JS7 RedBull deal during the Monster Kawasaki year!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2018 4:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2018 4:43 PM

During the last year 2008' that JS7 rode for Kawasaki and had the perfect season he had to give up his RedBull deal becauae Kawasaki became Monster Kawasaki and during the 2007 supercross season with all the podium appearances he hardly ever had a Monster drink in his hand when ever he was on the podium there was hardly ever any Monster energy Kawasaki acknowledgement from him he would only thank Kawasaki! I know no one knows what any of JS7 contracts looked like but I'm sure there was some bitterness within the Stewart camp on having to give up the RedBull deal I'm sure that was a nice piece of $$$$!

|

Mugen666

12/3/2018 4:42 PM

I'm having this debate with some friends over a few Drinks if Gentleman Jack! State opions carefully! Lol

|

Mugen666

12/3/2018 4:49 PM

Did he actually have to give up his Red Bull deal in 2008?

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

12/3/2018 4:51 PM

Something tells me they never let go of Redbull and Redbull never let go of them. I'm sure Redbull understood that James couldn't run their logo because of the conflict of interest and maybe didn't pay him for that year. I do know that Redbull was part of the reason James wasn't on a Kawi for 2009. They didn't want to let go of Redbull and Kawi had some kinda fast red headed kid moving up. What was that red headed kid's name again??

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/3/2018 5:34 PM

Oh good, another JS7 thread.. it’s been a while ??

|

12/3/2018 5:42 PM

I thought he kept Red Bull. Didnt he run a Redbull helmet that year and drink out of a redbull bottle on the podium? I thought that was the controversial part and contributed to him leaving at the end of that year.

|

12/3/2018 6:19 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Something tells me they never let go of Redbull and Redbull never let go of them. I'm sure Redbull understood that James couldn't run their logo because of the conflict of interest and maybe didn't pay him for that year. I do know that Redbull was part of the reason James wasn't on a Kawi for 2009. They didn't want to let go of Redbull and Kawi had some kinda fast red headed kid moving up. What was that red headed kid's name again??

You’re exactly right !

RedBull NEVER dropped James, he got paid !

|

12/3/2018 6:34 PM

I believe this is the most appropriate use of "much ty" ever.

|

12/3/2018 6:38 PM

Drinking his mystery juice out of a translucent water bottle on the podium with a towel strategically placed over the Monster logos on his jersey. It was a huge middle finger to Monster. It was funny watching him put the towel over the logo because he made it sooooooo obvious. Funny stuff.

In other news, when Pastrana was racing nascars around the same time(?)they had him on the broadcast using him for filler material to pump up ratings and the cockgobblers blurred out the Red Bull logo on his hat.

|

12/3/2018 6:47 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

langhammx wrote:

You’re exactly right !

They definitely didn't stop paying him. I seem to remember a video from Transworld or Racer X that showed the Rolls Royce they leased for him.

I completely forgot about the towel over the Monster logo, though. That was pretty funny.

|

12/3/2018 7:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2018 7:01 PM

newmann wrote:

Drinking his mystery juice out of a translucent water bottle on the podium with a towel strategically placed over the Monster logos on his jersey. It was a huge middle finger to Monster. It was funny watching him put the towel over the logo because he made it sooooooo obvious. Funny stuff.

In other news, when Pastrana was racing nascars around the same time(?)they had him on the broadcast using him for filler material to pump up ratings and the cockgobblers blurred out the Red Bull logo on his hat.

The “mysterious juice” was Monavie.
It was a multi-level type company, but the stuff really did make you feel good. Açaí Berry

I was in the same pyramid as him. The guy who got me in, also got Janes involved.

|

12/3/2018 7:06 PM

newmann wrote:

langhammx wrote:

It was a multi-level type company, but the stuff really did make you feel good. Açaí Berry

I was in the same pyramid as him. The guy who got me in, also got Janes involved.

Mona Vie....ahhhhh, ground up shrimp shells. It does the body good!!

|

12/3/2018 8:05 PM

langhammx wrote:

I know a couple moto families who made a killing during the mona vie craze.

|

12/3/2018 8:05 PM

Pics or it didn’t happen!

|

12/3/2018 8:11 PM

Are you drinking with keinz,. The ole alcohol excuse

|

12/3/2018 8:21 PM

newmann wrote:

langhammx wrote:

LungButter wrote:

Me too !

Here’s a long read on the Monavie company and product-

https://www.lazymanandmoney.com/monavie-scam/

|

12/3/2018 9:25 PM

And all this time I thought he was just sponsored by "Checkers or Wreckers"

|

You kids get off my lawn!

2013 KTM450 Factory Edition
Projects......lots of projects!

12/3/2018 9:54 PM

newmann wrote:

I remember the towel to and he did that on several occasions and I remember the plastic water bottle on several podium occasions! That was very obvious because these guys get on the podium and thank everyone and product placement seems to be extremely important! Well I won the argument now I'm slightly intoxicated Gentleman jacks night is done! Lol

|

Mugen666

12/3/2018 9:58 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

langhammx wrote:

You’re exactly right !

The next year 2009' he showed up on the Yamaha sporting RedBull Logos and won the SX championship! His RedBull deal was probably a nice 6 figure deal ..

|

Mugen666

12/4/2018 12:37 AM

|

12/4/2018 4:51 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

langhammx wrote:

You’re exactly right !

MX-LIFE. wrote:

The next year 2009' he showed up on the Yamaha sporting RedBull Logos and won the SX championship! His RedBull deal was probably a nice 6 figure deal ..

You mean 7 figure ?

|

12/4/2018 5:28 AM

ruy wrote:

This is 2007
Monster was 2008

|

12/4/2018 7:46 AM

ruy wrote:

jg393 wrote:

This is 2007
Monster was 2008

This is 2006
Monster was 2007

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

12/4/2018 8:35 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

This is 2006
Monster was 2007

Yes, I know

|

12/4/2018 10:16 AM

langhammx wrote:

LungButter wrote:

langhammx wrote:

Me too !

Here’s a long read on the Monavie company and product-

https://www.lazymanandmoney.com/monavie-scam/

Langhammx- Emig too right??

|

12/4/2018 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2018 11:11 AM

shunter986 wrote:

Pics or it didn’t happen!

I didn't think it was as obvious at the time that these guys make it to be, but then again I wasn't really into it as much as I am now.

?t=2026
|

12/4/2018 11:43 AM

Anyone know the story of Labron James and Nike ?

|

12/4/2018 12:26 PM

newmann wrote:

langhammx wrote:

Emig was involved as well I believe

|

12/4/2018 6:16 PM

ruy wrote:

jg393 wrote:

This is 2007
Monster was 2008

Johnny Ringo wrote:

This is 2006
Monster was 2007

I stand corrected, I drop my head In shame, this is 06, monster was 07 and 08, my bad

|

12/5/2018 5:46 AM

MX-LIFE. wrote:

During the last year 2008' that JS7 rode for Kawasaki and had the perfect season he had to give up his RedBull deal becauae Kawasaki became Monster Kawasaki and during the 2007 supercross season with all the podium appearances he hardly ever had a Monster drink in his hand when ever he was on the podium there was hardly ever any Monster energy Kawasaki acknowledgement from him he would only thank Kawasaki! I know no one knows what any of JS7 contracts looked like but I'm sure there was some bitterness within the Stewart camp on having to give up the RedBull deal I'm sure that was a nice piece of $$$$!

Punctuation bro!

|