JS7.com video.....

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2010 5:30 AM

|

1/9/2010 5:37 AM

The guys works real hard

|

1/9/2010 6:27 AM

R-acer wrote:

The guys works real hard

Boot camp wouldn't be nearly as hard on James if R-acer would quit hanging from his balls!

|

1/9/2010 6:52 AM

"Sacrificing my life", the guy is living a dream and he looks at it as sacrificing his life sad odd. He needs to work a normal job for a couple years...

|

1/9/2010 6:54 AM

R-acer wrote:

The guys works real hard

The guy works real hard.
The guys work real hard.
Which one were you trying to say?

|

1/9/2010 7:11 AM

Some people just have no clue of what the "dedicated" pros go through during the week.

|

1/9/2010 7:22 AM

Crash82 wrote:

"Sacrificing my life", the guy is living a dream and he looks at it as sacrificing his life sad odd. He needs to work a normal job for a couple years...

I have heard Chad say the same thing numerous times. The fact is they are risking their life and ability to walk racing at that level, yes it is by choice but it is still the facts.

|

1/9/2010 7:38 AM

All these guys made the choice in life to do what they do, because they either love it, or think they're going to make a living at it.

END OF STORY

Well all have to do things in life that "are not fun" to accomplish our goals... B F D.

|

1/9/2010 8:52 AM

I have a buddy that works at an auto dealership as a parts guy. Works 6 days a week 10 hour days on salary, he's trying to save up for Call of Duty 2 modern warfare, that's a hard life. Riding MX and working out and being filthy rich is not a hard life.

|

1/9/2010 9:30 AM

I'm not going to quote any "one" post here, because there is more than one that is off base. It is crazy how everyone that comes on here must love this sport and either races or rides themselves, but they make statements that down play the top guys of our sport. These guys work harder at their jobs than, probably 90% of the readers/posters on this forum do at their jobs and sacrifice the "Normal Life" in order to do so. Some of you may say...what's the big deal, or B.F.D.?? Yes, they get rewarded pretty well for their efforts, and rightfully so....but that doesn't mean that they don't have to sacrifice things throughout their lives and day to day activities that most of us don't see as privileges.

On Friday night when most of us may be sitting down on the couch with a beer and some chips and salsa and watch TV for a few hours, these guys are probably still training or at least preparing themselves for another day of training or racing. They can't go out and get wasted and stay up until the wee hours of the morning and still get up and go to work...well most of them at least.

If you haven't been there, then you don't know. When you are racing for a living...yes it is a GREAT job, but everything you do is all about your results and making your sponsors happy!! The grind of training and racing takes its tole on your mind, body and spirit over time and I am sure all of them think to themselves at times, "Man I wish I could just be a normal person, and get to go out tonight instead of getting ready for this race." or in the Privateer's mind, getting loaded up and driving for 10hrs on a Friday when all your friends are ending their weeks and taking the weekend off.

These guys do have GREAT jobs and lives for the most part and I am sure a lot of you think that you would love to be in their shoes and if you were you wouldn't complain about anything...right?? After a week of doing all that is necessary to compete at this level, most will probably want to put their old shoes back on and just be a fan/spectator again. I am not saying a Pro Racer isn't lucky or that someone working a desk job doesn't have to work hard or sacrifice things too, but it is all perspective. I am sure if you asked JS or Chad to swap spots with you and sit behind that desk starring at that spread sheet on the computer screen, they will say, "no thanks....I will keep racing."

For some of the guys who may be lucky to have a ride again this year...maybe they should work a "normal 9-5" for about a month and see how hard they start training after that!! I know I wish I had gotten that opportunity to look into the future.

|

MATT SHUE

1/9/2010 9:30 AM

Crash82 wrote:

I have a buddy that works at an auto dealership as a parts guy. Works 6 days a week 10 hour days on salary, he's trying to save up for Call of Duty 2 modern warfare, that's a hard life. Riding MX and working out and being filthy rich is not a hard life.

he has a good life, but it is in no way easy. He has all the money he has, because he worked hard and earned it all. and btw, its not just "riding" theres a hell of a lot more that goes into it than just riding laps.

|

1/9/2010 9:40 AM

Crash82 wrote:

"Sacrificing my life", the guy is living a dream and he looks at it as sacrificing his life sad odd. He needs to work a normal job for a couple years...

gsxrcr28 wrote:

I have heard Chad say the same thing numerous times. The fact is they are risking their life and ability to walk racing at that level, yes it is by choice but it is still the facts.

we are risking the same fucking thing racing at "our" level..... the big difference is we willfully PAY to do it, and they get 6 digit checks in the mail to encourage them to show up and put it on the line...

i have went to a track with only 30 dollars to my name and used every penny of it for entry fee.... Blubba has a hard enough time showing up to race while he's getting paid.... what are the chances of him paying every last penny to his name just to be able to race???? think about it before you put those guys on some ridiculously high pedestal.....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/9/2010 9:40 AM

I see good ole' Vital is still full of idiots getting into arguments over ostensibly nothing.

smile

|

LOL MOTOCROSS

1/9/2010 9:47 AM

shue201 wrote:

I'm not going to quote any "one" post here, because there is more than one that is off base. It is crazy how everyone that comes on here must love this sport and either races or rides themselves, but they make statements that down play the top guys of our sport. These guys work harder at their jobs than, probably 90% of the readers/posters on this forum do at their jobs and sacrifice the "Normal Life" in order to do so. Some of you may say...what's the big deal, or B.F.D.?? Yes, they get rewarded pretty well for their efforts, and rightfully so....but that doesn't mean that they don't have to sacrifice things throughout their lives and day to day activities that most of us don't see as privileges.

On Friday night when most of us may be sitting down on the couch with a beer and some chips and salsa and watch TV for a few hours, these guys are probably still training or at least preparing themselves for another day of training or racing. They can't go out and get wasted and stay up until the wee hours of the morning and still get up and go to work...well most of them at least.

If you haven't been there, then you don't know. When you are racing for a living...yes it is a GREAT job, but everything you do is all about your results and making your sponsors happy!! The grind of training and racing takes its tole on your mind, body and spirit over time and I am sure all of them think to themselves at times, "Man I wish I could just be a normal person, and get to go out tonight instead of getting ready for this race." or in the Privateer's mind, getting loaded up and driving for 10hrs on a Friday when all your friends are ending their weeks and taking the weekend off.

These guys do have GREAT jobs and lives for the most part and I am sure a lot of you think that you would love to be in their shoes and if you were you wouldn't complain about anything...right?? After a week of doing all that is necessary to compete at this level, most will probably want to put their old shoes back on and just be a fan/spectator again. I am not saying a Pro Racer isn't lucky or that someone working a desk job doesn't have to work hard or sacrifice things too, but it is all perspective. I am sure if you asked JS or Chad to swap spots with you and sit behind that desk starring at that spread sheet on the computer screen, they will say, "no thanks....I will keep racing."

For some of the guys who may be lucky to have a ride again this year...maybe they should work a "normal 9-5" for about a month and see how hard they start training after that!! I know I wish I had gotten that opportunity to look into the future.

Matt,

When I posted "BFD" it was directed more at the message board "defenders" than at any of the pro riders.

Dude, we get it, that it's a hard gig, totally.... that's not the point, the point is, that that is the road you guys have chosen, so it is what it is, if it's too tough, change jobs... I'm sure that's what you'd tell me to do if I started complaining how hard it is to do what I do.

I don't know what it's like to be a professional motocrosser anymore than you know what its like to be me... it just may be harder than you can even imagine.

Peace



|

1/9/2010 9:53 AM

Crash82 wrote:

"Sacrificing my life", the guy is living a dream and he looks at it as sacrificing his life sad odd. He needs to work a normal job for a couple years...

gsxrcr28 wrote:

I have heard Chad say the same thing numerous times. The fact is they are risking their life and ability to walk racing at that level, yes it is by choice but it is still the facts.

gt80rider wrote:

we are risking the same fucking thing racing at "our" level..... the big difference is we willfully PAY to do it, and they get 6 digit checks in the mail to encourage them to show up and put it on the line...

i have went to a track with only 30 dollars to my name and used every penny of it for entry fee.... Blubba has a hard enough time showing up to race while he's getting paid.... what are the chances of him paying every last penny to his name just to be able to race???? think about it before you put those guys on some ridiculously high pedestal.....

Man you are right. Thanks

|

1/9/2010 10:03 AM

Sacrificing life comes with growing up, not motocross. Motocross is a part of the advertising/entertainment industry. Pretty shallow thing to "sacrifice" your life for, especially if you have enough money to go do whatever you want instead.

This is nothing against James or anyone else here, but motocross is not the center of the universe.

I have a full time job, a wife (with a full time job) and two small kids. If you think I can get up in the morning and decide what I want to do on a whim, I'd laugh in your face. If I want to go out alone with my wife, I need to find someone available to watch my kids. If I want to go riding, I have to do the same or make sure that my wife has the day off from her job that she works hard at.

There are sacrifices everyone makes to do what they do. These sacrifices must be worth the trouble because he's in a position to leave it all at any time he wants. I know I have to make sacrifices to have the family and job that I have. I wouldn't have it any other way.

|

1/9/2010 10:04 AM

Crash82 wrote:

I have a buddy that works at an auto dealership as a parts guy. Works 6 days a week 10 hour days on salary, he's trying to save up for Call of Duty 2 modern warfare, that's a hard life. Riding MX and working out and being filthy rich is not a hard life.

Saving up for a video game is a hard life to an American. There are three immigrant guys in my building that share an apartment. They have one bed. Whoever gets home from work first gets the bed, but has to provide dinner for the other two. One guy has been riding a scooter right through winter ( snow and ice). They send a good part of their money back home to their families. Not saying Americans don't have hardship, but everything is relative.

|

RyanDungey: Got things kicked off tonight to the 2012 supercross season, 3rd place, looking forward to what's ahead thanks to the KTM crew and all fans!
RickyCarmichael: U people crack me up
RyanDungey: “@RickyCarmichael: U people crack me up” who?

1/9/2010 10:09 AM

Outsider wrote:

Matt,

When I posted "BFD" it was directed more at the message board "defenders" than at any of the pro riders.

Dude, we get it, that it's a hard gig, totally.... that's not the point, the point is, that that is the road you guys have chosen, so it is what it is, if it's too tough, change jobs... I'm sure that's what you'd tell me to do if I started complaining how hard it is to do what I do.

I don't know what it's like to be a professional motocrosser anymore than you know what its like to be me... it just may be harder than you can even imagine.

Peace



Outsider, I am not trying to start shit or call anyone out or discredit what they have to say at all. I am lucky enough, or unlucky enough, to have been on every side of the fence there is. So I know how hard it is from all angles and it has made me appreciate my days of racing for a living so much more. Like I said, I wish I had gotten a glimpse into the future and I may not be in my current boat....not that it is a bad one.

Someone above said something about JS complaining about his life...he was not complaining....he was only making a statement that he has sacrificed a lot to be where he is. I am not a JS fan, so there is NO pedestal here. Just respect.

Question....what we all of you be doing tonight at 10PM EST, 7PM PST??? I am guessing watching these guys live on Speed, right??

|

MATT SHUE

1/9/2010 10:16 AM

Let's remember that at one time James and his family had very little money. Big James used to collect bottles to make ends meet according to the Espn 360 profile. James talks about going to Micky D's and not being able to afford the drink.

|

RyanDungey: Got things kicked off tonight to the 2012 supercross season, 3rd place, looking forward to what's ahead thanks to the KTM crew and all fans!
RickyCarmichael: U people crack me up
RyanDungey: “@RickyCarmichael: U people crack me up” who?

1/9/2010 10:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 7:53 PM

shue201 wrote:

Outsider, I am not trying to start shit or call anyone out or discredit what they have to say at all. I am lucky enough, or unlucky enough, to have been on every side of the fence there is. So I know how hard it is from all angles and it has made me appreciate my days of racing for a living so much more. Like I said, I wish I had gotten a glimpse into the future and I may not be in my current boat....not that it is a bad one.

Someone above said something about JS complaining about his life...he was not complaining....he was only making a statement that he has sacrificed a lot to be where he is. I am not a JS fan, so there is NO pedestal here. Just respect.

Question....what we all of you be doing tonight at 10PM EST, 7PM PST??? I am guessing watching these guys live on Speed, right??

Of course! We will all be watching Speed.... and we'll be appreciating all those dudes hard work and sacrifice.


I think I'm going to at least one of the other two Anaheim rounds... it's tough right now as the work in my trade is slow, but, I will probably be able to scrape together the $150-$200 it will take to go to the race... which will help (a little) to pay guys like James, to continue to "sacrifice".


Without diehard fans like (most) of the dudes on this board, James would just be a guy that rides really good on his local practice track, on his days off from working at Home Depot... hehe. Just kidding!


Cool

|

1/9/2010 10:26 AM

gt80rider wrote:

we are risking the same fucking thing racing at "our" level..... the big difference is we willfully PAY to do it, and they get 6 digit checks in the mail to encourage them to show up and put it on the line...

i have went to a track with only 30 dollars to my name and used every penny of it for entry fee.... Blubba has a hard enough time showing up to race while he's getting paid.... what are the chances of him paying every last penny to his name just to be able to race???? think about it before you put those guys on some ridiculously high pedestal.....

He already has man. Did you ever see the interview with Big James where the family ate peanut butter sandwiches, slept in the car when traveling to races, and collected bottles and cans for entry fees?

They were passionate about racing when they had nothing. He has been passionate for almost 12 years+ of racing for championships AM and Pro.

I agree they got it made, but saying they are not passionate about the sport and wouldn't spend their last dime to race, is incorrect. They just happen to be in the point in his career where it has payed off and they can enjoy the benefits of their hard work.

|

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people -Eleanor Roosevelt

Aim: Devil1nnj

1/9/2010 10:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 7:53 PM

shue201 wrote:

I'm not going to quote any "one" post here, because there is more than one that is off base. It is crazy how everyone that comes on here must love this sport and either races or rides themselves, but they make statements that down play the top guys of our sport. These guys work harder at their jobs than, probably 90% of the readers/posters on this forum do at their jobs and sacrifice the "Normal Life" in order to do so. Some of you may say...what's the big deal, or B.F.D.?? Yes, they get rewarded pretty well for their efforts, and rightfully so....but that doesn't mean that they don't have to sacrifice things throughout their lives and day to day activities that most of us don't see as privileges.

On Friday night when most of us may be sitting down on the couch with a beer and some chips and salsa and watch TV for a few hours, these guys are probably still training or at least preparing themselves for another day of training or racing. They can't go out and get wasted and stay up until the wee hours of the morning and still get up and go to work...well most of them at least.

If you haven't been there, then you don't know. When you are racing for a living...yes it is a GREAT job, but everything you do is all about your results and making your sponsors happy!! The grind of training and racing takes its tole on your mind, body and spirit over time and I am sure all of them think to themselves at times, "Man I wish I could just be a normal person, and get to go out tonight instead of getting ready for this race." or in the Privateer's mind, getting loaded up and driving for 10hrs on a Friday when all your friends are ending their weeks and taking the weekend off.

These guys do have GREAT jobs and lives for the most part and I am sure a lot of you think that you would love to be in their shoes and if you were you wouldn't complain about anything...right?? After a week of doing all that is necessary to compete at this level, most will probably want to put their old shoes back on and just be a fan/spectator again. I am not saying a Pro Racer isn't lucky or that someone working a desk job doesn't have to work hard or sacrifice things too, but it is all perspective. I am sure if you asked JS or Chad to swap spots with you and sit behind that desk starring at that spread sheet on the computer screen, they will say, "no thanks....I will keep racing."

For some of the guys who may be lucky to have a ride again this year...maybe they should work a "normal 9-5" for about a month and see how hard they start training after that!! I know I wish I had gotten that opportunity to look into the future.

So true. I've always thought if the average American worked 5% as hard as RC half of this country would be off welfare.


As someone who rooted for Chad last year; I think this title is James' to lose.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

1/9/2010 10:30 AM

Outsider wrote:

Of course! We will all be watching Speed.... and we'll be appreciating all those dudes hard work and sacrifice.


I think I'm going to at least one of the other two Anaheim rounds... it's tough right now as the work in my trade is slow, but, I will probably be able to scrape together the $150-$200 it will take to go to the race... which will help (a little) to pay guys like James, to continue to "sacrifice".


Without diehard fans like (most) of the dudes on this board, James would just be a guy that rides really good on his local practice track, on his days off from working at Home Depot... hehe. Just kidding!


Cool

Exactly. Yes, I am entertained by motocross and enjoy riding myself. I pay money that I work for to enjoy it. I will never feel sorry for these guys though. It's their choice and choices bring about certain consequences.

|

1/9/2010 10:36 AM

shue201 wrote:

I'm not going to quote any "one" post here, because there is more than one that is off base. It is crazy how everyone that comes on here must love this sport and either races or rides themselves, but they make statements that down play the top guys of our sport. These guys work harder at their jobs than, probably 90% of the readers/posters on this forum do at their jobs and sacrifice the "Normal Life" in order to do so. Some of you may say...what's the big deal, or B.F.D.?? Yes, they get rewarded pretty well for their efforts, and rightfully so....but that doesn't mean that they don't have to sacrifice things throughout their lives and day to day activities that most of us don't see as privileges.

On Friday night when most of us may be sitting down on the couch with a beer and some chips and salsa and watch TV for a few hours, these guys are probably still training or at least preparing themselves for another day of training or racing. They can't go out and get wasted and stay up until the wee hours of the morning and still get up and go to work...well most of them at least.

If you haven't been there, then you don't know. When you are racing for a living...yes it is a GREAT job, but everything you do is all about your results and making your sponsors happy!! The grind of training and racing takes its tole on your mind, body and spirit over time and I am sure all of them think to themselves at times, "Man I wish I could just be a normal person, and get to go out tonight instead of getting ready for this race." or in the Privateer's mind, getting loaded up and driving for 10hrs on a Friday when all your friends are ending their weeks and taking the weekend off.

These guys do have GREAT jobs and lives for the most part and I am sure a lot of you think that you would love to be in their shoes and if you were you wouldn't complain about anything...right?? After a week of doing all that is necessary to compete at this level, most will probably want to put their old shoes back on and just be a fan/spectator again. I am not saying a Pro Racer isn't lucky or that someone working a desk job doesn't have to work hard or sacrifice things too, but it is all perspective. I am sure if you asked JS or Chad to swap spots with you and sit behind that desk starring at that spread sheet on the computer screen, they will say, "no thanks....I will keep racing."

For some of the guys who may be lucky to have a ride again this year...maybe they should work a "normal 9-5" for about a month and see how hard they start training after that!! I know I wish I had gotten that opportunity to look into the future.

Outsider wrote:

Matt,

When I posted "BFD" it was directed more at the message board "defenders" than at any of the pro riders.

Dude, we get it, that it's a hard gig, totally.... that's not the point, the point is, that that is the road you guys have chosen, so it is what it is, if it's too tough, change jobs... I'm sure that's what you'd tell me to do if I started complaining how hard it is to do what I do.

I don't know what it's like to be a professional motocrosser anymore than you know what its like to be me... it just may be harder than you can even imagine.

Peace



shue201 wrote:

Outsider, I am not trying to start shit or call anyone out or discredit what they have to say at all. I am lucky enough, or unlucky enough, to have been on every side of the fence there is. So I know how hard it is from all angles and it has made me appreciate my days of racing for a living so much more. Like I said, I wish I had gotten a glimpse into the future and I may not be in my current boat....not that it is a bad one.

Someone above said something about JS complaining about his life...he was not complaining....he was only making a statement that he has sacrificed a lot to be where he is. I am not a JS fan, so there is NO pedestal here. Just respect.

Question....what we all of you be doing tonight at 10PM EST, 7PM PST??? I am guessing watching these guys live on Speed, right??



One point i didn't see anyone bring up yet , is the early years they sacrificed! When 99% of us were out playing with our friends , and doing what kids do best....play! These guys when they were kids were out pounding out motos. In the high school days , they probably skipped a lot ( or all) of extra school activities and sports.......or they didn't even have a chance to go to school , and became home schooled.

What i'm trying to say is.....a lot of these top racers started sacrificing everything we take advantage of everyday at a very young age. Weather you believe it or not , they started working at around age 5!

I have a few friends that have sacrificed a lot to live this dream of racing bikes.....and on top of all their sacrifices , they deal with injuries , hospital bills and so forth , which hardly any of us could even comprehend.


Using James for an example : He has been doing his "job" for 20 years. It uhas to take a toll on you.

It's always easier looking from the outside / in......understand?
|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/9/2010 10:44 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

One point i didn't see anyone bring up yet , is the early years they sacrificed! When 99% of us were out playing with our friends , and doing what kids do best....play! These guys when they were kids were out pounding out motos. In the high school days , they probably skipped a lot ( or all) of extra school activities and sports.......or they didn't even have a chance to go to school , and became home schooled.

What i'm trying to say is.....a lot of these top racers started sacrificing everything we take advantage of everyday at a very young age. Weather you believe it or not , they started working at around age 5!

I have a few friends that have sacrificed a lot to live this dream of racing bikes.....and on top of all their sacrifices , they deal with injuries , hospital bills and so forth , which hardly any of us could even comprehend.


Using James for an example : He has been doing his "job" for 20 years. It uhas to take a toll on you.

It's always easier looking from the outside / in......understand?

I'd say that's more of a sacrifice of his family. But once again, that's a choice they made. They didn't have to put James on a motorcycle. Kids are told "No" all the time. James would not be the best today if he didn't love doing it. He would not have taken the interest in learning how to go faster. Every choice comes with a consequence. I don't think the sacrifice is any greater than what any single other person in this world has to do to be successful in any field.

|

1/9/2010 10:46 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

One point i didn't see anyone bring up yet , is the early years they sacrificed! When 99% of us were out playing with our friends , and doing what kids do best....play! These guys when they were kids were out pounding out motos. In the high school days , they probably skipped a lot ( or all) of extra school activities and sports.......or they didn't even have a chance to go to school , and became home schooled.

What i'm trying to say is.....a lot of these top racers started sacrificing everything we take advantage of everyday at a very young age. Weather you believe it or not , they started working at around age 5!

I have a few friends that have sacrificed a lot to live this dream of racing bikes.....and on top of all their sacrifices , they deal with injuries , hospital bills and so forth , which hardly any of us could even comprehend.


Using James for an example : He has been doing his "job" for 20 years. It uhas to take a toll on you.

It's always easier looking from the outside / in......understand?

Yes, I do understand....

All I was saying is, if you're gonna make that choice, you gotta live with it, good and bad.

I've sacrificed a buttload of money, time, injuries, etc. just ti ride and race for fun... we all have... it was OUR CHOICE, so we live with it, for better or worse.

James was blessed with the talent to take all that sacrifice to the top and make a great living at it.... nothing but respect here for that!

|

1/9/2010 10:46 AM

Hank_Thrill wrote:

So true. I've always thought if the average American worked 5% as hard as RC half of this country would be off welfare.


As someone who rooted for Chad last year; I think this title is James' to lose.

Enough said.....this is going nowhere anyways. You work hard, they work hard, I work hard and we all make sacrifices. Does it really matter??

Enjoy the races tonight everyone!! The person who wins tonight will likely be the guy who has sacrificed the most.

|

MATT SHUE

1/9/2010 10:47 AM

rc4187 wrote:

I'd say that's more of a sacrifice of his family. But once again, that's a choice they made. They didn't have to put James on a motorcycle. Kids are told "No" all the time. James would not be the best today if he didn't love doing it. He would not have taken the interest in learning how to go faster. Every choice comes with a consequence. I don't think the sacrifice is any greater than what any single other person in this world has to do to be successful in any field.

What he said too... hehe^^^^^

|

1/9/2010 10:47 AM

shue201 wrote:

Enough said.....this is going nowhere anyways. You work hard, they work hard, I work hard and we all make sacrifices. Does it really matter??

Enjoy the races tonight everyone!! The person who wins tonight will likely be the guy who has sacrificed the most.

I agree with this 100%

|

1/9/2010 10:54 AM

shue201 wrote:

I'm not going to quote any "one" post here, because there is more than one that is off base. It is crazy how everyone that comes on here must love this sport and either races or rides themselves, but they make statements that down play the top guys of our sport. These guys work harder at their jobs than, probably 90% of the readers/posters on this forum do at their jobs and sacrifice the "Normal Life" in order to do so. Some of you may say...what's the big deal, or B.F.D.?? Yes, they get rewarded pretty well for their efforts, and rightfully so....but that doesn't mean that they don't have to sacrifice things throughout their lives and day to day activities that most of us don't see as privileges.

On Friday night when most of us may be sitting down on the couch with a beer and some chips and salsa and watch TV for a few hours, these guys are probably still training or at least preparing themselves for another day of training or racing. They can't go out and get wasted and stay up until the wee hours of the morning and still get up and go to work...well most of them at least.

If you haven't been there, then you don't know. When you are racing for a living...yes it is a GREAT job, but everything you do is all about your results and making your sponsors happy!! The grind of training and racing takes its tole on your mind, body and spirit over time and I am sure all of them think to themselves at times, "Man I wish I could just be a normal person, and get to go out tonight instead of getting ready for this race." or in the Privateer's mind, getting loaded up and driving for 10hrs on a Friday when all your friends are ending their weeks and taking the weekend off.

These guys do have GREAT jobs and lives for the most part and I am sure a lot of you think that you would love to be in their shoes and if you were you wouldn't complain about anything...right?? After a week of doing all that is necessary to compete at this level, most will probably want to put their old shoes back on and just be a fan/spectator again. I am not saying a Pro Racer isn't lucky or that someone working a desk job doesn't have to work hard or sacrifice things too, but it is all perspective. I am sure if you asked JS or Chad to swap spots with you and sit behind that desk starring at that spread sheet on the computer screen, they will say, "no thanks....I will keep racing."

For some of the guys who may be lucky to have a ride again this year...maybe they should work a "normal 9-5" for about a month and see how hard they start training after that!! I know I wish I had gotten that opportunity to look into the future.

Just to be clear my post was about James Stewart only and I've followed this sport long enough to know what these guys do. You would never hear RC say anything close to
"Sacrificing my life" he used words like grateful, blessed and lucky to have the opportunity. Also I think there are very few riders that get paid what they should, I really respect the Privateers and the riders busting their butt and their bank accounts to race. That was a great post though, don't take this wrong.

|