JS7 is drinking the RD5 coffee, calling Dungey for the title

Jtommr
Edited Date/Time 6/5/2022 1:59pm
|
daemon666
5/31/2022 11:37am
I like when JS7 has guests but he's really good when he does it alone.
McG194
5/31/2022 11:38am
His prediction came out after mine. Just want that on record. lol
5/31/2022 11:51am
I was just discussing this yesterday with some moto friends. After Dungey's performance last weekend I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the title. I was honestly shocked by his 5th place finish, but it shows he still has it.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/31/2022 11:58am
James is going out on a limb. I like Dungey's chances to win a race this year, but the whole shebang? That's a tall order, boys.

The Shop

TXDirt
5/31/2022 12:01pm
He had a good result but I don’t have him as champion just yet. He finished 45-55 seconds off the leaders. Amazing first race no doubt!

Champion? Not yet.

I’m picking Tomac if he stays in it all year. Second pick is Sexton.
mb60
5/31/2022 12:02pm
Let's be honest the field is not very deep at Roczen, Sexton and Anderson. Craig and Dungey could be dark horses for the championship with smooth consistent riding. And yes I think Tomac is riding injured.
motox11
5/31/2022 12:09pm
I freakin wish, just don’t see it. Yet. Tomac is riding injured and will only get better. I think Sexton and roczen will do the same old thing they have been. Blazing fast and crash and/or get sick. and Anderson may sneak back closer to Dungey in points with how his speed has been. Time will certainly tell!
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
I won’t doubt the guy anymore. I’d think he would only get better and more comfortable as the season goes on, while others do the opposite. I’m still blown away how he looked Saturday. Once he gets that first podium, he’s going to live there the rest of the season.

I know we’ve seen retired guys come back and described them as still having the same style as their prime, but he literally doesn’t look like he’s missed more than a season.

nskerb
Since he’s started publicly commenting (SX ‘22 preseason) he’s batting 100 on title predictions.

Do with that information what you will.
LungButter
5/31/2022 12:10pm
If Tomac is injured, which it seems like he is, then I could see this happening.

Less of a long shot than Sexton at this point I'd say, remember how many folks were pegging him for the SX championship after his race win?

I'm not even a Dungey fan but.... Dunge gonna Dunge.
5/31/2022 12:14pm
Stew has always been good on a mic. Dude is very smooth and bright for a motocrosser. The Lake Minnetonka mixed with RD coffee references were gold. It’s definitely early to pick RD for the title, but I don’t see any other guy as being more likely to win it than he.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
5/31/2022 12:15pm
It will be interesting to see what RD does with a bad to mid pack start. No reason at this point to doubt him, but if he makes quick work of guys like he used to, then it’s on.
Big Lenny
5/31/2022 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2022 3:26pm
He'll be on the podium by round 5...I think we'll see James out there too..As soon as he finds a track he likes...Wink
resetjet
5/31/2022 12:34pm
McG194 wrote:
Yours was after mine!!!! Dungey gonna diesel right through the season. He’s fresh, he wants it and apparently he still has it. He will click off some top 5’s for a few rounds and kill everyone with consistency. Sexton will crash out trying to be fmotp, ken will
Fade. Anderson not so much an mx guy. Tomac gonna diesel now too apparently, we will see.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
5/31/2022 1:06pm
YUUUUUGE Dungey fan. But James is nuts on this one. Do I hope he's right....bet your ass I do. I just don't see it.

I'm just glad to have him out there and doing well.
yz133rider
5/31/2022 1:09pm
I said it yesterday at the track that I think Dungey has a serious chance at the title.

Look at who’s ahead of him, and look at their track records for crashing, inconsistency, illness, bad races, etc.

Then factor in how consistent he is, and his fitness and speed is only going to improve. This was likely his worst race for pace, conditions, etc.
KONG
5/31/2022 1:15pm
JS7 said Ferrandis was gonna win the SX title.
James knows how to get some clicks, and in a more subtle way than Cooksey...
Wink
Hudd_421
5/31/2022 1:17pm
KONG wrote:
JS7 said Ferrandis was gonna win the SX title.
James knows how to get some clicks, and in a more subtle way than Cooksey...
Wink
And about 1000x the credibility. Guy likes to have fun, I love that he doesn't take things too serious, throws some wild stuff out there. At the end of the day he's the FMOP, so you can't say he's not on to something or deny there's some validity to his takes!
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
5/31/2022 1:19pm
crowe660 wrote:
I won’t doubt the guy anymore. I’d think he would only get better and more comfortable as the season goes on, while others do the opposite...
I won’t doubt the guy anymore. I’d think he would only get better and more comfortable as the season goes on, while others do the opposite. I’m still blown away how he looked Saturday. Once he gets that first podium, he’s going to live there the rest of the season.

I know we’ve seen retired guys come back and described them as still having the same style as their prime, but he literally doesn’t look like he’s missed more than a season.

On the site lap of the first moto, when I saw that Dungey had already found his smoothness, I thought, Uh-Oh! He's going to be in the run for this championship.

Regardless, we can't marginalize the lead the Honda boys had in both motos.

I predict this is going to go down to the wire and be settled in the last moto at Fox II.
5/31/2022 1:48pm
Before Pala, I would have said no chance, and I'm an admitted Dungey nut hugger, but now I think he may have an outside shot. Look who he has to beat for the title.

Tomac - riding around on 1.75 knees. Still the title favorite if he's healthy enough
Anderson - faster than Dungey but inconsistent
Sexton - faster than Dungey but inconsistent
Roczen - faster than Dungey but the countdown clock on his seasonal fade starts at round 3
Craig - faster than Dungey but inconsistent
Barcia - bitch, please, for a championship?
Plessinger - I just don't see it
Cairoli - I just want him to stay all season
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/31/2022 1:49pm
McG194 wrote:
resetjet wrote:
Yours was after mine!!!! Dungey gonna diesel right through the season. He’s fresh, he wants it and apparently he still has it. He will click off...
Yours was after mine!!!! Dungey gonna diesel right through the season. He’s fresh, he wants it and apparently he still has it. He will click off some top 5’s for a few rounds and kill everyone with consistency. Sexton will crash out trying to be fmotp, ken will
Fade. Anderson not so much an mx guy. Tomac gonna diesel now too apparently, we will see.
Might want to check Lap times from Anderson, while coming through the pack-

http://americanmotocrossresults.com/xml/MX/events/M2205/M1F1RID.pdf

His average lap time was faster than Craig, Dungey, Tomac and Cairoli. He was actually 3rd fastest overall and only 1/2 a second off of Roczens average lap time. I think he’s going to do just fine outdoors.
Richy
5/31/2022 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2022 1:58pm
Each to their own, more power to you for having an opinion, but shiiit some folks here never seem to have anything good to say about anyone? I whined plenty about CommercialCross the other day, but I'm not about throwing shade at people.

I don't reckon it's a stretch to see Dunge on the box, on any step. Just happy he's back and he looked as solid as he did, damn impressive, he'll enjoy it whatever happens so win win.
McG194
5/31/2022 2:37pm
McG194 wrote:
resetjet wrote:
Yours was after mine!!!! Dungey gonna diesel right through the season. He’s fresh, he wants it and apparently he still has it. He will click off...
Haha, not sure when you said it but I put it in my signature Friday.
McG194
5/31/2022 2:39pm
McG194 wrote:
resetjet wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Might want to check Lap times from Anderson, while coming through the pack- http://americanmotocrossresults.com/xml/MX/events/M2205/M1F1RID.pdf His average lap time was faster than Craig, Dungey, Tomac and Cairoli...
Might want to check Lap times from Anderson, while coming through the pack-

http://americanmotocrossresults.com/xml/MX/events/M2205/M1F1RID.pdf

His average lap time was faster than Craig, Dungey, Tomac and Cairoli. He was actually 3rd fastest overall and only 1/2 a second off of Roczens average lap time. I think he’s going to do just fine outdoors.
You are absolutely right and if history has taught us anything it's that Dungey cannot win a championship over a guy with more flat-out speed than him.

*Sarcasm disengaged......
tireguy1000
5/31/2022 3:33pm
Even 5 years later RD5 is the most consistent rider on the track today. Starting up front, maintaining that speed and going 5/5 was actually the tall order. Now going into round 2 with 99% less questions and with added confidence do you think he will be slower?

If KR94 Fades, CS23 crashes, ET3 bows out from his knee, JA21 gets bad starts, Who will step up? RD5!
Phil109
5/31/2022 3:46pm
If he’s on the box the next round and can stay closer to the leaders it’s on for sure.
5/31/2022 3:54pm
All you guys saying he doesn't have the speed of THE fast guys...you're right. He never really has. Still got him a couple championships.
With a hurt Tomac, a question-mark Roczen, a missing Ferrandis, a one-flip-away from DNF'ing Sexton, and a can't-avoid-trouble Anderson, Dungey just might have the needed ingredient in this field.
He very well may not win a moto but still get the championship. Do I think that's what happens? No. But I absolutely wouldn't be shocked.
Of course it's more exciting to watch the Honda bros battle like this past weekend, or watch Tomac and Anderson in full-send. But no matter who's up front doing that, effing Dungey will no doubt be behind them doing his Diesel nickname proud.
Oh and I'm not even a Dungey fan.

Post a reply to: JS7 is drinking the RD5 coffee, calling Dungey for the title

The Latest