JS7

jtomasik
4/14/2013 6:02am
I develop a variety of products for clients, and one product I'm presently developing, which might be very effective for physical recovery in the MX/SX industry, is a new technology and will need a variety of reputable athletes to become the 'face' of this new product. No, the product isn't mine; it's my clients. I get zero benefit from that situation. Anyway, my ex's niece's husband has befriended Hughes. I was thinking Hughes might be a great fit to both take a look at the new product and possibly be the MX sponsor for it. I'm no longer thinking that's the case!

Anyone buds with Aldon Baker? ....lol....
4/14/2013 6:12am
Wow! As much as I am not a JS fan I dont like seeing him crash and get banged up either. But what ryan put out there being a twit in twitter world is really the disgrace here. If I were Tomac I would distance myself from any association with that guy!!
bobby397
4/14/2013 6:26am

Have to agree with chad on this.
86honda
4/14/2013 6:53am
JS7 is my role model. Show up get paid. The end.

The Shop

jtomasik
4/14/2013 7:15am
bobby397 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/04/14/image_415187.jpg[/img] Have to agree with chad on this.

Have to agree with chad on this.
Chad gets it. RC voluntarily took time off to repair his knee, so he could come back to win multiple titles. It makes a lot of sense if you're loaded with talent. But, when all ya' got is fighting skills, well, just keep fighting, even if you keep losing; maybe one day you'll get lucky and win.

https://youtu.be/88seLwKGddk
WhKnuckle
4/14/2013 7:26am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 7:31am
Funny that a guy who quit the sport so he could cash in an insurance policy would call some one a "disgrace" because he keeps on trying despite serious injuries that would put other riders on the sidelines. But it just goes to show the value of freedom of speech - it gives some people the freedom to be the village idiot in the middle of the town square.
wwoberg
4/14/2013 7:32am
I Love that Video. After they break them up, Ryan goes "DUDE, HE HIT ME FIRST".

What an idiot
500guy
4/14/2013 8:37am
When I was younger and would get mad at my Dad, He would say , "Think what you want, just don't say it"
tombugg
4/14/2013 10:18am
Total Douch Bag!!
Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
4/14/2013 10:26am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 10:29am
BAMX wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/04/13/Capture_59464.PNG[/img] Oh My.......:silly:

Oh My.......Silly
jtomasik wrote:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love twitter! [img]http://fractalmultiverse.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/foot-in-mouth-joe.jpg[/img]
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

I love twitter!

Ryan at first...."you want some of this dude" after ass whooping, " Dude...........twitch twitch.................you hit me first Whats your problem dude?"

you ain't as bad as you think you are Mfer! LOL.
mototrader
4/14/2013 10:35am
Ryno..please shut the fuck up

JS7 has won more than you ever have and ever will. If he was a multi time champ in both classes I would say fair game, but this dude never won a title..and yes..maybe he should of won in 2003 but he didn't so.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
4/14/2013 10:37am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 10:51am
WhKnuckle wrote:
Funny that a guy who quit the sport so he could cash in an insurance policy would call some one a "disgrace" because he keeps on...
Funny that a guy who quit the sport so he could cash in an insurance policy would call some one a "disgrace" because he keeps on trying despite serious injuries that would put other riders on the sidelines. But it just goes to show the value of freedom of speech - it gives some people the freedom to be the village idiot in the middle of the town square.
I don't agree with what he tweeted.

BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport. Many have been equal, but nobody has had more. As far as heart is concerned, he is right up there with all the greats.

You do know he didn't get that payout right? You do know he came back and rode for KTM after that and nearly won a 125cc championship.....

There is NOTHING wrong with him trying to cash out on his insurance policy when he did. He didn't quite, he was being told it was over by doctors. He rightfully had an opportunity to cash in when injuries would have forced a regular guy out of the sport. When his insurance policy was not fulfilled due to legal mumbo jumbo he came back to continue to ride. Most riders would never have been able to comeback and compete for a national championship after taking that time off through all that.

If you rightfully pay THOUSANDS into an insurance and then get hurt to where you are being told you need to retire, it isn't quitting. It's being smart.

It was a bad tweet. It doesn't define him as a human being.
daemon616
4/14/2013 10:49am
GuyB wrote:
Half the power of social media is knowing when not to use it.
Good point. I think some of these riders don't use it enough!
4/14/2013 10:52am
Ryan Hughes calling James Stewart a disgrace to the sport is fucked up. Don't get me wrong but Hughes liked the 125cc class a little too much.
daemon616
4/14/2013 10:54am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 10:54am
So no mention of Denny Stephenson's tweet right after JS7 pulled off?

@dbo360: Quit once. Ull always quit. Once u can justify it in ur head... ur fucked.
4/14/2013 10:57am
James has been burn out for years...
benstone
4/14/2013 11:16am
If you watch the race on YouTube, you can see him case a jump at the 6:10 mark:

Here's what JS7 had to say on Twitter:

Crashed & hurt my wrist in the heat race. Then Came up short in the main on a triple & rehurt it. Bummed out right now but will keep strong

— James Stewart (@js7) April 14, 2013

WhKnuckle
4/14/2013 11:35am
WhKnuckle wrote:
Funny that a guy who quit the sport so he could cash in an insurance policy would call some one a "disgrace" because he keeps on...
Regis wrote:
I don't agree with what he tweeted. BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport. Many have been equal, but nobody has had...

BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport. Many have been equal, but nobody has had more. As far as heart is concerned, he is right up there with all the greats.

You do know he didn't get that payout right? You do know he came back and rode for KTM after that and nearly won a 125cc championship.....

There is NOTHING wrong with him trying to cash out on his insurance policy when he did. He didn't quite, he was being told it was over by doctors. He rightfully had an opportunity to cash in when injuries would have forced a regular guy out of the sport. When his insurance policy was not fulfilled due to legal mumbo jumbo he came back to continue to ride. Most riders would never have been able to comeback and compete for a national championship after taking that time off through all that.

If you rightfully pay THOUSANDS into an insurance and then get hurt to where you are being told you need to retire, it isn't quitting. It's being smart.

Well, he quit and tried to cash in an insurance policy on the basis that he had a career ending injury, and when he didn't get paid he came back and raced in '03...which sort of implies it was not a career ending injury, right? And it also implies that he was just retiring so he could cash in an insurance policy, right? And then he calls Stewart a disgrace because he's trying to ride with a lot of injuries, and sometimes he can't get it done. He hurt that same wrist when he fell in Houston, hurt it again in his heat race crash, gutted out his LCQ and had to pull off in the main after he cased a jump, and according to Ryno, that makes him a "disgrace to the sport". Ok.
ehr400
4/14/2013 11:37am
daemon616 wrote:
So no mention of Denny Stephenson's tweet right after JS7 pulled off? @dbo360: Quit once. Ull always quit. Once u can justify it in ur head...

@dbo360: Quit once. Ull always quit. Once u can justify it in ur head... ur fucked.
I think Denny is 100% right.
4/14/2013 11:46am
daemon616 wrote:
So no mention of Denny Stephenson's tweet right after JS7 pulled off? @dbo360: Quit once. Ull always quit. Once u can justify it in ur head...

ehr400 wrote:
I think Denny is 100% right.
Quitting is like meth.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
4/14/2013 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 12:18pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Regis wrote:
I don't agree with what he tweeted. BUT NOBODY has had MORE heart than Ryno in this sport. Many have been equal, but nobody has had...

WhKnuckle wrote:
Well, he quit and tried to cash in an insurance policy on the basis that he had a career ending injury, and when he didn't get...
Well, he quit and tried to cash in an insurance policy on the basis that he had a career ending injury, and when he didn't get paid he came back and raced in '03...which sort of implies it was not a career ending injury, right? And it also implies that he was just retiring so he could cash in an insurance policy, right? And then he calls Stewart a disgrace because he's trying to ride with a lot of injuries, and sometimes he can't get it done. He hurt that same wrist when he fell in Houston, hurt it again in his heat race crash, gutted out his LCQ and had to pull off in the main after he cased a jump, and according to Ryno, that makes him a "disgrace to the sport". Ok.
You are implying that he tried to pull one over on the insurance company to receive a settlement.

The truth with that is, he was told by doctors to stop racing. The injuries he suffered should have been career ending. He didn't quite to collect insurance money like you have implied. He wasn't done racing, he was told to hang it up. He didn't stage a crash to collect a check.

When he didn't get the payout due to a paperwork snafu from insurance who agreed to a policy and took his money to only void it when it was time to collect on a technicality, he had to continue racing against the advice of doctors.

So, you can try to make him look like a quitter the way you have or you can look at it from the other side of the coin, he had to do what he had to do to provide for his family after getting eff'd from an insurance company.

again,

I don't agree with what Ryno tweeted, but that tweet doesn't define him as a human being or a competitor. Do we live and die by twitter now days?

maybe instead of "disgrace" he should have used "disappointment"

Oh well, it's all good. bad tweet, good guy.
WhKnuckle
4/14/2013 12:26pm
Regis wrote:
You are implying that he tried to pull one over on the insurance company to receive a settlement. The truth with that is, he was told...
You are implying that he tried to pull one over on the insurance company to receive a settlement.

The truth with that is, he was told by doctors to stop racing. The injuries he suffered should have been career ending. He didn't quite to collect insurance money like you have implied. He wasn't done racing, he was told to hang it up. He didn't stage a crash to collect a check.

When he didn't get the payout due to a paperwork snafu from insurance who agreed to a policy and took his money to only void it when it was time to collect on a technicality, he had to continue racing against the advice of doctors.

So, you can try to make him look like a quitter the way you have or you can look at it from the other side of the coin, he had to do what he had to do to provide for his family after getting eff'd from an insurance company.

again,

I don't agree with what Ryno tweeted, but that tweet doesn't define him as a human being or a competitor. Do we live and die by twitter now days?

Maybe he should have realized that sometimes riders are hurt and just can't hang on any more and STFU. Lord knows Ryno has quit plenty of times.
Bytor
4/14/2013 12:29pm
Reminds me of an old saying. Takes one to know one.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
4/14/2013 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 12:33pm
Regis wrote:
You are implying that he tried to pull one over on the insurance company to receive a settlement. The truth with that is, he was told...

again,

WhKnuckle wrote:
Maybe he should have realized that sometimes riders are hurt and just can't hang on any more and STFU. Lord knows Ryno has quit plenty of...
Maybe he should have realized that sometimes riders are hurt and just can't hang on any more and STFU. Lord knows Ryno has quit plenty of times.
yeah, bad tweet. He didn't and probably doesn't know the extent of JS7's injuries.

Hey! Lets hear of one of these times Ryno pulled out of a race when he shouldn't have. If there are plenty, you should be able to tell us one of the top of your head.
WhKnuckle
4/14/2013 12:35pm
Regis wrote:

again,

WhKnuckle wrote:
Maybe he should have realized that sometimes riders are hurt and just can't hang on any more and STFU. Lord knows Ryno has quit plenty of...
Regis wrote:
yeah, bad tweet. He didn't and probably doesn't know the extent of JS7's injuries. Hey! Lets hear of one of these times Ryno pulled out of...
yeah, bad tweet. He didn't and probably doesn't know the extent of JS7's injuries.

Hey! Lets hear of one of these times Ryno pulled out of a race when he shouldn't have. If there are plenty, you should be able to tell us one of the top of your head.
Troy '01 he fell in the first moto, rode around and finished and didn't come out for the second. If he can finish one moto, why can't he ride the second? Lots of other guys would line up to ride a works Honda. He's a disgrace to the sport.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
4/14/2013 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 12:50pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Regis wrote:
yeah, bad tweet. He didn't and probably doesn't know the extent of JS7's injuries. Hey! Lets hear of one of these times Ryno pulled out of...

WhKnuckle wrote:
Troy '01 he fell in the first moto, rode around and finished and didn't come out for the second. If he can finish one moto, why...
Troy '01 he fell in the first moto, rode around and finished and didn't come out for the second. If he can finish one moto, why can't he ride the second? Lots of other guys would line up to ride a works Honda. He's a disgrace to the sport.
LMAO.

great example.

So, he gets up after crashing and finishes? But for some unknown reason doesn't line up for 2nd moto? Are you sure? I have no argument for this. He should have retired then. You'r right. Such a disgrace.

BTW- Ryan Hughes went 13-4 at Troy in 2001 for 6th overall on a Factory Honda.
WhKnuckle
4/14/2013 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 12:54pm
Regis wrote:

WhKnuckle wrote:
Troy '01 he fell in the first moto, rode around and finished and didn't come out for the second. If he can finish one moto, why...
Regis wrote:
LMAO. great example. So, he gets up after crashing and finishes? But for some unknown reason doesn't line up for 2nd moto? Are you sure? I...
LMAO.

great example.

So, he gets up after crashing and finishes? But for some unknown reason doesn't line up for 2nd moto? Are you sure? I have no argument for this. He should have retired then. You'r right. Such a disgrace.

Well, if he had it would have been one in a long line of retirements. He's made quitting into an art form. When he retires now, it's not even news. I don't really give a damn, but if he's going to call other guys a disgrace to the sport because they dropped out of a race, maybe they should take a quick look at his own record.

And you're right about Troy. He crashed in the first moto, finished, rode the second moto and THEN quit. If he could ride the second moto, why couldn't he ride the next week? What a disgrace. If I remember right, Honda had to get Mike Larocco to ride the 450 because Hughes couldn't drag himself out there.

Whatever. It's not the first stupid thing the village idiot screamed in the town square and probably won't be the last.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
4/14/2013 12:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 12:56pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Regis wrote:
LMAO. great example. So, he gets up after crashing and finishes? But for some unknown reason doesn't line up for 2nd moto? Are you sure? I...
LMAO.

great example.

WhKnuckle wrote:
Well, if he had it would have been one in a long line of retirements. He's made quitting into an art form. When he retires now...
Well, if he had it would have been one in a long line of retirements. He's made quitting into an art form. When he retires now, it's not even news. I don't really give a damn, but if he's going to call other guys a disgrace to the sport because they dropped out of a race, maybe they should take a quick look at his own record.

And you're right about Troy. He crashed in the first moto, finished, rode the second moto and THEN quit. If he could ride the second moto, why couldn't he ride the next week? What a disgrace. If I remember right, Honda had to get Mike Larocco to ride the 450 because Hughes couldn't drag himself out there.

Whatever. It's not the first stupid thing the village idiot screamed in the town square and probably won't be the last.
maybe I edited my post the same time you replied

but after a little fact finding......

Ryan Hughes went 13-4 at Troy in 2001 on that "works" Honda.

So yeah, he crashed the first moto and got 13th. Came out and got 4th second moto for 6th overall. Maybe it was another Ryan Hughes you speak of?

I hate when facts get in the way of a good story. Smile
WhKnuckle
4/14/2013 12:56pm
Regis wrote:
LMAO.

great example.

WhKnuckle wrote:
Well, if he had it would have been one in a long line of retirements. He's made quitting into an art form. When he retires now...

Regis wrote:
maybe I edited my post the same time you replied but after a little fact finding...... Ryan Hughes went 13-4 at Troy in 2001 on that...
maybe I edited my post the same time you replied

but after a little fact finding......

Ryan Hughes went 13-4 at Troy in 2001 on that "works" Honda.

So yeah, he crashed the first moto and got 13th. Came out and got 4th second moto for 6th overall. Maybe it was another Ryan Hughes you speak of?

I hate when facts get in the way of a good story. Smile
Yes, see my post above. Those facts are a pain in the ass, aren't they?
chrisbuehler
4/14/2013 12:56pm
Regis wrote:

More heart than Doug Henry? Not a chance

Post a reply to: JS7

The Latest