JS7

throttle77
4/14/2013 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 5:23pm
I think he can still win races but it's like every time he starts to build some momentum, he gets knocked down.

He was starting to do pretty good mid-season but keeps having these freak crashes. Not big get offs but
going through a corner and the bike tipping over or a rut blowing out. How does that not mess with your confidence?
Every time you go through a corner, it's like "will the front end wash out", etc.

It would be really tough to ride at the speed these guys do wondering if some little freak thing is going to happen
when you are mid-corner. I hope he keeps racing though. I think he should just push forward even though the
ACL is torn. He still has the speed. Maybe his luck will get better.
WFO!
4/14/2013 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 5:32pm
mx216 wrote:
Hughes has a history of never giving up. Not saying what was said is right morally but, he can talk about not giving up if there...
Hughes has a history of never giving up. Not saying what was said is right morally but, he can talk about not giving up if there is anything for him comment on. To pose a question, In this day and age who would Mitch rather put up with?

lostboy819 wrote:
One time he pushes his bike up a hill and now "he never gives up"............. Bullshit. He pissed away his racing career and now that its...
One time he pushes his bike up a hill and now "he never gives up"............. Bullshit. He pissed away his racing career and now that its too late, he tells others how to win. Woohoo
Wow. Dumb comment.

"one time he pushed a bike up hill and now he never gives up"??

The same guy also rode a supercross with a broken jaw wired shut that he had broken earlier that day. Never gave up.

The same guy who raced Southwick with a broken leg. Never gave up.

He was the iron man of the sport for a reason.

Im NO Hughes fan but give credit where its due.

Excerpt from the same article - link below.

".......He shocked just about everyone with a two-moto sweep at Hangtown, but then he broke his leg at Southwick, duct-taped the broken limb together and still finished both motos! "

Read more: http://www.dirtrider.com/tests/141_0605_beating_dirt_bike_pro/#ixzz2QUH…
Lucifa.
4/14/2013 6:28pm
mx216 wrote:
Hughes has a history of never giving up. Not saying what was said is right morally but, he can talk about not giving up if there...
Hughes has a history of never giving up. Not saying what was said is right morally but, he can talk about not giving up if there is anything for him comment on. To pose a question, In this day and age who would Mitch rather put up with?

lostboy819 wrote:
One time he pushes his bike up a hill and now "he never gives up"............. Bullshit. He pissed away his racing career and now that its...
One time he pushes his bike up a hill and now "he never gives up"............. Bullshit. He pissed away his racing career and now that its too late, he tells others how to win. Woohoo
WFO! wrote:
Wow. Dumb comment. "one time he pushed a bike up hill and now he never gives up"?? The same guy also rode a supercross with a...
Wow. Dumb comment.

"one time he pushed a bike up hill and now he never gives up"??

The same guy also rode a supercross with a broken jaw wired shut that he had broken earlier that day. Never gave up.

The same guy who raced Southwick with a broken leg. Never gave up.

He was the iron man of the sport for a reason.

Im NO Hughes fan but give credit where its due.

Excerpt from the same article - link below.

".......He shocked just about everyone with a two-moto sweep at Hangtown, but then he broke his leg at Southwick, duct-taped the broken limb together and still finished both motos! "

Read more: http://www.dirtrider.com/tests/141_0605_beating_dirt_bike_pro/#ixzz2QUH…
That shit was expected in those days and we didn't make much of a deal about it. The mx/sx fanbois of today see that shit on tv or the interweb and suddenly RH is a hard man? Please, spear me the bullshit. This world has become weak!
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
4/14/2013 6:29pm
GuyB wrote:
Half the power of social media is knowing when not to use it.
So very true. Smile

The Shop

WFO!
4/14/2013 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 7:03pm
He rode Southwick with a broken leg.

SOUTHWICK.

That wasnt expected of any mortal in any era of motocross.

End of story.

I was there and saw it with my own eyes. He sat at the gate with his leg on top of the handlebars to keep it from ballooning up with blood until the gate dropped.

Hughes may be THE definition of a racer who never gave up.

4/14/2013 7:03pm
WFO! wrote:
He rode Southwick with a broken leg. SOUTHWICK. [b]That wasnt expected of any mortal in any era of motocross.[/b] End of story. I was there and...

SOUTHWICK.

End of story.

I was there and saw it with my own eyes. He sat at the gate with his leg on top of the handlebars to keep it from ballooning up with blood until the gate dropped.

Unfortunately for Kawasaki, pushing the broken bike across the line would prove to be less profitable than winning with it.
orangecrush
4/14/2013 7:32pm
WFO! wrote:
He rode Southwick with a broken leg. SOUTHWICK. [b]That wasnt expected of any mortal in any era of motocross.[/b] End of story. I was there and...

SOUTHWICK.

End of story.

Or a complete idiot. All depends on your definition of intelligence. I'd say JS is the smarter of the two...Just a guess.
WFO!
4/14/2013 7:57pm
Wow, you guys just want to hate.
4/14/2013 8:19pm
Who is Ryan Hughes? I looked through a list of ama champions but couldn't find his name.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
4/14/2013 10:04pm
I don't do twatter so maybe someone can explain it to me.

Is Hughes telling a joke, or is he calling James a joke?
TeamGreen
4/14/2013 10:15pm
Who is Ryan Hughes? I looked through a list of ama champions but couldn't find his name.
You must not know about the broken wheel...
thordude
4/14/2013 10:23pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I heard that too. Spokes ripped out from someones footpeg?
TDeath21
4/14/2013 10:30pm
I do see his point. Stewart has done a lot of controversial things throughout his career. Stewart also has the unfortunate timing of being the guy in the spotlight when social media exploded, which compounds things even more. I just hope he's 100% for the outdoors. It'd be a super bummer if he wasn't. It's really starting to look like that wrist just won't fully heal. Any little crash seems to aggravate it again, and Stewart crashes quite a bit. Not a good combination.
Flip109
4/15/2013 5:18am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2013 5:19am
hasko158 wrote:
What bothers me more than him pulling off is how novice his crashes are. It's just so irritating to watch.
^ this is how I feel. FUck its annoying as hell! I'm a huge fan of his but dammit its hard to watch him going out like this his last few years racing.....
thordude
4/15/2013 7:13am
TeamGreen wrote:
Well Team Greenie? Are going to elaborate or do we have to wait for Pulp tonight?
jeffro503
4/15/2013 7:32am
I didn't read through this entire thread.......but just wanted to say I thought Ryan's tweet or whatever is kind of bullshit. Stewart pulled off with a possible broken wrist ( or at least it hurt and felt like that ).......I'm glad he pulled off instead of risking further injury. It's a bummer seeing how fast that guy can go , and then watch stuff like this happen. I just want the guy to be healthy for the outdoors.
davidex400
4/15/2013 11:51am
daemon616 wrote:
So no mention of Denny Stephenson's tweet right after JS7 pulled off? @dbo360: Quit once. Ull always quit. Once u can justify it in ur head...
So no mention of Denny Stephenson's tweet right after JS7 pulled off?

@dbo360: Quit once. Ull always quit. Once u can justify it in ur head... ur fucked.
rcm406 wrote:
Shit, Denny couldn't even hold on to his announcing job!:woohoo: what a loser he is! I love it how these ex pros that couldn't hold up...
Shit, Denny couldn't even hold on to his announcing job!Woohoo what a loser he is!
I love it how these ex pros that couldn't hold up James' left nut want to judge him on heart and determination! That's comical!
There's a difference between quitting and just being plain stupid on a SX track!
and i i would rather listen to him the emig, but they probably wanted somebody with more wins and titles for the job
nytsmaC
4/15/2013 11:56am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2013 11:57am
TeamGreen wrote:
thordude wrote:
I think you're confusing him with Langston, having his rear wheel disintegrate ruining his 125 championship. Hughes broke his chain and pushed the bike to the finish line, same end result if I'm not mistaken.

4/15/2013 12:00pm
TeamGreen wrote:
thordude wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I think you're confusing him with Langston, having his rear wheel disintegrate ruining his 125 championship. Hughes broke his chain and pushed the bike to the...
I think you're confusing him with Langston, having his rear wheel disintegrate ruining his 125 championship. Hughes broke his chain and pushed the bike to the finish line, same end result if I'm not mistaken.

I've been giving Hughes the benefit of the doubt for so long, because I respect what the guy did during his career, championship or not.

But he just crossed over into toolbag territory. and Denny Stephenson? Who the fuck is Denny Stephenson? (for the slower types, that's rhetorical, I know who Denny Stephenson is)
rosebud441
4/15/2013 12:10pm
C'mon its a 125.. those bike are not that heavy.. Smile
JustMX
4/15/2013 12:32pm
Dan,

First we hear of alleged incident where Doug Henry didn't acknowledge a compliment from a fan while he was out with friends and now Ryno comes off a bit rude in a tweet.

At least we still have Santa and the easter bunny to believe in.
Bytor
4/15/2013 1:12pm
It's a no win for James either way. He stays out and crashes and maybe takes out another rider and he'd be catching shit for not getting off the track when hurt.
FIREfish148
4/15/2013 4:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
thordude wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I think you're confusing him with Langston, having his rear wheel disintegrate ruining his 125 championship. Hughes broke his chain and pushed the bike to the...

Hughes lost the championship to brown after he broke his foot I believe. Langston lost to... Shit I can't remember but it was 2001-or 2002.
FIREfish148
4/15/2013 5:15pm
TeamGreen wrote:
thordude wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:

Hughes lost the championship to brown after he broke his foot I believe. Langston lost to... Shit I can't remember but it was 2001-or 2002.
dkg
4/16/2013 10:05am
Interesting article in PCMag on this today. This quote pretty well sums it up: "I've been guilty - as I'm sure you have - of an ill-advised tweet or post. Twitter is a reactionary medium, and sometimes our first reactions are either ill-advised, inappropriate, or worse."

If your interested in 6 people that got fired over tweets, link is here.
FroDiddy
4/16/2013 11:00am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2013 11:01am
thordude wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:

Hughes lost the title to Langston when Troy, Ohio flooded. The race was canceled and the season ended a round short when Ryno had all of the momentum going his way. Another heart breaker.

That said, Hughes' comment was idiotic. James has made more of an impact on this sport than Ryno could ever dream of. It's not enough that James race with a torn ACL, he must also ride with a bum wrist? If you're injured you're injured.
jtomasik
4/16/2013 12:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2013 12:04pm
Regis wrote:
I don't agree with what he tweeted. BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport. Many have been equal, but nobody has had...
I don't agree with what he tweeted.

BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport. Many have been equal, but nobody has had more. As far as heart is concerned, he is right up there with all the greats.

You do know he didn't get that payout right? You do know he came back and rode for KTM after that and nearly won a 125cc championship.....

There is NOTHING wrong with him trying to cash out on his insurance policy when he did. He didn't quite, he was being told it was over by doctors. He rightfully had an opportunity to cash in when injuries would have forced a regular guy out of the sport. When his insurance policy was not fulfilled due to legal mumbo jumbo he came back to continue to ride. Most riders would never have been able to comeback and compete for a national championship after taking that time off through all that.

If you rightfully pay THOUSANDS into an insurance and then get hurt to where you are being told you need to retire, it isn't quitting. It's being smart.

It was a bad tweet. It doesn't define him as a human being.
"BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport..."

Really? Nobody? Not one person? I think this guy would have a bit to say about that. Well, he probably wouldn't say anything. Unlike Hughes, Henry has enough integrity and humility to keep his mouth shut. That's what makes him a champion's champion.

Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/16/2013 4:43pm
Regis wrote:
I don't agree with what he tweeted. BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport. Many have been equal, but nobody has had...
I don't agree with what he tweeted.

BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport. Many have been equal, but nobody has had more. As far as heart is concerned, he is right up there with all the greats.

You do know he didn't get that payout right? You do know he came back and rode for KTM after that and nearly won a 125cc championship.....

There is NOTHING wrong with him trying to cash out on his insurance policy when he did. He didn't quite, he was being told it was over by doctors. He rightfully had an opportunity to cash in when injuries would have forced a regular guy out of the sport. When his insurance policy was not fulfilled due to legal mumbo jumbo he came back to continue to ride. Most riders would never have been able to comeback and compete for a national championship after taking that time off through all that.

If you rightfully pay THOUSANDS into an insurance and then get hurt to where you are being told you need to retire, it isn't quitting. It's being smart.

It was a bad tweet. It doesn't define him as a human being.
jtomasik wrote:
[i]"BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport..."[/i] Really? Nobody? Not one person? I think this guy would have a bit to say...
"BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport..."

Really? Nobody? Not one person? I think this guy would have a bit to say about that. Well, he probably wouldn't say anything. Unlike Hughes, Henry has enough integrity and humility to keep his mouth shut. That's what makes him a champion's champion.

You should read a whole thread before jumping in.....

IF you would have continued to read the thread before you posted this, you would have seen a response I wrote later......

"Ok, you got me.

Doug Henry. I forgot about him when writing that response.

1) Doug Henry

2) a bunch of guys tied, including Ryan Hughes

Post a reply to: JS7

The Latest