JS7 becoming a major player in the media wars already!

rcm406
9/16/2022 12:20pm
Could JS7 become what we’ve always been wanting in a SX/MX journalist? With the Kroc interview/scoop, big name guests, commentating races, and most of all, isn’t accountable to anyone aka the octopus 😂! He’s really coming into his own with this podcast. I think riders/racers will be willing to open up more to him because he can relate, he has been through every situation. I look forward to whats to come!
|
mxrose3
9/16/2022 12:36pm
Considering that he lives right near where a lot of the factory riders live/train probably helps.
BAD10
9/16/2022 12:45pm
rcm406 wrote:
Could JS7 become what we’ve always been wanting in a SX/MX journalist? With the Kroc interview/scoop, big name guests, commentating races, and most of all, isn’t...
Could JS7 become what we’ve always been wanting in a SX/MX journalist? With the Kroc interview/scoop, big name guests, commentating races, and most of all, isn’t accountable to anyone aka the octopus 😂! He’s really coming into his own with this podcast. I think riders/racers will be willing to open up more to him because he can relate, he has been through every situation. I look forward to whats to come!
Who would have thought 5 years ago that he would be this visible and involved??!! He's entered the second phase of his MX career and its an awesome thing for us fans.
dsmith
9/16/2022 12:49pm
He prob can get a little deeper in the pits than most for info...

The Shop

davistld01
9/16/2022 1:40pm
dsmith wrote:
He prob can get a little deeper in the pits than most for info...
And, Stewart probably knows where "all the bodies are buried". Plus, judging from the convo he had with Roczen he's not shy about getting to the point.
fins227
9/16/2022 2:16pm
We need a guy with eff you money
SX_336
9/16/2022 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2022 8:23am
James will get better interviews than anyone else as he has the respect of all the riders. He’s been there and he’s done that. He’s been THE guy dealing with THE pressure. Mathes and others can’t relate.

I’d be happy if we just had James, ML_512 and Ping doing all the media. They are the best.
nytsmaC
9/16/2022 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2022 3:35pm
fins227 wrote:
Exactly, no fucks given for corporate sponsorship and conflicts of interest. It’s a breath of fresh air.

ML does as good of a job as possible considering he has people to answer to, much respect for what he has done too.
RonSkj
9/16/2022 3:46pm
rcm406 wrote:
Could JS7 become what we’ve always been wanting in a SX/MX journalist? With the Kroc interview/scoop, big name guests, commentating races, and most of all, isn’t...
BAD10 wrote:
Who would have thought 5 years ago that he would be this visible and involved??!! He's entered the second phase of his MX career and its...
Who would have thought 5 years ago that he would be this visible and involved??!! He's entered the second phase of his MX career and its an awesome thing for us fans.
It's always been about the fans, except for the 6+ years that he went dark. It was none of the fans business what he was doing.
9/16/2022 4:20pm
I would love a cooksey type media person that was a credible source..
Credit to cooksey for the couple huge issues recently he was the first to spill the beans on..
But all the other false drama tmz shit ruins his brand..
JMO!
Island Boi
9/16/2022 6:34pm
Maybe I’m old school, but I prefer commentators who can pronounce words and have a general grasp of primary school grammar
scott_nz
9/16/2022 6:50pm
The amount of content available to us now is unreal ,
sandtrack315
9/16/2022 6:58pm
God bless America and God bless James Stewart.

I hope he keeps at it. We are lucky to have him doing it, made an already great summer even better.
ML512
9/16/2022 7:38pm
fins227 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
Exactly, no fucks given for corporate sponsorship and conflicts of interest. It’s a breath of fresh air. ML does as good of a job as possible...
Exactly, no fucks given for corporate sponsorship and conflicts of interest. It’s a breath of fresh air.

ML does as good of a job as possible considering he has people to answer to, much respect for what he has done too.
And I’m in trouble eight ways to Sunday right now. Grinning

In this sport, it’s like we have to play with kiddie gloves on. It’s super frustrating. Very jealous of F1 or MotoGP journalists. I want to emulate them more and more…trying, but it’s a slow process.

rcm406
9/16/2022 7:54pm
fins227 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
Exactly, no fucks given for corporate sponsorship and conflicts of interest. It’s a breath of fresh air. ML does as good of a job as possible...

ML512 wrote:
And I’m in trouble eight ways to Sunday right now. :lol: In this sport, it’s like we have to play with kiddie gloves on. It’s super...

In this sport, it’s like we have to play with kiddie gloves on. It’s super frustrating. Very jealous of F1 or MotoGP journalists. I want to emulate them more and more…trying, but it’s a slow process.

Nah, you’re doing great, really enjoying the YouTube clips you’ve been putting out.
lostboy819
9/16/2022 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2022 8:09pm
James did a good job but this was Kroc he was interviewing and all you have to do to get him to talk is ask him a question and Kenny will just keep talking. Laughing Ken has never been short on words.
9/16/2022 8:10pm
fins227 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:

ML512 wrote:
And I’m in trouble eight ways to Sunday right now. :lol: In this sport, it’s like we have to play with kiddie gloves on. It’s super...

In trouble for what? The new video? It seemed fair to me.
ML512
9/16/2022 8:17pm
nytsmaC wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Naw not that video. A bunch of content from throughout the year. Couple different people and companies I’ve upset. I’ll learn more soon ha…
Gungadin
9/17/2022 12:29am
James has good, insightful slightly Ebonics delivery but could do with an optometrist's prescription- he didn't quite get the foot off the peg Sexton second moto crash.
Joey_Bridges
9/17/2022 2:55am
Island Boi wrote:
Maybe I’m old school, but I prefer commentators who can pronounce words and have a general grasp of primary school grammar
The latest incarnation of the, weekend wonder troll.
bh
9/17/2022 4:31am
It seems like James just slid right into that “Podcast For riders by riders” gap left by Zacho. I love stuff like this, I wonder if Steve or anyone but James could have had a pod like that. Regardless of his proximity to the Florida based guys.
9/17/2022 4:34am
ML512 wrote:

I think you’ve done and are doing a fantastic job here ML. Why is this sport like that, where everything is hush hush and can’t ruffle one feather? This sport compared to others is like a dollar tree on rodeo drive, but we have to be the strictest, most robotic bunch. Doesn’t make sense.
ShipLap
9/17/2022 6:06am
I think you’ve done and are doing a fantastic job here ML. Why is this sport like that, where everything is hush hush and can’t ruffle...
I think you’ve done and are doing a fantastic job here ML. Why is this sport like that, where everything is hush hush and can’t ruffle one feather? This sport compared to others is like a dollar tree on rodeo drive, but we have to be the strictest, most robotic bunch. Doesn’t make sense.
ML is doing a fine job. Ultimately, it's the fans that call for more honesty and openness, and they should be rewarded. Thumbs up.
lestat
9/17/2022 7:08am
fins227 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Keep at it ! You are doing good work . The fans want honest content . The industry prima donnas and Octopus’s nut huggers can go pound sand .
Adam_Jones
9/17/2022 2:57pm
Island Boi wrote:
Oh bullshit, your user name says it all. C'mon guy
SLAPAHO
9/17/2022 4:24pm
Cooksey just took his shirt off
9/17/2022 7:19pm
The best thing about JS7 as a media guy is how subdued the shows are. WT, pulp, gypsy, etc. all try to put together high er energy shows. James is so listenable because the show is just way calmer. Him and Don Maeda both do great interviews where they don’t seem to be stoked out of their boots just to be talking to someone.
TogaSet
9/17/2022 8:41pm
I could see how Bubba isn’t for everyone but I personally really enjoy his insight. His brand of playfulness doesn’t bug me either. Cracks me up.

Post a reply to: JS7 becoming a major player in the media wars already!

The Latest

The Latest