AS64
Fantasy
2156th
4/14/2013 12:56pm
Safe to say James doesn't race Seattle?
rcm406
4/14/2013 12:59pm
daemon616 wrote:
So no mention of Denny Stephenson's tweet right after JS7 pulled off? @dbo360: Quit once. Ull always quit. Once u can justify it in ur head...
So no mention of Denny Stephenson's tweet right after JS7 pulled off?

@dbo360: Quit once. Ull always quit. Once u can justify it in ur head... ur fucked.
Shit, Denny couldn't even hold on to his announcing job!Woohoo what a loser he is!
I love it how these ex pros that couldn't hold up James' left nut want to judge him on heart and determination! That's comical!
There's a difference between quitting and just being plain stupid on a SX track!
nytsmaC
4/14/2013 1:00pm
daemon616 wrote:
So no mention of Denny Stephenson's tweet right after JS7 pulled off? @dbo360: Quit once. Ull always quit. Once u can justify it in ur head...

@dbo360: Quit once. Ull always quit. Once u can justify it in ur head... ur fucked.
ehr400 wrote:
I think Denny is 100% right.
I think Denny has no room to talk. What kind of work ethic did Denny have compared to today's top riders?

They all worked hard but relatively speaking those guys were on cruise control when it came to training, preperation, blood sweat and tears.

If James hurt his wrist and didn't feel safe on the track he should be applauded for pulling off rather than being out of control and staying out there where he doesn't belong. I know these guys make it look easy on TV but jesus christ.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/14/2013 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 1:09pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Well, if he had it would have been one in a long line of retirements. He's made quitting into an art form. When he retires now...
Well, if he had it would have been one in a long line of retirements. He's made quitting into an art form. When he retires now, it's not even news. I don't really give a damn, but if he's going to call other guys a disgrace to the sport because they dropped out of a race, maybe they should take a quick look at his own record.

And you're right about Troy. He crashed in the first moto, finished, rode the second moto and THEN quit. If he could ride the second moto, why couldn't he ride the next week? What a disgrace. If I remember right, Honda had to get Mike Larocco to ride the 450 because Hughes couldn't drag himself out there.

Whatever. It's not the first stupid thing the village idiot screamed in the town square and probably won't be the last.
Regis wrote:
maybe I edited my post the same time you replied but after a little fact finding...... Ryan Hughes went 13-4 at Troy in 2001 on that...
maybe I edited my post the same time you replied

but after a little fact finding......

Ryan Hughes went 13-4 at Troy in 2001 on that "works" Honda.

So yeah, he crashed the first moto and got 13th. Came out and got 4th second moto for 6th overall. Maybe it was another Ryan Hughes you speak of?

I hate when facts get in the way of a good story. Smile
WhKnuckle wrote:
Yes, see my post above. Those facts are a pain in the ass, aren't they?
I will give you an "A" for effort today.

digging your heels in and all.

Just for shits and giggles -

Why didn't he ride the next week? After riding that second moto and getting 4th? (make sure to do your homework on this)

The Shop

Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/14/2013 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 1:08pm
Regis wrote:
I don't agree with what he tweeted. BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport. Many have been equal, but nobody has had...
I don't agree with what he tweeted.

BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport. Many have been equal, but nobody has had more. As far as heart is concerned, he is right up there with all the greats.

You do know he didn't get that payout right? You do know he came back and rode for KTM after that and nearly won a 125cc championship.....

There is NOTHING wrong with him trying to cash out on his insurance policy when he did. He didn't quite, he was being told it was over by doctors. He rightfully had an opportunity to cash in when injuries would have forced a regular guy out of the sport. When his insurance policy was not fulfilled due to legal mumbo jumbo he came back to continue to ride. Most riders would never have been able to comeback and compete for a national championship after taking that time off through all that.

If you rightfully pay THOUSANDS into an insurance and then get hurt to where you are being told you need to retire, it isn't quitting. It's being smart.

It was a bad tweet. It doesn't define him as a human being.
More heart than Doug Henry? Not a chance
Ok, you got me. Smile

Doug Henry. I forgot about him when writing that response.

1) Doug Henry

2) a bunch of guys tied, including Ryan Hughes.
zippy895
4/14/2013 1:08pm
hughes must be laughing his ass off w/ all the attention he's getting from a tweet he tagged as "joke".
fools.
nytsmaC
4/14/2013 1:10pm
Funny joke. That guy is pure comedy.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
Any publicity is good publicity, all the former riders or coaches have to do is give a negative comment to Stewart and they are famous all over again. IMO Stewart has never been the same since breaking that navicular bone in his wrist in 2010. There is a new breed taken over and their names are Ryan.

If Stewart hurt his wrist again or didn't feel safe for himself and other riders then he did the right thing.
WhKnuckle
Regis wrote:
I will give you an "A" for effort today. digging your heels in and all. Just for shits and giggles - Why didn't he ride the...

Why didn't he ride the next week? After riding that second moto and getting 4th? (make sure to do your homework on this)
Just calling em like I see em. Ryno is a douche bag with a big mouth. I'll never forget him taking KTMs money for two years, getting hurt in '04 and saying on TGO "At least I don't have to ride that bike any more." His bike was way too slow with unleaded to compete with the 250Fs that year. Of course, there was only one guy on a 125 who was competitive that year - a guy named James Stewart, who clearly had the slowest bike out there but never bitched about it once. You remember him...he won the championship that year, like he had in '02 and would go 24-0 in '08. And won two SX titles. The guy that Ryno thinks is a disgrace to the sport.
zippy895
4/14/2013 1:11pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Funny joke. That guy is pure comedy.
none the less.
4/14/2013 1:15pm
He pulled off with a possable broken wrist...what the hell is the big deal?
nytsmaC
4/14/2013 1:16pm
That's disgraceful, he should have kept going.
zippy895
4/14/2013 1:19pm
the million $ question...
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/14/2013 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 1:23pm
Regis wrote:
I will give you an "A" for effort today. digging your heels in and all. Just for shits and giggles - Why didn't he ride the...

WhKnuckle wrote:
Just calling em like I see em. Ryno is a douche bag with a big mouth. I'll never forget him taking KTMs money for two years...
Just calling em like I see em. Ryno is a douche bag with a big mouth. I'll never forget him taking KTMs money for two years, getting hurt in '04 and saying on TGO "At least I don't have to ride that bike any more." His bike was way too slow with unleaded to compete with the 250Fs that year. Of course, there was only one guy on a 125 who was competitive that year - a guy named James Stewart, who clearly had the slowest bike out there but never bitched about it once. You remember him...he won the championship that year, like he had in '02 and would go 24-0 in '08. And won two SX titles. The guy that Ryno thinks is a disgrace to the sport.
At least we know why you think so poorly of his tweet.

Because you don't like him for numerous reasons. Makes more sense now.

"Taking KTM's money" - another good one! I mean he didn't reward KTM with a vice championship and another decent year in which EVERYONE, including JS7 was at a huge disadvantage against the 250f's. Didn't earn it, he just took it.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/14/2013 1:24pm
Ryan quit Hangtown last year with a sore wrist that wasn't broken.

WhKnuckle
4/14/2013 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 1:25pm
Regis wrote:
At least we know why you think so poorly of his tweet. Because you don't like him for numerous reasons. Makes more sense now. "Taking KTM's...

"Taking KTM's money" - another good one! I mean he didn't reward KTM with a vice championship and another decent year in which EVERYONE, including JS7 was at a huge disadvantage against the 250f's. Didn't earn it, he just took it.
I don't care enough about him to dislike him.

And are you saying that KTM didnt pay him? That seems to be a recurring theme in Rynos life. Nobody pays him. It's hard to understand why.
sec114
4/14/2013 1:30pm
bad comment for ryno to say; but i still hope his broken back is healing well.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/14/2013 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 1:32pm
Regis wrote:
At least we know why you think so poorly of his tweet. Because you don't like him for numerous reasons. Makes more sense now. "Taking KTM's...

WhKnuckle wrote:
I don't care enough about him to dislike him. And are you saying that KTM didnt pay him? That seems to be a recurring theme in...

And are you saying that KTM didnt pay him? That seems to be a recurring theme in Rynos life. Nobody pays him. It's hard to understand why.
No, I know they paid him. An he did an excellent job for them.

Look, it's all in good bench racing. You don't like him, I do. He sent a bad tweet.

Here is the point of the tailgate bench racing where I cheers you with a beer, call you a dork and agree to disagree.
WhKnuckle
4/14/2013 1:32pm
Regis wrote:

WhKnuckle wrote:
I don't care enough about him to dislike him. And are you saying that KTM didnt pay him? That seems to be a recurring theme in...

Regis wrote:
No, I know they paid him. An he did an excellent job for them. Look, it's all in good bench racing. You don't like him, I...

Look, it's all in good bench racing. You don't like him, I do. He sent a bad tweet.

Here is the point of the tailgate bench racing where I cheers you with a beer, call you a dork and agree to disagree.
Works for me. Cheers!
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/14/2013 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 1:39pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:

A one off race for him, where he comes out of retirement that means nothing. Grey hairs and all.
Such a quitter. That race surely defines his career.

"If it doesn't go good for me first moto, I'm going to crack a beer and watch the 2nd moto"

Jesus you guys kill me..... Smile
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/14/2013 1:35pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

Regis wrote:
No, I know they paid him. An he did an excellent job for them. Look, it's all in good bench racing. You don't like him, I...

WhKnuckle wrote:
Works for me. Cheers!
Cheers buddy,

Smile
bd
4/14/2013 1:38pm
For all of you who are criticizing Ryno…. Have you ever misspoke? Projections are flying on this thread.
bd
4/14/2013 1:40pm
daemon616 wrote:

ehr400 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I think Denny has no room to talk. What kind of work ethic did Denny have compared to today's top riders? They all worked hard but...
I think Denny has no room to talk. What kind of work ethic did Denny have compared to today's top riders?

They all worked hard but relatively speaking those guys were on cruise control when it came to training, preperation, blood sweat and tears.

If James hurt his wrist and didn't feel safe on the track he should be applauded for pulling off rather than being out of control and staying out there where he doesn't belong. I know these guys make it look easy on TV but jesus christ.
I think you just answered your own question....

Think Denny knows from experience.
bobby397
4/14/2013 1:44pm
Who cares? James best days are behind him
bd
4/14/2013 1:58pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Any publicity is good publicity, all the former riders or coaches have to do is give a negative comment to Stewart and they are famous all...
Any publicity is good publicity, all the former riders or coaches have to do is give a negative comment to Stewart and they are famous all over again. IMO Stewart has never been the same since breaking that navicular bone in his wrist in 2010. There is a new breed taken over and their names are Ryan.

If Stewart hurt his wrist again or didn't feel safe for himself and other riders then he did the right thing.
Hmm.... same injury that ended RJ's career (Throttle Hand).
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/14/2013 2:08pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Any publicity is good publicity, all the former riders or coaches have to do is give a negative comment to Stewart and they are famous all...

bd wrote:
Hmm.... same injury that ended RJ's career (Throttle Hand).
Seems to be some similarities, RJ kept trying to come back over and over, and kept injuring his wrist over and over. That bone can sometimes never heal properly, but there is better technology now days so... who knows.
Sandberm
4/14/2013 2:09pm
Wonder what Ryan thinks of Reed missing a round to have his ouchy knee fixed? Wink

I
ehr400
4/14/2013 3:35pm
daemon616 wrote:

ehr400 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I think Denny has no room to talk. What kind of work ethic did Denny have compared to today's top riders? They all worked hard but...

I don't think Denny neccesarily meant he is a pussy but once you get it in your head to just pull off it gets easier, maybe like when KW was getting scared of the pace of racing? Maybe like RC said earlier that it looked like James was "over it".

I am a JS fan but in the last few years the fire seems to have been diminished. Hitting the ground that much isn't fun after a while. Can't blame him.
4/14/2013 4:49pm
It just seems like he's not in it anymore. It's just not easy for him anymore, like it use to be...well easier should I say
hasko158
4/14/2013 5:16pm
What bothers me more than him pulling off is how novice his crashes are. It's just so irritating to watch.

Post a reply to: JS7

The Latest