still drive an old Cadillac:

I understand. You cant out earn bad habits. Just like you cant out work a bad diet.
kongols
1/22/2020 10:56am
Goofy Foot wrote:
Damn. Nicholas Cage burned 150 Million in 15 years! Spending 10 Mil per year must have been quite the party!
From what I understand he really sucked at investing money.
ge217
1/22/2020 11:33am
OFalk280 wrote:
Think of it like what the X Games and freestyle were in their prime. There were a whole lot of core motocross racers that never thought...
Think of it like what the X Games and freestyle were in their prime. There were a whole lot of core motocross racers that never thought it would blow up the way it did. It would never be a legitimate “sport” and never be able to sell the way racing did. And, well sure enough any body under likely 30 years old in motocross has likely had the question “so do you do backflips and stuff?” when they mention they ride/race dirt bikes. Freestyle exposed more of the mainstream audience to dirt bikes that motocross did for a bit there and got a whole lot of kids wanting to ride dirt bikes..brands are just trying to capitalize on the popularity of the faces of the sport while dedicating relatively low resources to them compared to their racers. I don’t even think RV gets free bikes if you listen to his recent interviews with media outlets...
You’re a fool if you think he is not getting free bikes to ride.
OFalk280
1/22/2020 11:42am
OFalk280 wrote:
ge217 wrote:
Go listen to the swapmoto live show from April 1st with Ryan Villopoto. He talks about how he can “sign out” different Yamaha products. Also talks about how he asked Yamaha to keep his straight rhythm bike from the year before. By saying he asked them to keep it, that implies that they were gonna take it back. He also mentions that he placed an order for his new straight rhythm bike (which would’ve been the one that just passed).
Moto Norcal
1/22/2020 12:38pm
Hell, I heard Jeff Matiasevitch say on Pulp that he still gets bikes from Kawasaki, and he's been retired for years and years, and probably has very little marketing value to the company.
Dtat720
1/22/2020 12:48pm
Hell, I heard Jeff Matiasevitch say on Pulp that he still gets bikes from Kawasaki, and he's been retired for years and years, and probably has...
Hell, I heard Jeff Matiasevitch say on Pulp that he still gets bikes from Kawasaki, and he's been retired for years and years, and probably has very little marketing value to the company.
I'd venture to guess chicken had something written in to his last contract that he would get a bike for life in exchange for something to help kawi out on their end. Who knows.
GPR245
1/22/2020 3:47pm
OFalk280 wrote:
ge217 wrote:
OFalk280 wrote:
Go listen to the swapmoto live show from April 1st with Ryan Villopoto. He talks about how he can “sign out” different Yamaha products. Also talks...
Go listen to the swapmoto live show from April 1st with Ryan Villopoto. He talks about how he can “sign out” different Yamaha products. Also talks about how he asked Yamaha to keep his straight rhythm bike from the year before. By saying he asked them to keep it, that implies that they were gonna take it back. He also mentions that he placed an order for his new straight rhythm bike (which would’ve been the one that just passed).
He still has to place orders for bikes, there's budget involved and they did give him his straight rhythm bike. It's in his agents office. He can sign out other products from other divisions as he is a motorcycle ambassador not an "adventure" or "outdoors" (SxS or other product). He's definitely getting X amount of bikes per year. As with many ambassador deals they take the product back so they're always on current models and sell off the used ones.
Sully
1/22/2020 3:53pm
Goofy Foot wrote:
kongols wrote:
From what I understand he really sucked at investing money.
Wait, are you trying to tell me that buying a quarter million dollar - stolen - t-rex skull isn't a sound investment?
OFalk280
1/22/2020 3:53pm
GPR245 wrote:
He still has to place orders for bikes, there's budget involved and they did give him his straight rhythm bike. It's in his agents office. He...
He still has to place orders for bikes, there's budget involved and they did give him his straight rhythm bike. It's in his agents office. He can sign out other products from other divisions as he is a motorcycle ambassador not an "adventure" or "outdoors" (SxS or other product). He's definitely getting X amount of bikes per year. As with many ambassador deals they take the product back so they're always on current models and sell off the used ones.
This is exactly what I was trying to say but did not explain it very well unfortunately! What’s 2-3 bikes loaned out and then taken back and sold (possibly for break even, or a small loss) and then a smaller salary to Yamaha? That investment in RV is certainly not what is stopping them from fielding a 3rd rider on their Factory 450 team and (while I obviously don’t know insider numbers) that ROI could very well be worth it to them. If it was a endless stream of money loss I certainly don’t think Yamaha would continue to support him
face biter
1/22/2020 5:00pm
yz133rider wrote:
Handbags, heels, cars, catered parties, lavish vacations, nuff said...I will send him the Dave Ramsey link but not sure if he'll ever be able to discipline...

yz133rider wrote:
I understand. You cant out earn bad habits. Just like you cant out work a bad diet.
Challenge accepted!
therealhammer
1/22/2020 5:17pm
ktmwoods wrote:
Sully wrote:
You are wrong .. it was a Bentley and it was bought .. I know .... I was there
devotid
Fantasy
500th
1/22/2020 11:27pm
crowe176 wrote:
Stew doesn’t strike me as the “ambassador” type of guy.
While I agree, I think he's too competitive to let RV2 just take all the fun. And just think of the money he could possibly make...
While I agree, I think he's too competitive to let RV2 just take all the fun.

And just think of the money he could possibly make doing a 125 all start race this summer with RV and Chad. Or over seas.

He still has the ability to bring in money...might as well go for it.
Yeah.... Stews gonna make HUNDREDS of dollars winning the 125 Races. I bet he is at home doing push ups right now.

Were the hell do some people come up with this shit?
1/23/2020 7:37am
Haha yeah, stew is on his 1 million dollar dirt bike simulator, and doing jumping jacks. Training for Millville 125 race for a chance to win a 50.00 bob,s cycle certificate.
side-pipe
Fantasy
3277th
1/23/2020 7:54am
Sideways wrote:

Goofy Foot wrote:
Thats ONLY 27k a day the man has standards lol

Post a reply to: JS7 monster kawi deal...

The Latest