JS7.com video.....

shue201
1/9/2010 11:16am
Crash82 wrote:
I have a buddy that works at an auto dealership as a parts guy. Works 6 days a week 10 hour days on salary, he's trying...
I have a buddy that works at an auto dealership as a parts guy. Works 6 days a week 10 hour days on salary, he's trying to save up for Call of Duty 2 modern warfare, that's a hard life. Riding MX and working out and being filthy rich is not a hard life.
Saving up for a video game is a hard life to an American. There are three immigrant guys in my building that share an apartment. They...
Saving up for a video game is a hard life to an American. There are three immigrant guys in my building that share an apartment. They have one bed. Whoever gets home from work first gets the bed, but has to provide dinner for the other two. One guy has been riding a scooter right through winter ( snow and ice). They send a good part of their money back home to their families. Not saying Americans don't have hardship, but everything is relative.
Crash82 wrote:
You don't even know my friend, he has half a lung a wife and 2 kids, the guy busts his ass like hell all day, he...
You don't even know my friend, he has half a lung a wife and 2 kids, the guy busts his ass like hell all day, he does the best he can. My whole point was he can't even afford a 60 dollar video game. If your immigrant friends can send money home then they have more money than my buddy, yes everything is relative, like the fact you don't have a clue. I never said there weren't folks worse off than my friend, mhy point was he has it a hell of a lot worse than James Stewart and you never hear him say "sacrifice my life".
I may need to watch the video again, but did James say he has a hard life? I don't recall him saying that.

I think the word "sacrifice" is being viewed differently here. I know from my past, I have felt that I had to sacrifice things like, going out at night, going to school dances, getting a nice new truck/car, drinking beer every night, eating fast food and junk food, etc. to be able to race when I was a kid and/or race at the Pro level.

Having a "Hard Life" and "Sacrificing your life" to better your current and/or future life....are two totaling different things and under the circumstances that we are referring to here, cannot even be compared.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
1/9/2010 11:16am
Let's remember that at one time James and his family had very little money. Big James used to collect bottles to make ends meet according to...
Let's remember that at one time James and his family had very little money. Big James used to collect bottles to make ends meet according to the Espn 360 profile. James talks about going to Micky D's and not being able to afford the drink.
Wasn't James sponsored by Capitol Cycle in Macon all through most his LL championships? Didn't he have his own personal wrench David Kelley right there most of the time? The one he ditched when he turned pro? They left that out of the "profile".
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
1/9/2010 11:21am
Saving up for a video game is a hard life to an American. There are three immigrant guys in my building that share an apartment. They...
Saving up for a video game is a hard life to an American. There are three immigrant guys in my building that share an apartment. They have one bed. Whoever gets home from work first gets the bed, but has to provide dinner for the other two. One guy has been riding a scooter right through winter ( snow and ice). They send a good part of their money back home to their families. Not saying Americans don't have hardship, but everything is relative.
Crash82 wrote:
You don't even know my friend, he has half a lung a wife and 2 kids, the guy busts his ass like hell all day, he...
You don't even know my friend, he has half a lung a wife and 2 kids, the guy busts his ass like hell all day, he does the best he can. My whole point was he can't even afford a 60 dollar video game. If your immigrant friends can send money home then they have more money than my buddy, yes everything is relative, like the fact you don't have a clue. I never said there weren't folks worse off than my friend, mhy point was he has it a hell of a lot worse than James Stewart and you never hear him say "sacrifice my life".
shue201 wrote:
I may need to watch the video again, but did James say he has a hard life? I don't recall him saying that. I think the...
I may need to watch the video again, but did James say he has a hard life? I don't recall him saying that.

I think the word "sacrifice" is being viewed differently here. I know from my past, I have felt that I had to sacrifice things like, going out at night, going to school dances, getting a nice new truck/car, drinking beer every night, eating fast food and junk food, etc. to be able to race when I was a kid and/or race at the Pro level.

Having a "Hard Life" and "Sacrificing your life" to better your current and/or future life....are two totaling different things and under the circumstances that we are referring to here, cannot even be compared.
It's all good, I'm going to back on out of this thread, I gave my opinion and right or wrong, there's to many variables here and really don't want to get clicked today. So good luck to everyone, I hope it's an injury free day and may the best man win.
TerryB
1/9/2010 11:26am
I think Crash did some owning in this thread.

The Shop

1/9/2010 11:38am
Crash82 wrote:
I have a buddy that works at an auto dealership as a parts guy. Works 6 days a week 10 hour days on salary, he's trying...
I have a buddy that works at an auto dealership as a parts guy. Works 6 days a week 10 hour days on salary, he's trying to save up for Call of Duty 2 modern warfare, that's a hard life. Riding MX and working out and being filthy rich is not a hard life.
Crash82 wrote:
Wow...take a chill and count to ten. All you said before was your buddy works a lot and is saving for a video game. That made it sound like the vid game was his priority. And these immigrants aren't my friends. The guy was just telling me about it one day. My point is that people in America have it easier than a great number of people on this Earth. There are places on this Earth where you could feed your family for a month for $60- and everything is relative. Anyhow,there's a good race coming up as you said. I'm moving on.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/9/2010 11:41am
TerryB wrote:
Is that what that was?

It seemed like another JS thread being dragged down.
MelonFan123
1/9/2010 12:17pm
wow that was a cool video!

(back on topic here....)
burnside
1/9/2010 12:41pm
I think 'devoted' would have been a better word choice, also think who ever edited that video made far more of a statement with it than James probably intended. Sounds like he was cut short mid sentence too.... Cheesy, odd editing.. Thats all!

1/9/2010 12:43pm
Crash82 wrote:
Wow...take a chill and count to ten. All you said before was your buddy works a lot and is saving for a video game. That made...
Wow...take a chill and count to ten. All you said before was your buddy works a lot and is saving for a video game. That made it sound like the vid game was his priority. And these immigrants aren't my friends. The guy was just telling me about it one day. My point is that people in America have it easier than a great number of people on this Earth. There are places on this Earth where you could feed your family for a month for $60- and everything is relative. Anyhow,there's a good race coming up as you said. I'm moving on.
No shit. I guarantee you that the worst story we know or have heard can be topped by one that is worse. Moto East didn't say anything about his story being worse off, he just relayed another story. Maybe we should all be thankful we have the ability to have a computer and pay for internet service as I am sure there are MILLIONS of ppl that would like to be able to sit in front of one for 1/10th the time that most of us on here do.

Owning? Ya ok.

I am 100% in agreement with Matt on this issue. Sacrifice means different things to different people. I would imagine a lot of the pro racers would like to have things like Spring Break, normal social lives, being able to go to their friends/relatives birthday parties instead of racing every weekend, etc. On the other hand I am sure there are millions of ppl that would love to make those types of sacrifices instead of punching a clock day after day. As Matt said it is all relative.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
1/9/2010 1:17pm
TerryB wrote:
Thanks but I think everyone had some valid points. I know I was lucky enough to hang out with Bubba a few minutes back in 2002 without the big crowds around and he was very nice to me, seemed like a really genuine nice person. Sorry if I got a bit negative there, I need to try to stay away from arguing and negative stuff on here and i was kind of stirring things up. It's going to be a great night of racing!

Post a reply to: JS7.com video.....

The Latest