JS7

Ozzy
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:24pm
What was Lance's book, "It's not about the bike"....
this could be "It's all about the politics".
Bravo JS7......

Corporate America 101:
1) When wronged, pushed, or otherwise, push back (get 'em at the pay window)
2) There's always 2 sides, 'til there is not.
3) Criticism is the best form of flattery.

Dave O.Wink
|
calimxer91
8/25/2010 4:58pm
What about the Fans and Sponsers?If Brooks was the one who lied to him ,then the whole curtain could fall .
ab5772
8/25/2010 4:59pm
That may be the case, but IMO, he is hurting his own image more than he is hurting the Nationals.
Hank_Thrill
8/25/2010 5:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2010 5:42pm

Motives for coming back:

- Racing the Des Nations

- Filming a Reality TV Show at the Des Nations

Reasons not for coming back:

- The Fans

- Doesn't want to get smoked by Dungey
Overdrive
8/25/2010 5:52pm
Ozzy wrote:
What was Lance's book, "It's not about the bike".... this could be "It's all about the politics". Bravo JS7...... Corporate America 101: 1) When wronged, pushed...
Bravo JS7......

Corporate America 101:

Dave O.Wink
This is why it stinks to high heaven....This is racing plain and simple, we just want to see him race to take our minds off politics and the real world. Forget corporate 101, do it because you love it and it pays you well.

The Shop

jmar
8/25/2010 5:52pm
Let's be honest here guys.
Coming back after being off for so long, wasn't the smartest thing that he could have done. His chances were slim, and not winning was seen as a failure in the eye of his haters.

James had everything to lose, and nothing to gain.
kardy
8/25/2010 6:01pm
jmar wrote:
Let's be honest here guys. Coming back after being off for so long, wasn't the smartest thing that he could have done. His chances were slim...
Coming back after being off for so long, wasn't the smartest thing that he could have done. His chances were slim, and not winning was seen as a failure in the eye of his haters.

Disagree. To come back and keep trying WHILE losing would've said a lot about his soul and love of the sport and/or appreciation of the lifestyle it's given him. And who knows, maybe he would've gotten back up to speed, but now we'll never know.
mx295
8/25/2010 6:03pm
calimxer91 wrote:
What about the Fans and Sponsers?If Brooks was the one who lied to him ,then the whole curtain could fall .
You know who it is..Remember who's two faced and never gets thanked on the podium Wink
hasko158
8/25/2010 6:03pm
I am torn on this one. I doubt he is making up the fact he was lied to, and if he was, then the series doesn't deserve him to show up, but only if an organizer lied. On the other hand James is not a loser, and knowing he can't win, its best for his ego to not show up. This is a terrible attitude, and just as I saw first hand at Unadilla, he does not care for the fans the way he tries to portray. I say see ya! The racing has been great without him.
Matt#49
8/25/2010 6:04pm
jmar wrote:
Let's be honest here guys. Coming back after being off for so long, wasn't the smartest thing that he could have done. His chances were slim...

Hey jmar,

You said "James had everything to lose, and nothing to gain."

hhmmmmm....nothing to gain huh?..... how about a little respect!!!

bents
Fantasy
710th
8/25/2010 6:17pm
Ozzy wrote:
What was Lance's book, "It's not about the bike".... this could be "It's all about the politics". Bravo JS7...... Corporate America 101: 1) When wronged, pushed...
Bravo JS7......

Corporate America 101:

Dave O.Wink
Sorry Ozzy,

As much as I respect your knowledge of our sport and the time you put into it professionally from every angle, I respectfully disagree. JS7, to quote Mahummad Yunus (Winner-Nobel Peace Prize 2006) needs to read and understand what this means:

"We are the architects of our own fate"

jmar
8/25/2010 6:42pm
jmar wrote:

kardy wrote:
Disagree. To come back and keep trying WHILE losing would've said a lot about his soul and love of the sport and/or appreciation of the lifestyle...
Disagree. To come back and keep trying WHILE losing would've said a lot about his soul and love of the sport and/or appreciation of the lifestyle it's given him. And who knows, maybe he would've gotten back up to speed, but now we'll never know.
Kardy,

You of all people should know that, before James became a teenager, he had more time along with all the blood, sweat and tears, invested in this sport, than all those who criticize him here. As far as appreciation for the lifestyle this sport has "given" him?

I don't believe anything was "given" to him. And as far as some of you believing that you are the source of funds that has paid for his lifestyle?

Your not, so get over it.

BTW: I am not a big JS fan, but I fully understand what he and his family has invested in his success.
jmar
8/25/2010 6:46pm
jmar wrote:

Matt#49 wrote:

Hey jmar,

I think James will sleep just fine with out your, or anyone else"s respect, when it comes to motoboard experts.

88sdad
8/25/2010 6:56pm
jmar wrote:
Kardy, You of all people should know that, before James became a teenager, he had more time along with all the blood, sweat and tears, invested...
Kardy,

You of all people should know that, before James became a teenager, he had more time along with all the blood, sweat and tears, invested in this sport, than all those who criticize him here. As far as appreciation for the lifestyle this sport has "given" him?

I don't believe anything was "given" to him. And as far as some of you believing that you are the source of funds that has paid for his lifestyle?

BTW: I am not a big JS fan, but I fully understand what he and his family has invested in his success.
Well said Jim.
Ozzy
8/25/2010 6:57pm
As in anything in life, it's our love of it all that first draws you & us in.
However, as in anything, as one grows, becomes a commodity, as is the
case here, it's just business.
JS7 has become a business, a major corporation, a machine.
A powerful machine at that.
As in most businesses, there's that area for most of us, the fans, called
the lobby. In that lobby, you can come and go as you please.
You may not like the decor either, but again it's your choice to come or go.......
For me it's clear.
As far as to quote: "We are the architects of our own fate",
From my perspective, his "architecture" is just fine.
How about this 1: "for every action, there's a reaction".....

Dave O.Wink
wreckitrandy
8/25/2010 6:57pm
He's not foolin' anyone that matters other than himself. The thing about quitting is, it just keeps gettin' easier to do.
kardy
8/25/2010 7:05pm
jmar wrote:
Kardy, You of all people should know that, before James became a teenager, he had more time along with all the blood, sweat and tears, invested...
Kardy,

Without moto, JS7 doesn't exist, period. It ain't vice versa - there's been plenty before him and there'll be plenty more after. This whole situation stinks like he's affraid to lose and, whether it's true or not, that's the general perception, and condescending press releases won't change it at this point.

I used to love watching James ride, now I can't even remember what it was I liked? Thank god the new guard is fast and have interesting styles for me to focus on, since James' days are limited to only showing up on the days he feels he'll spank everyone.
jmar
8/25/2010 7:09pm
jmar wrote:
Kardy,

kardy wrote:
Without moto, JS7 doesn't exist, period. It ain't vice versa - there's been plenty before him and there'll be plenty more after. This whole situation stinks...
Without moto, JS7 doesn't exist, period. It ain't vice versa - there's been plenty before him and there'll be plenty more after. This whole situation stinks like he's affraid to lose and, whether it's true or not, that's the general perception, and condescending press releases won't change it at this point.

I used to love watching James ride, now I can't even remember what it was I liked? Thank god the new guard is fast and have interesting styles for me to focus on, since James' days are limited to only showing up on the days he feels he'll spank everyone.
Read Ozzy's post. You may not like it, but it's reality.
IceMan446
8/25/2010 7:13pm
James really had no reason to come back IMO. His injury was big although it was a small bone. He should have just stayed out until sx. I think he thought he would heal up a lot faster then what he did and once he said he would be back by hangtown he felt he had to show up at some point. Outdoors is tough and him riding at anything less then 100 percent is bad for him and other people. He can come back healthy at A1 and then get outdoor testing done like evryone else and race the nats next year. He wasn't on the mxon team, he didn't win the outdoor title and he wasn't fit enough to go two 30 plus 2s, what's the point of hurting himself for nothing.

And the fans aren't owed shit by JS7 so don't say its for the fans. The fans pay to see racing and they got that, with or with out him
kardy
8/25/2010 7:15pm
jmar wrote:
I don't do well with Ozzy's haiku, it gives me a headache Wink

I guess I take the Stewart crap personally since I have almost no reason to take it professionally (i have accounts with only two of his relatively minor sponsors), and I'm just plain 'over' the BS spewing out of L&M. Just tell the freakin' truth already, people....
Sonny
8/25/2010 7:19pm
jmar wrote:
Kardy,

kardy wrote:
Without moto, JS7 doesn't exist, period. It ain't vice versa - there's been plenty before him and there'll be plenty more after. This whole situation stinks...

jmar wrote:
Dude, You are missing the biggest point.

MOTOCROSS IS HIS FUCKING JOB.

If you do drywall for a living, you go to work at least 5 days a week. Or you don't work. If you race motocross GET YOUR BITCH ASS TO THE TRACK.

Simple.
pamoto
8/25/2010 7:22pm
And the fan aren't owed shit by JS7 so don't say it's for the fans, WTF. He said it was for the fans repeatedly. He's a disingenuous phony.
Sonny
8/25/2010 7:24pm
pamoto wrote:
And the fan aren't owed shit by JS7 so don't say it's for the fans, WTF. He said it was for the fans repeatedly. He's a...
And the fan aren't owed shit by JS7 so don't say it's for the fans, WTF. He said it was for the fans repeatedly. He's a disingenuous phony.
Best post of 8/25/2010
Thank you.
WhKnuckle
8/25/2010 7:25pm
I think people who think Stewart is scared of racing Dungey have forgotten how Stewart rides when he's on his game. I don't think he ever rode behind Short for half a race - more like half a lap. And that's not taking anything away from Short, he's terrific, but he's human. Dungey is doing great, but he's doing it because of his preparation, his professionalism and his mental approach, not because of overwhelming speed. In fact, RD might have to pick it up a notch next year when Villo and Canard show up.

When Stewart and RC locked up in '06 and '07, it was simply impossible to go any faster than those guys were going. It was just inhuman. And when he went 24-0 in '08, he was winning by 30 seconds all the time. Not to mention winning 22 motos in '04 on probably the slowest motorcycle at the gate.

Say what you want about his personality or his lifestyle, but it's silly to denegrate his riding because you don't like him personally. The guy was an artist on a motorcycle, and, aside from RC, probably the fastest outdoor rider ever (with possible exception of Everts).
DrSweden
8/25/2010 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2010 7:45pm
The whole point has really nothing to do with him riding or not, or the reason for that. I don't like knowing he's not out there, but I have to respect that. The frustration I feel is that he had us all and probably himself going with this cognitive dissonance (tnx for that word Hank Thrill, basically James doesn't walk the talk). That's really the end of it. But he keeps spitting things out every second week. Why?

Just saying of course...
Old Mate
8/25/2010 7:29pm
Thanks for the good times JS7, you have been a brilliant form of entertainment and the effort you have put in is obvious to all, come back if you have the desire or retire uninjured, so many dont, but hey, Dungey is so bloody good dont you reckon!
motogrady
8/25/2010 7:31pm

Hey, his big paycheck is SX, not MX.

Why deal with any of this?

Would any of you?

He and the people around him have worked very hard to get where he is.
Nothing was given to him.
He's a professional racer making a good living, a team and a system that has jelled.
Why risk another injury, doing something you and your team aren't really into anyway?

As a professional racer, a breadwinner, smart move imo.
pamoto
8/25/2010 7:36pm
It's a shame when someone gets so much money and fame that he is surrounded by yes men. I'm guessing this is true. His TV show was a disaster. I wonder if anyone told him that? Saying repeatedly I'm coming back for the fans. Either he's delusional or disingenuous or both. And we're to believe he's racing SX AND MX for the next five years. More smoke and mirrors. It's really a shame, you can't tell what's true and what is BS from this guy.
Matt#49
8/25/2010 7:37pm
jmar wrote:

Matt#49 wrote:

Hey jmar,

jmar wrote:
I think James will sleep just fine with out your, or anyone else"s respect, when it comes to motoboard experts.

Jmar, I know Stewart will sleep just fine without my respect. He obviously doesn't give a crap about me just the same as I don't give a crap about him!

Perhaps I should of made my point clearer. He could of gained a lot of respect from his peers and those that have given him both his past and his future!

I have seen and also read many an interview with past and present champions in ALL forms of sports where they appreciate the respect that they recieve from their peers.

In my opinion, those that don't appreciate or don't care for respect from their peers are arrogant and egotistical, and don't deserve to be called a true champion.

Post a reply to: JS7

The Latest