JS7 #7 RAW - EPISODE 1

3/30/2019 8:20am
Should of asked James about Rebull being his personal sponsor and Monster Kawi during his perfect season. Wouldn't be surprised if Eli changes teams this year...
Should of asked James about Rebull being his personal sponsor and Monster Kawi during his perfect season.
Wouldn't be surprised if Eli changes teams this year. Doesn't sound like much has changed at Kawi since JS7 was there as far as management and personal..
I wouldn't be surprised either. Doesn't seem like the bike is working for Eli this year and that's hard to say as a current Kawi guy. Williamson's pulp interview going on about how good the bike is indicates that there was some disagreement about that between him and Eli. Not sure how he'd know, he's not the one on the bike. There has always been a stigma about Kawi thinking they know better than the riders. Maybe it's true.

As for any complaint about the Stew video, quit your fucking crying. How you can legitimately be such a hater that you complain about this video is laughable. Keep on hating. Dude is one of the best ever. Set for life. All while you guys are miserable. Fucking love it.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
3/30/2019 8:33am
I really enjoyed it, I found it interesting.
3/30/2019 8:53am
The camera movement is a style of cinematography and it's fitting for this type of interview, but they missed the mark. The camera shake is supposed to be more smooth and relaxed, and less erratic. If they improve their technique it will work for this type of interview. They need to change camera angles a bit more as well.

If you don't like the camera shake just listen to the audio and don't watch the video. Since they aren't inserting clips of racing, there's not much to see other than a few different facial expressions.

brocster
3/30/2019 9:01am
Should of asked James about Rebull being his personal sponsor and Monster Kawi during his perfect season. Wouldn't be surprised if Eli changes teams this year...
Should of asked James about Rebull being his personal sponsor and Monster Kawi during his perfect season.
Wouldn't be surprised if Eli changes teams this year. Doesn't sound like much has changed at Kawi since JS7 was there as far as management and personal..
I wouldn't be surprised either. Doesn't seem like the bike is working for Eli this year and that's hard to say as a current Kawi guy...
I wouldn't be surprised either. Doesn't seem like the bike is working for Eli this year and that's hard to say as a current Kawi guy. Williamson's pulp interview going on about how good the bike is indicates that there was some disagreement about that between him and Eli. Not sure how he'd know, he's not the one on the bike. There has always been a stigma about Kawi thinking they know better than the riders. Maybe it's true.

As for any complaint about the Stew video, quit your fucking crying. How you can legitimately be such a hater that you complain about this video is laughable. Keep on hating. Dude is one of the best ever. Set for life. All while you guys are miserable. Fucking love it.
I have those same thoughts as well about the Kawi situation on the Team “believing” the bike is good over the rider “feeling” the bike is good. How would they know? NO two riders are the same with setups, so many variable to call from the “sidelines”. Would be cool to hear what’s really going on there with that whole dynamic.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on you last statement and you can call it what you want, but when a Legend in hiding decides to speak make sure you have your ducks in a row to make it Legendary. This situation was not the same level of your day to day iphone video at a birthday party. There are more stable videos of bigfoot albeit not as clear...

The Shop

3/30/2019 9:06am
bigk218 wrote:
Just listening to him speak about today’s racing and moments that stand out in his career is incredible. I’d love to know more details about behind...
Just listening to him speak about today’s racing and moments that stand out in his career is incredible. I’d love to know more details about behind the scenes.

Biggest takeaway: Kawasaki hasn’t changed much. It seems like the complaints he had back then are more than likely what Tomac is feeling and facing now.

Can’t wait for more
I agree....looking back at the direction his career went, had he stayed on Kawasaki or went to any other brand than the earlier gen yz’s where...
I agree....looking back at the direction his career went, had he stayed on Kawasaki or went to any other brand than the earlier gen yz’s where the motor was reversed do you think his career would have been the same. I hate it that he rode that bike early on I don’t think it would have ended like it did
If he would have backed it down, just a bit, his career would have been way different. No point in trying to win by 30 secs, if you are on the ragged edge. He should have won way more titles/races, and could have.
3/30/2019 9:13am
brocster wrote:
I have those same thoughts as well about the Kawi situation on the Team “believing” the bike is good over the rider “feeling” the bike is...
I have those same thoughts as well about the Kawi situation on the Team “believing” the bike is good over the rider “feeling” the bike is good. How would they know? NO two riders are the same with setups, so many variable to call from the “sidelines”. Would be cool to hear what’s really going on there with that whole dynamic.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on you last statement and you can call it what you want, but when a Legend in hiding decides to speak make sure you have your ducks in a row to make it Legendary. This situation was not the same level of your day to day iphone video at a birthday party. There are more stable videos of bigfoot albeit not as clear...
Didn’t even notice the shaking. We can agree to disagree. I couldn’t care less about the production quality of a video where a man sits in a chair and talks.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/30/2019 9:27am
JBecker 72 wrote:
I didn’t think he was a Red Bull athlete then.
Yessir he was. RedBull helmet with monster Kawasaki on his jersey.
3/30/2019 9:53am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
He did not wear a Red Bull helmet while riding a Monster Kawi. He would use a towel to try and cover the Monster logo in post race interwiews and drank from a water bottle. It was indeed well known that he was a Red Bull guy and Kawi signing with Monster caused friction.
FARANG
3/30/2019 10:01am
Was looking forward to this but I had to turn the video off after a couple of minutes due to the shake and then the interview bored me after 5 minutes.

I guess this is one for the fanboys. I have a long drive tomorrow so I'll try again with audio only if I can get a coffee beforehand.
resetjet
3/30/2019 10:06am
Beeby wrote:
I’m not too up on my Stewart bikes/years/results but is he saying Kawi dropped him because he was done in the sport whilst completing a perfect...
I’m not too up on my Stewart bikes/years/results but is he saying Kawi dropped him because he was done in the sport whilst completing a perfect season
Yes thats what he said. Contracts were done before outdoors. Had they known he was gonna go 24-0 they would have never let that happen. His first season on the big bike was pretty rocky and he had rc and cr and others to deal with. They also probably did not know rc was gonna retire at that time.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
3/30/2019 10:17am
Beeby wrote:
I’m not too up on my Stewart bikes/years/results but is he saying Kawi dropped him because he was done in the sport whilst completing a perfect...
I’m not too up on my Stewart bikes/years/results but is he saying Kawi dropped him because he was done in the sport whilst completing a perfect season
resetjet wrote:
Yes thats what he said. Contracts were done before outdoors. Had they known he was gonna go 24-0 they would have never let that happen. His...
Yes thats what he said. Contracts were done before outdoors. Had they known he was gonna go 24-0 they would have never let that happen. His first season on the big bike was pretty rocky and he had rc and cr and others to deal with. They also probably did not know rc was gonna retire at that time.
No one in the world thought Stewart was "done" in 2008. He was only 22 years old for God's sake. We're simply not getting the story of what really happened at Kawasaki.

I believe that it's true that Kawasaki didn't offer him a ride for 2009 onward but it was because his intentions to leave were most likely already well known. Everyone knew that Stewart and Kawasaki team manager Mike Fisher didn't like each other at all.

RC did his half-season retirement tour in 2007. Stewart left Kawasaki after the 2008 season.
mx43
3/30/2019 10:38am
The worst video production ever. This is JS7 couldn’t have found a better crew to capture this moment.
This was a mess.
toomanykaws
3/30/2019 10:44am
True fans of the sport might remember. James was pro at 16 and winning. By 20 he had 3 125 MX championships and East and West sx titles. Injuries and crashes kept him from more just in that short time span. His win % was still ridiculous. Probably one of the better interviews PulpMx did with Mike Williamson some years back about his own wrenching career. Mike said James would win in 2008. No real smiles on podium. Ride back to truck. Say few words to him about the bike. Change his gear and leave. Makes you wonder about Mike Fischer. Kawi seemed to have the winning riders. Titles and race wins. But who was steering the ship. Just think James did do his whole career on Kawi much like Jeff Ward. Or had he got on a Suzuki instead of the Yamaha for 09 on. Shame so many people want bag on him and his career. Lot of disrespect out there on the keyboards today.
There was a good interview with Big James on youtube. He tells it like it is how it all started for them. Maybe some should check it out.
3/30/2019 10:45am
FARANG wrote:
Was looking forward to this but I had to turn the video off after a couple of minutes due to the shake and then the interview...
Was looking forward to this but I had to turn the video off after a couple of minutes due to the shake and then the interview bored me after 5 minutes.

I guess this is one for the fanboys. I have a long drive tomorrow so I'll try again with audio only if I can get a coffee beforehand.
You don't have to be a "fanboy". I can see how you wouldn't like it as the sole purpose of your account here has been to shit on the guy at every opportunity. You can deny if you'd like, but anybody can make a few mouse clicks and see for themselves. It goes all the way back over 10 years now and you probably posted the same stuff on moto drive as well.
3/30/2019 11:15am
Finally watched it. Enjoyed most of it. It was a humanizing video. You never hear james talk about the stuff that the fans have been reminiscing about for years.

Didn’t like the part where he kind of made excuses for not beating Ricky. Liked how he still feels that chad wasn’t on his level
CoccoBill
3/30/2019 11:20am
4rings wrote:
Anyone care to provide some sparknotes on the overall video? Can't hold attention for 30 mins listening lol, and the camera shake is miserable.
Anyone care to provide some sparknotes on the overall video? Can't hold attention for 30 mins listening lol, and the camera shake is miserable.
tingo wrote:
Dade city kid. Winning was everything. Didn't like racing Reed. Repassing him was rude. Can you hear my kids? RC was good, but James was faster...
Dade city kid.
Winning was everything.
Didn't like racing Reed.
Repassing him was rude.
Can you hear my kids?
RC was good, but James was faster.
Kawi smelled like she had a new boyfriend.
Are my kids too loud?
Tomac should be dominating.
Watches all the races.
Comebacks were fun.
Kids are bastards.
Little Chicken.
much ty

Thanks a lot, please do the same for all the other episodes in the series
3/30/2019 11:23am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2019 2:53pm
lol people complaining and not watching it because of the quality, I agree it sucks ass, which is why I just listened to it...it's not like there's anything to see in the video anyways.
3/30/2019 11:24am
What a complete joke.........

36 minutes of stuff we already know. Garbage tier production. Looks like TeamGreen is holding the camera for this interview.
You should stick to one word.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/30/2019 1:25pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
He did not wear a Red Bull helmet while riding a Monster Kawi. He would use a towel to try and cover the Monster logo in...
He did not wear a Red Bull helmet while riding a Monster Kawi. He would use a towel to try and cover the Monster logo in post race interwiews and drank from a water bottle. It was indeed well known that he was a Red Bull guy and Kawi signing with Monster caused friction.
My bad. Was thinking 06 before monster.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
3/30/2019 1:33pm
Finally watched it. Enjoyed most of it. It was a humanizing video. You never hear james talk about the stuff that the fans have been reminiscing...
Finally watched it. Enjoyed most of it. It was a humanizing video. You never hear james talk about the stuff that the fans have been reminiscing about for years.

Didn’t like the part where he kind of made excuses for not beating Ricky. Liked how he still feels that chad wasn’t on his level
Chad was never on his level.
3/30/2019 1:40pm
Finally watched it. Enjoyed most of it. It was a humanizing video. You never hear james talk about the stuff that the fans have been reminiscing...

jjavaman wrote:
I thought it was funny when Stewart was talking about RC and the whoops. He seemed a bit apologetic over the incident with Reed and slowing down to let Reed by, only to pass him again.
slipdog
3/30/2019 1:46pm
I thought it was funny when Stewart was talking about RC and the whoops. He seemed a bit apologetic over the incident with Reed and slowing...
I thought it was funny when Stewart was talking about RC and the whoops. He seemed a bit apologetic over the incident with Reed and slowing down to let Reed by, only to pass him again.
There are plenty of things I did when I was 16 that I'm apologetic for now. Much worse than letting a rival by and repassing him, lol
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
3/30/2019 1:50pm

jjavaman wrote:
I thought it was funny when Stewart was talking about RC and the whoops. He seemed a bit apologetic over the incident with Reed and slowing...
I found it funny when he said Ricky’s short legs wouldn’t let him go fast in the whoops and he ended up hitting the boat in the infield.
3/30/2019 3:03pm
jjavaman wrote:
SKIDLID wrote:
I found it funny when he said Ricky’s short legs wouldn’t let him go fast in the whoops and he ended up hitting the boat in...
I found it funny when he said Ricky’s short legs wouldn’t let him go fast in the whoops and he ended up hitting the boat in the infield.
I forgot the race that was at. Do you remember? All I remember was he was trying to match James’ pace in the whoops and it didn’t end well. But I gotta give him credit for trying, it’s more than I would have done.
CPR
3/30/2019 3:19pm

jjavaman wrote:
Except for when Reed beat him?
slipdog
3/30/2019 4:04pm

jjavaman wrote:
CPR wrote:
Except for when Reed beat him?
Oh, that? That's different...
tcallahan707
3/30/2019 4:29pm
Good lord, 20 seconds in and I had to pause and jump on here to complain about the tripod. I'm glad I did as it sounds like it only gets worse. Saved 30 minutes of my morning.
3/30/2019 6:27pm
Glad he’s back. One year in the pits at the Minneapolis supercross I saw a big ass bunch of serious looking dudes walking toward me. I looked them over and the guy in the front and center turned out to be JS7 of JSE. First thing I thought was that Stew must have been suffering in some way just by the look of him. Fastest guy ever and he wasn’t enjoy it. I’ve always had the feeling that he’s a good, caring person with solid intuition and natural insight. Maybe a bit of a brooder. Someone like that gets drained by thinking too much, and if you’re also surrounded by toxic people we get what we got. We also get an analytical, forward, and probably honest former champion. The early and final winning days really looked special for him. They were special for plenty of us fans. I’ve never enjoyed another guy’s style on the bike like Stewart. People who say they would look away when he was or if he were out there are liars plain and simple. Anyway, he never saw me, but I was sure glad I saw him. Glad he’s back.

Post a reply to: JS7 #7 RAW - EPISODE 1

The Latest