JS7 Minus Yamama Factory could = AMA Nationals

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2010 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2010 11:18 AM

Here is something no one has mentioned or thought about. James and Josh are both on Yamaha FACTORY bikes. Seeing that Yamaha does NOT have a "Factory Team" this year, could be, just MAYBE....Yamaha HQ is willing to thrown down some budget money to ensure they at least have Factory bikes showing at the Nationals this year which would give L&M Racing the money needed to contest the Outdoors. This is why I think JS7's return is a lot more probable than it was last year.

Just my 2 cents, but this is my "theory" on it.......

FLAME ON!

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

3/11/2010 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 9:19 PM

No flames, but L&M is not the only Yamaha Support team out there.

|

3/11/2010 11:29 AM

Do you guys think Josh Hill would be pretty pissed if suddenly he was forced to race outdoors or do you think he still would have the option of not doing it?

|

3/11/2010 11:33 AM

SteveS wrote:

They are the only support team with Factory bikes.

|

3/11/2010 11:35 AM

I don't think he would care. He was just happy to get a ride with Factory equipment. I don't think he was necessarily looking for a SX only deal when he landed on L&M. It just happened to work out that way.

|

3/11/2010 11:35 AM

Doesn't JGR have factory bikes? Or are they just getting factory support?

|

3/11/2010 11:37 AM

Titan1 wrote:

To my knowledge, just factory support. Something may have changed, but I do not believe so.

|

3/11/2010 11:39 AM

stewart will never race outdoors again.let it rest already. its his decision not to.let it rest already.let it rest already.let it rest already.let it rest already..let it rest already....

|

3/11/2010 11:39 AM

Jgr is all in house, they run a first class ship and that is why people believe they are factory. As for L&M, I think they will be finding backing for the nationals but not from Yamaha. They have plenty of blue bikes out there. Also moto concepts has factory support. I believe.

|

3/11/2010 11:43 AM

zippy895 wrote:

stewart will never race outdoors again.let it rest already. its his decision not to.let it rest already.let it rest already.let it rest already.let it rest already..let it rest already....

Hard to take someone named "zippy" fairly serious. Oh, and I bet you are wrong. If anything, James wanting to prove to everyone he actually IS the fastest guy on the planet will win in the end. He isn't going to go practically a whole year without racing. He NEEDS the competition in his life. That isn't a knock on him, it is just an addiction he needs like anyone else with an addiction be it a good one or a bad one.

|

3/11/2010 11:45 AM

zippy895 wrote:

Then why did he say on "DMXS" he wanted to? He said if he was healed 100% he will line up for the first outdoor national. I don't think it is a question of not wanting to, he sounds excited and motivated to race outdoors.

|

3/11/2010 11:46 AM

Either way, no one will know for sure until the #7 is sitting on the start line at the first national. Purely speculation until that time.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Scottish. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Scotsman!

3/11/2010 11:48 AM

TerryK wrote:

Either way, no one will know for sure until the #7 is sitting on the start line at the first national. Purely speculation until that time.

I agree, I was just trying to shed some light on why I thought it was more probable this year than last year. I wasn't trying to start anything. Just trying to shed some insight is all.

|

3/11/2010 11:55 AM

zippy895 wrote:

Zippy, never is a long time...

Hey, can you ditch your sig, please?

|

3/11/2010 1:18 PM

Titan1 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

To my knowledge, just factory support. Something may have changed, but I do not believe so.

I wasn't sure, thanks for the clarification....

|

3/11/2010 2:02 PM

James fed everyone the same bait last year, and how many outdoor races did he actually race?

|

3/11/2010 2:08 PM

Titan1 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

I wasn't sure, thanks for the clarification....

You're quite welcome.

|

3/11/2010 2:09 PM

MX479Guy wrote:

James fed everyone the same bait last year, and how many outdoor races did he actually race?

Thanks for playing and reading the original post. Next please!

|

3/11/2010 2:21 PM

MX479Guy wrote:

Totally different circumstances, he won a SX title last year. This season he might not be healed enough to race another SX race but he might be ready for the outdoors. Not saying there is a100% chance of him running outdoors, but the chances are higher this year than last.

|

3/11/2010 2:27 PM

MX479Guy wrote:

chase187 wrote:

Totally different circumstances, he won a SX title last year. This season he might not be healed enough to race another SX race but he might be ready for the outdoors. Not saying there is a100% chance of him running outdoors, but the chances are higher this year than last.

EXACTLY! There are A LOT of differen't circumstances this year. That was my whole point of this thread. I NEVER said he was going to race them, only that the circumstances seem to me, a lot more likely.

|

3/11/2010 2:35 PM

Would be nice to see him ride again, but seems unlikely since no one is willing to show him the money? And him being injured a lot maybe makes it even more unlikely for loads of cash to show up? Maybe his attitude/hunger has change though? Maybe he now considers doing it for the love (and some million) of the sport, him being a racer/athlete, or maybe the growing lack of attention?

If not, the series is working really well without him (new superheroes like Pourcel axle the mantle excellent). So it's kind of a win-win situation I think.

I still think James has destroyed his career for nothing and some cars. But that's just an opinion. Everybody are entitled to fuck up at times.

|

3/11/2010 2:47 PM

DrSweden wrote:

Would be nice to see him ride again, but seems unlikely since no one is willing to show him the money? And him being injured a lot maybe makes it even more unlikely for loads of cash to show up? Maybe his attitude/hunger has change though? Maybe he now considers doing it for the love (and some million) of the sport, him being a racer/athlete, or maybe the growing lack of attention?

If not, the series is working really well without him (new superheroes like Pourcel axle the mantle excellent). So it's kind of a win-win situation I think.

I still think James has destroyed his career for nothing and some cars. But that's just an opinion. Everybody are entitled to fuck up at times.

With the speed and will to win that James has, if he comes off he has a good chance of ending up in a chair. How much would you pay for the ability to walk? It's priceless. James and every other pro should be paid millions to race. Definitely more than Tiger Woods is paid. Why line up with the possibility to end up seriously injured if the money is not worth the risk?

|

3/11/2010 3:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2010 3:42 PM

Well hopefully, the pay is going to increase with the better tv packages, more shows on tv than ever right now, more mainstream sponsors coming in etc.....

|

3/11/2010 5:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 9:20 PM

Titan1 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

JGR doesn't want Factory support. They have more resources then all the Factories combined with being tied in with Nascar. There bikes are 3 times more trick then any factory bike out there. Have you seen half of the trick shit on those bikes that they make in house? Like the Shocks, and the list goes on. Moto Concepts, Star Racing, L&M Racing, and now Tedesco is getting Valli Motorsports in the ring. I think that J-laws team for that fact might be getting some parts thrown at them here and there. L&M are not the only ones. Yamaha has it covered and I think your gonna see other Factory teams start dissapearing and helping new Satelite teams and exsisting ones. It will eventually be like Nascar, hate to say it but I think it will be for the better of are sport.

|

2011 Sponsors: Leers Cycle Center, Tom Morgan Racing, Race Tech, Hot Cams, Motorex, Braking, RK, Devol, Ride Enginnering, Sidi, Excel A60, 661, Sunline, FMF, Moto Hose, Tag, Kicker, Dragon Goggles, Wiseco, Bike Gaphix, AGV

3/11/2010 5:58 PM

James could have his own damn team if he really wanted to do it and he could have any factory throwing him bikes. If he has the heart and will he will be at the nationals.

|

2011 Sponsors: Leers Cycle Center, Tom Morgan Racing, Race Tech, Hot Cams, Motorex, Braking, RK, Devol, Ride Enginnering, Sidi, Excel A60, 661, Sunline, FMF, Moto Hose, Tag, Kicker, Dragon Goggles, Wiseco, Bike Gaphix, AGV

3/11/2010 6:48 PM

MX479Guy wrote:

that was last year....or have you woke up yet?

|

3/11/2010 7:54 PM

SteveS wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Not quite correct, both Valli and Moto Concepts are getting some things kicked down to them as well I believe.

|

3/11/2010 7:59 PM

SteveS wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Adam43 wrote:

Not quite correct, both Valli and Moto Concepts are getting some things kicked down to them as well I believe.

I think you might be confused.

I'm pretty sure Valli is paying for all the GYT stuff they get

JGR might get some money and bikes from Yamaha but I read where they paid for all the Factory stuff they got even though now it doesn't matter because they are building stuff the Factories don't have.

|

3/11/2010 8:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2010 8:30 PM

mxr102 wrote:

JGR doesn't want Factory support. They have more resources then all the Factories combined with being tied in with Nascar. There bikes are 3 times more trick then any factory bike out there. Have you seen half of the trick shit on those bikes that they make in house? Like the Shocks, and the list goes on. Moto Concepts, Star Racing, L&M Racing, and now Tedesco is getting Valli Motorsports in the ring. I think that J-laws team for that fact might be getting some parts thrown at them here and there. L&M are not the only ones. Yamaha has it covered and I think your gonna see other Factory teams start dissapearing and helping new Satelite teams and exsisting ones. It will eventually be like Nascar, hate to say it but I think it will be for the better of are sport.

They have more resources then all the Factories combined with being tied in with Nascar.

bullshit.
|

3/11/2010 9:03 PM

SteveS wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Adam43 wrote:

There is a difference in "full" Factor bikes and Factory "Support" bikes. Davi Millsaps has a Full Factory bike whereas Kevin Windham races a production Honda with Factory supported parts. James and Josh are on Full Factory bikes.

|