JS7

motomike137
7/16/2021 12:36pm
JB54 wrote:
Washougal 2002. This was the first AMA race I ever attended and I still remember being completely blown away by a pass Stewart made on Brandon...
Washougal 2002. This was the first AMA race I ever attended and I still remember being completely blown away by a pass Stewart made on Brandon Jesseman in the corner after the big ski jump. Jesseman was probably 5-10 bike lengths ahead of Stewart at the top of the hill and James came absolutely flying down the hill and railed the corner to pass Jesseman on the outside. I swear he didn't even let off the gas when he hit the corner. It was mind boggling and something I'll never forget.

Go to 40:19 in this video to see the pass. Unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F23Ti1N10Uo&t=2478s&ab_channel=MathewV2…
TDeath21 wrote:
Holy fucking shit. If you just watch Jesseman you’ll think there’s no way a pass can be made on him there.
It was like there was a rope tied to Jesseman's bike and James just never let off and swung around like a fuckin water skier lol.
Markus422
7/16/2021 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2021 1:40pm
Washougal 2002. I was 5 and it was the first national I had been to. I remember being amazed by both him on the KX125 and Ricky on the CR250. I ended up getting third in the 4-6 50cc class the next day and was disappointed because 1st got a RC trophy and 2nd got a JS trophy (I got a Tim Ferry one, which today I think is pretty cool). To this day that KX125 and that CR250 will always be the most iconic bikes in the sport, they symbolize motocross to me. He was wearing that legendary pink Fox gear and I asked my dad why he was wearing all pink, as I had never seen a motocross racer wear pink before. My dad said nobody could say anything negative about it when he was 5 seconds a lap faster than everyone else. I thought that was so cool haha
CPR
7/16/2021 3:26pm
Ryan625 wrote:
I didn’t know about the shoulder! I never heard that part, I just remember Reed saying if he got a start he could beat Stewart strait...
I didn’t know about the shoulder! I never heard that part, I just remember Reed saying if he got a start he could beat Stewart strait up. So James decided to prove him wrong and let him catch up.

The other fun fact is that he told no one that he was going to do it. J-bone thought the bike blew up 😂
CPR wrote:
Yeah people like to leave the shoulder bit out, because it makes for a better story. But of course Stew knew it was a safe move...
Yeah people like to leave the shoulder bit out, because it makes for a better story.
But of course Stew knew it was a safe move. Still a killer psych move though.
Had to have grinded Reed’s gears, especially when he hated his bike and resented even having to ride that class. Only time in his whole pro career he raced the 125/ 250f class, didn’t even ride a 125 straight out of juniors, and then when he’s forced to, he has to go against the fastest guy ever.
Chad shot his mouth off, James shut it. End of story. I'd think you Aussies could appreciate that Wink
Of course he shot his mouth off, remember when riders used to do that, it was awesome.
Truth is still truth regardless, you’d think all moto fans could appreciate that…..
byugukcuf
7/17/2021 6:17pm
RMT wrote:
2001 LL qualifier in N. Georgia. He was riding a different track than all the others that day. He would jump into this whoop section so...
2001 LL qualifier in N. Georgia. He was riding a different track than all the others that day. He would jump into this whoop section so far with no regard to where he landed and all the while WFO. Unreal.
We were at that race and I remember that moment we'll. A woman in the crowd did one of those gasp-screams when he launched. Everytime I saw him race he did something like that that would make ya go "that boy ain't right". The wife and I drove five hours (thought it was going to be 3 1/2 hours) to see him race. She had never seen him race before. He fell early in the first moto. I said to her "this is gonna be good". Pure speed.

The Shop

byugukcuf
7/17/2021 6:28pm
I believe it was his last year on minis at Muddy Creek. Kawi TN State Championships. They always brought in Team Green guys for the race. His skill level at that point was.........he looked like McGrath. Even though he was only on 100 I could tell he was already faster than the guys in the 125 national class. The only people that didn't admit it didn't want to see it. The people in Florida don't know how lucky they were to see him ride as an amateur.
motomike137
7/17/2021 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2021 7:50pm
CPR wrote:
Yeah people like to leave the shoulder bit out, because it makes for a better story. But of course Stew knew it was a safe move...
Yeah people like to leave the shoulder bit out, because it makes for a better story.
But of course Stew knew it was a safe move. Still a killer psych move though.
Had to have grinded Reed’s gears, especially when he hated his bike and resented even having to ride that class. Only time in his whole pro career he raced the 125/ 250f class, didn’t even ride a 125 straight out of juniors, and then when he’s forced to, he has to go against the fastest guy ever.
Chad shot his mouth off, James shut it. End of story. I'd think you Aussies could appreciate that Wink
CPR wrote:
Of course he shot his mouth off, remember when riders used to do that, it was awesome. Truth is still truth regardless, you’d think all moto...
Of course he shot his mouth off, remember when riders used to do that, it was awesome.
Truth is still truth regardless, you’d think all moto fans could appreciate that…..
I dont mind that Chad said what he said. His belief in himself was one of the reasons he is one of the greats. But after watching JMart today don't come at me with any excuses. If James had been on a 250f that season then Chad would never have even sniffed his exhaust pipe.

Post a reply to: JS7

The Latest