Another JS7 thread that no one can comprehend!

Edited Date/Time 5/30/2017 2:58pm
Considering James Stewart owns a major gear company with all of its marketing around the number "7" I find it hard to believe that if he has not retired, that he would continue to race with a different number. If he doesn't score any points this year, I believe his number is up for grabs to the next national champion. If I'm wrong then my point goes out the window and he can continue this ambivalent state he seems to be in at this point of his career.

Kevin Windham when he wore the "7".
|
Crush
5/29/2017 3:45am
I do think it's pretty fucked that Weimer is out there riding around with number 12 tho. What is marketing department thinking?
5/29/2017 4:54am
Wow, nobody has raised this point every week for the last two years.
I missed it! Really haven't been on forums but for a few months. Didn't mean to offend you.

The Shop

5/29/2017 4:56am
Crush wrote:
I do think it's pretty fucked that Weimer is out there riding around with number 12 tho. What is marketing department thinking?
Well, if he owned a company named "7" the company would look a little silly or vice versa.
5/29/2017 5:01am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2017 5:05am
kkawboy14 wrote:
7x7x7=259
OK, if that's what you came up with. But, yeah 259 works, but it would still be weird to see someone else with the '7' if James is still racing, especially if the guy with the '7' isn't wearing "7" gear.
Crush
5/29/2017 5:19am
Crush wrote:
Well, if he owned a company named "7" the company would look a little silly or vice versa.
You can't be serious... the argument that the gear brand is anything near a primary reason for him to continue racing is so far off the mark it's not funny.

The gear brand's viability and profitability should be the only thing that matter to its existence, and James should only be considering if he's committed to the risk vs reward ratio of making a comeback.

If nothing else, consider the owner's financial position. Do you think it matters to him or Seven if he races?
Johnny Depp
5/29/2017 5:36am
Replace numbers with riders initials and solve several problems at once. There, fixed.
Lightning78
5/29/2017 5:49am
kkawboy14 wrote:
7x7x7=259
OK, if that's what you came up with. But, yeah 259 works, but it would still be weird to see someone else with the '7' if...
OK, if that's what you came up with. But, yeah 259 works, but it would still be weird to see someone else with the '7' if James is still racing, especially if the guy with the '7' isn't wearing "7" gear.
It's actually 343 but who's counting? Lol
5/29/2017 5:57am
Crush wrote:
Crush wrote:
You can't be serious... the argument that the gear brand is anything near a primary reason for him to continue racing is so far off the...
You can't be serious... the argument that the gear brand is anything near a primary reason for him to continue racing is so far off the mark it's not funny.

The gear brand's viability and profitability should be the only thing that matter to its existence, and James should only be considering if he's committed to the risk vs reward ratio of making a comeback.

If nothing else, consider the owner's financial position. Do you think it matters to him or Seven if he races?
No need to get so pissy. I'm only saying that if he is going to ever come back I think he would at least come back for a race or two this year to keep his number, considering (also) that he owns a gear company named "7." You are making it sound like I am stupid for thinking James would care anything about that. Well, if he is going to keep racing I think he would care about that. I can't see James pulling up next to (example) Dylan Ferrandis next year on the starting gate with Dylan wearing Answer (example) gear and the number 7.
MR. X
5/29/2017 5:57am
I'm sure James can keep selling his line of spandex racing outfits.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
5/29/2017 6:02am
Crush wrote:
You can't be serious... the argument that the gear brand is anything near a primary reason for him to continue racing is so far off the...

Crush, I have to respectfully disagree with one point, that of the company "brand", but I agree with everything else you say. I remember HRP, Hannah Racing Products, lasted only a few years once Hannah retired. There are a couple others I'm forgetting, but very few (Thor comes to mind) last long after the rider disappears from the track. JS7 definitely needs to stay visible for his gear line to last more than a couple years after he's no longer racing, IMO.
jimmie
5/29/2017 6:14am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2017 6:25am
kkawboy14 wrote:
7x7x7=259
^Fake math ^

6 3/8 x 6 3/8 x 6 3/8 = 259.083984...........nothing else to do at the moment, I'll be on my way now.
5/29/2017 6:19am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2017 6:26am
MR. X wrote:
I'm sure James can keep selling his line of spandex racing outfits.
I was mainly trying to point out the racing part and no so much the gear part. I guess I haven't been clear because everyone thinks I'm mainly talking about the business side. I'm saying, that if James has made a decision to keep racing in the future, that he will most likely try to make a race or two to try to keep his number. People say that the number is a non reason to continue, and I'm saying that for years after their careers were over at least 2 retired racers kept racing enough races each year to keep their numbers.The racers were Mike Brown and John Dowd. So, if James is still racing in the future, especially with James owning a gear company branded with "his" number, then I think he may want to keep that number.
newmann
5/29/2017 6:19am
kkawboy14 wrote:
7x7x7=259
jimmie wrote:
^Fake math ^

6 3/8 x 6 3/8 x 6 3/8 = 259.083984...........nothing else to do at the moment, I'll be on my way now.
"common core"
jimmie
5/29/2017 6:28am
kkawboy14 wrote:
7x7x7=259
jimmie wrote:
^Fake math ^

newmann wrote:
"common core"
More like "common sense" Wink
5/29/2017 6:30am
kkawboy14 wrote:
7x7x7=259
OK, if that's what you came up with. But, yeah 259 works, but it would still be weird to see someone else with the '7' if...
It's actually 343 but who's counting? Lol
I know, I was agreeing with the part about James taking the 259 number, not the math that he used to get it.
DoctorJD
5/29/2017 6:33am
Crush wrote:
Are you trolling? You can't be serious. So RC can no longer be associated with the #4? And when Chad Reed retires, we just forget that he was 22? I fail to see your logic.
downard254
5/29/2017 6:38am
Just out of curiosity, but who the hell was WD-40, I know the company, but for the life of me I can't remember who the hell started it. Laughing
5/29/2017 6:47am
Crush wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
Are you trolling? You can't be serious. So RC can no longer be associated with the #4? And when Chad Reed retires, we just forget that...
Are you trolling? You can't be serious. So RC can no longer be associated with the #4? And when Chad Reed retires, we just forget that he was 22? I fail to see your logic.
Sure they can. Maybe you're trolling, because I think if you read anything I've posted then you wouldn't have put that question out there. But I'll play along. RC and Reed can associate with their numbers as long as they want. Look at McGrath coming to Kawasaki to be an ambassador this year and him "taking over" the number 2 and RV now is RV2. So, I say numbers are important to racers. That's one of the reasons I'm saying that if JS7 is coming back then keeping the number 7 might be important for him to keep while he is racing. If he retires then none of this matters. He can still stick a 7 on his bike like RC sticks a 4 on his. And, someone else can earn the 7 just like Blake Baggett earned the 4.
DoctorJD
5/29/2017 7:21am
DoctorJD wrote:
Are you trolling? You can't be serious. So RC can no longer be associated with the #4? And when Chad Reed retires, we just forget that...
Sure they can. Maybe you're trolling, because I think if you read anything I've posted then you wouldn't have put that question out there. But I'll...
Sure they can. Maybe you're trolling, because I think if you read anything I've posted then you wouldn't have put that question out there. But I'll play along. RC and Reed can associate with their numbers as long as they want. Look at McGrath coming to Kawasaki to be an ambassador this year and him "taking over" the number 2 and RV now is RV2. So, I say numbers are important to racers. That's one of the reasons I'm saying that if JS7 is coming back then keeping the number 7 might be important for him to keep while he is racing. If he retires then none of this matters. He can still stick a 7 on his bike like RC sticks a 4 on his. And, someone else can earn the 7 just like Blake Baggett earned the 4.
Okay, I'll admit I didn't thoroughly read your post. The part about returning to racing after he's lost the #7 got by me. There may be some validity to the scenario, but I think this is simply a case of overthinking the situation...and most of us not caring anymore.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/29/2017 7:27am
Dougie,
Give it a rest and lighten up. The JS7 threads are getting old and you're going to get smartass comments when you start ANOTHER one.
James isn't coming back to race anymore, I'd bet money on it !! The gear company will be fine and I'm guessing that James will sell it eventually and all this talk will be irrelevant !
Crush
5/29/2017 7:31am
Crush wrote:

Graybeard wrote:
Crush, I have to respectfully disagree with one point, that of the company "brand", but I agree with everything else you say. I remember HRP, Hannah...
Crush, I have to respectfully disagree with one point, that of the company "brand", but I agree with everything else you say. I remember HRP, Hannah Racing Products, lasted only a few years once Hannah retired. There are a couple others I'm forgetting, but very few (Thor comes to mind) last long after the rider disappears from the track. JS7 definitely needs to stay visible for his gear line to last more than a couple years after he's no longer racing, IMO.
How popular and how invested into a worldwide distributor network was HRP compared to Seven.

We see SHYTELOADS of it down here... So i'm gonna guess it's self-sustaining at this point...
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/29/2017 7:38am
Crush wrote:

Graybeard wrote:
Crush, I have to respectfully disagree with one point, that of the company "brand", but I agree with everything else you say. I remember HRP, Hannah...
Crush wrote:
How popular and how invested into a worldwide distributor network was HRP compared to Seven. We see SHYTELOADS of it down here... So i'm gonna guess...
How popular and how invested into a worldwide distributor network was HRP compared to Seven.

We see SHYTELOADS of it down here... So i'm gonna guess it's self-sustaining at this point...
James can thank Troy Lee and Eddie Cole for that ! James put up cash to get SEVEN off the ground, but TLD got the brand out there to start with. Eddie has done the rest of the leg work to get the gear to where it is now !
kkawboy14
5/29/2017 7:40am
jimmie wrote:
^Fake math ^

newmann wrote:
"common core"
jimmie wrote:
More like "common sense" Wink
Chinese overtime?

Since nothing else adds up in this whole James Stewart world, I figured I would add 1 more thing!
5/29/2017 7:47am
langhammx wrote:
Dougie, Give it a rest and lighten up. The JS7 threads are getting old and you're going to get smartass comments when you start ANOTHER one...
Dougie,
Give it a rest and lighten up. The JS7 threads are getting old and you're going to get smartass comments when you start ANOTHER one.
James isn't coming back to race anymore, I'd bet money on it !! The gear company will be fine and I'm guessing that James will sell it eventually and all this talk will be irrelevant !
I can live with that. I honestly hadn't seen this specific thing talked about on here. But, I've only followed the forums for 2 or 3 months. I think you're probably right about James being done, and I think his company will probably be as big as FOX one day. If he doesn't show up at a national this year that is a guarantee as to him never coming back. That's probably how I should have phrased it if at all. Thanks for your down to earth post, I appreciate it.
GreaseMeter
5/29/2017 7:55am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2017 8:00am
I see this comment all the time over vital. I don't get it...Even if Stewart was riding, the dude would have retired in a couple of years. Does Seven Gear retire with him? NO. Go to the amateur races. (Which none of you do). Every kid has seven gear on, and shocker. They are not number 7 on their motorcycle. The connection isn't as important as you people think to stew having number 7 and selling seven gear.

Post a reply to: Another JS7 thread that no one can comprehend!

The Latest