JS7 Minus Yamama Factory could = AMA Nationals

Racer111
3/12/2010 5:40am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2010 5:41am
Racer111 wrote:
Here is something no one has mentioned or thought about. James and Josh are both on Yamaha FACTORY bikes. Seeing that Yamaha does NOT have a...
Here is something no one has mentioned or thought about. James and Josh are both on Yamaha FACTORY bikes. Seeing that Yamaha does NOT have a "Factory Team" this year, could be, just MAYBE....Yamaha HQ is willing to thrown down some budget money to ensure they at least have Factory bikes showing at the Nationals this year which would give L&M Racing the money needed to contest the Outdoors. This is why I think JS7's return is a lot more probable than it was last year.

Just my 2 cents, but this is my "theory" on it.......

FLAME ON!
The difference is that is a Factory bike is 100% Factory. They have parts on them that you can not buy. 15,000-25,000 suspensiion, titanium nuts and bolts, subframes, swing arms, brake rotars, hubs etc.....whereas a Factory Support bike is a production bike just like the ones you and I buy at the local dealer and the factory sends them SOME parts such as the titanium nuts and bolts and a few things, but they don't give them the factory bikes with the suspension and all the bells and wistles. Look at a good picture of a Honda Factory bike and then look at a pic of Kevin Windhams bike and you will notice some of the differences. Kevin races a production Honda with SOME factory parts, but not full on Factory.
mx317
3/12/2010 8:07am
The "factory" bikes are production based also.
Racer111
3/12/2010 8:11am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2010 8:19am
mx317 wrote:
The "factory" bikes are production based also.
No sir! They most certainly are not.
SteveS
3/12/2010 8:33am
Really? You're saying the AMA rules have changed and they are running a prototype based series now?

The Shop

Racer111
3/12/2010 9:05am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2010 9:07am
SteveS wrote:
Really? You're saying the AMA rules have changed and they are running a prototype based series now?
Nope, they aren't "Works" bikes which is what you are referring to. They are factory bikes. There isn't anything on a Factory bike that you will find on a "production" bike. Anything that really counts that is. Tires, wheels, hubs, cylinders, subframes, swingarms, forks, shocks, triple clamps, heads, stems, and the list goes on and on....Even the weld points are a lot cleaner on a Factory bike.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
3/12/2010 9:17am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:21pm
SteveS wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
Nope, they aren't "Works" bikes which is what you are referring to. They are factory bikes. There isn't anything on a Factory bike that you will...
Nope, they aren't "Works" bikes which is what you are referring to. They are factory bikes. There isn't anything on a Factory bike that you will find on a "production" bike. Anything that really counts that is. Tires, wheels, hubs, cylinders, subframes, swingarms, forks, shocks, triple clamps, heads, stems, and the list goes on and on....Even the weld points are a lot cleaner on a Factory bike.
You need to read the AMA rules before you make such a broad statement.

JGR has whatever factory parts they need, because just like L&M they can buy them. All the factory suspension parts can be bought from KYB.
ShookOne
3/12/2010 10:15am
I have been in this sport since 1987. I never raced, but i have (NEVER) ridden since 1988.
ShookOne
3/12/2010 11:11am
HAY GUYZ DID I MENTION JAMES STEWART?!!1
DanDunes818
3/12/2010 12:27pm
Just my opinion but I think JS 7 will be racing outdoors this year, He may be a money hungry glory hound on the surface but he's a racer at heart and he hasn;t been doing enough racing lately. He will race and it will be an unbelievable outdoor season with RV MA JS and RD.. Funny thing is with that line up I barely put CR1/22 in the top 5.
Chris_ONeal
3/12/2010 12:39pm
MotoConcepts is considered Factory Yamaha. I was going to do a Privateer profile with Ryan Sipes but was told by the "Czar of magazines", that he is factory and to skip it.
Racer111
3/12/2010 12:44pm
MotoConcepts is considered Factory Yamaha. I was going to do a Privateer profile with Ryan Sipes but was told by the "Czar of magazines", that he...
MotoConcepts is considered Factory Yamaha. I was going to do a Privateer profile with Ryan Sipes but was told by the "Czar of magazines", that he is factory and to skip it.
That is interesting. Is it because of Ivan Tedesco? I have heard them make several comments about how is running welll AGAINST Factory equipment both on tv and in the magazines. The programs do not have them listed as Factory equipped either.
500guy
3/12/2010 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:21pm
MotoConcepts is considered Factory Yamaha. I was going to do a Privateer profile with Ryan Sipes but was told by the "Czar of magazines", that he...
Racer111 wrote:
That is interesting. Is it because of Ivan Tedesco? I have heard them make several comments about how is running welll AGAINST Factory equipment both on...
That is interesting. Is it because of Ivan Tedesco? I have heard them make several comments about how is running welll AGAINST Factory equipment both on tv and in the magazines. The programs do not have them listed as Factory equipped either.
What does Motoconcepts Yamaha & Sipes have to do with Ivan Tedesco and Vali Motorsports Yamaha ?

Please stop while you still don't know anything
Racer111
3/12/2010 1:36pm
500guy wrote:
What does Motoconcepts Yamaha & Sipes have to do with Ivan Tedesco and Vali Motorsports Yamaha ?

My mistake! I was referring to Dan Reardon.
jackson222
3/12/2010 2:22pm
From Racerhead:

DMXS Radio's David Izer said, "James Stewart was on this week for an epic hour long interview that touched on everything from his run in with Reed at Phoenix to the breaking news about his plans to be on the gate for the opening round of the Lucas Oil AMA Motocross Championship."

"A little birdie told me somebody is going to be there with a single digit on a Yamaha that has a 7 on it," said James. "That's what I heard."

James qualified his wishes to race the outdoors when asked to put a number on the likelihood of him being there in a confident third person quote.

"If James Stewart is healthy and his wrist is 100 percent and everything, 1 out of 10, I'd say that there's a 12 that he'll be showing up on the gate at Sacramento."

He knows that missing last year and the youthful surge in talent will be a challenge, as he added, “I know I’ll have my hands full for it, buddy. I’ll tell you that. I feel like I definitely will be working for it this year, but I think it can be done.”

You can listen to the archived show right here.

Looks like we'll see him out there!
bvm111
3/12/2010 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:21pm
I would guess that JS will stay with L&M or Yamaha for the future, LB and him seem to be pretty tight and with the way "big James" was talking about the new 450 being the first bike to not hold JS back i would be surprised if he went to a different brand. The other thing that I just thought about since there are a lot of Malcolm related threads popping up and he is stepping up next year, what if they expanded the team to include the 250 with Malcolm... just a thought?
Masonry
3/12/2010 3:11pm
Hypothetical Situation that I just made up: If James does race and Josh Hill, who probably isn't under contract to race decides not to, I could think of a rider who has worked with Larry Brooks before and doesn't seem to be happy with his current situation who could join the team.
Racer111
3/12/2010 3:58pm
Masonry wrote:
Hypothetical Situation that I just made up: If James does race and Josh Hill, who probably isn't under contract to race decides not to, I could...
Hypothetical Situation that I just made up: If James does race and Josh Hill, who probably isn't under contract to race decides not to, I could think of a rider who has worked with Larry Brooks before and doesn't seem to be happy with his current situation who could join the team.
Who? I don't see JS7 and Alessi who is already under contract working out very well. Won't happen. If anything, I can see Malcom under big bros tent after LL's this year. In fact, I could even see Stewart Racing coming up at the end of this years contract!
Casemark
3/12/2010 10:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:22pm
I'm just going to jump in hear and say you guys don't know much of what the truth is or what's truly going on the world of SX & MX professional racing. I know you guys like to think you do know, but after reading through all your posts up till this point, only maybe 20% of what's written in this thread is correct.

You guys like to BS and bench race, but when I read people writing statements as if they were fact, it take any little bit of creditability you may have and throws it right out the window.

Try to write "that you heard from a friend" or "someone told me", because your looking pretty stupid when you write things as facts and they are far from the truth.
Crush
3/13/2010 12:51am
He didn't seem to clear on whether it was a one or few or full season dealio...

I'd be surprised to see him do the whole season but would be cool to have him there even if it is just a couple...

Racer111
3/13/2010 4:29am
Casemark wrote:
I'm just going to jump in hear and say you guys don't know much of what the truth is or what's truly going on the world...
I'm just going to jump in hear and say you guys don't know much of what the truth is or what's truly going on the world of SX & MX professional racing. I know you guys like to think you do know, but after reading through all your posts up till this point, only maybe 20% of what's written in this thread is correct.

You guys like to BS and bench race, but when I read people writing statements as if they were fact, it take any little bit of creditability you may have and throws it right out the window.

Try to write "that you heard from a friend" or "someone told me", because your looking pretty stupid when you write things as facts and they are far from the truth.
Ah, thanks for shedding light. I didn't state anything as fact just to clear the air. And thanks for calling everyone out, but not being specific on anything you are talking about. Love the WHOLE paragraph that you could have just said "You're wrong" seeing that you didn't really specify as to what you are talking about. So, there goes your credibility. Especially when some of the posters actually work in the Industry. Wink
jndmx
3/13/2010 5:15am
Racer111 wrote:
Ah, thanks for shedding light. I didn't state anything as fact just to clear the air. And thanks for calling everyone out, but not being specific...
Ah, thanks for shedding light. I didn't state anything as fact just to clear the air. And thanks for calling everyone out, but not being specific on anything you are talking about. Love the WHOLE paragraph that you could have just said "You're wrong" seeing that you didn't really specify as to what you are talking about. So, there goes your credibility. Especially when some of the posters actually work in the Industry. Wink
Aaaaahhhhhh......you're industry.
That explains it.

So what do you do in the industry?
How long have you been involved in the industry?

jeffro503
3/13/2010 7:56am
Casemark wrote:
I'm just going to jump in hear and say you guys don't know much of what the truth is or what's truly going on the world...

Racer111 wrote:
Ah, thanks for shedding light. I didn't state anything as fact just to clear the air. And thanks for calling everyone out, but not being specific...
Case is 100% correct on this. And as far as the factory bikes go , "most" parts that are on those bikes "are" available to the public and privateer teams.....you just need the money to buy them , and know where to look.

Frames for instance : It's an incorrect statement above about the factory bikes having a completely different frame. The factory guys can hand pick one out for their race teams , and look for little blemishes and so forth.....but they are NOT hand made. That goes without saying....so is a lot of the other parts as well.

Production rules can be bent , they can't be broken.

Correct me if i'm wrong here , but I think factory suspension is also available to the public. But it is set to such a high price , nobody in their right mind would buy it. If you are fast enough to be able to use the factory suspension , you would be getting it for free in the first place. The rumor i heard ( yes....a rumor) was that the front forks were around $40,000 - $50,000 and the rear shock was some where around $35,000. I think they are put out there for the public if they are crazy enough to buy it.
Ozy
3/13/2010 8:18am
jackson222 wrote:
From Racerhead: [b]DMXS Radio's David Izer said, "James Stewart was on this week for an epic hour long interview that touched on everything from his run...
From Racerhead:

DMXS Radio's David Izer said, "James Stewart was on this week for an epic hour long interview that touched on everything from his run in with Reed at Phoenix to the breaking news about his plans to be on the gate for the opening round of the Lucas Oil AMA Motocross Championship."

"A little birdie told me somebody is going to be there with a single digit on a Yamaha that has a 7 on it," said James. "That's what I heard."

James qualified his wishes to race the outdoors when asked to put a number on the likelihood of him being there in a confident third person quote.

"If James Stewart is healthy and his wrist is 100 percent and everything, 1 out of 10, I'd say that there's a 12 that he'll be showing up on the gate at Sacramento."

He knows that missing last year and the youthful surge in talent will be a challenge, as he added, “I know I’ll have my hands full for it, buddy. I’ll tell you that. I feel like I definitely will be working for it this year, but I think it can be done.”

I listened to the entire interview and Bubba was pretty funny toward the end.

IF you want to see JS7 run the outdoors and possibly Team USA in MXoN then you need to start calling him "Hero," or promise to call him "Hero" afterward if he runs it.

:D
jeffro503
3/13/2010 8:22am
jackson222 wrote:
From Racerhead: [b]DMXS Radio's David Izer said, "James Stewart was on this week for an epic hour long interview that touched on everything from his run...
From Racerhead:

Ozy wrote:
I listened to the entire interview and Bubba was pretty funny toward the end. IF you want to see JS7 run the outdoors and possibly Team...

IF you want to see JS7 run the outdoors and possibly Team USA in MXoN then you need to start calling him "Hero," or promise to call him "Hero" afterward if he runs it.

HAHA!!....he actually said that? Jesus , his helmet must be the largest size possible to fit that big fat head into it! I guess we better start calling Dungey a hero now , since he was "the man" last year at the MXDN.

It would be cool to see JS run the outdoors again Why he gave up on riding them in the first place is beyond me , but it'll be good to have him back for sure.
Ozy
3/13/2010 8:47am
jackson222 wrote:
From Racerhead:

Ozy wrote:
I listened to the entire interview and Bubba was pretty funny toward the end. IF you want to see JS7 run the outdoors and possibly Team...

jeffro503 wrote:
HAHA!!....he actually said that? Jesus , his helmet must be the largest size possible to fit that big fat head into it! I guess we better...
HAHA!!....he actually said that? Jesus , his helmet must be the largest size possible to fit that big fat head into it! I guess we better start calling Dungey a hero now , since he was "the man" last year at the MXDN.

It would be cool to see JS run the outdoors again Why he gave up on riding them in the first place is beyond me , but it'll be good to have him back for sure.
James was totally busting up laughing when he said that he would run the series if everybody called him "Hero."

He also talked about how difficult interview quotes are in writing verses actually seeing him via video interview.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
3/13/2010 8:50am
HAHA!!....he actually said that? Jesus , his helmet must be the largest size possible to fit that big fat head into it!

Did you listen to DMXS Jeffro?

If you did you would know he was obviously joking.

It is odd how people try to spin so much stuff against him.
IRISH ED
3/13/2010 9:03am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:22pm
Racer111 wrote:
That is interesting. Is it because of Ivan Tedesco? I have heard them make several comments about how is running welll AGAINST Factory equipment both on...
500guy wrote:

At MotoConcepts, we are not a factory team. We receive factory support, that we pay for. What that means is advice, suggestions, bike set up, and discounts on bikes and GYTR parts. They sponsor us by providing a % discount off the cost of the bikes and parts. We ride the factory track, that we pay to ride, for the year. They are there from time to time to make sure everything is running smooth and provide any expertise they can. They want to see teams running their bikes succeed.

With six riders this year, the % discount received can total a lot of cost saved and be an excellent sponsorship package. Each team has their own negotiated discount. That could range from 100% to 5% off. The better your riders are expected to do going into the season, helps determine the discount and level of support. If you have JS7 who won the SX title the year before, you have a good chip to bargin with.

C4MX does our engines, Frenchie.

Enzo does our suspension.

FMF handles our exhaust.

Yamaha provides the bikes and GYTR parts and a discounted price. Yamaha is very organized and running a business. The better the team looks, does etc. the better chance they will want to put more support into that team to continue the success and promote their product. They need sales. Good teams can bring positive attention and makes for a good ROI for Yamaha.

There is no kicking down some parts or some special stuff from time to time.. It is all set and organized.

If you are getting a "Factory bike" they would handle building the bike and you lease it. You don't get to keep any of the parts, suspension, engine. The better the team the less the lease would cost. That is why you hear factory bikes costing $80,000 or more. If they build three engines and they are the only three in the world, how much are they worth? They set the value.
TerryK
3/13/2010 9:15am
Racer111 wrote:
lmao, what are you, like 12 years old??
Cygnus
3/13/2010 9:18am
Racer111 wrote:
Here is something no one has mentioned or thought about. James and Josh are both on Yamaha FACTORY bikes. Seeing that Yamaha does NOT have a...
Here is something no one has mentioned or thought about. James and Josh are both on Yamaha FACTORY bikes. Seeing that Yamaha does NOT have a "Factory Team" this year, could be, just MAYBE....Yamaha HQ is willing to thrown down some budget money to ensure they at least have Factory bikes showing at the Nationals this year which would give L&M Racing the money needed to contest the Outdoors. This is why I think JS7's return is a lot more probable than it was last year.

Just my 2 cents, but this is my "theory" on it.......

FLAME ON!
Reap what we sow.
RocketLab
3/13/2010 10:34am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
[b]HAHA!!....he actually said that? Jesus , his helmet must be the largest size possible to fit that big fat head into it![/b] Did you listen to...
HAHA!!....he actually said that? Jesus , his helmet must be the largest size possible to fit that big fat head into it!

Did you listen to DMXS Jeffro?

If you did you would know he was obviously joking.

It is odd how people try to spin so much stuff against him.
This is the perfect example James was making about reading an interview vs seeing the interview.

Post a reply to: JS7 Minus Yamama Factory could = AMA Nationals

The Latest